I appreciate the quality post, picture is fantastic, it makes me wonder if anyone else can simply, with a light tug, pull off the screen, has to be an adhesive failure, u either have screws or glue, if no screws it has to be glue application of some sort. Please post any serial number, mfc date or any thing that can id the batch/lot of phone.
    06-04-17 09:39 AM
    Disappointed? LOLOLOL

Welcome to BlackBerry. We've known how terrible they are for years.

BlackBerry didn't replace my PRIV or even communicate with me until I emailed the executive board even though I pay for BlackBerry Care.
    The apologists here will tell you that it's BB Mobile now so it's irrelevant. But clearly BB Mobile is full of fired RIM/BB people.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 09:44 AM
    First battle scars of my 4 day old keyone. I was upset at first but getting over it now. 3 foot drop out of my pocket onto stone driveway
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone screen has come off after small drop-20170604_111732.jpg   KEYone screen has come off after small drop-20170604_111713.jpg  
    The_Q likes this.
    06-04-17 10:26 AM
    Thanks James, I'm not sure what the CPW policy is but I doubt they will replace it. They'll prob try and repair. But will ring them tomorrow and find out
    Hey mate! Just seeing your post about the screen. I'm having the same issue As well and I bought my keyone from CPW, did they repaired you're phone or you got a new one? My screen is lifting off and I'm thinking to return it.
    06-04-17 11:17 AM
    Hey mate! Just seeing your post about the screen. I'm having the same issue As well and I bought my keyone from CPW, did they repaired you're phone or you got a new one? My screen is lifting off and I'm thinking to return it.
    Thinking? Loll

Just return it man!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-04-17 11:21 AM
    Interesting. This isn't the first thread on this subject. Did this phone not get adhesive between the screen and body? WTF?

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12901800

Like let's remind everyone here that Blackberry is charging near-flagship prices for this phone. $730CAD.
    Within this thread there was 3 and in that thread alone last time I checked there is 7.

This thread here though was the first to report the screen falling out.

And it's more like $800 cad with taxes
    06-04-17 11:26 AM
    Thinking? Loll

Just return it man!
    Haha I will contact them tomorrow and do so. Even Tho I had mine over a month now!
    Uzi likes this.
    06-04-17 11:51 AM
    Haha I will contact them tomorrow and do so. Even Tho I had mine over a month now!
    Number 8 with screen lift issue
    06-04-17 11:53 AM
    Hi Rashy

Some pointers for you, if you read the complete post you will see somewhere a UK Freephone number for BBM/TCL UK. Its actually an inadequately manned call centre in
    Bucharest. BBM/TCL offered to send me a replacement, so if you want a quick replacement they are probably your best option, HOWEVER, you will also read that they are yet to return any of my calls.

Regarding CPW, again please read my previous posts for UK Consumer law stuff but here are your options

1. If you take it back to a CPW store they will first offer to REPAIR your phone.
    2. Only, if they cant REPAIR you phone they will then replace it. Please note, they did not give me ANY lead times on replacements or repairs. That's why I opted for a refund.
    3. If you purchased the phone within the last 30 days you are fully within your rights as a UK consumer to ask for a refund, but you have to state you are returning it as a faulty/defective device, you cant return if you changed your mind.
    4. There is another member of UK CB member who managed to return without issues, so you may be lucky.

I am having these issues because of the lies they told me, and the fact they now cant figure out how to give me the money back because we are no outside the 30 window.

Please keep us updated on your experience. @BlackBerry Mobile are you reading this? Another one!
    PDAJAH likes this.
    06-04-17 02:09 PM
    Number 8 with screen lift issue
    The keeper of the numbers 😀

(You're up late usi!)
    06-04-17 02:12 PM
    Hey just saw this, so you could argue the fault was a factory issue and was always present and refer them to or show them the 8/9 cases on this forum as proof, you could still get a refund if you fight hard. One of my previous posts has a great WHICH Magazine article on your rights. Also they MoneySavingExpert has some great advice too.
    06-04-17 02:12 PM
    First battle scars of my 4 day old keyone. I was upset at first but getting over it now. 3 foot drop out of my pocket onto stone driveway
    At least your screen hasn't come off. BTW, I forgot to mention during my fun times with CPW they tried to blame the screen falling off as negligence on my side! This is AFTER their complaints dep had already authorised the refund. Complete JACKASSES!
    06-04-17 02:19 PM
    Hi Rashy

