Add 1 more to the list. I got a K1 in June for my business. The screen fell off in August. Already replaced by TCL in warranty.

I will be however returning another K1 that I bought about 3 weeks ago. Build date is early August, but I don't want to take any chances.
    Too many horror stories here: screen lifts, keys falling off, replacement units with scratches, waiting weeks for replacements, etc.
    I just don't feel comfortable anymore. Specially considering the $549 I paid for it. There are great phones on Amazon for under $200.
    Build date early August?? Does it have minor screen issues and you're afraid you'll get a replacement with major screen issues?? or what is wrong with it??
    09-20-17 11:41 AM
    Build date early August?? Does it have minor screen issues and you're afraid you'll get a replacement with major screen issues?? or what is wrong with it??
    No major issues yet. The only issue is that some times the "Recent" capacitive button refuses to work and I have to toggle the screen off and on again to make it work again.
    I am indeed afraid that more issues could arise at some point and I'll be stuck with a refurbished or repaired unit, which doesn't seem fair to me considering the price I paid.
    09-20-17 01:03 PM
    they should try. sure few of us Will pay the extra €
    09-20-17 01:14 PM
    After 2months of keeping up with a very minor screen lift, it finally gave way. the whole screen lifted.
    09-23-17 05:48 AM
    This is how it looks like before I decided to do a DIY fix which luckily worked. Not recommended for very fussy keyone owners as there are excess glue that you have to continue to try and remove but it wears off eventually. My DIY tools: B-7000 glue, tiny forceps, rolled paper (to lift the screen while putting the glue), and a small syringe with needle (used to put the glue). Goodluck!
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-509351.jpg  
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-23-17 05:55 AM
    Finished product. 😂 notice the white glue residue lining on the screen. It can be removed just by using toothpicks. But it takes time to be completely removed.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-509386.jpg  
    09-23-17 05:58 AM
    KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_1911.jpg
    Screen Just Came Off!
    09-23-17 06:08 AM
    Does this one count?

I guess not, it's been on display probably since May 31 so it's normal wear and tear for the screen to come off loll

Rogers store at Yorkdale Mall

09-23-17 09:26 AM
    No major issues yet. The only issue is that some times the "Recent" capacitive button refuses to work and I have to toggle the screen off and on again to make it work again.
    I am indeed afraid that more issues could arise at some point and I'll be stuck with a refurbished or repaired unit, which doesn't seem fair to me considering the price I paid.
    Why not? I heard the price was more than fair since the iPhone and Samsung phones are like over $1000.

The KEYone is priced very aggressively loll
    09-23-17 09:30 AM
    I don’t own a K1 or know how common this issue is, but from the images I’ve seen about affected devices, I would suggest bonding it with this product which is a putty-like setting rubber which is also removable and moisture proof. https://sugru.com/buy/original-formula-black-3-pack
    Last edited by sheradon; 09-23-17 at 10:52 AM.
    09-23-17 10:31 AM
    This is how it looks like before I decided to do a DIY fix which luckily worked. Not recommended for very fussy keyone owners as there are excess glue that you have to continue to try and remove but it wears off eventually. My DIY tools: B-7000 glue, tiny forceps, rolled paper (to lift the screen while putting the glue), and a small syringe with needle (used to put the glue). Goodluck!
    Help, help, I'm being kept in a cage!

I guess rather than a heavy book, you can still kind of use the screen while the glue sets.
    09-23-17 10:34 AM
    Update from the UK:

One of the first units purchased from Selfridges on April the 27th.

Screen separated on August 8th, no warning signs just completely detached.

Contacted Selfridges immediately, who straight away tried to fob me off to contacting BB direct.

I declined, and decided to proceed with Selfridges as I assumed this would give me a better customer service experience (spoiler alert, it didn't)

In one of my first communications with their customer services, I was informed that it could take up ti 8 weeks, and if during their brand investigation they found the error to be with the manufacturer I would be fully refunded.

Fast forward 7 weeks and very little communication from the Selfridges team, I reached out and didn't receive a response for around 8 days.

After resubmitting a contact form online, a customer service manager reached out to me with an update stating that they could repair my phone and send it back to me.

I responded saying I assumed this meant that they had found the error to be with the manufacturer (Shock horror) and that I would like them to process the refund as previously discussed... which is where the fun and games really began.

Initially they ignored my request, simply stating that they could repair the device and send it back if I agreed..

Upon further prompting, they denied that they had ever promised a refund in the case of a manufacturer error and asked me to kindly agree to the repair.

Following an email from myself with proof of the statement, with an IP signed signature they switched to saying that the statement was made in error and that they are unable to process a refund due to blackberry's policy... again asking me to just agree to the repair so they could get my phone back to me quickly (over 2 months later).

Any insights as to my options here? I know that by law outside of 30 days they are permitted to attempt to repair the phone, does them saying they will refund me constitute anything other than terrible customer service or am I entitled to forcing them to keep their word?

What an absolute nightmare, I have never in my life experienced worse customer service.

TLDR;

NEVER PURCHASE FROM SELFRIDGES
    09-23-17 02:14 PM
    Update from the UK:

One of the first units purchased from Selfridges on April the 27th.

Screen separated on August 8th, no warning signs just completely detached.

Contacted Selfridges immediately, who straight away tried to fob me off to contacting BB direct.

I declined, and decided to proceed with Selfridges as I assumed this would give me a better customer service experience (spoiler alert, it didn't)

In one of my first communications with their customer services, I was informed that it could take up ti 8 weeks, and if during their brand investigation they found the error to be with the manufacturer I would be fully refunded.

Fast forward 7 weeks and very little communication from the Selfridges team, I reached out and didn't receive a response for around 8 days.

