My KeyOne screen is starting to come off
    Purchased from Selfridges UK (Shipped to Australia)

Contacted Blackberry Care and was initially told I will get sent a new one and will have to send mine back. Now today I called back after a few days of silence to be told because im in Australia nothing can be done.

I have been a long term blackberry customer in a country where they basically dont exist.
    Now I have to deal with this.

I think this is the final straw for me.
    07-27-17 06:59 AM
    Screen starting to lift... still in there, but just a matter of time before it gets fully loose. How's the replacement process for those that went through it? They send you a phone first and you just drop the old one into a prepaid package and that's it?

As far as proof, do you have to provide pics for the replacement process?

Thanks

PS. This is the may 30th purchase from amazon (initial batch)...
    07-27-17 07:38 AM
    If someone's screen detaches but the ribbon is still good and screen functional, wouldn't it be a good idea to just apply 2mm double sided tape all around the base and just push it back in? I heard it's a better choice than actual glue.
    07-27-17 08:31 AM

Contacted Blackberry Care and was initially told I will get sent a new one and will have to send mine back. Now today I called back after a few days of silence to be told because im in Australia nothing can be done.

I have been a long term blackberry customer in a country where they basically dont exist.

This is what stopping me from buying one. I think one of the member from Malaysia or Philippines got his phone replaced. But now with your case it's like BBMo just took the money and give the clients a middle finger.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 09:06 AM
    If someone's screen detaches but the ribbon is still good and screen functional, wouldn't it be a good idea to just apply 2mm double sided tape all around the base and just push it back in? I heard it's a better choice than actual glue.
    I think that's what I would do.
    07-27-17 11:30 AM
    Screen starting to lift... still in there, but just a matter of time before it gets fully loose. How's the replacement process for those that went through it? They send you a phone first and you just drop the old one into a prepaid package and that's it?

As far as proof, do you have to provide pics for the replacement process?

Thanks

PS. This is the may 30th purchase from amazon (initial batch)...
    Same boat here, screen is starting to lift on the bottom-right corner (about a month with the phone), so I called BB support. They told me they'd send a new phone and return packaging for the old phone.

Next step is that someone will call me to get my credit card info as collateral, in case I don't send the old one back, or if they determine "the problem is not covered by warranty". I'm a little worried about this latter condition .. my phone does have a little dent in it. The screen issue is not caused by the dent but I'm a bit reticent to just give them my card info and have them decide if they want to charge it or not. Anyway, I will give them my card info when they call, assuming (hoping) that they won't try to pull something funny on me.

I have not been asked for photos etc to initiate the warranty process (yet, at least). I will update here once the process is complete, hopefully without hassle or controversy.
    07-27-17 11:40 AM
    I am still trying to figure out where the tape would be applied?

Along the very narrow thing edge? Along the bottom side of the screen on the flat larger surface or in the cavity, again, either around the thin wall or on the bottom of the cavity?

In other words along the thin edge of the screen or on the frame matching that thin edge. Or on the larger flat surfaces? By the way, I captured this image from someone else's posting. Fortunately, I have not had the issue.

I've tried drawings....

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-inner-cavity.jpg

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-inner-frame.jpg

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-outside-perimeter.jpg

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-inside-permiter.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-inside-permiter.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-inner-frame.jpg  
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-27-17 12:48 PM
    Wow, was that 3 screen lifts reported here just today?
    Madness.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-27-17 03:13 PM
    Mine has also this morning just 'popped' bottom left. I've had it since 22nd May from Carphone Warehouse, so an early one.Tweeted @bbmobile and they DM'd saying go back to CPW. But I reckon some double sided 3M type tape would fix it!
    07-27-17 03:18 PM

Was that our bbmobile Mexico call centre you spoke to? Ask to speak to the supervisor and remind them that the screen off issue is a recognised issue and email them the examples from within this thread where uk purchased phone was fixed in germany, and uk purchased phone fixed in US.

Also, suggest you ask bbmobile directly on twitter.

Please post back how you go.
    07-27-17 03:35 PM
    Wow, was that 3 screen lifts reported here just today?
    Madness.
    It's goin dooowwwwnnnn lol this is quite the phenomenon right!? I need them to get it together lol
    07-27-17 04:13 PM
    It's goin dooowwwwnnnn lol this is quite the phenomenon right!? I need them to get it together lol
    Well, make that 4 today... Guess its still a small percentage, LOL!

