No updates from the OP? I assume he got his refund and booked!

I'm still here, still waiting for CPW to give me a refund. Still waiting for @BlackBerry Mobile to call me back. I had one email from BBM/TCL but nothing helpful.
    06-06-17 05:32 PM
    Now if this isn't the definition of pitiful customer service i dont know what is. It's almost as if they did you a favor by selling you a defective device.
    The_Q and raqball like this.
    06-06-17 05:44 PM
    Now if this isn't the definition of pitiful customer service i dont know what is. It's almost as if they did you a favor by selling you a defective device.

UPDATE: TCL/BB After 4 PM's on this forum, 2/3 telephone messages and 3 emails the agent who is handling my case FINALLY called me back this afternoon. His excuse for not calling me earlier and I quote " I didnt have the time "

BB/TCL Confirmed my suspicions the @BlackBerry Mobile user IS NOT in contact with BB/TCL (uk at least). The Agent did NOT know Crackberry was the OFFICIAL forum, and you can guess..... HE DOES NOT READ THIS SITE and DID NOT KNOW there were at least 8/9 screen lift/coming off issues.

Even though I cant not send BB/TCL the device (as I am currently in the middle of a returns war with CPW) BB/TCL proceeded to send me 2 returns forms.

1. From ALCATEL Phone repairs
    2. From Blackberry.com

You will love this one!! The agent then asked me to SEND HIM the Alcatel email as this should not have been sent.

YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS SH*T UP!!

CPW: Still made me wait on the phone for 1 hour, to tell me someone from my local store will call me back. Tried calling the local store, no-one is picking up.

THE DRAMA CONTINUES
    Uzi and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-07-17 08:23 AM
    Hey @The_Q

Does the UK have consumer complaints? Here in the US we have the BBB and State Attorney Generals who could help in a situation like yours. The BBB does not mess around and companies usually resolve matters quickly when a complaint is filed with them.

I don't know if the UK has something similar but it might be worth looking into..

Drop or not the phone appears to have been defective from the start and this has to be one of the worse cases of consumer abuse I have ever seen.

Lastly, some news stations here in the US do consumer horror stories.. Maybe contact local news media and see if they are interest in sharing your story.
    06-07-17 09:01 AM
    Hey @The_Q

Does the UK have consumer complaints? Here in the US we have the BBB and State Attorney Generals who could help in a situation like yours. The BBB does not mess around and companies usually resolve matters quickly when a complaint is filed with them.

I don't know if the UK has something similar but it might be worth looking into..

Drop or not the phone appears to have been defective from the start and this has to be one of the worse cases of consumer abuse I have ever seen.

Lastly, some news stations here in the US do consumer horror stories.. Maybe contact local news media and see if they are interest in sharing your story.

Hi @raqball

We have something called Trading Standards, they can help if all else fails. But their web advice is to exhaust all options before coming to them. Thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated.

We have national TV consumer show called BBC Watchdog which could pick this up, However, I am not one to do this. I would rather TCL and BB take us more seriously and actually give a toss about us loyal customers.
    06-07-17 09:56 AM
    Hi @raqball

We have something called Trading Standards, they can help if all else fails. But their web advice is to exhaust all options before coming to them. Thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated.

We have national TV consumer show called BBC Watchdog which could pick this up, However, I am not one to do this. I would rather TCL and BB take us more seriously and actually give a toss about us loyal customers.
    Well you've been at this for 2 weeks and in my opinion you've already went far above and beyond what any customer should have to...

There comes a time where enough is enough and the gloves need to come off to get their attention. I doubt BBMobile, TCL and CPW want their names getting blasted on the TV...

You are far kinder than I as I would have put them on full blast after a week or so.. I mean how much of your personal time have you already spent on this?

