Even though it took longer, I have to say I am happy with BlackBerry's response.
    They're sending a new (!) device from the UK (!) for the one I bought from a vendor in Indonesia, Jakarta on a market platform (!)

They just sent me an email today, confirming this and I have to send my old one to Hong Kong then.

I am going to update everyone on the process.

Takeo

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-screen-shot-2017-07-08-00.40.32.png
    07-07-17 12:43 PM
    Lucky you. Please write here when you get it - how long it takes, etc.

I'm in the UK and the way they responded and dealing with mine so far is very slow and poor
    07-07-17 03:21 PM
    I've had my KEYone since the 29th of April. Bought from CPW in the Selfridges store, London.

Not had a single problem until about 8.30pm tonight, 7th of July. While on a call the screen fell out onto my cheek. I placed the screen back in place and continued the call - which I didn't expect.

However, since the call ended the KEYone has failed to start up, I've tried the power button several times, get the vibration but nothing else. If I press the space bar, the keyboard lights up briefly, the finger print sensor is not responding. There is a loud 'clock' like ticking sound that eventually stops after a couple of minutes. That's it.

I've removed the SD card and sim card (which is now back in my 4 year old Bold 9900).

The manufacturers date on the box is 190417. Not related, but the June update was installed.

Unable to access BBM as it's not working on my 9900.

I'll be taking it to my local CPW store tomorrow to see what they suggest/offer.

I'm more annoyed that the phone has stopped working even though the screen is back in place.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00962.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00963.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00964.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00965.jpg   KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00966.jpg  

KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-img-20170429-00967.jpg  
    07-07-17 04:35 PM
    My screen fell out, sent it in to be "replaced" but I'm now going on week 3 without my phone. It's all lip service with these guys. Hell I even asked them to send the broken phone back so I could tape it back together but they can't do that either. The whole thing is a joke.
    David Macdonald likes this.
    07-07-17 05:03 PM
    I can certainly understand your point and this appears to be the approach that TCL may be taking. However, I won't take a chance moving from my Priv to a KEYone until I can feel comfortable the screen issue has been addressed. Either an announcement from TCL or here on CB from people that have purchased a later production run of the KEYone and aren't experiencing the screen lift issue.

Yes there is a warranty exchange if I experienced the screen lift but it's a PITA and I don't personally feel like taking the risk at this time.

My Priv is performing fantastically so it's not like I need a new device... so I will wait 3-6 months and see how things go with the later production runs.

Bob
    Yep, that's what I'm doing too.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-17 05:46 PM
    I've had my KEYone since the 29th of April. Bought from CPW in the Selfridges store, London.

Not had a single problem until about 8.30pm tonight, 7th of July. While on a call the screen fell out onto my cheek. I placed the screen back in place and continued the call - which I didn't expect.

However, since the call ended the KEYone has failed to start up, I've tried the power button several times, get the vibration but nothing else. If I press the space bar, the keyboard lights up briefly, the finger print sensor is not responding. There is a loud 'clock' like ticking sound that eventually stops after a couple of minutes. That's it.

I've removed the SD card and sim card (which is now back in my 4 year old Bold 9900).

The manufacturers date on the box is 190417. Not related, but the June update was installed.

I'll be taking it to my local CPW store tomorrow to see what they suggest/offer.

I'm more annoyed that the phone has stopped working even though the screen is back in place.
    Ohh man.. sorry to hear bout this.. i'll put you up in the list

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 07:25 PM
    07-08-17 01:15 AM

The loud "clock" like clicking is the extra security when its turned on - asking for your passcode/pin to start-up. What you setted up / when activated the finger print/security section.

Try to type that when it clicks - maybe it starts.
    Let us know what CPW will say/do.
    Good luck.
    07-08-17 01:47 AM
    ****, man.. sorry to hear. I've had my K1 for only 10 days with no problems, but I'm worried how users are having the screen still pop out even if they don't do any damage to it. Also, how your phone just stopped working.

This is why BlackBerry will never get back into the mix. The key one was the key and with a horrendous launch, stock outs, inaccessibility, lack of communication from TCL, and now this screen issue, they blew their chances. It's sad because I want BlackBerry to win, but the powers that be seem to differ.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 01:55 AM
    The loud "clock" like clicking is the extra security when its turned on - asking for your passcode/pin to start-up. What you setted up / when activated the finger print/security section.

