Telus had 1108 in stock on May 31st for business only and are currently sold out. Rogers and bell took pre-orders so it's highly likely they sold considerably more than that. That's easily 5-6000 phones just in Canada. So 15,000 worldwide is probably a low number.

15 phones with a screen lift problem out of 15,000 is 1/10 of 1%. That is far from the epidemic some of you make it out to be.

Just my 2 cents
    We only know about problems experienced by CBers, therefore the correct denominator is the number of phones in the hand of CBers, not the total number of K1s sold. I dont know and won't speculate what the number is, but that ratio is clearly MUCH higher than 1/10 of 1%.
    06-18-17 12:28 AM
    why can't BlackBerry do anything well? Passport had screen lift as well... Priv has creak, heat, lag & now this... what kind of banana republic is that management?
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-18-17 12:38 AM
    06-18-17 04:58 AM
    Note that happened after a month of use. Ticking time bombs.
    06-18-17 06:32 AM
    Telus had 1108 in stock on May 31st for business only and are currently sold out. Rogers and bell took pre-orders so it's highly likely they sold considerably more than that. That's easily 5-6000 phones just in Canada. So 15,000 worldwide is probably a low number.

15 phones with a screen lift problem out of 15,000 is 1/10 of 1%. That is far from the epidemic some of you make it out to be.

Just my 2 cents
    15 who have been reported in Crackberry.... how many people ignore the existence of this forum? They could be more...but I guess always in a small percentage. Of course it is "alarming"...but also not that much I would say!

Posted via CB10
    erinsteadman likes this.
    06-18-17 07:55 AM
    We only know about problems experienced by CBers, therefore the correct denominator is the number of phones in the hand of CBers, not the total number of K1s sold. I dont know and won't speculate what the number is, but that ratio is clearly MUCH higher than 1/10 of 1%.
    I was waiting for someone to eventually point this out - thank-you loll

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 08:15 AM
    I had my phone in the car 31 degrees celcius and the device screen is still there and the device was very warm
    06-18-17 01:57 PM
    Should be 3 threads specific to the issues.
    1- screens
    2- poor reception
    3- OS problem
    So that way it would be easier to keep track
    4 vertical lines down the screen
    But who was saying a recall was not the way to go? Cause it was only a handful.
    Wow another one
    Asia is getting the device from UK , has not release in Asia
    Sad thing is, this device is a beast. Battery life is great and very fluid. I was enjoying the heck out of it until now. Back to my PRIV until the replacement comes in. Who knows how long that will be. Received an email from BBMo saying they did not receive my pics, asking to send to another email address of theirs. Smh
    06-18-17 02:18 PM
    I am on my third keyone. First one screen fell completely out on light drop. Second one screen corner started lifting although I had a security sticker on the other corner and it looked like that was the only think holding it on!

Fingers crossed for this third one!

Luckily I got from Carphone Warehouse (UK) and on both occasions local store exchanged immediately, no questions asked.
    06-18-17 03:01 PM
    I am on my third keyone. First one screen fell completely out on light drop. Second one screen corner started lifting although I had a security sticker on the other corner and it looked like that was the only think holding it on!

Fingers crossed for this third one!

Luckily I got from Carphone Warehouse (UK) and on both occasions local store exchanged immediately, no questions asked.
    Do you have any photos?
    06-18-17 04:08 PM
    **Update
    I shipped the defective KEYone to a "BlackBerry authorized repair center" as stated on the shipping slip here in Texas. I checked FedEx and the device arrived to the repair center. I emailed BBMo letting them know and asked when they would be shipping my replacement device. I will await their reply, hopefully with a tracking number. Let's just hope we don't have to "wait" until TCL finds a cure for this problem.
    06-20-17 02:41 PM
    **Update
    Waiting for BBMo to send me tracking to my new device. To smooth things out, BBMo should ship out replacement devices the day it receives the defective unit. My device arrived to their repair center a week ago. Should not take that long for them to send out the new device.
    06-26-17 02:55 PM
    **Update
    Still no tracking. I called BBMo and their explanation was, "the repair center has not gotten back to us"... WTH? So is TCL just supposed to wait around until the repair center finds the time to respond? What a headache.
    06-27-17 06:37 PM
    sorry to everybody who's had issues. like the Priv, the early adopters are having some issues. I learned my lesson with the Priv, wait to buy until issues get resolved.
    06-27-17 07:37 PM
    **Update
    No tracking or any indication that its coming soon. Been calling for answers but TCL has not heard back from the repair center.
    06-29-17 09:40 AM
    **Update
    No tracking or any indication that its coming soon. Been calling for answers but TCL has not heard back from the repair center.
    Ouch! @blackberrymobile can you check it for this guy?
    06-29-17 11:05 AM
    Should be 3 threads specific to the issues.
    1- screens
    2- poor reception
    3- OS problem
    So that way it would be easier to keep track
    Please excuse my ignorance, what OS problem?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 11:38 AM
    **Update
    I shipped the defective KEYone to a "BlackBerry authorized repair center" as stated on the shipping slip here in Texas. I checked FedEx and the device arrived to the repair center. I emailed BBMo letting them know and asked when they would be shipping my replacement device. I will await their reply, hopefully with a tracking number. Let's just hope we don't have to "wait" until TCL finds a cure for this problem.
    PM or post address of that service location please...
    06-29-17 11:42 AM
    I am VERY concerned about the "repair center in Texas"

firstly, Fedex used to handle dell and toshiba computer returns but finally instead of delivering to a repair center Fedex actually hired technicians and did the repairs themselves by some arrangement with the manufacturer...

texas is on the border with mexico and maybe BlackBerrey never closed down that maqiladora and now BlackBerryMo or TCL is doing the fixes there trucking in the busted stuff from across the border...

I smell Rio Grande fiish...
    06-29-17 11:50 AM
    there are many TCL service center dotted around all the states. May be BBM is using them. https://www.service-center-locator.c...ice-center.htm
    https://www.service-center-locator.c...stin-texas.htm
    If it is, at least the repair and overhaul infrastructure is well rooted in US for TCL (not sure if i should feel comfortable or alarming... since you guys want repair, possibly is not the later...).
    06-29-17 12:06 PM
    Ouch! @blackberrymobile can you check it for this guy?
    Please and thanks!
    06-29-17 02:10 PM
    I am VERY concerned about the "repair center in Texas"

firstly, Fedex used to handle dell and toshiba computer returns but finally instead of delivering to a repair center Fedex actually hired technicians and did the repairs themselves by some arrangement with the manufacturer...

texas is on the border with mexico and maybe BlackBerrey never closed down that maqiladora and now BlackBerryMo or TCL is doing the fixes there trucking in the busted stuff from across the border...

I smell Rio Grande fiish...
    The repair center is actually in Richardson, Texas. It is North of Dallas.
    06-29-17 02:12 PM
    Low and behold, I get home yesterday with a package. A new device was sent to me. I am going to enjoy my KEYone now. I will be back if the screen comes off again but hoping it doesn't ever do that again. Those waiting or planning to request a replacement device, expect to wait 1-2 weeks for a new one to arrive. I was told that it took so long is because of the availability of the replacement device. That could mean a number of things. Let's hope TCL devices get better by the batch and model.
    06-30-17 04:17 PM
98 ... 234