What is to be gained here though? We know the first run of devices had an unacceptably high adhesive failure rate. BlackBerry Mobile has acknowledged it, have taken steps to improve the process, and are dealing with returns.

It would probably be helpful if @Bla1ze wrote an article that told people exactly what to do if their screen pops off.
    will308 likes this.
    07-29-17 08:36 AM
    What is to be gained here though? We know the first run of devices had an unacceptably high adhesive failure rate. BlackBerry Mobile has acknowledged it, have taken steps to improve the process, and are dealing with returns.

It would probably be helpful if @Bla1ze wrote an article that told people exactly what to do if their screen pops off.
    I think the thread serves the purpose of letting others know of their experiences, and identifying that they are not alone.

As crackberry is the bbmobile support forum I think this thread is relevant, and hopefully focusses the screen off posts to just this thread.

For some this thread is seen as negative, for others it's informative, and for others still a place to seek reassurance they're not alone in having their screen come off.
    FF22, mister2d, gizmo21 and 1 others like this.
    07-29-17 08:55 AM
    I have had my KEYone since day one and just had my screen pop out this morning, (oh well). Thanks to the Crackberry community for the info to get this resolved. Next call, Blackberry!
    07-29-17 09:48 AM
    Mine separated today. First batch I believe. Bought through Amazon UK. What to do?
    07-29-17 10:48 AM
    Mine separated today. First batch I believe. Bought through Amazon UK. What to do?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fe7d4d5e7.jpg
    Contact amazon as a first stop, I should think.
    ridmaur likes this.
    07-29-17 10:51 AM
    Mine separated today. First batch I believe. Bought through Amazon UK. What to do?
    Go through Amazon first, as they are usually pretty good. Otherwise, escalate directly with BlackBerry Mobile.
    ridmaur likes this.
    07-29-17 10:54 AM
    Is anyone sure if the replacement provided is fixed? I am a huge bb fan and I love the keyone very much except for the screen poppin issue. But unless tcl has done a good work fixing it, I dont think going for a replacement is worth. Giving them our daily driver is a very tiring task. I had just moved my documents to my Q10. Now have to set it up. It took me hours setting up my shortcuts in the keyone and other settings. Now I have to do the same in my Q10. Its frustrating some times.
    07-29-17 11:00 AM
    I'm so paranoid holding my phone - gonna make sure I don't have any data I need while I still have a screen (rolls eyes)
    07-29-17 11:57 AM
    I've been following this thread since it started... thinking that I must be one of the lucky ones with a properly assembled KEYone. Last night I plugged in the phone and put it on the nightstand. Picked up the phone this morning and the screen just came off. Been in a Blackberry flip case since I received it on July 14th. One of the fist batch of CDMA phones. Guess calling Blackberry Monday morning.
    07-29-17 11:59 AM
    I'm so paranoid holding my phone - gonna make sure I don't have any data I need while I still have a screen (rolls eyes)
    You should never have non-cloud data on your phone. Losing or breaking a phone should be a distraction only.
    07-29-17 12:00 PM
    You should never have non-cloud data on your phone. Losing or breaking a phone should be a distraction only.
    Or even if the cloud triggers the tinfoil hatters, still, back it up to a PC or something like that.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-17 12:01 PM
    Go through Amazon first, as they are usually pretty good. Otherwise, escalate directly with BlackBerry Mobile.
    Looks like Amazon has it covered. They will send a new unit after an email stating the issue.
    07-29-17 12:42 PM
    Jeez what a mess.
    That's an understatement... 😱

The screen issue continues globally and the resolutions that I read, depending where one is located, is simply incomprehensible. Certainly isn't making me want to invest in a KEYone and wait and see if my freakin screen pops off.

This debacle is a major deterrent for me as I am not going to purchase a KEYone until I feel comfortable that TCL has come forward and publishes a bulletin that they have sorted this screen issue out and have come up with the proper fix.

I will hold off and continue using my Priv which is doing what I need from a smartphone. Certainly no urgency on my part to purchase a KEYone and then have to jump through freakin hoops to get a replacement device when the screen pops out.

It's unfortunate that the screen issue is a major issue and only made worse by TCL by not being proactive and dealing with this issue in a professional manner... TCL needs to man up in my opinion!!!

Bob
    mister2d likes this.
    07-29-17 01:05 PM
    That's an understatement... ������

The screen issue continues globally and the resolutions that I read, depending where one is located, is simply incomprehensible. Certainly isn't making me want to invest in a KEYone and wait and see if my freakin screen pops off.

This debacle is a major deterrent for me as I am not going to purchase a KEYone until I feel comfortable that TCL has come forward and publishes a bulletin that they have sorted this screen issue out and have come up with the proper fix.

I will hold off and continue using my Priv which is doing what I need from a smartphone. Certainly no urgency on my part to purchase a KEYone and then have to jump through freakin hoops to get a replacement device when the screen pops out.

It's unfortunate that the screen issue is a major issue and only made worse by TCL by not being proactive and dealing with this issue in a professional manner... TCL needs to man up in my opinion!!!

Bob
    I actually sent mine back while it was under the 30 day warranty period with Amazon. The screen had not fallen out, but in my opinion it is only a matter of time before they do. I'll get another one maybe in a month or so when the fixed versions should be in retail channels, but its not worth it to me to mess with TCL on a return.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    07-29-17 01:09 PM
    I actually sent mine back while it was under the 30 day warranty period with Amazon. The screen had not fallen out, but in my opinion it is only a matter of time before they do. I'll get another one maybe in a month or so when the fixed versions should be in retail channels, but its not worth it to me to mess with TCL on a return.
    Smart move on your part... 👍

The different procedures for getting a replacement or repair depending on where you are located is mind bending for me to understand. There certainly doesn't seem to be a well organized or fluid procedure. The posts I've read by some with regard to the procedure is seriously a sh*t show.

