Hi folks,
    quick update on my situation.

- after receiving the "repaired" old phone on Saturday with damage to the keyboard (2 weeks) - despite being promised a new replacement (support@ even gave me a replacement number ffs) - called the UK Hotline on Sat > been told to call Mon where they said they don't know why or what next..

Asked for help on this from @blackberryhelp via Twitter last night and they said to contact @bbmobile - but they are ignoring me for about 10 days now..
    Today I called the Hotline again where Alex (lady) told me that she doesn't have any update on my case and that as soon as..her supervisor will contact me. Asked to speak with the manager and been told he's not there.
    I guess I need to address this legally as being a professional human is not enough anymore.
    07-18-17 12:44 PM
    Can you post a link to that press release please? It may come handy for some.

Posted via CB10
    Reposting this for reference (https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12954696)

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-screen-shot-2017-07-18-19.30.17.png
    07-18-17 01:32 PM
    BBMo probably never heard of the Service Recovery Paradox... Just learned this the other day in my job. They could have so much more won the customers despite the failures had they done the right thing and acted decently and did a recall and handle this 110%.

Waiting for K1 rev.1
    (bold part mine)
    Well... despite being immersed in a highly concentrated sea of woe here it doesn't seem to have affected your or other's ultimate purchasing behavior. Recalls are expensive. TCL may well consider the loss of goodwill and possible sales to be minimal in contrast.
    07-18-17 01:35 PM
    I just wanted to follow up on the issue I had. I received the following email today.
    --------------------
    Thank you for your recent contact with BlackBerry® Mobile Care.

We're just sending out a courtesy email to let you know that your case number has been marked as closed for now.

This isn't good bye forever, though! Your case will continue to remain in our records with all notes and email correspondence associated.
    --------------------

No solution, no fix. Thank you Blackberry.
    Wow. Seems as if they need to revisit what kind of canned response gets sent out.
    07-18-17 01:49 PM
    Sadness......my KeyOne screen has separated as well. I've dropped it a few times, seemed to ok after. Then yesterday morning when my alarm went off, I picked up my phone to turn it off the alarm and the right side of the screen lifted out. I've put scotch tape on the corners to hold the screen in place for now. Phone works fine still, no other issues.
    I purchased through Rogers in Calgary on a corporate plan on June 7th, so just over a month old. Today I called into Rogers tech support and they will SWAP my KeyOne for a new one, once available, as they guy said they were out of stock currently. $35 for shipping.
    So hopefully they will send one fairly soon.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170717_143936.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170718_122229.jpg  
    07-18-17 02:00 PM
    (bold part mine)
    Well... despite being immersed in a highly concentrated sea of woe here it doesn't seem to have affected your or other's ultimate purchasing behavior. Recalls are expensive. TCL may well consider the loss of goodwill and possible sales to be minimal in contrast.
    You are winding us up, right?
    07-18-17 02:01 PM
    Sadness......my KeyOne screen has separated as well. I've dropped it a few times, seemed to ok after. Then yesterday morning when my alarm went off, I picked up my phone to turn it off the alarm and the right side of the screen lifted out. I've put scotch tape on the corners to hold the screen in place for now. Phone works fine still, no other issues.
    I purchased through Rogers in Calgary on a corporate plan on June 7th, so just over a month old. Today I called into Rogers tech support and they will SWAP my KeyOne for a new one, once available, as they guy said they were out of stock currently. $35 for shipping.
    Sorry to hear this mate. All I can say is good job that you are not in the UK.
    herr_tan likes this.
    07-18-17 02:03 PM
    Sorry to hear that. All I can say is that it is a good job that you are not in the UK.
    07-18-17 02:05 PM
    UPDATE
    Finally received my phone from Protel after repair. They have replaced the full screen (it had a small scratch) and stuck a sticker on the box.

All seems OK for now but I am unsure if I am totally happy with a fixed phone rather than a new phone.
    07-18-17 02:09 PM
    Unbelievable that there has been NO response from the 'mods' or from CBK on this thread, despite requests for some reply from them..
    Are we therefore to assume that they are deliberately 'steering clear' ??
    Possibly instructed to 'keep out of the way' regarding this ??
    Strange that they have had NO input into this thread at all, despite the severity of the problem, and the lack of any apparent cohesive reply/action from BB/TCL apart from a number of apparently misleading press releases??
    Crackberry is now the 'official' BB mouthpiece, so are we therefore to assume that the refusal to comment on this is a missive from TCL/BB to 'leave well alone'??

Personally, after the Priv/Dteks fiasco, closely followed by this Keyone 'fail' BB is a no-no for me... and from the replies above, for quite a few others as well..
    anon(10218918) and rolfep like this.
    07-18-17 02:50 PM
    Unbelievable that there has been NO response from the 'mods' or from CBK on this thread, despite requests for some reply from them..
    Strange that they have had NO input into this thread at all, despite the severity of the problem, and the lack of any apparent cohesive reply/action from BB/TCL apart from a number of apparently misleading press releases??
    Crackberry is now the 'official' BB mouthpiece, so are we therefore to assume that the refusal to comment on this is a missive from TCL/BB to 'leave well alone'??

