06-30-17 05:17 PM
98 1234
tools
    Definitely an issue that needs to be corrected and sounds like BBMobile is not hiding from it. I'm guessing this is very small percentage of phones however, likely less than .5%. All phones have issues at launch, sure it's disappointing but I'd return it through warranty and get another.
    06-16-17 11:54 AM
    @Uzi -since you are the official counter these days, what are we up to?
    4 new issues in last 36 hours or so.
    And one more unconfirmed that I don't believe until I see a photo.
    06-16-17 11:55 AM
    @Uzi -since you are the official counter these days, what are we up to?
    No. Sorry I can't keep up with all the new case , it's just too many of them , more than 15 now if I recall correctly
    06-16-17 11:55 AM
    Sad thing is, this device is a beast. Battery life is great and very fluid. I was enjoying the heck out of it until now. Back to my PRIV until the replacement comes in. Who knows how long that will be. Received an email from BBMo saying they did not receive my pics, asking to send to another email address of theirs. Smh
    06-16-17 11:57 AM
    There is zero report about screen pop out from Canadian keyone though so far only us and uk device
    Like others have said. It is just a matter of time. I tend to keep my phone for 2, 3 years minimum. I dont think keyone can handle normal use for that long let alone a bit of abuse.

Posted via CB10
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:57 AM
    4 new in 36 hours and more than 15....

Just curious from your perspective, do you think it is possible that TCL designed the screen NOT to have adhesive and use the supposedly tighter "frame" to keep the screen in, thereby allowing heat to dissipate from the battery and let it breath better, and there for getting much better battery life?

Disclaimer: I am no Engineer, this is just a theory...
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    06-16-17 11:58 AM
    Like others have said. It is just a matter of time. I tend to keep my phone for 2, 3 years minimum. I dont think keyone can handle normal use for that long let alone a bit of abuse.

Posted via CB10
    True but the Canadian got the keyone earlier than US
    06-16-17 11:59 AM
    Should be 3 threads specific to the issues.
    1- screens
    2- poor reception
    3- OS problem
    So that way it would be easier to keep track
    zephyr613 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:01 PM
    Wow

Posted via P'9983
    06-16-17 12:05 PM
    Wow

Posted via P'9983
    ^^
    06-16-17 12:08 PM
    Definitely an issue that needs to be corrected and sounds like BBMobile is not hiding from it. I'm guessing this is very small percentage of phones however, likely less than .5%. All phones have issues at launch, sure it's disappointing but I'd return it through warranty and get another.
    At one point are we going to stop saying this was a small batch of devices. This is happening every single day on here and there haven't been that many phones sold.
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:08 PM
    At one point are we going to stop saying this was a small batch of devices. This is happening every single day on here and there haven't been that many phones sold.
    There doesn't seem to be any difference in the built of faulty and not-yet-faulty units. It has to be a matter of time, sadly.
    06-16-17 12:13 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12926536

Guys, another one! That's 5 in 36 hours.
    06-16-17 12:18 PM
    My only concern is for long term onwers. Lets say warranty is done with - and issues pop up in the second year. This k1 might just have an abysmal secondary resale market.
    You will have to put the missing glue yourself...

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 12:20 PM
    4 new in 36 hours and more than 15....

Just curious from your perspective, do you think it is possible that TCL designed the screen NOT to have adhesive and use the supposedly tighter "frame" to keep the screen in, thereby allowing heat to dissipate from the battery and let it breath better, and there for getting much better battery life?

Disclaimer: I am no Engineer, this is just a theory...
    No engineer either. I also wonder if this was designed as what I'd call a "press fit" or friction-only mounting job. Where the frame was suppose to solidly engage the screen component. But just another guess. Clearly, something is not working as intended. Either friction is not sufficient or they have missed gluing units or the adhesive is too weak.

It needs to be addressed and QUICKLY.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-16-17 12:22 PM

I feel his pain!
    06-16-17 12:22 PM
    Purchased at a local BestBuy in Houston, TX on June 01 the day after launch. I had to get off work early and fly across the city at 4PM because it was the ONLY device in Hou for sale in person. Joy!
    06-16-17 01:06 PM
    It's been out for a while from Rogers bell Telus
    Rogers unit without screen confirmed. Didn't take long this "matter of time".
    06-16-17 01:27 PM
    Rogers unit without screen confirmed. Didn't take long this "matter of time".
    Yeah saw that , first time I see from a Canadian keyone
    06-16-17 01:39 PM
    *Update
    After a few emails/calls back and forth with BBMo, I received my shipping label. I have been instructed to ship my defective device first and wait for the replacement. Hoping for the best. Usually, its the other way around. ShopBB would ship the replacement with an additional slip to send back the old device. On the bright side, I am in Houston and the device is headed just a bit north of Dallas so at least its not going out of or cross country. Disappointed at the situation but pleased that TCL is acting quick on the fix.
    06-16-17 04:19 PM
    I'm tempted to just return my release day KEYone!
    06-16-17 04:29 PM
    *Update
    After a few emails/calls back and forth with BBMo, I received my shipping label. I have been instructed to ship my defective device first and wait for the replacement. Hoping for the best. Usually, its the other way around. ShopBB would ship the replacement with an additional slip to send back the old device. On the bright side, I am in Houston and the device is headed just a bit north of Dallas so at least its not going out of or cross country. Disappointed at the situation but pleased that TCL is acting quick on the fix.
    Thanks for the update.

Are you finding no adhesive at all? Even a very light strip to act as a possible moisture seal? Both JerryRig and Kevin's test show that there is something along the edge.

ShopBB would request a credit card as collateral, if they were to send you a replacement device /first/. It's what Apple does too. There was a whole long thread where someone had a broken BB10 device and he wanted BB to ship a device first, without giving a credit card, and trust that he'll send the old one back. He was upset that they didn't trust him. I doubt it was personally against him, just standard protocol to ensure that people do send the defective device back.
    06-16-17 04:33 PM
    @kris3kgt - Did something specifically happen to have the screen pop off? What I mean is did it drop or get twisted extraordinarily?
    06-16-17 05:48 PM
    Telus had 1108 in stock on May 31st for business only and are currently sold out. Rogers and bell took pre-orders so it's highly likely they sold considerably more than that. That's easily 5-6000 phones just in Canada. So 15,000 worldwide is probably a low number.

15 phones with a screen lift problem out of 15,000 is 1/10 of 1%. That is far from the epidemic some of you make it out to be.

Just my 2 cents
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    06-16-17 05:56 PM

I've found x4 display models in UK, London stores, posted pics on my original thread if anyone is interested.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12927033
    06-16-17 06:00 PM
98 1234