Update 3.

My device took 18 days from the day I dropped it off to the day I received it back.

They did not repair anything. As soon as I took the phone out of the package, the screen fell out again, seriously. There was absolutely zero adhesive used on the repair of this device.

Horrible customer service. Horrible repairs. Horrible company.
    Did you intervene or ask for the device back before it was fixed? Sounds like a real glitch.

Is the cable torn or intact? If still intact, at this point, I would suggest hitting a cell phone repair shop and getting it "taped" locally. If torn, contact and hope for the best a second time around.

Good luck.
    03-24-18 11:16 AM
    Cable not torn. Didn't ask for it back unrepaired.

I contacted them 5 minutes after I received it back and opened another case with them. I'm gonna send it back in for a second go around. I have other devices to use in its absence.

I've been a loyal BB customer for a long time. If they can't get this right, I'm seriously gone. I hate typing on VKB's so I'm kinda torn though unless they come out with a K2 with build quality that rivals the iPhone and runs Android 8.0 out the box.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using CB Forums mobile app
    FF22 and elfabio80 like this.
    03-24-18 11:26 AM
    Update 3.

My device took 18 days from the day I dropped it off to the day I received it back.

They did not repair anything. As soon as I took the phone out of the package, the screen fell out again, seriously. There was absolutely zero adhesive used on the repair of this device.

That's why I don't replace my Priv and my BB10s with a BBMo... Don't know what to do. Every month I hope things get better, but always the same ****...
    falbo and hoytbowhunter like this.
    03-24-18 11:32 AM
    Update 3.

Man that's really sad, sorry about your experience with them. I've been asking for a replacement to as my new KEYone has a fingerprint scanner issue out the box, BB had me run a test and it showed that everything had passed as in it passed the test.so then I was advised to do a master reset done that and still nothing. What's really odd as these two phones are not a like everything set up the same but one is way brighter than the other keyboard and display back lighting.
    03-25-18 05:43 PM
    I just got my one back. It took 5 days from the day I sent it to get it back. They send me a replacement phone that works fine so far. The date of assembly shows 20180322. I'm super happy with the communication with BlackBerry and their services! That's in UK
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-26-18 01:04 PM
    I just got my one back. It took 5 days from the day I sent it to get it back. They send me a replacement phone that works fine so far. The date of assembly shows 20180322. I'm super happy with the communication with BlackBerry and their services! That's in UK
    There's no way physically possible you got a replacement that has a build date of just four days ago unless you went to China and took one off the assembly line.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-26-18 02:05 PM
    There's no way physically possible you got a replacement that has a build date of just four days ago unless you went to China and took one off the assembly line.
    Well, I guess they can alter that stuff. There's no other way I get device this new...
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-745.jpg  
    03-26-18 02:18 PM
    Well I guess they can alter that stuff. There's no other way I get device this new...
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-745.jpg  
    03-26-18 02:19 PM
    Well I guess they can alter that stuff. There's no other way I get device this new...
    Wow... wtf? They still make KEYone's in March 2018?
    03-27-18 05:03 AM
    Hi there,

I would like to share that:sadly here in Middle East companies not respecting consumers rights like in US or EU.
    Last week my screen start falling of and I open a ticket with Axiomcare warrany center. They give me a replacement phone same like tv remote. I received my same phone repaired yesterday and microphone was not working. They offer me open a ticket again, God knows when I will receive my phone back and in which condition? Axiom outsourcing BB issues most probably to some backstreet shops. Replacement screen was not looking like original. I made some noises there, it wasn't acceptable. They offer me trade options that my keyone was worth 150$. That's true, this is the actual value of this phone. If I want to purchase Chinese phone there is many better brands other than TCL with better value.

Imagine how I can trust this phone for my future works? I don't want to risk my business.

Now I'm done with Axiom and BB. I will not pay more for less service.

If they want to keep BB's brand reputation for future, better to remove one "r" from the name or make it BlankBerry for such devices.

Ticket Number: 501010081185 Please find attached proof.KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-untitled.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	435385
    04-03-18 12:36 AM
    Should be receiving my device back for a second time on this Thursday or Friday. It is shipping back to me today.

