My KEYone slipped onto the floor. It had a case on it but the screen came loose. I carefully put it back in place but nothing came onto the screen even though the phone itself was still working. I was devastated. It happened Monday evening. I called BlackBerry Mobile support and it was early enough that someone was still there to take calls. They set me up to send it in for repair and said it would not cost me anything. They were very considerate when they spoke to me. I just hope they can fix it and get it back to me as soon as possible. I was NOT expecting this after having it for 21 months. You see, it is one that I won here at CrackBerry. Right when it was first released. I am hoping for the best. FEDEX said it would arrive at the facility address on Friday which means it will not show up here till next week at the earliest. It was sent to a facility in Florida (I am in Oregon) via FEDEX (probably expedited ground). FORTUNATELY I still have my PRIV which was in semi retirement. It has stepped up to serve me again full time, just like a true veteran. I took some photos of the sunset with it yesterday and it reminded me of how great its camera is for sunset photos. I will probably post a few in the PRIV photo thread!
    PS I was going to photograph it lying forlornly on the floor with the screen askew but I just wanted to see if the screen would work when I carefully put it into place. But alas....
    Last edited by Sigewif; 03-13-19 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added a bit of info
    03-13-19 04:22 PM
    Sadly, my KEYone ordered from Amazon in late May 2017, delivered in early June, has finally succumbed to the screen lift issue after a 1' drop, which it has survived many times before. I pushed it back in, and like Sigewif, hoped it would just be fine, but alas...

I'm going to try the B-7000 glue route since it's slower to dry, which allows time for careful alignment, fully sets in 24-48 hrs, provides a water barrier if I apply it completely all around, and is removeable with heat, should the screen need replacing. The only extremely slow part of the process is ordering the glue from China and the slow shipping...
    03-31-19 07:11 AM
    Sadly, my KEYone ordered from Amazon in late May 2017, delivered in early June, has finally succumbed to the screen lift issue after a 1' drop, which it has survived many times before. I pushed it back in, and like Sigewif, hoped it would just be fine, but alas...

I'm going to try the B-7000 glue route since it's slower to dry, which allows time for careful alignment, fully sets in 24-48 hrs, provides a water barrier if I apply it completely all around, and is removeable with heat, should the screen need replacing. The only extremely slow part of the process is ordering the glue from China and the slow shipping...
    Did your screen turn on after it came loose? Mine did not. That is why I needed to send it to BlackBerry Mobile for repair. Trying to repair it yourself can void the warranty. I would call them first before doing anything. If it has more serious damage like mine did, then it is especially important to do so. They were very forthcoming about it being a known issue.
    04-01-19 01:00 AM
    As an update, my KEYone is finally headed home. So I am celebrating. FedEx tracking has it arriving by the middle of the week.
    04-01-19 01:04 AM
    After the drop, it was a wee bit loose on the left side, so I pushed it back in and it didn't stick by resistance, then I was reading while lying down and gravity was enough to pull it out, though not enough to damage the ribbon. At this point, it's just loose.

I'm in the US, so I imagine my warranty is already over. I guess it can't hurt to contact them first to see if they can repair it for free, since it's a known defect. The only issue with that right now is that I would like to take a trip soon and for a month, if plane ticket prices become reasonable this upcoming week.
    04-01-19 01:53 AM
    As an update, my KEYone is finally headed home. So I am celebrating. FedEx tracking has it arriving by the middle of the week.
    Yay! What's the whole process and the return time?
    04-01-19 01:56 AM
    Mine is as old as yours. They said it was a known issue so I would get it done for free. I hope that is the same for you. But, yes, it has taken a while. Shipping it takes time, depending on where you live. I live in Oregon and it was shipped to a repair facility near Miami. Ground shipping was required, I assume because of the batteries. It shipped March 12th and got there late Friday the 15th. So they couldn't begin till Monday the 18th. It was supposed to be shipped home the 26th. But was delayed and was shipped Fri 3/29. It should be here by Wed. I got a tracking number so it's hopeful. (Likely going ground again).
    They give a case number when I contacted them to use if I needed to contact them with any questions.
    If your screen turns on, back up your data before sending it. Of course remove the Sim and SD card. (Easy to forget in the hast of getting it sent off).
    I wonder if you could ask for a replacement phone instead if you need it quickly. I am not sure they do that but you could ask. Those may be refurbs. I didn't think to ask because I have my Priv.
    The number for the US support is 855-223-4031 (prompt 1). I hope this helps.
    cbvinh likes this.
    04-01-19 03:35 AM
    Update! According to tracking, it is out for delivery today (April fools day lol) instead of Wednesday, as originally estimated. If it indeed arrives today, that will mean it has taken 20 days including time for shipping.
    04-01-19 06:31 PM
    Update! According to tracking, it is out for delivery today (April fools day lol) instead of Wednesday, as originally estimated. If it indeed arrives today, that will mean it has taken 20 days including time for shipping.
    Well true to April fools day, it didn't come and when I called FedEx I found out that even though it is at a local FedEx office the didn't deliver it because it was sent by economy express, and, well, FedEx doesn't want to deliver it earlier than the original scheduled date. Go figure. I may be able to go and pick it up tomorrow.
    04-01-19 09:08 PM
    Mine is as old as yours. They said it was a known issue so I would get it done for free. I hope that is the same for you. But, yes, it has taken a while. Shipping it takes time, depending on where you live. I live in Oregon and it was shipped to a repair facility near Miami. Ground shipping was required, I assume because of the batteries. It shipped March 12th and got there late Friday the 15th. So they couldn't begin till Monday the 18th. It was supposed to be shipped home the 26th. But was delayed and was shipped Fri 3/29. It should be here by Wed. I got a tracking number so it's hopeful. (Likely going ground again).
    They give a case number when I contacted them to use if I needed to contact them with any questions.
    If your screen turns on, back up your data before sending it. Of course remove the Sim and SD card. (Easy to forget in the hast of getting it sent off).
    I wonder if you could ask for a replacement phone instead if you need it quickly. I am not sure they do that but you could ask. Those may be refurbs. I didn't think to ask because I have my Priv.
    The number for the US support is 855-223-4031 (prompt 1). I hope this helps.
    Thanks for this! I ordered the glue a bit ago and it arrived today! Now I have to decide whether to go through the official route or do it myself, given that I may short on time.
    04-01-19 09:52 PM
    Well true to April fools day, it didn't come and when I called FedEx I found out that even though it is at a local FedEx office the didn't deliver it because it was sent by economy express, and, well, FedEx doesn't want to deliver it earlier than the original scheduled date. Go figure. I may be able to go and pick it up tomorrow.
    I feel the same with ordering from Amazon these days. Money is taken immediately, but for the order to be shipped, it takes weeks and sometimes I see that the shipping is 2 or 3 day to meet their deadline when they could have shipped it sooner and I would get it within a few days, instead of waiting weeks, as is the case with free shipping without Prime.
    04-01-19 09:56 PM
    Thanks for this! I ordered the glue a bit ago and it arrived today! Now I have to decide whether to go through the official route or do it myself, given that I may short on time.
    Did your screen still turn on after it broke loose then? Whatever you decide, I hope you have success in getting it fixed.
    04-02-19 12:41 AM
    Did your screen still turn on after it broke loose then? Whatever you decide, I hope you have success in getting it fixed.
    The screen on my KEYone is loose, but never became completely disconnected. It's still working fine.

