Either there's a calibration problem or the new replacement screen isn't of the same quality as OEM. Things look more posterized (light blue to dark blue shows banding) and lighter.

My suggestion is once you get a new screen, test it first with some images before installing. I only quickly tested it on and off, no images. I didn't suspect there would be lower quality panels out there.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 06-29-21 at 04:02 PM.
    06-29-21 03:48 PM
    Either there's a calibration problem or the new replacement screen isn't of the same quality as OEM. Things look more posterized (light blue to dark blue shows banding) and lighter.

My suggestion is once you get a new screen, test it first with some images before installing. I only quickly tested it on and off, no images. I didn't suspect there would be lower quality panels out there.
    Thing is I'd be surprised if someone else made a display to fit the KEYone. Unusual size display with very small userbase - just don't see the market for it.

My guess is it's just defective... return it.
    06-30-21 01:56 PM
    Thing is I'd be surprised if someone else made a display to fit the KEYone. Unusual size display with very small userbase - just don't see the market for it.

My guess is it's just defective... return it.
    I'm just hoping it's some burn-in period... but I'll message the eBay seller and see what they have to say.

Here's a photo of the screen, to show the banding. It's continuous, like 24-bits are being displayed, only there's red being introduced in some bands. (The dithering isn't present in person. It's my camera sharpness.)

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-keyone_lcd_banding.jpg

I used an app called simply "Screen Test". No dead pixels and solid colored screens look fine. Grids look fine too.
    06-30-21 04:45 PM
    Following up on this thread too... (long overdue)...

I contacted the eBay seller and was dispatched another screen within a day, which I received two days later. The screen tested good! Now it's just a matter of removing the current screen and swapping in the new.

I did receive a dud the first time. I suggest testing before gluing everything down! New screens can't be assumed to be perfect.
    08-02-21 03:52 AM
    Necro...

The screen just fell out of my launch day KeyONE yesterday as I was trying to put it in my pocket. The top of it got caught on my pocket, and when I looked down I saw it was trying to fall off. Thankfully it didn't shear the ribbon cable, so I was able to stick it back down with 3M tape that coincidentally was delivered yesterday for my son. He said it was what they used at UBIF when they were out of actual screen tape.
    08-17-23 08:17 PM
    Necro...

The screen just fell out of my launch day KeyONE yesterday as I was trying to put it in my pocket. The top of it got caught on my pocket, and when I looked down I saw it was trying to fall off. Thankfully it didn't shear the ribbon cable, so I was able to stick it back down with 3M tape that coincidentally was delivered yesterday for my son. He said it was what they used at UBIF when they were out of actual screen tape.
    Good timing.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-19-23 02:27 PM
    Good timing.
    Indeed!
    08-19-23 02:35 PM
1,582 ... 626364