my second KEYone (silver) had the screen pop off a few days ago. I got in contact with BlackBerry Mobile because now I'm outside the 30 exchange period (bought on Amazon). they sent me a new replacement device with a production date sticker that listed 6/31/17.

it all worked out because I now have the black edition one, and the person who bought my silver KEYone actually got a brand new device
    11-14-17 02:03 AM
    I had my screen fall off on the original device purchased from best buy in early June, then I received a replacement device that supposedly had the "additional strengthening measures" in place. The screen came off the second device, and I was pretty ticked off. I received a third replacement, and this one had a messed up space bar and back cover.

I had my situation "escalated" to a manager, who took over a week of me trying to contact BB Mobile to get ahold of. The manager said he would make sure my next replacement will be "tested for faults" and ensured I would get a good one this time. So far the new one seems okay, but it's only been a day.

Lots of patience is needed with these guys. It's too bad, because I really liked the phone otherwise.
    11-15-17 12:46 AM
    226 cases now, I think.
    There's probably a great deal more than that. We are seeing the few who've come here for help.

Such a shame this is still hapyeven to Refurbished units.

Pretty pathetic BB.
    11-15-17 02:36 PM
    I can't believe this thread is still going on. Actually I guess I can, because it will continue to go until every last one of the original devices screens fall out.
    Exactly!

Most of the apologists ran away now, I'm pretty sure some of them ran into the issue and are trying to save face.
    11-15-17 02:38 PM
    mine came off just now!!! *cries* bought in May from Carphone Warehouse UK. so angry...i really hope i can get a replacement device.

screen is completely dead so cant even improvise....
    11-15-17 03:23 PM
    This thread really makes you want to slap whoever chose the adhesive at TCL during initial batch production. Like really, should be fired. BB's reputation is fragile enough as is to even afford to have this type of crap. Such a simple screen design, so easy to get it right, yet they didnt until July. Hope they don't cheapen out on that when comes time for KEYtwo launch
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-17 03:28 PM
    I think folks have gotten both new and refurbs. Mine was new but in a plain package - cdma for Verizon.
    So I got my replacement phone, built date is May 19 2017 , three days older than my original one, hope the heck it's fixed, will be very unhappy if the screen comes off. 😡
    11-15-17 06:28 PM
    So I got my replacement phone, built date is May 19 2017 , three days older than my original one, hope the heck it's fixed, will be very unhappy if the screen comes off. ������
    It might have been repaired but I don't know how you can tell.

Good luck.
    11-15-17 08:59 PM
    So I got my replacement phone, built date is May 19 2017 , three days older than my original one, hope the heck it's fixed, will be very unhappy if the screen comes off. 😡
    It might have been repaired but I don't know how you can tell.

Good luck.
    11-15-17 08:59 PM
    240 cases now, I think.

There's probably a great deal more than that. We are seeing the few who've come here for help.

Such a shame this is still hapyeven to Refurbished units.

Pretty pathetic BB.
    Exactly, this is just this thread. Twitter, Reddit, unreported cases are all outside of this count. And if one sends in their KEYone and receives the wrong model and/or a refurb worse than what they sent in then they should just shop elsewhere, really.
    11-19-17 11:52 AM
    So I got my replacement phone, built date is May 19 2017 , three days older than my original one, hope the heck it's fixed, will be very unhappy if the screen comes off.
    Good example of you'd only have yourself to blame if you trust this to be fixed. The evidence is all over this thread.

Reports have been made that refurbished or replacement units also have their screens fall off from a certain date.

Good luck but I caution you, if you have a choice to return then I'd return and rebuy a newer one.
    11-19-17 03:04 PM
    Good example of you'd only have yourself to blame if you trust this to be fixed. The evidence is all over this thread.

Reports have been made that refurbished or replacement units also have their screens fall off from a certain date.

Good luck but I caution you, if you have a choice to return then I'd return and rebuy a newer one.