After resubmitting a contact form online, a customer service manager reached out to me with an update stating that they could repair my phone and send it back to me.

I responded saying I assumed this meant that they had found the error to be with the manufacturer (Shock horror) and that I would like them to process the refund as previously discussed... which is where the fun and games really began.

Initially they ignored my request, simply stating that they could repair the device and send it back if I agreed..

Upon further prompting, they denied that they had ever promised a refund in the case of a manufacturer error and asked me to kindly agree to the repair.

Following an email from myself with proof of the statement, with an IP signed signature they switched to saying that the statement was made in error and that they are unable to process a refund due to blackberry's policy... again asking me to just agree to the repair so they could get my phone back to me quickly (over 2 months later).

Any insights as to my options here? I know that by law outside of 30 days they are permitted to attempt to repair the phone, does them saying they will refund me constitute anything other than terrible customer service or am I entitled to forcing them to keep their word?

What an absolute nightmare, I have never in my life experienced worse customer service.

TLDR;

NEVER PURCHASE FROM SELFRIDGES
    Why not go through Blackberry/TCL directly? You've wasted enough time with Selfridges. I'm quite certain in one month TCL would had replaced or repaired your phone already.
    09-23-17 05:05 PM
    my keyone screen popped out today morning. it's a BBB100-2 version. bought from virgin stores Oman. warranty by axiom. it's just two months. the connector inside has not been detached yet. So the touchscreen and the display works fine as of now. I put tape on the side edge of the screen put hold the screen onto the housing.

the problem is I'm residing in India now. and there's no axiom nor virgin stores here. however when I checked the Internet I could find that there's a blackberry service centre here. I'll just go the service centre and see what they're telling.

I heard about this screen lift only after I bought my keyone. and was praying that mine should not fall out. but it happened!
    09-23-17 05:14 PM
    my keyone screen popped out today morning. it's a BBB100-2 version. bought from virgin stores Oman. warranty by axiom. it's just two months. the connector inside has not been detached yet. So the touchscreen and the display works fine as of now. I put tape on the side edge of the screen put hold the screen onto the housing.

the problem is I'm residing in India now. and there's no axiom nor virgin stores here. however when I checked the Internet I could find that there's a blackberry service centre here. I'll just go the service centre and see what they're telling.

I heard about this screen lift only after I bought my keyone. and was praying that mine should not fall out. but it happened!
    Sorry about your trouble. Look at it this way. Its going to happen to everyone who bought a launch device so you are finally just getting it out of the way.
    09-23-17 05:59 PM
    Tried researching about the glue online. So it takes 3mins to set but they recommend to turn off the phone 24-48 hours. So I did. For 24 hours. 😂
    09-24-17 12:16 AM
    Please help me .. i've Keyone but my screen went out of place .. I bought it from axiom agent from UAE with warranty. . They told me will repair it not replace it
    09-24-17 03:54 AM
    Keyone I've blackberry Keyone silver edition
    Last week when i was chatting with my friend suddenly my screen went out of place but it work well ,, i sent messages to BBMobile , TCL and Blackberry on twitter to see what can i do now ?
    They told me you will go back to your agent not to replace it but they will fix it

Really OMG ,, i told him you said before if anybody happen to him this problem you should go to your agent to replace it

I bought it since 2 months with warranty from axiom agent in " UAE " Dubai

Anybody have any idea to resolve this problem
    09-24-17 04:11 AM
    Keyone I've blackberry Keyone silver edition
    Last week when i was chatting with my friend suddenly my screen went out of place but it work well ,, i sent messages to BBMobile , TCL and Blackberry on twitter to see what can i do now ?
    They told me you will go back to your agent not to replace it but they will fix it

Really OMG ,, i told him you said before if anybody happen to him this problem you should go to your agent to replace it

I bought it since 2 months with warranty from axiom agent in " UAE " Dubai

Anybody have any idea to resolve this problem
    First use tape to make sure that the screen stays in place. You want to prevent the screen from falling off and tearing the thin cable.

Apparently, they repair or replace depending on location.

But as long as they do a good repair, the phone should have no future problems.

Good luck.
    09-24-17 09:50 AM
    Purchased my Keyone in May. Screen separated 16 days ago
    09-25-17 12:31 PM
    09-25-17 12:32 PM
    been going back and forth on Twitter with blackberry to no avail until I looped in CTV consumer report today. all of a sudden I have a UPS package from Alcatel arriving tomorrow
    09-25-17 12:34 PM
    You can follow my twitter exchange @phoquetopus
    09-25-17 12:35 PM
    Almost a week after I got my replacement phone for my screenlift problem, my mic doesn't work when recording videos. Going to do a factory reset and reinstall all the apps and do all the stupid $h1t I had to do to customize the folders, create accounts etc. for the fourth time in three months. What a waste of time :-(
    So it is a hardware failure for the Mic. BB is sending my fourth device. Still waiting for over 5 days since I gave my credit card for an advanced exchange. Looks like the first two exchanges were almost immediate after giving credit card over phone. Now this time it seems like they are out of stock! Likely because of many faulty units? Or they finally getting their act to review their flawed quality control? Sigh..
    09-25-17 01:32 PM
    My screen separated this weekend.

It almost fell to the hard floor when it separated. That would have broken the screen for sure and probably leave me out of warranty. I was lucky I guess.

There is no way to access some data I would have liked to save. Should have thought this would happen given that my phone was from the first batch but it really seemed sturdy.

Got my trusty old Z10 from t-mobile USA day one to work as backup. While I sort this out.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-17 01:50 PM
1,582 ... 4344454647 ...