Yes, also in the states here, California. I'm not encouraged at all by this response. In fact I contacted Amazon - through which it was purchased. They actually allowed me to return a Passport with a similar issue a while back. However, this time they said go back to Blackberry, at least for now..
    I hear ya cant really blame amazon though after so long , its BB that seems incoherent as to what customer service should be especially when the product is still under warranty.
    09-12-17 04:33 PM
    BBMo should offer free exchanges to anyone who has a first batch build date device. Ah, but that would be a recall. Won't happen.
    But they are sending May models out. All 3 of my replacements have been early June to early May.
    09-12-17 06:01 PM
    Hey FF22,

How recent was yours replaced, if I may ask? My screen detached last Wednesday, gave BB my credit card information for Advanced Replacement on Thursday. Everyday since I've received an email that the shipping information will be provided 'soon'. I just got off the phone with them and they said it could be days or weeks. I've been very patient with BB, but this is trying my patience. They should have had units ready for this issue. Thanks.
    Mine came this past Thurs, I believe. So I probably called them the Thurs or Friday the week before. I'm in the US and it was a CDMA model. Receipt did require a signature on this end. And seriously, I did not get any special treatment since they don't know me from Adam. I just explained that the screen popped off and when it was purchased from Amazon. They needed the imei number which also revealed it was the cdma version. I had recorded that number when I first got it. But my screen was still intact so I could have read it to them if necessary. I had applied scotch tape to keep it intact.
    09-12-17 06:19 PM
    I called last week BBMo and sent mine today to the center in France. I thought they send a new one first.

Hard to spell in English my name !
    09-13-17 10:19 AM
    Mine came this past Thurs, I believe. So I probably called them the Thurs or Friday the week before. I'm in the US and it was a CDMA model. Receipt did require a signature on this end. And seriously, I did not get any special treatment since they don't know me from Adam. I just explained that the screen popped off and when it was purchased from Amazon. They needed the imei number which also revealed it was the cdma version. I had recorded that number when I first got it. But my screen was still intact so I could have read it to them if necessary. I had applied scotch tape to keep it intact.
    Well.. it seems BB and TCL are definitely not in sync. I received my replacement device this morning! It was shipped via UPS 2-Day Air, presumably on Monday.

Why BB couldn't tell me , when I spoke with them on the phone yesterday (Tuesday), that the phone was in route is the mystery. LOL.. at least I have the replacement.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-17 02:44 PM
    Well.. it seems BB and TCL are definitely not in sync. I received my replacement device this morning! It was shipped via UPS 2-Day Air, presumably on Monday.

Why BB couldn't tell me , when I spoke with them on the phone yesterday (Tuesday), that the phone was in route is the mystery. LOL.. at least I have the replacement.
    Hope all goes well with this one. Communication does not seem to be their strong suit!
    09-13-17 03:58 PM
    I called last week BBMo and sent mine today to the center in France. I thought they send a new one first.

Hard to spell in English my name !
    They seem to do the "advanced return" more in the US. Not sure why! Good luck with the service.
    09-13-17 03:59 PM
    I bought my K1 on June 30th. The screen came off yesterday afternoon all of a sudden... I wasn't even using the phone. Called customer support, awaiting replacement device. Which number am I now? Lol.
    So I received my replacement K1 from BlackBerry Mobile yesterday. I checked the production date on this unit and it's still 6/29/17... anyone here had that issue? I mean shouldn't I expect screen falling out from this replacement unit as well??? Or did they go back to fix these? Thanks for the feedback.
    09-14-17 06:08 AM
    So I received my replacement K1 from BlackBerry Mobile yesterday. I checked the production date on this unit and it's still 6/29/17... anyone here had that issue? I mean shouldn't I expect screen falling out from this replacement unit as well??? Or did they go back to fix these? Thanks for the feedback.
    Lucky you mine showed up today and it's 6/28/17 with a few scuffs as well truly pathetic is all I can say and the one with the bad screen is flawless not a mark on it aside from the screen coming off. This one has scuffs on both sides. KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170914_1642098-2.jpgKEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170914_1642510-2.jpg
    09-14-17 03:58 PM
    So I received my replacement K1 from BlackBerry Mobile yesterday. I checked the production date on this unit and it's still 6/29/17...
    Wait a minute...that date is for your replacement K1 right?? Until now I thought mid to late June was safe, mine is 6/23/17.
    09-14-17 04:32 PM
    Wait a minute...that date is for your replacement K1 right?? Until now I thought mid to late June was safe, mine is 6/23/17.
    I am not sure. My original had a production date of June 19... so when did they actually address this issue?
    09-14-17 04:45 PM
    All my replacements are old units. I guess that's why they keep failing. My latest keyone from mid Aug is May
    09-14-17 07:23 PM
    All my replacements are old units. I guess that's why they keep failing. My latest keyone from mid Aug is Mayhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4a0dd09849.jpg
    wow thats absolutely ******** the one they sent me can quite possibly be in worse condition then the one i had just pitiful at this point.
    09-14-17 08:55 PM
    I am not sure. My original had a production date of June 19... so when did they actually address this issue?
    TCL officially released their statement around July 10th so people use that as a reference date to be on the safe side. Looks like I might tape mine up now as late June isn't safe apparently. I got double sided tape ready to go but need the cable to not tear should the screen detach
    09-15-17 12:36 AM
    Don't forget you're being sent refurbished KEYone devices, not new devices.
    09-15-17 02:42 AM
    That's fine and all but don't send something that's beat up and to be honest with something as wide spread as this they should be replaced with new ones only because what they sold was being sold with a manufacturer defects so in reality we never got reality new to begin with.
    09-15-17 05:55 AM
    That's fine and all but don't send something that's beat up and to be honest with something as wide spread as this they should be replaced with new ones only because what they sold was being sold with a manufacturer defects so in reality we never got reality new to begin with.
    My response is in general to those wondering why the devices they've been sent have an early production date.
    09-15-17 06:31 AM
    TCL officially released their statement around July 10th so people use that as a reference date to be on the safe side. Looks like I might tape mine up now as late June isn't safe apparently. I got double sided tape ready to go but need the cable to not tear should the screen detach
    But you want some slack so that you can see the screen lift. When mine happened, luckily, it was a very thin seam of light along the left edge. Then I was able to lift it about 1/4 inch and took a photo. Then I scotch taped it. But you want to be able to detect it. Or I guess you could remove the tape periodically to see if there's been lift.