Let's see if it's fixed this time around.
    04-10-18 01:11 PM
    Got my device back and now it finally looks like they fixed the screen however, my device is now uncertified in Google Play Store. Factory reset it numerous times, tried the workarounds, etc. Nothing works to change it back to certified.
    04-13-18 09:41 AM
    OK, first sent this device in at the beginning of March for screen repair (fell out). Received back 17 days later and screen fell out the instant I took it out of the box. They made absolutely no repairs to it. Sent it back same day and received 18 days later. Screen is fixed but now device is registering as uncertified in Google Play Store. Tried about 5 or 6 factory resets, still uncertified. Tried other fixes I found on the internet, still uncertified. Phone will not under any circumstances sync my Google account. Device freezes every time I try to make a call and will only fix with a 32 second reboot. Everytime. Device has Sprint Network ringtones on it and also asks what MMS APN I want to use out of T-Mobile (my network) and Metro PCS. This is my original device and has never seen a Metro PCS or Sprint SIM card so why these things are on here is beyond me. The technician obviously seriously messed things up. Now, I am stuck paying $500 for an advance exchange device that is someone else's piece of crap refurbished phone. After 10+ years of using a BlackBerry, I'm done. As soon as I get my "new" device from them, it's more than likely going up for sale. Their technicians are incompetent and the people on the phone are ignorant. Rep on phone was trying to walk me through rooting my device so I could certify it myself. Seriously, rooting a BlackBerry? And these are supposed to be knowledgeable professionals. Done.
    04-13-18 06:36 PM
    an update to my earlier post (I had an advanced exchange) as my replacement device seemed to be working fine, and the screen seemed to be well attached. I had spoke to a supervisor asking her to contact the service center to check the device before it was sent to me, and based on the thread here, to also wait until a new device was available.

Unfortunately none of that happened. Instead, I check the 360 repair site and a device has been sent to me. Now, I called her back and she said they have no control of the repair center, but she sent a email to the manager their to ensure the device was checked before sending.

I accepted this and spent hours transferring all my data, and then sent the old device back within the 5 day limit.
    Surprise, the replacement device has been slow and to my disappointment, the flip case does not work with the device. The notification window does not display correctly (essentially nothing happens, and the device does not go into sleep when the lid is closed) and after calling and this time speaking to the supervisors manager, he advised to go into testing (described here on another forum to check build date, etc) and under "HALL" it shows Fail, as the Pass is not highlighted.
    What that means is the device doesn't have some HW or SW to allow the magnet (when pressed against the screen) to function correctly. Also I tried with a larger magnet, per his advice to try to place it over the screen and still nothing.
    While this isn't a huge issue, this combined with the buggy SW, concerned me after seeing the recent posts about issues with their technicians. They said they are working on sending me a brand new device after they close the existing ticket, that still shows open (after it was delivered more than a week ago!)

I will update further after I hear back from the manager.
    04-14-18 06:10 PM
    BlackBerry Care/Repair/whatever is complete and utter trash.

Their phone reps have zero clue what they are talking about and just read canned responses to you whenever you have a question or issue.

Their techs that work on the repairs are incompetent pieces of garbage who can care less about their quality of work based on the fact that they probably make crap for pay.

I'll be selling the refurb one they send me and I'll be selling my wife's newer, non screen issue K1 shortly thereafter, probably on here. I wouldn't dare sell my refurb on here, don't want to subject any CB members to subpar trash. Probably put that one on eBay.

I'll keep my Classic and if the new PKB device comes out and it is solid without any physical issues, maybe I'll give it a go however, no more launch purchases for me from TCL. I'll let others be the test dummies for them.
    kadakn01 likes this.
    04-15-18 09:51 PM
    BlackBerry Care/Repair/whatever is complete and utter trash.

Their phone reps have zero clue what they are talking about and just read canned responses to you whenever you have a question or issue.

Their techs that work on the repairs are incompetent pieces of garbage who can care less about their quality of work based on the fact that they probably make crap for pay.

I'll be selling the refurb one they send me and I'll be selling my wife's newer, non screen issue K1 shortly thereafter, probably on here. I wouldn't dare sell my refurb on here, don't want to subject any CB members to subpar trash. Probably put that one on eBay.

I'll keep my Classic and if the new PKB device comes out and it is solid without any physical issues, maybe I'll give it a go however, no more launch purchases for me from TCL. I'll let others be the test dummies for them.
    Wow that is an awful experience...

I too have come to hate the silver K1 specifically, I just don't think it's build is to par.

However the black edition is another story, I just got mine and I really really like it much more.

Build quality seems better (came across less threads about hardware issues with it than silver, even apart from screen lift) keyboard is clickier, and it just looks way nicer.

Would you give the black edition a try before throwing the towel completely?
    04-16-18 01:09 AM
    Already threw in the towel (for now). Picked up an Essential PH-1 slab in the Amazon exclusive matte gray color tonight.
    04-16-18 01:16 AM
    Have to say I'm scared reading some of this. So far been lucky with my K1 but I couldn't afford to go through all this just cos I love the pkb. I'm done with exotic stuff. Currently Having problems with a jaguar car and a mondraker mountain bike.

