Today visited Carphone warehouse shop in London to have a look at the keyone and the screen was popped out from the model on the stand... not very encouraging
    06-13-17 12:07 PM
    yes it's true, and cbk is late with his video, cuz with his first action the screen came off. so he is now editing the video, so it will look like that the keyone is a beast.
    jsecompany likes this.
    06-13-17 12:10 PM
    I haven't had my screen pop off yet.

Over the course of time, I have seen a number of ruined BlackBerrys at store displays. It does look like the stores are not removing those on purpose.
    06-13-17 12:10 PM
    Got my k1 from Carphone Warehouse in London had it for a week now had no issues. phone working perfect.
    jsn_c likes this.
    06-13-17 12:11 PM
    had mine for a while and I've dropped it and all is fine, at least it hasn't caught fire !!!!
    06-13-17 12:13 PM
    Wait, the screen fell off on the display model?
    06-13-17 12:14 PM
    Wow did the employee know about it?
    06-13-17 12:21 PM
    Display models tend to get quite abused... maybe intentionally by jerk customers.
    06-13-17 12:23 PM
    This might a case where users are going in to test the issue that they probably heard in the news. There was a series of vandalism at Apple store in the US when bendgate started. Bent display models. Sad really.
    knightfall likes this.
    06-13-17 12:24 PM
    I've dropped my device from 20 feet 3 times a day for 2 weeks onto concrete floor and no issues here. Just kidding, probably someone tried to pop it on purpose after seeing the videos, the flaw is real though it all depends whether you are willing to baby the phone or not.
    06-13-17 12:26 PM
    We don't know if the screen merely fell off or was prompted. I have little doubt that a Jerry-Rig fan decided to test the limits of the device. Maybe going so far as to bring a tire iron or pry bar to the store to test the screen adhesion!!!!

But we all do know that it has happened without much prompting to some extent.
    06-13-17 12:28 PM
    This might a case where users are going in to test the issue that they probably heard in the news. There was a series of vandalism at Apple store in the US when bendgate started. Bent display models. Sad really.
    Ah yes I remember that
    06-13-17 12:28 PM
    Yep, the phone wasn't bent or anything, screen still working but starting from the bottom its just out
    06-13-17 12:32 PM
    Wow did the employee know about it?
    Not sure. I just thought to myself Not today and walked out.
    06-13-17 12:33 PM
    Yep, the phone wasn't bent or anything, screen still working but starting from the bottom its just out
    It's impressive that someone can forcibly bend the phone enough to cause the screen to pop out without permanently deforming the frame.
    06-13-17 12:46 PM
    All I know is I use my phone like I regularly do, without a case, and it is working well. Mind you, I must "baby" my phones because I had no screen lift issues with my passport, or double typing with my Q10. I am not saying they didn't happen, just that I did not experience them.
    06-13-17 01:01 PM
    Display models tend to get quite abused... maybe intentionally by jerk customers.
    Exactly. When the iPhone 6 bendgate issue surfaced, this was a common thing to see at Apple stores.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-13-17 01:52 PM
    Wow. that's unreal. This phone seems to be critically flawed. I read in another thread that some people have encountered salespeople that are actively telling customers NOT to buy the K1. Talk about fail.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 02:30 PM
    I think the test is quite unrealistic. You need some very strong forces over a prolonged period to bend the frame. If you subject your smartphone to those kind of forces, you need a very strong case. A simple drop would rarely suffice.
    06-13-17 02:39 PM
    And you didn't take a picture? Not suggesting anyone would come in here and stir up trouble...
    06-13-17 02:48 PM
    Believe it or not. When I picked Up my Keyone this morning, something felt strange. I took a closer look on it and the top left of the Display was easily moving. I swear, I did not let it fall. I even used a Silicon Case from day 2 on. Never had it in my back pocket, nor sat on it. I decided to bring it on monday to the store where I bought (because in Germany we have a public Holiday, so a prolonged Weekend and I did not want to miss it for 4 days, wher nothing would happen at the Service anyway.
    I treated it the whole day like a raw egg. Now, when I picked it Up from the table and wanted to go to bed, it felt even stranger again: THE WHOLE DISPLAY IS TOTALLY LOOSE! If I would hold it upside down, the Display would surely completely fall off. If you do not believe me, I try to add photos (made with my very solid and trustful BB Classic)KeyOne screen issue true?-img_20170613_222656.jpgKeyOne screen issue true?-img_20170613_222651.jpg
    bendiep1991 and lee-pa like this.
    06-13-17 03:46 PM
    I think the test is quite unrealistic. You need some very strong forces over a prolonged period to bend the frame. If you subject your smartphone to those kind of forces, you need a very strong case. A simple drop would rarely suffice.
    we are not talking about tests in this thread.
    06-13-17 03:47 PM
    And you didn't take a picture? Not suggesting anyone would come in here and stir up trouble...
    I live about 100 metres away from the shop so if you want I can go tomorrow and take a picture
    06-13-17 03:48 PM
    Believe it or not. When I picked Up my Keyone this morning, something felt strange. I took a closer look on it and the top left of the Display was easily moving. I swear, I did not let it fall. I even used a Silicon Case from day 2 on. Never had it in my back pocket, nor sat on it. I decided to bring it on monday to the store where I bought (because in Germany we have a public Holiday, so a prolonged Weekend and I did not want to miss it for 4 days, wher nothing would happen at the Service anyway.
    I treated it the whole day like a raw egg. Now, when I picked it Up from the table and wanted to go to bed, it felt even stranger again: THE WHOLE DISPLAY IS TOTALLY LOOSE! If I would hold it upside down, the Display would surely completely fall off. If you do not believe me, I try to add photos (made with my very solid and trustful BB Classic)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170613_222656.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	425126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170613_222651.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	425127
    Dang, so many of these vs. CBK video. Tough to figure out.
    kbz1960 and krazyatom like this.
    06-13-17 03:57 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170613_222651.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	425127
    Between Kevin's real-world test video, and these KEYone's with the screen popping off, this must be proving there was simply a bad batch of KEYone devices sent out, and it's the luck of the draw whether or not we all have a good KEYone, or a bad one.

@senortabasco, sorry this happened to you. Hopefully it gets repaired in short time and with little to no cost.

kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-17 04:01 PM
61 123