While I had purchased the double sided tape, I opted for warranty return.
    09-15-17 08:24 AM
    I got a brand new device. Had all of the clear plastic protectors and it was a week old using the @# sequence. And I assure you that they did not know I was an Ambassador. I just called. But the US seems to get slightly different replacement service from what I read.
    09-15-17 08:26 AM
    I got a brand new device. Had all of the clear plastic protectors and it was a week old using the @# sequence. And I assure you that they did not know I was an Ambassador. I just called. But the US seems to get slightly different replacement service from what I read.
    Yeah, it's the UK/euro posters I was responding to in general. 😀

(PS: don't forget the telegram invite )
    09-15-17 08:36 AM
    But you want some slack so that you can see the screen lift. When mine happened, luckily, it was a very thin seam of light along the left edge. Then I was able to lift it about 1/4 inch and took a photo. Then I scotch taped it. But you want to be able to detect it. Or I guess you could remove the tape periodically to see if there's been lift.

While I had purchased the double sided tape, I opted for warranty return.
    Yes good points. However being in France with a qwerty K1 (as opposed to azerty) I don't know what to expect as far as warranty exchange goes. Hence why I bought the tape. Still not sure what I'll do.
    09-15-17 08:36 AM
    Yes good points. However being in France with a qwerty K1 (as opposed to azerty) I don't know what to expect as far as warranty exchange goes. Hence why I bought the tape. Still not sure what I'll do.
    I probably would have gone to a cell phone repair shop that I used for my Z30 battery replacement. Fine service and a reasonable cost. But I was unable to drive for two weeks so I opted for the warranty. While I had the tape, I was really afraid of tearing that paper-thin cable!!! The screen was still quite attached at the right side.

As I wrote elsewhere, I had given it a torture test or two or three wresting it in and out of the Tumi Case. I also used a suction cup. It showed no signs of failing. Then one evening as I was putting in the charging cable, there was this bright light along the left edge. No torture that day. Just opened up. So it is hard to tell but I think that the glue just fails when it finally fails.

Good luck.
    09-15-17 08:46 AM
    I probably would have gone to a cell phone repair shop that I used for my Z30 battery replacement. Fine service and a reasonable cost. But I was unable to drive for two weeks so I opted for the warranty. While I had the tape, I was really afraid of tearing that paper-thin cable!!! The screen was still quite attached at the right side.

As I wrote elsewhere, I had given it a torture test or two or three wresting it in and out of the Tumi Case. I also used a suction cup. It showed no signs of failing. Then one evening as I was putting in the charging cable, there was this bright light along the left edge. No torture that day. Just opened up. So it is hard to tell but I think that the glue just fails when it finally fails.

Good luck.
    Everyone says the ribbon is super fragile but then there's this guy on youtube that just waves the phone around while the screen is only hanging by said ribbon, and it didn't break (the display stays on) so I'm not sure just how flimsy that cable really is. I do wish they would have made it tougher though, thats for sure.

Skip to 20:10 mark. If it can withstand that, it can handle being carefully rested on the keyboard while you apply all the tape needed.

Or even better, JerryRigEverything recently uploaded a video of the teardown. Simple pop off the back cover, disconnect the ribbon cable. Then pull the whole display module (with intact cable) out the front and take your time putting tape everywhere and anywhere you want. Voila

At 3:30 is where the screen cable clips in
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 09:00 AM
    If it pops again, I may tackle the self-repair or hit the cell repair shop. It is also too bad that the cable does not detach at both ends so only the cable needs replacing.
    09-15-17 11:41 AM
    If it pops again, I may tackle the self-repair or hit the cell repair shop. It is also too bad that the cable does not detach at both ends so only the cable needs replacing.
    You mean it's too bad that the cable isn't stronger so that worst case it unplugs and falls off as one working piece lol.
    For what it's worth, they do sell the screen module online but that's for someone who cracks the screen cause no warranty on that (obviously).
    It would be awesome however if there was this screen module for sale in AMOLED, for even better battery life and possibility of always on display with a third party app
    FF22 likes this.
    09-15-17 11:52 AM
1,582 ... 4041424344 ...