I actually call them again about the build date the guy I talk too said it's the warehouse that makes a decision, what to ship, I tried my best
    11-19-17 05:48 PM
    My replacement KEYone's screen just separated. My original device was received early June, it separated in September. I've had my replacement since then and it just came off - again with no particular drop or traumatic event. This is frustrating - and I now I don't trust Blackberry to provide a replacement that won't be subject to the problem. I'm thinking about getting a Black KEYone from AT&T and selling the replacement device that BB will provide - eventually.

Has anyone experienced screen separation on the Black AT&T KEYone?
    11-19-17 07:49 PM
    My replacement KEYone's screen just separated. My original device was received early June, it separated in September. I've had my replacement since then and it just came off - again with no particular drop or traumatic event. This is frustrating - and I now I don't trust Blackberry to provide a replacement that won't be subject to the problem. I'm thinking about getting a Black KEYone from AT&T and selling the replacement device that BB will provide - eventually.

Has anyone experienced screen separation on the Black AT&T KEYone?
    That is terrible. Do you know the date the second unit was manufactured. Frankly, unless the Black is manufactured in a different plant, I don't see why it would have better screen adhesion than the silver but I guess it is possible they use different materials. In any event, good luck.
    11-19-17 08:16 PM
    Well add me to the list, I bought mine the week of release in the U.S. and after being scared a few months ago that my screen will separate months ago eventually I forgot about it. Today I placed my phone face down on the dinner table and when I picked it up rather quickly the body and screen separated and of course the weak ribbon cable tore and now I have a brick. What page is the contact info to get a replacement? The first post just takes you to Kevin's drop test which is pretty useless at this moment.
    KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20171119_204315.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171119_204315.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	431633
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20171119_204344.jpg  
    11-19-17 09:05 PM
    Well add me to the list, I bought mine the week of release in the U.S. and after being scared a few months ago that my screen will separate months ago eventually I forgot about it. Today I placed my phone face down on the dinner table and when I picked it up rather quickly the body and screen separated and of course the weak ribbon cable tore and now I have a brick. What page is the contact info to get a replacement? The first post just takes you to Kevin's drop test which is pretty useless at this moment.
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	431633Click image for larger version. 

ID:	431633
    Sorry to read about your screen. The thread is:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/
    11-19-17 10:13 PM
    Thanks, will call early tomorrow, good thing my father just got a new phone so I will be able to use his old phone otherwise I would be freaking out.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-17 10:19 PM
    OK, so my screen fell out a week back. I bought it on release day in the UK at Selfridges (was in the 'queue' before opening!! There were like three of us!!). The way it fell out: overnight I reached for my phone, checked the time and while placing it back on the night stand it fell from my hand about 5-10cm onto it's back. From the landing noise it sounded like something was loose but left it. In the morning the bottom part of the screen was detached., though still usable. I've pretty much babied this phone.

Called BB support and sent it off, and received one back today just under a week later. It arrived in simple packaging, with protector stickers. From where they were placed it would suggest a new phone (protector stickers on proximity sensor, flash, camera and usual places like screen). Also got a dual layer cover thrown in.

Looking at the phone it looks brand new, though there is what could be described as a slight blemish on it. Where the sim-tray hole is, the finish is not as smooth as it should be and can be seen and felt not to be perfect. I'm not too bothered about this as, I usually keep it in a case and even without the case it's not too bad. Otherwise, as said it seems like a brand new phone.

Checking build dates using *#2886# my original K1 was 20170419, so 19th April 2017. That's a pretty early one!
    The replacement device is 20171116, so 16th November 2017. Considering that the postal dispatch info said that it was posted out on the 17th November 2017, this would make the phone hot off the factory floor.....

Checking the outer packaging and paperwork the device has arrived to me from the UK so considering these are made in the East i'm not sure how the date of 16th Nov works out....

