Well hey, these must all still be "preproduction" units right?

Let's wait and see until they launch this thing more widely.
    06-04-17 05:42 PM
    Not applying loca glue shouldn't have anything to do with pre-production or not... That's just a screw up.
    06-04-17 05:45 PM
    So is this No. 9 or 10? Should open an own BBM Channel or at least get a sub-forum here. Oh this could be really funny if it wasn't a lot of money and time from hardworking guys that is burned here cause of a lousy quality management for BlackBerry branded asian phones. Doesn't make me want to buy one, and I have a wobbly PRIV with creaking back-cover and kind of loose volume rockers.
    I think it is 8. Seems the screens are falling out after a few weeks of use.
    06-05-17 02:40 AM
    To Bla1ze and CBK:

Please be honest:
    Have all the Keyone's you used been flawless?? No hardware failures at all???

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 02:49 AM
    To Bla1ze and CBK:

Please be honest:
    Have all the Keyone's you used been flawless?? No hardware failures at all???

Posted via CB10
    #PaidToSayOtherwise
    stefan_ likes this.
    06-05-17 07:20 AM
    Not applying loca glue shouldn't have anything to do with pre-production or not... That's just a screw up.
    It does, like the uneven back lighting on the keyboard, those were all preproduction units and they said the lighting would get evened out come launch date... maybe the loose screen is the same thing?

So far all the KEYones have uneven backlights, so that leads me to believe these are all still prelaunch devices people received
    EndRacism likes this.
    06-05-17 08:02 AM
    Ive used several pre production units by other manufacturers. Unless it's pre alpha which isn't even the final form factor (temporary parts) it better have the screen glued on...
    06-05-17 08:41 AM
    Ive used several pre production units by other manufacturers. Unless it's pre alpha which isn't even the final form factor (temporary parts) it better have the screen glued on...
    Can someone please verify it the screen issue is with preproduction models or not. Otherwise the whole discussion is rather useless. If you have a beta - things will not be perfect.

Also serial numbers are important to establish if this is related to a small batch or is a widespread issue.
    06-05-17 10:39 AM
    Can someone please verify it the screen issue is with preproduction models or not. Otherwise the whole discussion is rather useless. If you have a beta - things will not be perfect.
    Which begs the question, if it is a pre-production device in question, why is BB Mobile/Carphone Warehouse/whomever sending out pre-production units at retail?
    06-05-17 10:47 AM

Also serial numbers are important to establish if this is related to a small batch or is a widespread issue.
    Retail models
    06-05-17 10:47 AM

I don't know if the problem is as widespread as the double type issue on the q10 when the community banded together and started posting such information so as to help us maybe get a clue about the origins and patterns of the problem.
    06-05-17 10:51 AM
    Which begs the question, if it is a pre-production device in question, why is BB Mobile/Carphone Warehouse/whomever sending out pre-production units at retail?
    Exactly. SMH at these people who are grasping at straws for excuses. This discussion is supposedly useless if the problematic phones are pre-production models. But apparently shipping pre-production units in a delayed release is A-OK.
    06-05-17 11:06 AM
    I got my k1 from Amazon US and keyboard LED light is uneven. Did I receive pre-production model? How do I find out?
    06-05-17 11:23 AM
    Maybe they were pressured so much to launch that they ended up sending "pre-final" models that were supposed to go out to testers / QC participants etc. Based on quantities we saw that could have been meant for them.
    06-05-17 11:29 AM
    I got my k1 from Amazon US and keyboard LED light is uneven. Did I receive pre-production model? How do I find out?
    The back light has been talked about in other forums. When I first heard of it on the K1. I looked at my PP and noticed the middle keys are dim too. Fist time I noticed after 2 years. I don't consider it defect.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-05-17 11:43 AM
    The back light has been talked about in other forums. When I first heard of it on the K1. I looked at my PP and noticed the middle keys are dim too. Fist time I noticed after 2 years. I don't consider it defect.
    Yes I had many passport with uneven led so I know it's not not defect, but I heard that TCL fixed this issue before official release.
    06-05-17 11:56 AM
    If you don't want to deal with the hassle it might be easier to just get a loca glue and uv kit and just fix it, since that is what they use anyways.

But if you don't trust yourself it's maybe not a good idea.
    not good idea DYI. UV may damage the LCD. besides, if the material is black, very little UV cure can perform the job (very few UV curable black material I know of). In addition, if the black is filled with carbon black, most likely it used as EMI (electromagnetic interference) shield, that has some low conductivity to keep it contact to the bezel, support plate.... DYI may not be a good idea unless you know the design intend. (remind me someone early years removed white paint of mac-book to make it transparent case so you can see all the guts... ruin all the EMI connection in the process...). warning...
    06-05-17 12:54 PM
    That is the thing with drops, any small drop on the wrong place can break any phone. While sometimes big drops cause no damage. Sorry OP, terrible luck.
    That's so true. The drops or clicks of death are gunshots to the head in the technology world. Some people seem to drop their phones without suffering a scratch. Then others lose their screen or camera lense. I just remember most YouTube reviewers saying that the KeyOne is "built like a tank." So, I will continue to hope for the best for my device, as well as all of yours.
    06-05-17 01:03 PM
    not good idea DYI. UV may damage the LCD. besides, if the material is black, very little UV cure can perform the job (very few UV curable black material I know of). In addition, if the black is filled with carbon black, most likely it used as EMI (electromagnetic interference) shield, that has some low conductivity to keep it contact to the bezel, support plate.... DYI may not be a good idea unless you know the design intend. (remind me someone early years removed white paint of mac-book to make it transparent case so you can see all the guts... ruin all the EMI connection in the process...). warning...
    Loca glue is what they use to seal the lcd screen in the first place and is used by every repair shop there is... And UV is how it is set. But again, I don't care if people are scared to fix it.
    06-05-17 02:15 PM
    Some of the UV cured glue are susceptible to moisture (not cured even exposed to UV if moisture damaged). there are many LOCA. you really need to know what you are doing.
    06-05-17 02:32 PM
    True, looking at my SE now and see very slight dimming in middle.

EndRacism
    06-05-17 05:03 PM
    And why would anyone tamper with a phone while still under warranty!! You'll lose your warranty!

EndRacism
    kbz1960 and jmr1015 like this.
    06-05-17 05:05 PM
    use jb weld that will keep it on for good
    jamesharmeling and jmr1015 like this.
    06-05-17 05:32 PM
    Loca glue is what they use to seal the lcd screen in the first place and is used by every repair shop there is... And UV is how it is set. But again, I don't care if people are scared to fix it.
    People shouldn't have to fix it. Warranty should fix or replace it.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-05-17 05:49 PM
    No updates from the OP? I assume he got his refund and booked!
    06-06-17 03:45 PM
615 ... 1415161718 ...