Not to be upstaged by the PITA is is to actually purchase a KEYone... I guess I was fortunate that when the KEYone was announced it was available through Amazon and Best Buy I wasn't able to buy one as the limited numbers available sold out on multiple attempts... I look at that as being my good fortune because I'm not having to deal with this screen issue.

It's very unfortunate after all the waiting for the release of the KEYone and the hype for the KEYone here on CB that this screen issue occurred and clearly there hasn't been a fix... and certainly no statement from TCL other than what appears to have been lip service they were taking measures to correct the acknowledged issue... Hmmmmmm Me no think so.... 🤔

Bob
    07-29-17 01:26 PM
    Is anyone sure if the replacement provided is fixed? I am a huge bb fan and I love the keyone very much except for the screen poppin issue. But unless tcl has done a good work fixing it, I dont think going for a replacement is worth. Giving them our daily driver is a very tiring task. I had just moved my documents to my Q10. Now have to set it up. It took me hours setting up my shortcuts in the keyone and other settings. Now I have to do the same in my Q10. Its frustrating some times.
    Frankly I'm not 100% they are. At least in the UK.
    After my 'repair' episode and the replacement provided on the 24th of July (nearly a week ago) I have a deja-vu feeling regarding the bottom right side of the screen as it looks different than the left side - half a millimetre wider maybe. Screen is not moving whatsoever but..

The phone was send by the same repair center that 'repaired' my old one with a chainsaw. SBE UK. - hence why I'm worried.

I will stay positive for now. If it does it again, I'm done with BlackBerry support. Will get it repaired myself with kryptonite or something - maybe I will sleep better after.
    Updates to follow (positive ones - I hope)
    07-29-17 06:20 PM
    What are you saying? The google android backup does not backup even all the blackberry applications. In fact, unlike OS10 which used Blackberry Link to allow a complete backup, the Android backup is incomplete and saves few if any settings. Are you suggesting that i need to limit the use of my phone because there is no simple complete backup option? i would suggest that this is a failure of BB or TCL rather than the user.

Now that i've been using the Keyone for about a month, i'm discovering more and more problems which are disappointing because i very much want this phone to work. In addition to the screen fiasco which is a Harvard Business School case study in how to lose your most loyal customer base (something BB mastered years ago and TCL is emulating), I'm, also noticing inconsistent actions when various buttons are inadvertently touched such as stuttering and hanging of the Hub, wifi failing to autoconnect intermittently even in the presence of a strong signal, BB calendar disappointments, difficulty closing apps, a horrendous phone app, and so on.

For me this is not a toy. it's an essential business tool. it's about time TCL and BB step up and do the right thing or this will evolve into a major business costly flop. Right now i put the odds of a successfull & satisfactory conclusion to this circus as less than 50-50.
    herr_tan and mister2d like this.
    07-29-17 07:17 PM
    Well, sounds like it should be easy to replace my KEYone at least in the US. Called the US Support line gave him some info and was quickly told that a new one would be here midweek and I would have 7 days to return the defective device. He also confirmed the new device would be the newer/revised unit.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-17 09:26 PM
    Well, sounds like it should be easy to replace my KEYone at least in the US. Called the US Support line gave him some info and was quickly told that a new one would be here midweek and I would have 7 days to return the defective device. He also confirmed the new device would be the newer/revised unit.
    Lucky gringos
    FF22 and Diana Melamet like this.
    07-29-17 09:27 PM
    Can you take a picture of the device screen as of now and post? I am not sure to give the phone for repair or hold it with me untill the new fixed device is actually out. From what i see through the posts it feels that there is nothing actually such as new fixed device. Maybe they are shuffling the devices given back for repair and forwarding it to different owners as their replacement device. Is there any different between the actual keyone and the fixed one. If there is no visual difference then i dont think there will be a fixed version.
    RazzyRas likes this.
    07-29-17 11:51 PM
    What are you saying?
    Only personal data matters. The rest is just convenience.
    07-30-17 12:22 AM
    OK. my third KEYᵒⁿᵉ received on june.28.2017 started lifting the right bottom corner again today.

yes... all three KEYᵒⁿᵉs purchased in may, early June, and late June have lifting screen issues. so people can not say it is only happening to very few batches.

now.. it is just a day over 30 days return policy from Amazon. so I guess that I have to go through blackberry mobile Warranty huh? **** this.
    Crap that sucks man.
    07-30-17 03:58 AM
    OK. my third KEYᵒⁿᵉ received on june.28.2017 started lifting the right bottom corner again today.

yes... all three KEYᵒⁿᵉs purchased in may, early June, and late June have lifting screen issues. so people can not say it is only happening to very few batches.

now.. it is just a day over 30 days return policy from Amazon. so I guess that I have to go through blackberry mobile Warranty huh? **** this.
    It should be noted as 3 cases, so we could get exact numbers.
    07-30-17 05:29 AM
    Mine separated today. First batch I believe. Bought through Amazon UK. What to do?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6fe7d4d5e7.jpg
    For those interested.
    PRD 633117 003
    Made in China 090517
    Model BB100-2
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-30-17 06:14 AM
    It's scary so see this thread getting busier everyday with new reported cases. It was quiet for the first couple of weeks until Adi made his time more productive listing all the cases.

I say a mod should make this thread a sticky so all new cases would go here. Anyone with me?

Posted via CB10
    It should indeed be made a Sticky thread, as people are posting all over the place and even making new threads about it, when this 1 exists.

This would also help in gathering the number of units at CB affected.
    07-30-17 07:12 AM
1,582 ... 2021222324 ...