The difference is: Kevin did a drop test. Mine did not even fall at all. It just got loose within 1 single day, starting in the morning (at least i detected it then) and ended in late evening, without any external influence. Guess mine is one of those without glue at all.
    Last edited by senortabasco; 06-13-17 at 04:27 PM.
    06-13-17 04:05 PM
    yes it's true, and cbk is late with his video, cuz with his first action the screen came off. so he is now editing the video, so it will look like that the keyone is a beast.
    Ok i was just kidding, look his video, the KEYone is a beast!
    06-13-17 04:48 PM
    The difference is: Kevin did a drop test. Mine did not even fall at all. It just got loose within 1 single day, starting in the morning (at least i detected it then) and ended in late evening, without any external influence. Guess mine is one of those without glue at all.
    Yes , looks definitely as a faulty unit !
    06-13-17 05:19 PM
    Dang, so many of these vs. CBK video. Tough to figure out.
    Cbk keyone vs rest of screen pops!
    06-13-17 06:16 PM
    Today visited Carphone warehouse shop in London to have a look at the keyone and the screen was popped out from the model on the stand... not very encouraging
    Yes and no. It seems to be a production run or just a few in the run. My friend had one pop and the other friends is rock solid. I did have my Tech guys call the TCL support line for authorized repair Techs. He spoke at length with them, told them about our repair on one phone and the findings. Since we have some of their product owned by our company and have sent Techs to them for schooling. They would consider the repair (factory), also he did say there seemed to be a few phones with some issue with the adhesive. TLC will stand behind every phone, so if you want one dive in the waters fine.......WOOF!
    Alain_A and pkcable like this.
    06-13-17 08:17 PM
    Do you have qwertz model?
    06-13-17 09:51 PM
    Those salespeople should be fired for being stupide. Nobody bends their phone in ½ like the video. Kevin dropped 2 off the roof of his Tesla and nothing happened.
    06-13-17 10:20 PM
    Today visited Carphone warehouse shop in London to have a look at the keyone and the screen was popped out from the model on the stand... not very encouraging
    That sounds fishy to me. Maybe sabotage.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-13-17 10:25 PM
    Do you think it's possible to add a few drops of crazy glue and glue the screen back down? Now I'm worried I'll wake up any day now and my screen will be like yours and if tcl makes it hard to get a replacement unit then I hope they are at least easy to fix it myself.
    06-13-17 11:51 PM
    Might be, but I do not think, that standard enduser glue and non-professional work will get a superb result.
    This phone cost me 600€ and is 1 month old...no way I would do smart repair on my own. I would not recommend it for anyone. Warranty would be lost as well.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Tim-ANC and kbz1960 like this.
    06-14-17 12:10 AM
    Believe it or not. When I picked Up my Keyone this morning, something felt strange. I took a closer look on it and the top left of the Display was easily moving. I swear, I did not let it fall. I even used a Silicon Case from day 2 on. Never had it in my back pocket, nor sat on it. I decided to bring it on monday to the store where I bought (because in Germany we have a public Holiday, so a prolonged Weekend and I did not want to miss it for 4 days, wher nothing would happen at the Service anyway.
    I treated it the whole day like a raw egg. Now, when I picked it Up from the table and wanted to go to bed, it felt even stranger again: THE WHOLE DISPLAY IS TOTALLY LOOSE! If I would hold it upside down, the Display would surely completely fall off. If you do not believe me, I try to add photos (made with my very solid and trustful BB Classic)Attachment 425126Attachment 425127
    Very disappointing first device from TLC good luck with your exchange .
    06-14-17 04:36 AM
    Thanks. Only positive thing is, that I again fell in love with my Classic, especially with its compact measures. I would not need the "big" screen of the keyone, but of course there is no alternative to it. It is a pity that compact pkb phones are dying.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-14-17 04:46 AM
    My screen seems to be rock solid so far! BUT I know that if I did have any issues BlackBerry Mobile is just a phone call or email away!
    bakron1 likes this.
    06-14-17 08:48 AM
    Do you have anything to substantiate this claim?

yes it's true, and cbk is late with his video, cuz with his first action the screen came off. so he is now editing the video, so it will look like that the keyone is a beast.
    06-14-17 02:07 PM
    I would like to point out if CBK is such a fanboy of Blackberry why did he leave? He has very publicly taken blackberry to task for not making good decisions and for turning out inferior products. Its a fact that can be easily researched right here. TCL did come out and say they would correct the issues and as far as I can tell they have fully accepted responsibility. I am one who has had a screen come off and so far they have been very involved in finding a soloution. Not just a replacement but one that the issue will not be happening again. I asked after they had decided to replace it if it would have a fix so I don't get one and have it happen again here is the response

"The issue will be fixed so you do not have to deal with this headache again, therefore the new KEYone you get will not provide you any issues.*

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device.*"
    cbvinh and kbz1960 like this.
    06-14-17 02:30 PM
    [warn]*** The topic under discussion here is about the "KEYone screen issue". Do not make snide comments about each other, or about supposed groups of the membership.