Either way, I'm pretty happy with the service so far. Have the phone charging and downloading my previous apps. It's a pain in the butt to have to sort out all my settings, shortcuts etc over again, but perhaps it won't be too bad.

I have my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues with this new device.
    FF22 and GusBandicoot like this.
    11-21-17 11:02 AM
    my screen recently lifted. called blackberry mobile and then took my credit card and sent me a refurb. my original was a June 28th purchase, don't know the build date.

so far so good on the new model but no new ketone, no free case. just a refurbished phone in some bubble wrap.
    11-21-17 07:55 PM
    Screen started lifting on my Keyone unlocked bought in Romania (BD: 25052017, PRD 63117-015)
    Yesterday morning I sent an email to BlackBerry Mobile support and also contacted the authorized service according to the warranty certificate I had. I decided to take the device myself to the service since it was relatively close by. Arrived to the service at 2 PM. By 3 PM they had already given me a new "service unit" phone.
    They also gave me a courtesy BlackBerry Dual Layer Shell "as they were instructed by the manufacturer".
    Also, warranty extended to 24 months from yesterday.

In the mean time, I also received an email from BlackBerry Mobile support saying that they will arrange for transportation of the device to the service and replacement of the faulty device.

All in all I was very happy by the level of support.

New phone is build 12082017 (same PRD as the old one).
    Hopefully it is one of the better built ones.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-17 04:53 AM
    Screen started lifting on my Keyone unlocked bought in Romania (BD: 25052017, PRD 63117-015)
    Yesterday morning I sent an email to BlackBerry Mobile support and also contacted the authorized service according to the warranty certificate I had. I decided to take the device myself to the service since it was relatively close by. Arrived to the service at 2 PM. By 3 PM they had already given me a new "service unit" phone.
    They also gave me a courtesy BlackBerry Dual Layer Shell "as they were instructed by the manufacturer".
    Also, warranty extended to 24 months from yesterday.

In the mean time, I also received an email from BlackBerry Mobile support saying that they will arrange for transportation of the device to the service and replacement of the faulty device.

All in all I was very happy by the level of support.

New phone is build 12082017 (same PRD as the old one).
    Hopefully it is one of the better built ones.
    I'm moving to Romania!! (g)

Sounds like you had a good experience. Nice.
    11-22-17 08:41 AM
    just got my keyone from sprint. it has a June 7th build date. Is there a way to check if it's affected by this besides trying to pry the screen off?
    11-22-17 08:50 AM
    just got my keyone from sprint. it has a June 7th build date. Is there a way to check if it's affected by this besides trying to pry the screen off?
    And actually trying to pry the screen off probably won't do it! They seem to release when they want to release. The reason I say this is because I used a strong suction cup (from my gps) to try lifting the screen off. I applied it in all four corners and tugged. I did this about a month apart after reading another POP story. It never moved the screen. I also got a Tumi case with mine. Left me tell you that I twisted and pushed and pulled to get the darn phone in that case and out again. I did that about 3 separate times. Screen stayed firmly attached.

Then one evening I'm looking at the screen and there's this line of light. The entire left edge was lifted slightly. Using a finger nail I lifted it more. I then carefully taped it so that the cable would not tear and called for warranty.

So you can try prying it. But be careful. Unless you have no data you are concerned with, you don't want that cable (thin/fragile) to tear.
    11-22-17 03:31 PM
    For those of you who got a replacement in the U.S. how long does it usually take? I called Monday, they took my credit card info and told they would mail me one as soon as they had stock but haven't heard anything from them in 2 days.
    11-22-17 07:19 PM
    For those of you who got a replacement in the U.S. how long does it usually take? I called Monday, they took my credit card info and told they would mail me one as soon as they had stock but haven't heard anything from them in 2 days.
    Because of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Church Sunday and Cyber Monday, BBMo will contact you on Tuesday, right after the CSR has maxed out your card shopping....
    11-22-17 07:46 PM
1,582 ... 4849505152 ...