I had to fight with them for 16 days after providing my credit card and they're apparently finally sending a replacement. I have a feeling it could have been a lot longer. One of the hotline reps told me it could be up to 30 days. I'll freaked out though that you've had to go through more than one replacement. That's nuts
    09-25-17 01:59 PM
    Hello,

I had the screen lift happen two weeks ago. I knew that this was a common problem with these phones, so I was keeping an eye on it. Sure enough, the left side separated on me so I followed the advice of several folks in this thread.

I contacted BlackBerry Mobile via e-mail the next day. The customer service rep was quick to respond and want to get the issue resolved, but I mentioned that I want my original device back and not a refurbished device. The e-mailing back and forth became a day or two apart, pretty annoying. If I didn't have a PRIV as a backup, I would (should) have just called them.

After a week of e-mailing, I was finally assured that I would have my original device repaired and returned to me. I was provided a shipping label and I dropped it off the next day.

Two days later, I receive a package with my box and everything I sent with my device, but with a different device in the box. I immediately checked the date via traceability test, and it's a 5/26/17 device just like my old phone.

I contacted my rep again, notifying her that I didn't get my original device repaired as she promised, but instead got the very thing i was trying to avoid - refurb.

The main reason I didn't want a refurbished device is that there is no assurance that the screen won't lift. The rep then assured me that extra measures were taken on my refurb device to make sure this won't happen again.

What do you guys think?

BTW,
    Carrier: T-Mobile USA
    Purchased from: Best Buy
    Date: 6/10
    Date of manufacture: 5/26/17
    09-25-17 04:41 PM
    I had to fight with them for 16 days after providing my credit card and they're apparently finally sending a replacement. I have a feeling it could have been a lot longer. One of the hotline reps told me it could be up to 30 days. I'll freaked out though that you've had to go through more than one replacement. That's nuts
    Wow. I haven't read the whole thread but I thought it was just like during the old BlackBerry days when replacement were sent very fast.

They never picked up the phone when I called but their email support was fast. I'm waiting them to call me to get my credit card info.

Now I am wondering if Amazon will take it back after almost 4 months.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 04:59 PM
    Mostly you'll get a refurbished evidence that has had the screen re-sealed! BUt seeing your old device once you've sent it in is pretty much NIL!
    09-25-17 05:45 PM
    Hello,

I had the screen lift happen two weeks ago. I knew that this was a common problem with these phones, so I was keeping an eye on it. Sure enough, the left side separated on me so I followed the advice of several folks in this thread.

I contacted BlackBerry Mobile via e-mail the next day. The customer service rep was quick to respond and want to get the issue resolved, but I mentioned that I want my original device back and not a refurbished device. The e-mailing back and forth became a day or two apart, pretty annoying. If I didn't have a PRIV as a backup, I would (should) have just called them.

After a week of e-mailing, I was finally assured that I would have my original device repaired and returned to me. I was provided a shipping label and I dropped it off the next day.

Two days later, I receive a package with my box and everything I sent with my device, but with a different device in the box. I immediately checked the date via traceability test, and it's a 5/26/17 device just like my old phone.

I contacted my rep again, notifying her that I didn't get my original device repaired as she promised, but instead got the very thing i was trying to avoid - refurb.

The main reason I didn't want a refurbished device is that there is no assurance that the screen won't lift. The rep then assured me that extra measures were taken on my refurb device to make sure this won't happen again.

What do you guys think?

BTW,
    Carrier: T-Mobile USA
    Purchased from: Best Buy
    Date: 6/10
    Date of manufacture: 5/26/17
    I would hope that they don't want more bad publicity and that any refurb would be fixed properly. Just make sure to test the mics, speakers, etc. Good luck.
    09-25-17 07:12 PM
    So it is a hardware failure for the Mic. BB is sending my fourth device. Still waiting for over 5 days since I gave my credit card for an advanced exchange. Looks like the first two exchanges were almost immediate after giving credit card over phone. Now this time it seems like they are out of stock! Likely because of many faulty units? Or they finally getting their act to review their flawed quality control? Sigh..
    They are completely incompetent ive been waiting over a week for anything all i get is we are still reviewing your case. Its ridiculous they send me a phone with scuff marks on it and you need to review the garbage replacement you sent me get real.
    09-25-17 09:27 PM
    I would hope that they don't want more bad publicity and that any refurb would be fixed properly. Just make sure to test the mics, speakers, etc. Good luck.
    I hope so as well. After reading many of the posts in this thread, it seems like there are still several cases of screen lift happening on replacement devices. The only way to be sure is to get the original repaired or to get a new device made after July.

The worst part is that BlackBerry Mobile agreed to repair my device or replace with a brand new unit, and they didn't deliver.

I really like the Keyone otherwise, and have been using nothing but 'berry's since 2007. Between this issue and having to RMA the PRIV 4 times due to build issues, I sure have spent a lot of time dealing with hassles caused by Blackberry/Digital River/Blackberry Mobile.

Being one of the most die-hard blackberry fans/users out there, I really hope they get these build quality and customer service issues straightened out.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-25-17 09:27 PM
    Well, they created a shipping label yesterday at 12:33 PM but UPS was never contacted to pick up the package. Looks like they may have just created a shipping label just to stop me from tweeting at them. Especially since I'm still receiving the generic copy/paste emails from Blackberry support stating that they're still working on my case (if it was shipped or shipping you'd think they'd update their email to reflect this). I think that whatever happens I'll just be selling the Keyone I receive. If I had to deal with this level of customer service 2 or 3 times like some of the mentions in here I'd go nuts.
    09-26-17 01:56 PM
    Hi guys been trawling the thread looking to see if this issue is present on the black edition. Any black owners having issues?

