Could you take a photo of that please, and post here 😀
    Not my photo. I threw mine out on day 1.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12950357
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-10-17 05:07 PM
    Not my photo. I threw mine out on day 1.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12950357
    Thanks, uk version 😀
    07-10-17 05:19 PM
    btw, when shopping for keyone how do we know which unit is free from this screen issue? any build number etc etc on the box?
    07-10-17 07:18 PM
    btw, when shopping for keyone how do we know which unit is free from this screen issue? any build number etc etc on the box?
    That's the big question, lol. How does one know?

So far my strategy has been to wait off a month or so after someone else's purchase to see if the screen falls off, lol.
    07-10-17 07:23 PM
    I think wait till end of summer, and if there's a date on the box (packaging date) says in August, should be good right? Otherwise, there are no indication unless BBM issues a statement of newer batch with identifier.
    07-10-17 08:08 PM
    If they acknowledge it is an issue and they have a plan to fix it then they should recall the units in stores instead of letting consumers do the dirty job of sorting it out for them.
    07-10-17 08:13 PM
    If they acknowledge it is an issue and they have a plan to fix it then they should recall the units in stores instead of letting consumers do the dirty job of sorting it out for them.
    They already did this, already mentioned it multiple times, and are refilling store stock with new handsets. This is already happening. Please read the forums.
    07-10-17 11:05 PM
    I think a repair is better at this moment because at least that way you know you have a phone with a screen properly glued on rather than getting a new phone that you don't know when it was manufactured. The problem is that they seem to be taking for ever. It shouldn't be that difficult, if the ribbon cable is still intact and phone is still working, fix it and send it back to the owner same day. If the ribbon cable broke and it's no longer working then send a brand new phone.
    07-11-17 12:02 AM
    Seems like pretty crappy costumer service in many of the cases here. If this happens to mine, I think I'll just fix it myself, or make an insurance claim (but that might take forever too). I don't want to wait for weeks AND have my phone wiped just for someone to put more glue/adhesive behind the screen. I can do that myself, and I even have a (water damaged) spare to practice on if I need to.

Btw., do you guys have to pay for the shipping yourself or is that covered by BBm/TCL?
    07-11-17 12:26 AM
    Seems like pretty crappy costumer service in many of the cases here. If this happens to mine, I think I'll just fix it myself, or make an insurance claim (but that might take forever too). I don't want to wait for weeks AND have my phone wiped just for someone to put more glue/adhesive behind the screen. I can do that myself, and I even have a (water damaged) spare to practice on if I need to.

Btw., do you guys have to pay for the shipping yourself or is that covered by BBm/TCL?
    After all the experience so far, I regret sending it so my advice is the same - if you have this issue, just repair it yourself.

Shipping is covered by them - freepost ticket and took 2 days to reach the repair center.
    07-11-17 01:35 AM
    So my box doesn't have a date on it, and neither does the sticker that was on the back of the phone.

I've seen the other photos that have the date, while mine says "Fabriqué en Chine".
    Last edited by psychofox13; 07-12-17 at 10:39 AM.
    07-11-17 10:04 AM
    Called the repair center where my phone is again today. Still couldn't get a straight answer. For me, this process started on June 19th..... It is now July 11th. Unreal.
    07-11-17 06:10 PM
    Screen lifted today. Bought a GSM for Tmobile May 31 from Bestbuy. Never dropped. Noticed right corner was raised and it came off with virtually no pressure. I don't see any adhesive at all. Blackberry is mailing out a new "fixed" unit. I am to send mine back in the box provided. It's good that they send it out first. Hopefully it really is one with adhesive.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-11-17 07:46 PM
    Screen lifted today. Bought a GSM for Tmobile May 31 from Bestbuy. Never dropped. Noticed right corner was raised and it came off with virtually no pressure. I don't see any adhesive at all. ......
    That whitish stuff on the edge of the screen was the adhesive. Very thin and at this point in time, no longer sticky.
    07-11-17 10:15 PM
    After the "flawless" customer service experienced so far, its been 10 days since my screen lifted and no ETA from the repair center.
    @BlackBerry Mobile is ignoring me in regards to the replacement.

I've decided: when I get it back 'repaired'..I'm taking it to CPW and ask for a refund or a replacement with one from the new batch. Bought it with my credit card.

I don't believe that the screen thing is the only issue of the 1st batch and surely I don't trust the repair center.

Peace
    Uzi likes this.
    07-12-17 02:54 AM
    After the "flawless" customer service experienced so far, its been 10 days since my screen lifted and no ETA from the repair center.

I've decided: when I get it back 'repaired'..I'm taking it to CPW and ask for a refund or a replacement with one from the new batch. Bought it with my credit card.

I don't believe that the screen thing is the only issue of the 1st batch and surely I don't trust the repair center.

Peace
    I agree with you. My keyone ran very slow and clunky.
    07-12-17 05:20 AM
    After contemplating wether or not to send my unit in for an exchange, I decided to fix my lower left corner screen lift with Loctite 404. The area I applied it to was mid left screen to lower left corner. (If/When using it, a little goes a long way and use some type of applicator, do not apply it straight from the bottle.)

Prior to this I also ordered the 3M tape from Amazon. I decided to put this on the backburner since I felt the rest of the phone was in tact.

Best decision I could have made in this situation after reading other posts.
    Last edited by Backprop; 07-12-17 at 12:32 PM.
    hjc73734 and herr_tan like this.
    07-12-17 09:43 AM
    Update:-
    Protel received my KEYone yesterday and they are waiting for the parts - So it look like a repair/juryrig and not a new device. The bonus point is they say I will have the unit back to me on Friday of this week 3 day turn around!