Some pointers for you, if you read the complete post you will see somewhere a UK Freephone number for BBM/TCL UK. Its actually an inadequately manned call centre in
    Bucharest. BBM/TCL offered to send me a replacement, so if you want a quick replacement they are probably your best option, HOWEVER, you will also read that they are yet to return any of my calls.

Regarding CPW, again please read my previous posts for UK Consumer law stuff but here are your options

1. If you take it back to a CPW store they will first offer to REPAIR your phone.
    2. Only, if they cant REPAIR you phone they will then replace it. Please note, they did not give me ANY lead times on replacements or repairs. That's why I opted for a refund.
    3. If you purchased the phone within the last 30 days you are fully within your rights as a UK consumer to ask for a refund, but you have to state you are returning it as a faulty/defective device, you cant return if you changed your mind.
    4. There is another member of UK CB member who managed to return without issues, so you may be lucky.

I am having these issues because of the lies they told me, and the fact they now cant figure out how to give me the money back because we are no outside the 30 window.

Please keep us updated on your experience. @BlackBerry Mobile are you reading this? Another one!
    Thanks for the advice mate, I won't need a refund I just need a replacement so I won't leave CPW tomorrow until they give me a replacement, I've never drop my phone from I've bought it plus it's in a hard case two days after I took it home. So I don't think I'll have any issue just need a different one before this one get worst and I'm stuck with it. By the way mate here's my BBM pin add me D8A0C428.
    06-04-17 02:37 PM
    if BlackBerry Mobile is offering you replacement you should get it! don't open that box and sale it, you can get your money back. this thread was BlackBerry mobile bashing and now it ending with CPW bashing. you should feel special BlackBerry mobile contacted you directly but they surely cannot interfere with their retailers

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Feel special? Lol!

Posted via Commodore 64
    The_Q likes this.
    06-04-17 02:54 PM
    Pretty much. Shattered a Passport display dropping it off my coffee table onto a hardwood floor but a Z10 I dropped on concrete was perfectly fine.

Sidenote: Interesting that there's not a whole lot going on behind the display. Seems like a lot of vacant space to me but maybe it's just the photo.
    Bla1ze
    From your experience, If there is no physical damage, no dents or dings or scratches from the drop, wouldn't this be covered under TCL warranty?? I think this is the real issue here, is he stuck with it?
    06-04-17 03:24 PM
    Bla1ze
    From your experience, If there is no physical damage, no dents or dings or scratches from the drop, wouldn't this be covered under TCL warranty?? I think this is the real issue here, is he stuck with it?
    Haven't read the whole thread. Pretty sure BlackBerry Mobile offered him a new one. But that said, if you own up to dropping it, it's not going to be covered by any company unless they're feeling nice. It doesn't really matter from how high or what the final outcome is... it was dropped.

It's why warranty is a bit of give and take anyway for any company anyway, they're placing trust that you won't abuse it and there's a tolerance level for little lies about what *exactly* happened lol. But at the same time, some companies are just jerks about it. In this case, it's up to the OP to prove the burden doesn't entirely fall on him (assuming he admitted to the small drop)... sure, it was dropped, but it wasn't put together right to begin with and should have withstood the minor fall... but I'm not judge here.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-04-17 03:29 PM
    Haven't read the whole thread. Pretty sure BlackBerry Mobile offered him a new one. But that said, if you own up to dropping it, it's not going to be covered by any company unless they're feeling nice. It doesn't really matter from how high or what the final outcome is... it was dropped. It's why warranty is a bit of give and take anyway for any company anyway, they're placing trust that you won't abuse it and there's a tolerance level for little lies about what *exactly* happened lol. But at the same time, some companies are just jerks about it.
    You are right BBM/TCL offered a replacement, but they are yet to call me back or contact me again, in the mean time its happened in 8 others, at least one of them UK, so I decided to get a refund, (keep an eye on CB) and repurchase once I know its not a common issue.