From now on everything I buy is sadly gonna be boring and mainstream.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-16-18 02:03 AM
    Already threw in the towel (for now). Picked up an Essential PH-1 slab in the Amazon exclusive matte gray color tonight.
    Enjoy your new phone. However, while you're still within return period, I should warn you that while the QC of the silver K1 may be questionable, the Essential on the other hand, has been deemed unrepairable and a nightmare to disassemble. Not to mention that I don't know how their customer care might be in the case of a repair since Essential is a very new company, but then maybe you'd just deal with Amazon.
    As JerryRig would say, repairability is extremely important, and the K1 happens to be very easy to take apart for the most part.

If you really miss the PKB in the coming weeks, consider the black K1, forget the silver. Or wait till K2.

Lastly, of course this is a DroidBerry forum so ppl will tend to pull you back to K1, but man, clicking buttons makes it soo worth it.
    04-16-18 03:16 AM
    Enjoy your new phone. However, while you're still within return period, I should warn you that while the QC of the silver K1 may be questionable, the Essential on the other hand, has been deemed unrepairable and a nightmare to disassemble. Not to mention that I don't know how their customer care might be in the case of a repair since Essential is a very new company, but then maybe you'd just deal with Amazon.
    As JerryRig would say, repairability is extremely important, and the K1 happens to be very easy to take apart for the most part.

If you really miss the PKB in the coming weeks, consider the black K1, forget the silver. Or wait till K2.

Lastly, of course this is a DroidBerry forum so ppl will tend to pull you back to K1, but man, clicking buttons makes it soo worth it.
    I know. I hate VKB's.
    04-16-18 09:03 AM
    I was sitting with a friend showing her some things on the KEYone and her screen fell out when she turned it over. wow, and the ribbon tore, also. she didn't have a backup and the screen won't come on. she bought it last May/17. I called BlackBerry Mobile and they took care of her right away and she should have her new phone sometime this week.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-18 05:44 PM
    Still as of April 18th, nothing has been done about my replacement device being shown received and thus the previous ticket closed and my $550 refunded. The device as I wrote previously was received back to them April 9th, and I need this ticket closed to open a new one for another replacement device as mine still has issues. They are very nice on the phone as was mentioned here, but simply don't have any control over the process, or the repair facility.
    04-18-18 06:06 PM
    Now my Keyone wont show notifications, also the hub is not working (can send an email, but no new emails show), cant connect to a computer (it still charges only) as wont show charge or usb option (shows the device on computer but empty with no files on it) so have to transfer all files from internal drive to SD card via internal file transfer before the device crashes. even apps wont update in Google play. Only good news is Blackberry mobile is working on getting me a new device.
    I tried to re-enable GMAIL app as the hub isn't working, however while the app opens, it doesnt show any new emails, even after selecting it as default and also it says update pending on google play as it is frozen, tried a soft reset, than a hard one, still doesn't work, Again this is a replacement device i just started using 2 weeks ago. also calendar events dont sync.

Worse, is even the ability to send a bug report doesnt work, as you cannot tap on the about phone and thenbuild number 7 times to enable developer mode. it takes it so i believe as the LED flashes after I select "take bug report" but then cant see it or send it.

lastly, if that wasnt enough, the navigation button on the bottom of the screen (fixed triangle, circle and square) dont work, accept the back button, so getting out of apps is difficult, and no idea of what apps are open.

I will confirm what others have said here, that Blackberry mobile admitted to me they have been sending replacement devices with screen issues, and sw issues, as i have been talking to them daily with all the issues i am having. The team there is working on getting me a brand new device, but the amount of issues they have had are even making me a loyal blackberry user , wanting a samsung S7 or S8.
    04-22-18 03:05 PM
    Purchased CDMA version last June. Early batch. Made it eleven months. Thought I got lucky. Guess not.

I chose the replace option. I have a couple dings and a little wear and tear from using last 11 months otherwise phone works perfectly. I sure hope they don't charge me for the couple scuffs I do have.
    05-04-18 10:49 AM
    Purchased a KEYone on 5/31/17. Screen popped off a few months later. BlackBerry sent me a new phone. Today my replacement phone screen fell out. I noticed that there was no adhesive on the replacement phone and I know that the issue was already out in the open prior to my old phone losing it’s screen. How did I get an old build for the replacement phone? Has this happened to others? Should I just get the Black Edition assuming that they all have adhesive.

Arthur
    Oh dear, more and more KEYOnes and Replacement KEYOnes doing this it seems.

Many of us said early on that it seems this will happen to a lot of these devices and people kept denying it.

It is so sad to see so many still going through this crap and some more than once to.

It may be best to try the Black Edition, honestly the Silver K1 seems to be an absolute disaster of a device, I don't know why people keep getting it.

The K1 BE is what the K1 should have been from day 1 in terms of both Internal Hardware and External. I am actually tempted to try the BE, but cannot justify it.
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 05-04-18 at 06:05 PM.
    LCW, elfabio80 and the_boon like this.
    05-04-18 05:45 PM
1,582 ... 5657585960 ...