Try to type that when it clicks - maybe it starts.
    Let us know what CPW will say/do.
    Good luck.
    Hi and thanks for that info. I was hopeful but after several attempts to insert my PIN using the PKB, no luck. If the process requires to be 'on screen' then basically this won't work for me as the screen stays totally blank.
    07-08-17 03:38 AM
    Even though it took longer, I have to say I am happy with BlackBerry's response.
    They're sending a new (!) device from the UK (!) for the one I bought from a vendor in Indonesia, Jakarta on a market platform (!)

They just sent me an email today, confirming this and I have to send my old one to Hong Kong then.

I am going to update everyone on the process.

Takeo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 00.40.32.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	426657
    Do you have the information to get ahold of BlackBerry? If so can you post it please.
    P.S sorry about your phone..
    07-08-17 04:33 AM
    Do you have the information to get ahold of BlackBerry? If so can you post it please.
    P.S sorry about your phone..
    Here you go, it's a sticky in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ forum :
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492
    07-08-17 04:38 AM
    Update at 12.41, 8 July.

Took my phone to local CPW store, sales person agreed no sign of any glue having been used & that the ribon to the screen may have a tiny tare, hence nothing on the screen. I'm amazed the screen had stayed on for over 2 months. CPW advice was to contact TCL direct &/or Blackberry Care. He did say that if I returned it via CPW it could take upto 28 days. Having just seen the sticky here ref contacting Blackberrry Care, I called the UK number and was dealt with very efficiently by Robert. Basically he has raised a case and I'll receive a returns postage lable in 2 business days. Bag/box the phone & charger then post it, email them when posted. He said repairs are usually carried out within 5 days of receiving the product. A full factory reset will be carried out. The UK repair centre is SBEUKLTD, based in Ashford, Kent.

The UK care number is as per the sticky - 08000260729 open Monday to Saturday.
    Last edited by rx8er; 07-08-17 at 06:42 AM. Reason: error
    07-08-17 06:41 AM
    Update at 12.41, 8 July.

Took my phone to local CPW store, sales person agreed no sign of any glue having been used & that the ribon to the screen may have a tiny tare, hence nothing on the screen. I'm amazed the screen had stayed on for over 2 months. CPW advice was to contact TCL direct &/or Blackberry Care. He did say that if I returned it via CPW it could take upto 28 days. Having just seen the sticky here ref contacting Blackberrry Care, I called the UK number and was dealt with very efficiently by Robert. Basically he has raised a case and I'll receive a returns postage lable in 2 business days. Bag/box the phone & charger then post it, email them when posted. He said repairs are usually carried out within 5 days of receiving the product. A full factory reset will be carried out. The UK repair centre is SBEUKLTD, based in Ashford, Kent.

Do you know the number I need to call here in the US?
    Thanks Man..
    07-08-17 07:11 AM
    Thanks Man..
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone Screen Lift/Separation Megathread (READ 1ST POST)-46337.jpg  
    07-08-17 07:35 AM
    Update at 12.41, 8 July.

Followed the same process since last Sunday, the BB Hotline rep said I will get a replacement in 3-5 days.

- 2 days later I recieved the shipping ticket via Alcatel Support to send it to SBE Ashford - in an envelope?! lool
    - I have send it in its own box and that in another box - professionally packed (I work in the packaging industry, lol) - it took another 2 days to get to SBE - now waiting for Monday to get an update, hopefully.

Good luck
    Last edited by herr_tan; 07-08-17 at 11:11 AM.
    07-08-17 10:56 AM
    Thanks Man..
    Yikes, hope you get your screen lift resolved soon man.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 11:12 AM
    I spent the whole day outside in 100 degree, high humidity heat. Screen lifted on one side. I ran it to local phone repair shop. 10 minutes later... fixed phone. Tech remarked that phone appeared well made and was an easy fix. Used 2 sided adhesive tape. Did not even charge me for it as he said it was super simple. He thought it was due to hear and that it was not that uncommon of an issue.

Problem solved... no angst, anguish or micro-aggressed feelings of outrage. Carry on...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-08-17 12:19 PM
    I'm still holding back from ordering K1 due to this issue. Will it be possible to open the screen by yourself carefully (not waiting for it to fall on its own), and then apply an adhesive?

It's like givenoquarter's case, but instead of doing it when the screen lifted, will it be safe if I try pulling the screen on my own?

And what adhesive should do the job?
    07-08-17 01:20 PM
    Here's a colleague's phone. It happened on Friday. He says he didn't drop it. He got it less than 2 weeks ago. Rogers in Canada.
    Old 70's song... "Hey ya'll prepare yourself for the rubberband man...."