In UK Consumer law we are protected against defective devices, i.e. things that are unfit for purpose, I was able to prove to CPW that this device is unfit for purpose. i.e. I admitted the drop and inferred it should be able to handle a small drop.

EDIT: Also BBM/TCL admitted to me this should NOT have happened. I was initially impressed with their PM's and apology but not now @BlackBerry Mobile
    06-04-17 03:39 PM
    I was able to prove to CPW that this device is unfit for purpose. i.e. I admitted the drop and inferred it should be able to handle a small drop.
    Awesome, exactly as I thought. Glad you're getting it resolved one way or another.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-04-17 03:42 PM
    Hi. This happened to me as well! Have had the phone for a month. I remember dropping it from about 1-2 feet flat on it's back. All seemed fine until the next day I was on a call and the screen just "fell out". Called BlackBerry Mobile who said to freepost it to their UK repair depot for repair... Was definitely getting used to the phone but disappointing that this happened with all the hassle of repair, data transfer, re-setup, etc. Am back to the Passport for now, which is not a loss (!) - still better productivity if you don't rely on apps... (still not sure why they don't just replicated the BB10 hub in Android (account selection at bottom left vs. top, etc) but I digress...

In any case, a disappointment and hassle. Hope that is the last of the issues as it has taken me a significant investment in time to get the KeyOne set-up (customisation, etc) and I understand all those settings will not be transferred via Content Transfer, etc.
    06-04-17 04:02 PM
    Hi. This happened to me as well! Have had the phone for a month. I remember dropping it from about 1-2 feet flat on it's back. All seemed fine until the next day I was on a call and the screen just "fell out". Called BlackBerry Mobile who said to freepost it to their UK repair depot for repair... Was definitely getting used to the phone but disappointing that this happened with all the hassle of repair, data transfer, re-setup, etc. Am back to the Passport for now, which is not a loss (!) - still better productivity if you don't rely on apps... (still not sure why they don't just replicated the BB10 hub in Android (account selection at bottom left vs. top, etc) but I digress...

In any case, a disappointment and hassle. Hope that is the last of the issues as it has taken me a significant investment in time to get the KeyOne set-up (customisation, etc) and I understand all those settings will not be transferred via Content Transfer, etc.
    Soft or hard landing?
    06-04-17 04:05 PM

So is this No. 9 or 10? Should open an own BBM Channel or at least get a sub-forum here. Oh this could be really funny if it wasn't a lot of money and time from hardworking guys that is burned here cause of a lousy quality management for BlackBerry branded asian phones. Doesn't make me want to buy one, and I have a wobbly PRIV with creaking back-cover and kind of loose volume rockers.
    06-04-17 04:25 PM
    So is this No. 9 or 10? Should open an own BBM Channel or at least get a sub-forum here. Oh this could be really funny if it wasn't a lot of money and time from hardworking guys that is burned here cause of a lousy quality management for BlackBerry branded asian phones. Doesn't make me want to buy one, and I have a wobbly PRIV with creaking back-cover and kind of loose volume rockers.
    Nobody is burned, only inconvenienced which is not quite as dramatic. Within a few weeks their imperfect BlackBerry KEYone smartphones will be repaired or replaced or their purchase refunded.
    06-04-17 04:34 PM
    Hard, but not significant compared to anything the Passport, Z10, etc. would have taken with zero issues. (Otherwise, I do like the phone though and was really getting used to it - though, again, the Passport is a productivity machine - but I hope with some time I can make use of the all the shortcuts, etc the KeyOne has - but that takes time to learn/program in...). Anyway, hope they do not take too long sending a new one...
    06-04-17 04:42 PM
    I am staring at my keyone screen and I wonder if it has any glue on it.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-04-17 05:03 PM
    If you don't want to deal with the hassle it might be easier to just get a loca glue and uv kit and just fix it, since that is what they use anyways.

But if you don't trust yourself it's maybe not a good idea.
    06-04-17 05:05 PM
615 ... 1314151617 ...