Yes exactly this "The KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen calamity" . They can put up the durability test showing how great the phone (which I agree it is) but they won't put up a paragraph about this known problem including support numbers. I'm not as active in the forums so I tweeted Blackberry Mobile last night in order to get all the info.
    07-09-17 06:15 PM
    Yes exactly this "The KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen calamity" . They can put up the durability test showing how great the phone (which I agree it is) but they won't put up a paragraph about this known problem including support numbers. I'm not as active in the forums so I tweeted Blackberry Mobile last night in order to get all the info.
    I'm thinking cb will probably post bbmobile's post, (upthread), on the front news page. But that's a guess ...
    07-09-17 06:23 PM
    Hey Rico,

Thanks for getting back to me & letting the group know. Yes, it's a real bummer, totally unexpected & no warning, screen just fell out! Will keep you posted my friend.
    Hey my friend I heard about you trying to get BBM on your Bold temporarily. I think you need BIS for that. Keep in touch as best you can. Here's hoping TCL gets you a second batch device.
    07-09-17 06:42 PM
    Hey my friend I heard about you trying to get BBM on your Bold temporarily. I think you need BIS for that. Keep in touch as best you can. Here's hoping TCL gets you a second batch device.
    Hi mate,

Thanks for that, I've got BBM on my Bold but it just isn't connecting. What is BIS? Should I try uninstalling BBM?

I hope they send us all with affected KEYone's new updayed models.

Cheers :-)
    07-10-17 01:14 AM
    As we’ve all seen by now in Kevin’s real world durability test, the BlackBerry KEYone has been purpose built to offer a distinctly different, highly durable smartphone experience that can live up to normal everyday use.

In a further effort to ensure all our BlackBerry Mobile customers and fans have an outstanding experience, we’re implementing additional measures that add even greater strength and adhesive to the BlackBerry KEYone display. These new measures are already being implemented on new KEYone’s and are beginning to hit our retailer and carrier inventories – and will continue to come in stock throughout the summer. If you’ve already purchased the BlackBerry KEYone, you’re fully covered by our manufacturer’s warranty, so if any issue arises, please contact us and we can help you with a warranty replacement if needed.
    Thank you BlackBerry Mobile for addressing this issue. You just made my day.

So I assume production date starting from your post had this issue resolved already?

Could anyone take a pic of where the production date is written on the box? I can't look for it on my own as I won't be the one buying it, I'm asking my friend who currently in USA to help me get it and took it back to Indonesia. It'll be helpful if I give the pic to make it easier for him. Thanks in advance
    07-10-17 01:14 AM
    Hmm..it's a slow day today.. no reported screen lifts issue for today lol.. that was quick.. kidding..

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-10-17 04:35 AM
    Just recieved this :/
    after 8 days from reporting the issue.
    @BlackBerry Mobile - really?
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-4748.jpg  
    07-10-17 04:38 AM
    Just recieved this :/
    after 8 days from reporting the issue.
    @BlackBerry Mobile - really?
    That really sucks. They should just send you a new one.
    07-10-17 04:44 AM
    what's SBE Ltd UK to BB Mobile? Is it their authorised distributor or service centre?
    07-10-17 04:45 AM
    @herr_tan crop the bottom of your pic
    07-10-17 04:56 AM
    I owned my K1 for 3 weeks when the screen came away. Purchased from Vodafone, they agreed to an immediate replacement, to be sent out next working day. Great news. HOWEVER, beware. If you are going to use Content Transfer to restore all your stuff from the old K1 to the new K1 you need both devices together and most delivery companies (DPD in this case) insist that they take the old device with them. There is no desktop backup for the K1 as most of you already know, and the Google Drive backup is only docs and pics. In effect, this means that if you spent three weeks, as I did, setting up your K1 and have to return it, you are faced with an almost from scratch re-setup process. Agonising!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-10-17 05:11 AM
    Although this statement sounds great, it is quiet pointless without mentioning manufacturing date or batch numbers of the "improved" phones.
    The problem might not manifest in 100% of the phones I wouldn't like to buy a new one only to send for RMA a week later.
    Could you share a date or batch numbers of the fixed phones?
    WT44 likes this.
    07-10-17 05:28 AM
    If you can tell me where to find a batch number or production date i'm happy to share this for both the old and new devices.
    07-10-17 05:58 AM
    Hi mate,

Thanks for that, I've got BBM on my Bold but it just isn't connecting. What is BIS? Should I try uninstalling BBM?

I hope they send us all with affected KEYone's new updayed models.

Cheers :-)
    Ian you need to register your bold with your carrier.
    07-10-17 07:39 AM
    Thank you BlackBerry Mobile for addressing this issue. You just made my day.

So I assume production date starting from your post had this issue resolved already?