Posted via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205
    09-26-17 02:11 PM
    Well, they created a shipping label yesterday at 12:33 PM but UPS was never contacted to pick up the package. Looks like they may have just created a shipping label just to stop me from tweeting at them. Especially since I'm still receiving the generic copy/paste emails from Blackberry support stating that they're still working on my case (if it was shipped or shipping you'd think they'd update their email to reflect this). I think that whatever happens I'll just be selling the Keyone I receive. If I had to deal with this level of customer service 2 or 3 times like some of the mentions in here I'd go nuts.
    You aint kidding im waiting close to 2 weeks now for these $#$%%&^*%$^ to just end a working phone out. Two weeks think about that my phone isnt working properly and the best thee guys have is that their escalation team is looking to resolve the issue, 2 weeks it takes you to resolve some BS decision to send a phone out really.
    09-26-17 02:17 PM
    Honestly, take to twitter and tweet at them daily. non-stop. Even better if you can find my thread and add to it. It’s the only way I’ve seen any progress. I mentioned @patforan from CTV in there. He does consumer reports for CTV in Canada. I had no luck until I tagged him. My twitter handle is @phoquetopus
    09-26-17 02:37 PM
    I just tweeted at them again because all they’d done was print a shipping label and do nothing, now I’m getting email updated and an apparent confirmation that it will ship today. We’ll see
    09-26-17 02:39 PM
    I just tweeted at them again because all they’d done was print a shipping label and do nothing, now I’m getting email updated and an apparent confirmation that it will ship today. We’ll see
    Well that's quite ridiculous to even have to go thru that venue to get something done. I almost feel like like im in the 80's in NYC in the middle of a corner buying electronics and when you get home what ever you brought didnt work. You go back the next week to see if the guy is there but no luck he doesnt show up anymore and then you get the feeling that you've been had.
    09-26-17 02:43 PM
    I don’t disagree. I imagine that individuals that are in the same boat as us but not causing a stink over the delay are having to wait a month or more for replacement phones.
    09-26-17 02:47 PM
    I don’t disagree. I imagine that individuals that are in the same boat as us but not causing a stink over the delay are having to wait a month or more for replacement phones.
    A month to get a stinking exchange?

09-26-17 02:49 PM
    That’s what the rep from the keyone hotline told me when I called in after a week. He was smug about it too. That I would call after only a week and expect progress lol
    09-26-17 02:51 PM
    are you in the toronto area? my screen recently popped out too. im in brampton and spoke with bb mobile 5 days ago on thursday when i gave them CC info for an advance exchange. i was told to wait for an email with a tracking number when the phone gets sent out. So far nothing, emailed them on saturday and once more yesterday(monday)....and no one has even replied to the emails asking how long approximately until the phone is sent out to me.
    09-26-17 04:28 PM
    are you in the toronto area? my screen recently popped out too. im in brampton and spoke with bb mobile 5 days ago on thursday when i gave them CC info for an advance exchange. i was told to wait for an email with a tracking number when the phone gets sent out. So far nothing, emailed them on saturday and once more yesterday(monday)....and no one has even replied to the emails asking how long approximately until the phone is sent out to me.
    Im in Nyc the thing is the first time when i had the screen issue it was taken care of in about 6-7 days now i need another replacement and they havent gotten back to me in like 2 weeks.
    09-26-17 05:00 PM
    And another reason when I look in my rear view mirror I see blackberry now and it's fading really fast
    09-26-17 05:25 PM
    hey phoberry i meant to ask you the question up there, if youre in the toronto area. is this a stock issue which is taking them extra long to ship out advance exchange phones?
    09-26-17 05:36 PM
    Same thing. watching youtube with my wife in landscape on the table and the screen literally plopped completely off, like the phone and thescreen had an argument and it kicked the screen out. of course i panicked but i knew it was always possible since its an early model. anyway, i dont have a warranty centre here and it would cost too much to send it back, i decided to fix it myself. first i tried eco fused phone tape on the blank spaces behind the screen itself (the ribbon didint tear thankfully) but i realsied that the screen back doesnt actually touch the base of the phone internal due to the rubber seal around the edge. idea! so i got some loctite go2 and CAREFULLY applied it around the edge with a toothpick, except for the bottom. then i put 2 3.5" hdd's (in cases) on top of it for about an hour. after that it looks like new and works just fine. i tried lifting it myself and cant pull it off and i even tried bending the phone to see if it will pop off and it stays in place. im not telling anyone else to try it but if you would like pictures i can send some.. just thought i'd shere. now (of course) i use a case just for insurance
    FF22 and fanisk like this.
    09-27-17 06:50 AM
    hey phoberry i meant to ask you the question up there, if youre in the toronto area. is this a stock issue which is taking them extra long to ship out advance exchange phones?
    I’m in Alberta but yes it was an apparent stock issue. Looks like it’s getting delivered this morning finally. I’ll keep you guys updated on the state of the replacement
    09-27-17 09:29 AM
    Honestly I can’t recommend enough getting on social media to expedite the process. I’m absolutely convinced that if I hadn’t done so I’d still be waiting with no updates from blackberry.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    09-27-17 09:34 AM
    Honestly I can’t recommend enough getting on social media to expedite the process. I’m absolutely convinced that if I hadn’t done so I’d still be waiting with no updates from blackberry.
    My wife just pointed out that she tweeted @bbmobile three times during the process and never got a response. It wasn’t until I tagged @steveCistulli (president/GM TCL) and @patforan (CTV consumer report) that I started getting any traction.
    09-27-17 09:47 AM
    got my replacement. Mint condition. They even included a free case. KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_0382.jpg
    09-27-17 10:51 AM
1,582 ... 4445464748 ...