LOL. Last I knew moderators are unpaid volunteers.
    And it is still lol
    kbz1960, zephyr613 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-21-17 08:54 AM
    And it is still lol
    Exactly.

Kevin is paid, though.
    kbz1960 and zephyr613 like this.
    06-21-17 09:11 AM
    Did someone pay you to become such a shill?

There is lots of evidence that people are receiving refurb units back. Go search for it, that is what Google is for. They are absolutely NOT on the issue. They released a statement saying they are looking at "additional adhesive measures", meaning they'll remember to put the glue on next time.

Fact of the matter is, service is already abysmal for early adopters. Your screen hangs on by nothing, and when it falls out, good luck getting through the CS lines. When you do get a customer service rep, they'll tell you to send in your device (for an unknown period of time), and they'll send it back when it's fixed AKA glued on. So if that is your only cell phone, get ready to be without it for 1-2 months! No Advanced RMA, they simply don't care.

This issue is HUGE and popping up everywhere. There are 3-4 new reports DAILY on the various websites, on a LOW PRODUCTION device, and I see that without trying to dig up all the rest. This is at a RECALL level. Out of the millions of Note 7 devices sold, only a couple blew up, if it was 3-4 per day and Samsung denied a recall, they would fold overnight. Blackberry didn't sell anywhere near this amount of devices, and the failure rate is out of control

TLDR: BBMo doesn't glue on screen, barely acknowledges a problem exist when it is already an epidemic, doesn't issue advanced RMA so say goodbye to your phone for a while, doesn't issue a recall. We will probably see a "silent fix" in the future so they don't have to acknowledge anything. The rest of us who paid good money, well, tough luck.

New company, same old schemes
    Very well said.
    06-21-17 11:41 AM
    Man I been away for awhile and screen lift issues are more common now. I did return mine because of uneven keyboard led.
    06-21-17 11:56 AM
    Man I been away for awhile and screen lift issues are more common now. I did return mine because of uneven keyboard led.
    LOL. That was it? I don't think I've ever seen a BlackBerry that was. But we all have what we will except.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 12:26 PM
    LOL. That was it? I don't think I've ever seen a BlackBerry that was. But we all have what we will except.
    Yea lol. I am just picky. My passport has all even led lights lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:28 PM
    Let me know if you find better kb in the field,, Doesn't matter how much it cost, as long as it is made in 2017. Thx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 01:11 PM
    Let me know if you find better kb in the field,, Doesn't matter how much it cost, as long as it is made in 2017. Thx in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I already have better KB. Passport, classic, and Priv.
    06-21-17 01:34 PM
    No dispute, but none of them made 2017... reality hurts. :-(
    06-21-17 01:36 PM
    Not many posts there, but including the 4 I found in the retails stores I think its well over 20.
    Such a shame.

Did they finally refund you?
    06-21-17 02:17 PM
    We are actually going through a heatwave at the moment over here, up to 32 degrees (90 degrees in old money). So if heat does have anything to do with it, stand by for loads of screen lift reports from sweltering Blighty!
    My point is moot. Just read Heathrow reported a record high temp of 94F since 40 years ago.
    06-22-17 08:39 PM
    We are actually going through a heatwave at the moment over here, up to 32 degrees (90 degrees in old money). So if heat does have anything to do with it, stand by for loads of screen lift reports from sweltering Blighty!
    A heat wave ..... up to 32C ...... Bwahahaha .... only the english, lol 😂
    06-22-17 09:06 PM
    @The_Q have you got your money back yet?
    06-22-17 09:10 PM
    Not yet. Hoping it can be refunded today. Will write a final update asap
    06-23-17 12:15 AM
    Such a shame.

Did they finally refund you?
    Not yet hoping today
    06-23-17 12:22 AM
    I found this thread by searching 'Blackberry keyone screen detatched' because the same thing just happened to me too. Drop so minor I barely noticed it and it's in a rubber case too.

Fine at first, then started coming off as I was driving and using it as a sat nav. Thought it was because of the heat, as it was in sunlight. I'm on holiday so can't do anything about it right now.

Not looking forward to having it replaced because doubtless I'll have to send mine back first so will have to go through all the grief of backing up and transferring my data. Was bad enough transferring to the key one from the Q10 I had
    06-24-17 10:24 AM
    I found this thread by searching 'Blackberry keyone screen detatched' because the same thing just happened to me too. Drop so minor I barely noticed it and it's in a rubber case too.

Fine at first, then started coming off as I was driving and using it as a sat nav. Thought it was because of the heat, as it was in sunlight. I'm on holiday so can't do anything about it right now.