Could anyone take a pic of where the production date is written on the box? I can't look for it on my own as I won't be the one buying it, I'm asking my friend who currently in USA to help me get it and took it back to Indonesia. It'll be helpful if I give the pic to make it easier for him. Thanks in advance
    As far as can be determined, there is NO production date on the box or phone. In the past, at least, the date on the box was the date the unit was placed in the box, NOT production date. There are some reports that the protective sticker might have a date. I'm not sure if anyone knows if this is a production date either.
    07-10-17 08:33 AM
    yes it is. So far, so good. Cosmetically and functionally flawless.
    07-10-17 09:01 AM
    I fell victim to the broken screen on Saturday. Emailed BB, called them on Saturday night. Return/Exchange is in the works. I'm hoping for a label to be generated today so I can get off the DTEK50 and back on track with the KeyOne.

I purchased on launch day from Amazon. Right outside of the return/exchange window for them.

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170708_2129312.jpgKEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img_20170708_2129426.jpg
    07-10-17 09:47 AM
    @herr_tan crop the bottom of your pic
    its fine, lol.
    was too angry to do it when posted.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-10-17 11:33 AM
    what's SBE Ltd UK to BB Mobile? Is it their authorised distributor or service centre?
    Authorised Service Centre
    07-10-17 11:34 AM
    Ian you need to register your bold with your carrier.
    Nice one and thanks. I'll call BT mobile and see what they say, not expecting much luck but I'll give it a go. :-)
    07-10-17 12:21 PM
    This isn't looking too promising to me. I received no pre-printed label via email today (Monday) so I rang Blackberry Care again for clarification. I was told that no label will be sent but to go to my Post Office with the repair companies address as shown in the email that I received on Saturday, and that the post office will provide me with the FreePost label. This seems a really strange way of doing things to me. I'm wondering if anyone else here in the UK that has sent their KEYone to SBEUK, Ashford, Kent has had to do this, or if a pre-printed label was received?

I also asked if my KEYone will be replaced with a new updated model as per what Blackberry seem to be suggesting and I was told NO. Repair only!

I also asked if Blackberry are aware of the poor (being kind) reputation of customer service that SBEUK happen to have (check out google, Yell.com 1.8 stars out of 72 reviews) and was told Blackberry have not encountered that.

Blackberry are monitoring this thread I believe, so may I ask Blackberry this simple question.

Why don't you do the right thing and replace all affected KEYone's with a new updated model to the owner?
    Last edited by rx8er; 07-10-17 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo
    07-10-17 12:41 PM
    Just called the UK's BBM Hotline to ask why SBE emailed me today (1 week from reporting) that they are waiting for parts to repair my phone when it was working - needed just glue - the ran out of glue? but I was told by BBM that I will get a replacement in 3 days?

Alex (lady), the BlackBerry representative told me:

"the procedure has changed since you reported the issue and we are not replacing them anymore, but if you've been told that you will get a replacement - I will put a note to your case and someone will call you tomorrow to clarify this".

I told her I am very dissapointed and angry with the way this is going and she said she's sorry that I feel this way. Jokers. TF?

YES @BlackBerry Mobile - why don't you do the right thing!?!

Tomorrow will call 'you' again..
    07-10-17 01:02 PM
    As far as can be determined, there is NO production date on the box or phone. In the past, at least, the date on the box was the date the unit was placed in the box, NOT production date. There are some reports that the protective sticker might have a date. I'm not sure if anyone knows if this is a production date either.
    Oh I see then, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll have to mail BlackBerry Mobile to ask which retail already have the new KEYone then and have my friend head over there.
    07-10-17 01:06 PM
    Sounds like BBMobile is relying on the weasel-wording of the CrackBerry post: "a warranty replacement IF NEEDED." (caps added).

So much for doing the right thing.

Actually, a repair might not be an unfair solution if it didn't involve an interminable wait. I wonder what BBM's warranty stance would be for DIY repairs, especially if they use legit 2mm double-sided tape. I sure wouldn't trust them to do the right thing then, either.
    rx8er and FF22 like this.
    07-10-17 02:05 PM
    Just called the UK's BBM Hotline to ask why SBE emailed me today (1 week from reporting) that they are waiting for parts to repair my phone when it was working - needed just glue - the ran out of glue? but I was told by BBM that I will get a replacement in 3 days?

Alex (lady), the BlackBerry representative told me:

"the procedure has changed since you reported the issue and we are not replacing them anymore, but if you've been told that you will get a replacement - I will put a note to your case and someone will call you tomorrow to clarify this".

I told her I am very dissapointed and angry with the way this is going and she said she's sorry that I feel this way. Jokers. TF?

YES @BlackBerry Mobile - why don't you do the right thing!?!

Tomorrow will call 'you' again..
    What a coincidence. The lady that I spoke to earlier this evening was called Alex. She came across to me as somewhat dismissive when I mentioned a new replacement phone, which Blackberry seemed to indicate in their latest announcement.

Not only did my screen fall out but it also died, even though the phone powers up, no life in the screen.

So much for Blackberry Mobile doing the right thing for loyal customers and replacing affected phones.
    herr_tan likes this.
    07-10-17 04:27 PM
1,582 ... 34567 ...