Thanks!
    04-02-19 05:38 AM
    Finally back! It came a day ahead of the scheduled delivery. It looks as though they may have replaced the entire outer shell. There is a removable plastic cover on the lense of the front facing camera. Not on anything else though. It is almost like a new phone. Of course I have to set it all up again. Gluing it yourself certainly avoids having to do that.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-02-19 04:14 PM
    Hi Everyone - my KeyOne screen separated last night. I've had it probably 18 months, so will BlackBerry fix it for free? I knew about the screen separation since the beginning and hoped to escape the problem.

The phone is on, and but the screen is a slight white but nothing comes on. So I can't turn it off or use it to dial the US support number. Of course, the alarm just went off and I can't turn it off (the alarm or the phone). Any suggestions beyond calling the support number? Thanks! Jim
    04-08-19 04:42 AM
    It's like 2019 and people are still reporting their screens coming off?

LOL

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-10-19 07:20 PM
    It's like 2019 and people are still reporting their screens coming off?

LOL

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Strange that some units had their screen fall off literally the same week it first launched, and others two years later!
    04-10-19 07:33 PM
    I just got a KEYone Black Edition. has it happened to any Black Editions out there?
    04-10-19 08:36 PM
    Strange that some units had their screen fall off literally the same week it first launched, and others two years later!
    I am pretty sure that the screen on mine was held in place for who knows how long by the soft silicone case. So I didn't notice that it might be loose. I also have kept it in one of those pocket cases that were made for the PRIV. It fit perfectly with the silicone case on it. It was when it slipped onto the floor and landed face down that it jarred completely loose. Anyway, BlackBerry Mobile had it repaired for me at no cost. the screen would not turn on after it came loose so I could not recover anything before it was repaired.
    04-11-19 01:36 AM
    I just got a KEYone Black Edition. has it happened to any Black Editions out there?
    Don't think so
    05-03-19 10:49 AM
    send it in ...they'll send you a very nice refurb... they pay the s/h too... don't talk about dropping it, shhh !!
    05-03-19 12:37 PM
    After weeks, I have been told by BlackBerry that since my KeyOne was out of warranty and that I physically abused my phone, that they will not fix it. And they want me to pay $63 to them for their time on a phone that THEIR screen separated from.

I "nicely" informed them that dropping the phone twice in two years (because of its slippery outside) does not constitute abuse. So this is how they treat a BB customer of 10 years standing. I have a Key 2, and this will be my last BB. I didn't pay $600 for a phone that could stay together 21 months.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    05-13-19 06:18 PM
    I have had various cases for my KeyOne but they wear out and in any event, the outside is slippery - which is why the Key 2 is made of different external material.
    05-13-19 07:05 PM
    I was told that BB won't do that anymore.
    05-14-19 05:11 PM
    After weeks, I have been told by BlackBerry that since my KeyOne was out of warranty and that I physically abused my phone, that they will not fix it. And they want me to pay $63 to them for their time on a phone that THEIR screen separated from.

I "nicely" informed them that dropping the phone twice in two years (because of its slippery outside) does not constitute abuse. So this is how they treat a BB customer of 10 years standing. I have a Key 2, and this will be my last BB. I didn't pay $600 for a phone that could stay together 21 months.
    Pay up ...I think they can send out a "hard kill."
    05-17-19 01:08 PM
1,582 ... 6061626364