Not looking forward to having it replaced because doubtless I'll have to send mine back first so will have to go through all the grief of backing up and transferring my data. Was bad enough transferring to the key one from the Q10 I had
    Man that sucks. You'll just have to send it back when you get home. It's going to continually happen to people who bought the first run of this device. Not everyone, but it will happen to more. One can only hope that TCL has addressed this with newer production lines of the phone.
    06-24-17 11:32 AM
    Just picked up my Keyone which I got on launch day at the CPW in Selfridges in London and the screen is half hanging off

The_Q, Any advice (since you seem to have been though a whole heap of effort with yours) on the best way to go about getting a refund? Would you think the best place to start is with CPW, Selfridges or BB mobile and in-store on online?
    06-24-17 05:50 PM
    The idea that the business that sold a product does not hold ALL responsibility for said product is foreign to me. Are things that different across the pond? If (God forbid) my screen starts to pop off and Best Buy doesn't immediately replace it, I'd wreck the entire store as the cops chase me around.
    Tim-ANC, The_Q and FF22 like this.
    06-24-17 07:55 PM
    The idea that the business that sold a product does not hold ALL responsibility for said product is foreign to me. Are things that different across the pond? If (God forbid) my screen starts to pop off and Best Buy doesn't immediately replace it, I'd wreck the entire store as the cops chase me around.
    I'd be crawling up someone's *** everyday. I don't think it's a cultural trait. Some people have more stamina or are more prone to being incensed over these things.
    @The_Q missed the no hassle return window by one day and told them it was dropped, thereby putting him/her in questionable status for refund in the retailer's eyes.

A member getting jacked around in the states too:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1111661

Possible they are delaying replacements to ensure they have solid units to ship.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-25-17 11:25 AM
    Jeez, there's sure a lot of screen issues popping up. At least it sounds like they've started addressing the issues and will hopefully have these fixed for the next few batches. I just hope this hasn't turned people off the device completely.
    06-25-17 11:28 AM
    Just picked up my Keyone which I got on launch day at the CPW in Selfridges in London and the screen is half hanging off

The_Q, Any advice (since you seem to have been though a whole heap of effort with yours) on the best way to go about getting a refund? Would you think the best place to start is with CPW, Selfridges or BB mobile and in-store on online?

Hi Pajd100

I will do a quick summary

1. If it has been 30 days since your purchase then your only course of action is CPW refurb.
    2. CPW have confirmed to me, TCL do not allow CWP to repair the phone, so CPW have to send it back to TCL anyway.
    3. Your other option is to return it directly to @BlackBerry Mobile, however these jokers TAKE FOREVER to return PM's, answer phones or reply to email, so you may be waiting a while.
    4. Your chance of a refund is slim to none. You can try your Credit/Debit card company, however, when I spoke to AMEX they said they would require all sorts of paperwork.
    5. If you return it to @BlackBerry Mobile, CPW confirmed they will not enter into any further forms of exchange/warranty repair.

In my opinion, if you want a replacement device, you are stuck with the worst retailer, and the worst manufacturer for customer exp. (just my opinion and experience)

CPW stores in my experience do not care about BB or their customers. If you get in any trouble email the CEO , he is helping me with my refund (read my post later today for my final update)
    06-25-17 01:15 PM
    UPDATE:

After weeks (nearly 1 month) of being messed around, the CEO Office of CPW has finally issued a refund directly to my Debit Card. Even the dealings with the CEO Office were not smooth, initially I was told I would be getting a direct dial landline number so the I and the local store can speak to his office for help, however, it took 3 days to receive the email, (apparently it was sent, but I never received it).

I received the email on the same day my local store told me to come in pick up my £4,99GBP cash (the were unable to give me the cash 10 days earlier as they didn't have it in their shop till). This was the FIRST time anyone from my local store had called me, so I asked him, to check the notes on my account, as he attempted to do this he informed me someone had LOCKED my account, and even though he had the cash in the store, he wouldn't be able to take the phone as he would need my account unlocked to process the refund.

Anyway, one more email to the CEO Office, I suggested why couldn't they send me a FedEx box and refund me over the phone? took them 48 hours to reply (their excuse for not responding quicker was , the email reply I was looking for was sitting in someone's DRAFT folder)

Anyway, FINALLY the main case handler refunded me over the phone, and will be figuring out how they collect the phone from me later. The refund should appear in 5 working days. So Friday 30 June is the day I will get my money back), my account is still LOCKED so they have raised this with their IT team. My theory is the South African call centre is trying to cover their tracks.

In the mean time, I still have the KeyOne, I am still waiting to speak to a senior manger/representative from @BlackBerry Mobile (I would like my complaint handled by someone other than a technician)

So thank you all on CB for the PM's and Forum chat over the last month+, its been emotional, but you guys have kept me going. I too am keeping an eye out on other threads, this issue doesn't seem to be going away. GOOD LUCK to all KeyOne owners, hope your screens stay on. I will def buy the next KeyOne, but for now, I am sadly going back to an iPhone SE.
    06-25-17 01:32 PM
    For CPW Customers:

CEO of CarphoneWarehouse: Jeremy Fennell
    Email: [email protected]
    (I can confirm he personally reads these but his team responds)
    CEO Office Email: [email protected]
    CEO Office Telephone: 01772 375799

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE your time with their South African call centre, total liars and completely unprofessional, time wasters.

PLEASE DO NOT believe the store/managers, their OBJECTIVE is to fob you off, they simply do NOT want to do the paper work involved with refunds and returns. They told me themselves.
    06-25-17 01:36 PM
    BTW: They said the CEO Office are doing a complete investigation, and will be coming back to me with their findings and a token of good will. I told them I have spent 25 hours on phones and going to stores over the last month, I have been lied to, messed around and fobbed off, so will keep you posted with their idea of "good will"
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-25-17 01:38 PM
615 ... 2122232425