Mine has also this morning just 'popped' bottom left. I've had it since 22nd May from Carphone Warehouse, so an early one.Tweeted @bbmobile and they DM'd saying go back to CPW. But I reckon some double sided 3M type tape would fix it!
    07-27-17 04:26 PM
    You can't tell some of these clowns nothing lol - I'm sittin' here hopping mines stays in tact ....I'd be pissed if my screen falls out!!
    07-27-17 04:32 PM
    Was that our bbmobile Mexico call centre you spoke to? Ask to speak to the supervisor and remind them that the screen off issue is a recognised issue and email them the examples from within this thread where uk purchased phone was fixed in germany, and uk purchased phone fixed in US.

Also, suggest you ask bbmobile directly on twitter.

Please post back how you go.
    Thanks for your advice. I have just posted on twitter and will see how that goes.
    Yes it was the Mexico call centre. (the Australian hotline number directs to that).
    I will give them a call back today at some stage to see if they can help me out.
    So frustrating.
    07-27-17 06:29 PM
    Unfortunately I have noticed today that my screen as well has started to lift up.
    It is the top right corner where I can fell when I push it that is not any more firmly attached as before and as on the other places of the screen.

I have purchased the phone early May from Expansys UK and the date on the package is 27/4/17.

What is really interesting is that I have dropped down the phone within this period about 20 times and the screen never had an issue because I was always checked it immediately after.

I have never exposed it either to any heat .

This make me believe that the glue used it's defected and is losing its performance by the time.
    07-27-17 07:19 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1115224

In addition to your 4 there is fanisk above and then spennygoose and Marius in that other thread lol

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-27-17 07:50 PM
    list updated..

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12949448

thanx @evodevo69 and @Tsepz_GP for helping out!

If I didn't miss anything, we are already at 126... =(

Loving my keyone though.. haha..that's why I haven't updated the list for quite some time, been busy with this phone!!
    07-27-17 09:47 PM
    I don't know if this is a factor but I've just recently got the official BlackBerry pouch, so could the retention of heat within the case caused the glue to weaken?
    07-28-17 02:16 AM
    I don't know if this is a factor but I've just recently got the official BlackBerry pouch, so could the retention of heat within the case caused the glue to weaken?
    End of the day your screen was going to lift anyway, there's no way a pouch could retain so much heat that it causes what is meant to be a strong adhesive to fail.

There are people who play endless High Fidelity Games, that are incredibly heavy on GPU and create high amounts of heat on their "touchscreen slabs" and even that doesn't cause a ridiculous issue like screens lifting 2-3months after purchase.
    07-28-17 02:40 AM
    True, I've never had a phone really heat up on the screen side, even though the back of my Passport would get hot on the top. Going to CPW to see what they do- I'm actually looking forward to firing up my Passport SE, lol.....
    07-28-17 02:49 AM
    I have never exposed it either to any heat .

This make me believe that the glue used it's defected and is losing its performance by the time.
    That is interesting.
    On my K1 (before the oven experiment) I've noticed some very little debris on the edges of the screen...
    Now I think that maybe they were pieces of this wrong glue dissolving...
    07-28-17 04:47 AM
    Update:

16/07/17, screen detached, took to Selfridges, then said they would send it off and I would get a new non-defective handset. I checked online to track the status and it indicates that a 'repair' is ongoing.

28/07/17 today and no change in status, still 'attempting repair'.

It says I can collect the device on 02/08/17 (almost sure that's BS).

Spoke to CPW today, they said it was sent to BB on 21/07/17 and it takes 14 days.

So 04/08/17 is the new collection date.
    Last edited by Vegano; 07-28-17 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Update
    07-28-17 09:40 AM
    I don't get the whole repair thing. People should be given new devices, or at least be given the option to have it repaired or given a new device. 14 days is ludicrous to get a working phone back.
    Barbareren and scott8629 like this.
    07-28-17 11:04 AM
    My screen popped out on 7/24/2017, but the screen no longer worked bc the ribbon tore. I was not able to figure out a way to back up the device because of this. I called Blackberry hotline the day the screen came off, and they sent a replacement that I received yesterday along with a free oem case. I have to return the defective device and go through the trouble of setting up my phone's shortcuts and other preferences from scratch, but I wasn't as annoyed after seeing the free case.
    FF22 and fanisk like this.
    07-28-17 11:10 AM
    Hi. Im Dr. Vishnu Sajayakumar. A huge blackberry fan. I brought my Keyone from UAE. Used for approx 2 months. I noticed the right bottom corner of the screen loose. I have contacted the dealer regarding this.
    Details

Regional UK qwerty
    PRD 63117-027
    Date 220517
    07-28-17 12:18 PM
1,582 ... 1819202122 ...