Personally, after the Priv/Dteks fiasco, closely followed by this Keyone 'fail' BB is a no-no for me... and from the replies above, for quite a few others as well..
    Hi, I've previously said more or less what you've said. I'll say it yet again as in other thread's, had Blackberry done the right thing and replaced affected phones like mine, which also has a ribbon tear, with a new upgraded KEYone, I'd be singing their praises on here.
    07-18-17 02:56 PM
    You are winding us up, right?
    Nope. I surely feel badly for the affected individuals, especially with the awful support stories, but am simply explaining my take of TCL's POV. Both sides are playing the odds and neither is actually wrong in practical terms. TCL will weather this tempest and users will get an improved future KeyONE.

And speaking of service - RIM/BBRY have never had stellar consumer service and anyway I am not sure how much influence/input they have with TCL in this regard. It is also true that once you are working in the lower tiers of a market segment, service suffers. Am not saying this is right, mind you.
    07-18-17 02:56 PM
    Hi folks,
    quick update on my situation.

- after receiving the "repaired" old phone on Saturday with damage to the keyboard (2 weeks) - despite being promised a new replacement (support@ even gave me a replacement number ffs) - called the UK Hotline on Sat > been told to call Mon where they said they don't know why or what next..

Asked for help on this from @blackberryhelp via Twitter last night and they said to contact @bbmobile - but they are ignoring me for about 10 days now..
    Today I called the Hotline again where Alex (lady) told me that she doesn't have any update on my case and that as soon as..her supervisor will contact me. Asked to speak with the manager and been told he's not there.
    I guess I need to address this legally as being a professional human is not enough anymore.
    I'm so sorry for you. This is a disgrace.
    07-18-17 02:58 PM
    Nope. I surely feel badly for the affected individuals, especially with the awful support stories, but am simply explaining my take of TCL's POV. Both sides are playing the odds and neither is actually wrong in practical terms. TCL will weather this tempest and users will get an improved future KeyONE.

And speaking of service - RIM/BBRY have never had stellar consumer service and anyway I am not sure how much influence/input they have with TCL in this regard. It is also true that once you are working in the lower tiers of a market segment, service suffers. Am not saying this is right, mind you.
    Cheers. But improved future KEYone? If I don't receive a new upgraded KEYone, I won't care about future KEYone's. I won't be buying Blackberry again.
    herr_tan likes this.
    07-18-17 03:03 PM

You have seen CBK's post that his phone screen fell off, haven't you?

Anyway, you forget the delicate situation this is for them, given they are the support arm of BBRY. Much better to shut up than say anything publicly that will potentially commit them in any way legally. Off the cuff remarks can be very risky and stupid.
    07-18-17 03:05 PM

You hope...possibly by that time, there will be no customers left to buy them...treating buyers as basic 'money fodder' and providing them with 'shoddy goods' then denying them a decent repair/replacement whilst repeatedly 'bending' the terms of 'warranty' and hiding behind poor quality '3rd party customer service' companies....
    £500 for a phone that is meant to be 'flagship' yet turns out to be more like the 'titanic' and basically, TCL/BB don't care, yet will expect us to 'stump up' for their next offering??

No way, Jose....
    anon(10218918), Bsbudd and rolfep like this.
    07-18-17 03:11 PM

Anyway, you forget the delicate situation this is for them, given they are the support arm of BBRY. Much better to shut up than say anything publicly that will potentially commit them in any way legally. Off the cuff remarks can be very risky and stupid.
    That's not 'cbk', that's another member called 'cbkevin'. Two different people ....
    TGR1 likes this.
    07-18-17 03:15 PM

So, they are being gagged..

BB/TCL want this forum to be the 'official' forum, yet 'gag' the people who are supposed to run it??
    Why bother with Crackberry at all??
    Set up a truly 'independent forum' for people to get real help rather than be a mouthpiece for the publicity, and not address the faults??
    BB/TCL don't seem to want to take on board what the posters/members here are saying, they only want to 'push' their wares....pointless having a 'forum' if there is no 'real' input from BB/TCL/staff
    rolfep likes this.
    07-18-17 03:16 PM

You didn't listen to the podcast did you - they said BlackBerry Mobile released their statement and we should all move on from this, not to let this cloud an otherwise pretty good phone.

I don't think you'll be hearing anymore word about it officially.

As for the differing warranty treatments in various parts of the world, what else can they do - that's on TCL.

I know that's not right, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734 and Uzi like this.
    07-18-17 03:17 PM
    That's not 'cbk', that's another member called 'cbkevin'. Two different people ....
    Ah, you said it before I could!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-18-17 03:23 PM
    i think, we are looking at the ultimative end of BlackBerry. BlackBerry will not See the end of the year if CrackBerry and John Chen don't turn the direktion. But there is no hope.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    07-18-17 03:29 PM
    I think the repair is a new screen. Why else would they replace mine?
    07-18-17 03:35 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Why the Lol? Innuendo perhaps?
    07-18-17 03:57 PM
    You didn't listen to the podcast did you - they said BlackBerry Mobile released their statement and we should all move on from this, not to let this cloud an otherwise pretty good phone.

I don't think you'll be hearing anymore word about it officially.

As for the differing warranty treatments in various parts of the world, what else can they do - that's on TCL.

I know that's not right, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but why the eff should anyone that is receiving sub-standard treatment move on?

I also don't need to be told that the KEYone is a pretty good phone, I know it is because I own one. I also own one that has suffered the screen fall out (no pun intended).

£500 for 2 months of use isn't acceptable value for money, coupled with a warranty that appears to be worthless, depending which side of the pond you happen to be that is.
    07-18-17 04:04 PM
    Success is not only a question of technology. It also has to do with character. Why should BlackBerry behave better in the car industry?
    07-18-17 04:14 PM
1,582 ... 1011121314 ...