I will report back when I receive and how things are. This repair is in Germany.
    07-12-17 10:41 AM

Peace
    "Flawless..". Liking the sarcasm.

The repair center has a terrible reputation, 1.8 stars from 72 reviews says a lot. Your experience so far seems to back that up, sorry to hear it.

I've spoken again today to Alex at Blackberry Care. Yes it's a UK free number, but they're not based in the UK, I asked.

I also said again, that I'm not happy with the service etc. Alex said she'll pass on my feedback. Nice.

Based on all of this so far, no replacement phone offered etc. I noted what you'd said about returning your phone to CPW and a credit card refund or similar. I liked the sound of that so much that I've since contacted my card company and I won't be sending my KEYone for repair. My card company will raise this with CPW. I'll wait now and let the dust settle before deciding if I'll take a chance on a 'revamped' KEYone again, or an alternative brand (which won't include Apple, Sony or Samsung).

I'm no longer prepared to be treated in this manner by Blackberry at this time and as a result Blackberry might not get my custom again.

Shame because I really do rate the KEYone, but not bad treatment.
    Last edited by rx8er; 07-12-17 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo
    07-12-17 02:49 PM
    "Flawless..". Liking the sarcasm.

The repair center has a terrible reputation, 1.8 stars from 72 reviews says a lot. Your experience so far seems to back that up, sorry to hear it.

I've spoken again today to Alex at Blackberry Care. Yes it's a UK free number, but they're not based in the UK, I asked.

I also said again, that I'm not happy with the service etc. Alex said she'll pass on my feedback. Nice.

Based on all of this so far, no replacement phone offered etc. I noted what you'd said about returning your phone to CPW and a credit card refund or similar. I liked the sound of that so much that I've since contacted my card company and I won't be sending my KEYone for repair. My card company will raise this with CPW. I'll wait now and let the dust settle before deciding if I'll take a chance on a 'revamped' KEYone again, or an alternative brand (which won't include Apple, Sony or Samsung).

I'm no longer prepared to be treated in this manner by Blackberry at this time and as a result Blackberry might not get my custom again.

Shame because I really do rate the KEYone, but not bad treatment.
    Good move. Please do update how that will go.

My today's update is as follows:

- also talked to the girl Alex as she promised on Monday that someone will call me on Tue to clarify why I didn't got a replacement as promised and no one called (go figure);
    - she realised its bad for her to speak to me (smart girl) and she passed me to her manager (another Alex);
    - he was aware of my "case" and I told him the only way this is fixed is for him to get me a replacement from the new batch as I don't trust SBE's professionalism plus I don't fancy getting a refurbished device for £500 - either a new revised one or my money back - they said that money back is a no go as I need to deal with CPW (your situation there);
    - said he will escalade this to his superior and ask for a replacement and that I will be called tomorrow;
    - will follow up in the evening if I don't hear from them.

...to be continued
    07-12-17 04:00 PM
    Good move. Please do update how that will go.

My today's update is as follows:

- also talked to the girl Alex as she promised on Monday that someone will call me on Tue to clarify why I didn't got a replacement as promised and no one called (go figure);
    - she realised its bad for her to speak to me (smart girl) and she passed me to her manager (another Alex);
    - he was aware of my "case" and I told him the only way this is fixed is for him to get me a replacement from the new batch as I don't trust SBE's professionalism plus I don't fancy getting a refurbished device for £500 - either a new revised one or my money back - they said that money back is a no go as I need to deal with CPW (your situation there);
    - said he will escalade this to his superior and ask for a replacement and that I will be called tomorrow;
    - will follow up in the evening if I don't hear from them.

...to be continued
    Thanks for the update.

I'm feeling for you and I didn't want to find myself where you are, hence why I contacted my credit card company (thanks for mentioning that btw).

I'm prepared to wait and see what TCL say (I'm emailing them next and CPW). If they guarantee me a new, updated KEYone, fine. If not.... maybe Google Pixel as my granddaughters has been no problem at all.

TBC..... :-)
    Last edited by rx8er; 07-12-17 at 04:17 PM.
    07-12-17 04:06 PM
    Not sure if this youtuber has already posted on CB or not but here he is!

Add another one. It's around 16min mark where the screen is demo'd as being off.
    07-13-17 02:30 PM
    After talking to the manager of the Support Team on Weds, got this yesterday.
    Good news I guess?
    The only concern is: "repair center..to send you a replacement.."
    Idea was to avoid further contacts with SBE and now they have replacements?
    I can only hope that I won't get back the same unit as a "replacement"

Updates to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-4814.jpg  
    07-14-17 01:12 AM
    After talking to the manager of the Support Team on Weds, got this yesterday.
    Good news I guess?
    The only concern is: "repair center..to send you a replacement.."
    Idea was to avoid further contacts with SBE and now they have replacements?
    I can only hope that I won't get back the same unit as a "replacement"

Updates to follow.
    Lucky you, I've been stuck in limbo without a phone for almost a full month now. Facepalm...
    07-14-17 01:35 AM
    Lucky you, I've been stuck in limbo without a phone for almost a full month now. Facepalm...
    I'm not out of the woods yet.
    Don't want to jinx it but until I see the replacement in my hand, I have no peace. The way things went so far - dissapointment still floats around.
    You need to keep calling them and complain!
    07-14-17 01:42 AM
1,582 ... 45678 ...