Either way, good luck!
    06-07-17 10:11 AM
    I assume that warranty replacement will also be pain the ***.
    06-07-17 10:18 AM
    it's diabolical. why are CPW taking so long. legally as the seller they should fulfill and consumer issues as your contract of sale is with them not blackberry. CPW are legally obliged to resolve this under the sales of goods act you are entitled to a refund or replacement as it's not fit for purpose. I would suggest contacting your local citizens advice bureau they will help you through this.
    06-07-17 10:19 AM
    I think consumer services is another source of help regarding these issues in the UK
    06-07-17 10:25 AM
    That is just to show how TCL/BBMo are.
    Not very convincing to buy their products
    06-07-17 01:39 PM
    That agent brings back memories of BB internal and external culture of old. Lol
    06-07-17 03:12 PM
    None of these YouTubers actually use the device for very long. Built like a tank means heavy, that's all.
    That's so true. The drops or clicks of death are gunshots to the head in the technology world. Some people seem to drop their phones without suffering a scratch. Then others lose their screen or camera lense. I just remember most YouTube reviewers saying that the KeyOne is "built like a tank." So, I will continue to hope for the best for my device, as well as all of yours.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-07-17 05:31 PM
    Exactly, that is the only solution. If one is to complain they better have a solution to the problem. He made us all aware but reality is we can't fix this for him. We advised OP what needs to be done and he is now in contact with BlackBerry Mobile. Done..
    Well, the possible issue is if they actually have any stock to replace it with, lol. Otherwise yes I agree, contact BB Mobile and get that RMA started ASAP...
    06-07-17 11:07 PM
    Welp, according to Zack Nelson from JerryRig, there is apparently no adhesive under the display.

That's actually pretty shocking.

Tim-ANC, jamesharmeling and The_Q like this.
    06-08-17 10:16 AM
    If that's true that's completely insane...
    06-08-17 10:37 AM
    Use a case. I got a cheap eBay case and am waiting for the official BlackBerry case in the mail. Its sooo much better looking without it but not using a case and screen protector is just silly. The Priv screen replacement was $300 and we may not see a KEYone replacement for months.
    06-08-17 10:39 AM
    I suspect they didn't use enough adhesive! There's quite a bit of adhesive used in securing part of the phone like the battery!
    06-08-17 10:42 AM
    Yeah, it's concerning.

I have it posted on Android Central as well. TCL needs to get in on resolving this.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/bl...ml#post5843226
    06-08-17 10:47 AM
    You should be able to see the adhesive residue if they used it... Quite easily too
    06-08-17 10:48 AM
    OP anyone who doubted you in here owes you an apology. This phone is a complete joke from a quality standpoint. My god how could they be so stupid as to not secure the display? A complete embarrassment.
    06-08-17 11:08 AM
    OP anyone who doubted you in here owes you an apology. This phone is a complete joke from a quality standpoint. My god how could they be so stupid as to not secure the display? A complete embarrassment.
    Not sure I expected much else from a budget phone manufacturer like TCL. Pricing it as a flagship was a cute move.
    The_Q likes this.
    06-08-17 11:23 AM
    I suspect they didn't use enough adhesive! There's quite a bit of adhesive used in securing part of the phone like the battery!
    Didn't use any adhesive and no screws either. At least in that batch. That vid is pretty damning.

I like that it held up quite well to other damage though.
    kbz1960 and The_Q like this.
    06-08-17 11:23 AM
    Not sure I expected much else from a budget phone manufacturer like TCL. Pricing it as a flagship was a cute move.
    I didn't know enough about them to judge how they made phones. But this is laughably bad.
    The_Q likes this.
    06-08-17 11:24 AM
    Without Crackberry Forums, I wouldn't have known how poor this phone actually is. So, cheers lads!

I've cancelled my K1 order. Maybe, I'm destined to stay with my Classic ffs
    06-08-17 11:34 AM
    Without Crackberry Forums, I wouldn't have known how poor this phone actually is. So, cheers lads!

I've cancelled my K1 order. Maybe, I'm destined to stay with my Classic ffs
    Just give up on the keyboard dream and buy a oneplus 5 for the same price and have it utterly destroy every other device out there. Seriously only one manufacturer can give us a proper pkb and the phone is an overpriced underspeced poorly built pile of garbage. I've waited years for this device and can't justify buying it at all.
    06-08-17 11:48 AM
615 ... 1516171819 ...