Rubberbands to fix K1...LOL.
    07-08-17 01:58 PM
    Thanks for that, much appreciated. I googled the repair company and they've got a bad reputation, I can only hope that Blackberry are keeping. An eye on the repair quality /replacements. Hopefully you'll be sorted by the time they've received my KEYone. Cheers & good luck :-)
    Followed the same process since last Sunday, the BB Hotline rep said I will get a replacement in 3-5 days.

- 2 days later I recieved the shipping ticket via Alcatel Support to send it to SBE Ashford - in an envelope?! lool
    - I have send it in its own box and that in another box - professionally packed (I work in the packaging industry, lol) - it took another 2 days to get to SBE - now waiting for Monday to get an update, hopefully.

Good luck
    07-08-17 02:09 PM
    I'm still holding back from ordering K1 due to this issue. Will it be possible to open the screen by yourself carefully (not waiting for it to fall on its own), and then apply an adhesive?

It's like givenoquarter's case, but instead of doing it when the screen lifted, will it be safe if I try pulling the screen on my own?

And what adhesive should do the job?
    The tech used 2mm wide double sided tape. Search amazon for "phone repair tape 2mm" you will find many options. I do not think it would be hard to do yourself, I just have ham hands and poor eyesight.

For such a simple fix, I really do not see why someone would not just go local to get it repaired simply and quickly. It is not as if the phone does not work, it just needs a bit of adhesive to correct. I fully understand that we should not have to do so with a new phone, but my time is too valuable to waste chasing outrage.

I bought a new car once and it managed to lose ALL of the oil overnight all over my driveway. Seems the oil pan drain plug was not properly torqued. I just replaced the plug, filled it back up myself. A couple bags of kitty litter and some powerwashing cleaned up the oil. I told the dealer about it just to save the next ******* from the same fate if it was some sort of recurring issue.

I still feel the KeyOne is the perfect work phone for me. I simply cannot abide a touch screen phone.
    riph, hoytbowhunter and FF22 like this.
    07-08-17 03:22 PM
    The tech used 2mm wide double sided tape. Search amazon for "phone repair tape 2mm" you will find many options. I do not think it would be hard to do yourself, I just have ham hands and poor eyesight.

For such a simple fix, I really do not see why someone would not just go local to get it repaired simply and quickly. It is not as if the phone does not work, it just needs a bit of adhesive to correct. I fully understand that we should not have to do so with a new phone, but my time is too valuable to waste chasing outrage.

I bought a new car once and it managed to lose ALL of the oil overnight all over my driveway. Seems the oil pan drain plug was not properly torqued. I just replaced the plug, filled it back up myself. A couple bags of kitty litter and some powerwashing cleaned up the oil. I told the dealer about it just to save the next ******* from the same fate if it was some sort of recurring issue.

I still feel the KeyOne is the perfect work phone for me. I simply cannot abide a touch screen phone.
    Thanks for your insight! I prefer to fix it myself rather than waiting TCL to address this issue, since I really want this phone. I'm just a bit afraid dismantling the screen could lead to damage the small thin connector I saw on JerryRigEverything's video. Any local repair shop where I live actually refuse when I asked whether they able to 'operate' on it (I show them the video where Jerry broke K1) or not, so I'll just have to do it myself.
    07-08-17 04:27 PM
    Thanks for your insight! I prefer to fix it myself rather than waiting TCL to address this issue, since I really want this phone. I'm just a bit afraid dismantling the screen could lead to damage the small thin connector I saw on JerryRigEverything's video. Any local repair shop where I live actually refuse when I asked whether they able to 'operate' on it (I show them the video where Jerry broke K1) or not, so I'll just have to do it myself.
    Honestly if I had a backup phone I would have already tried to take the screen off and apply proper tape to it just to have peace of mind. Currently I have to baby my keyone and I fear everyday that the screen will lift. The reason why I don't do it is because if I end up breaking the ribbon cable then I will have to send it to TCL and I don't have a spare phone to use in the meantime. What I would do, If you still have your current phone then buy the keyone but don't get rid of your current phone, then when you get the keyone ligtly twist the phone or use a suction cup to see if it comes off. If it doesn't I wouldn't force it any more since we don't really know if they have actually fixed the issue already. If it does lift then try fixing it yourself, if you end up breaking it then go through their warranty claim. Some might say that's terrible advice but some of us don't have the time to deal with warranty claims but at the same time is hard for us to enjoy a phone that we know has a flaw and might break any moment.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-08-17 06:07 PM
    Go ahead and add me to it! Screen is currently half-way off as of July 8th, 2017.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-08-17 07:07 PM
1,582 12345 ...