The "off-topic" comments have been cleaned out. Skip the bickering and get back on topic. Please.[/warn]
    Last edited by Ecm; 06-14-17 at 07:37 PM.
    Stefan Dorokhov likes this.
    06-14-17 07:25 PM
    I bought my K1 from a CPWH branch in early May, and over the weekend I dropped it about 18 inches. Unfortunately the screen popped out and the cable ribbon attached to the screen has slightly torn. This understandably has resulted in the screen no longer working

Thankfully BB Mobile have agreed to do an under warranty replacement which is all well and good. Unfortunately it looks like it will take between one and two weeks to set fully up the RMA, send the damaged phone to BB's UK technical support partner, and get the replacement phone sent out to me

BB needs to find a way to streamline the fault resolution process whereby you can return the faulty phone to a CPWH branch that has an instore branch of Geek Squad, have the fault verified on the spot, and walk out with the replacement handset, as one to two weeks is a long time to be without your prized phone, and is needlessly testing the loyalty of the BB user community!
    Attached Thumbnails KeyOne screen issue true?-img_6687.jpg   KeyOne screen issue true?-img_6688.jpg   KeyOne screen issue true?-img_6686.jpg  
    06-14-17 10:47 PM
    we are not talking about tests in this thread.
    You are talking about something "completely flawed" with no evidence. First get the facts. Then give an opinion based on facts. That way readers can decide if the opinion is reasonable based on the facts.
    06-14-17 11:39 PM
    I bought my K1 from a CPWH branch in early May, and over the weekend I dropped it about 18 inches. Unfortunately the screen popped out and the cable ribbon attached to the screen has slightly torn. This understandably has resulted in the screen no longer working

Thankfully BB Mobile have agreed to do an under warranty replacement which is all well and good. Unfortunately it looks like it will take between one and two weeks to set fully up the RMA, send the damaged phone to BB's UK technical support partner, and get the replacement phone sent out to me

BB needs to find a way to streamline the fault resolution process whereby you can return the faulty phone to a CPWH branch that has an instore branch of Geek Squad, have the fault verified on the spot, and walk out with the replacement handset, as one to two weeks is a long time to be without your prized phone, and is needlessly testing the loyalty of the BB user community!
    That is a long time to wait. Perhaps the delay is because BBMo will be sending you a corrected device.

Based on what I've read in the forums, UK seems to have the most problems with the screen issue. Either because UK received the first production batch or they have been in circulation the longest.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the circumstance that brought you here. It will get better.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-14-17 11:43 PM
    06-15-17 02:01 AM
    This

= nonsense
    06-15-17 02:52 AM
    Seriously speaking, it's time for a worldwide recall. Then resume production and shipments to retail channels when they finally get it right. Instead, TCL will probably keep replacing the units via the long and painful process while consumers will keep buying the ticking time-bombs.
    06-15-17 03:29 AM
    Seriously speaking, it's time for a worldwide recall. Then resume production and shipments to retail channels when they finally get it right. Instead, TCL will probably keep replacing the units via the long and painful process while consumers will keep buying the ticking time-bombs.
    I agree. We do not speak about single items and Batches. Mine is a QWERTZ Version from Germany and all broken phones seem to be from several parts of the world. No way that it is only a problem of some batches, where one employee forgot to refill the glue disposer in the production for an hour.
    06-15-17 04:19 AM
    I agree. We do not speak about single items and Batches. Mine is a QWERTZ Version from Germany and all broken phones seem to be from several parts of the world. No way that it is only a problem of some batches, where one employee forgot to refill the glue disposer in the production for an hour.
    I think I found a POSSIBLE reason the screens are popping up:
    Possible reason the screens are popping up

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...1&share_type=t
    06-15-17 04:24 AM
    = nonsense
    The significance of his test is not that the screen can come off under extreme and unlikely forces and punishment. It's that he did not find any adhesive on the back of the screen.

Whether that's an design omission or a manufacturing problem I don't know. But it seems to me that the lack of adhesive could be the issue with many of the other users issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 06-15-17 at 07:13 AM.
    06-15-17 04:32 AM
61 123