Unfortunately, I am not on any type of Social Media (FB or Twitter etc). So its only phones and emails for me.

UPDATE:

Finally got through to BB UK on the Freephone number given to me by official BB. Sounded like it was a global call centre. If the call was recorded it will show the following events:

1. Logged the case. Name, email IMEI etc
    2. They offered a repair only
    3. I insisted on a refund
    4. After speaking to someone the chap said, replacement only and refund has to be done via CPW.
    5. I informed them that the PM from BB on this forum said they will try to help me with a refund.

Call ended with the guy saying he will raise this with his senior management and send me a confirmation email in 15 min which he did.

Even though BB is offering a replacement I will try and work with them to get a refund. Right now I am too upset with this whole experience to stay with this device, and before I get slated by the people who believe I am a fake or don't exist or have time and money to waste on making BB look bad, I ask you to see things if you were in my shoes. There is only so much "die hard" fans can take and unfortunately I have reached the end of my tether.
    @BlackBerry Mobile Further UPDATE:

I had a good chat with someone from TCL/Blackberry UK, the chap was very sympathetic and keen to get a replacement out to me, but I informed him that if I took BB up on their replacement I could not get the refund I am owed. TCL/Blackberry UK then said they would not be able to help me obtain a refund as they can not interfere with CPW policy. He suggested I take it back up with them. We agreed, I would not be accepting the BB replacement as I had to exhaust my options with CPW.

For @BlackBerry Mobile and anyone in the UK dealing with CPW please take a look at their website:

KEYone screen has come off after small drop-carphonewarehouse-website.jpg

I called customer complaints and was totally lied to by the two agents I spoke to. They did not or would not comprehend the word "RETURN" clearly stated on their website. I explained what happened in store:

1. They could not fix it there and then
    2. They did not have a replacement in stock
    3. The store lied about the replacement and said this is only possible within 28 days
    4. They offered to repair it only. With no estimates on repair times.

The agent agreed I was misinformed by my local store today, (the local store quoted a 28 day refund policy) where as the complaints agent said its a 30 policy but would not commit to a refund, only a repair. She then said, if I don't get back to the store today (within the 30 days) I will have no choice but to wait for the repair, as they will not replace automatically, they have to attempt a repair first.

After trying to help her understand the word RETURN we then decided to talk about UK consumer law, I tried to explain to her what my rights were and what her duty was, but it all fell on deaf ears.

For UK Consumer Law please read:

How to reject a faulty mobile phone and get your money back

During the 1 hour and 5mins on the phone with CPW, I even drove back to my local store to try and get the refund within the 30 day period but they had closed early due to the Bank Holiday.

@BlackBerry Mobile , you need to know one of your main resellers is totally and wilfully misleading me and maybe others when it comes to returning or repairing your products.

The CPW complaint ended with me being given an complaints number and being told the next level of escalation is to the Selfridges store??? I asked why, and was told only they will be able to resolve the issue. I have been given a window of 24-72 hours in order to get a response from the Selfridges store manager. I know @BlackBerry Mobile are itching to get their hands on this device, but you'll have to wait until
    05-29-17 02:05 PM
    False, the phone should withstand a few drops. For the screen to pop off shows a possible flaw in the glue/tape
    KEYone is supposed to be Passport's successor in terms of build quality. I am a very satisfied Passport owner. I have lost count of the number of times it fell from about 1 metre height (sometimes more) on to a hard floor. No dents, no scratches, no cracks, and no negative effect on performance. I hope that TCL have not compromised this aspec of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-29-17 02:17 PM

I had a good chat with someone from TCL/Blackberry UK, the chap was very sympathetic and keen to get a replacement out to me, but I informed him that if I took BB up on their replacement I could not get the refund I am owed. TCL/Blackberry UK then said they would not be able to help me obtain a refund as they can not interfere with CPW policy. He suggested I take it back up with them. We agreed, I would not be accepting the BB replacement as I had to exhaust my options with CPW.

For @BlackBerry Mobile and anyone in the UK dealing with CPW please take a look at their website:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarphoneWarehouse website.JPG 
Views:	411 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	424080

I called customer complaints and was totally lied to by the two agents I spoke to. They did not or would not comprehend the word "RETURN" clearly stated on their website. I explained what happened in store:

3. The store lied about the replacement and said this is only possible within 28 days

The agent agreed I was misinformed by my local store today, (the local store quoted a 28 day refund policy) where as the complaints agent said its a 30 policy but would not commit to a refund, only a repair. She then said, if I don't get back to the store today (within the 30 days) I will have no choice but to wait for the repair, as they will not replace automatically, they have to attempt a repair first.

After trying to help her understand the word RETURN we then decided to talk about UK consumer law, I tried to explain to her what my rights were and what her duty was, but it all fell on deaf ears.

During the 1 hour and 5mins on the phone with CPW, I even drove back to my local store to try and get the refund within the 30 day period but they had closed early due to the Bank Holiday.

@BlackBerry Mobile , you need to know one of your main resellers is totally and wilfully misleading me and maybe others when it comes to returning or repairing your products.

The CPW complaint ended with me being given an complaints number and being told the next level of escalation is to the Selfridges store??? I asked why, and was told only they will be able to resolve the issue. I have been given a window of 24-72 hours in order to get a response from the Selfridges store manager. I know @BlackBerry Mobile are itching to get their hands on this device, but you'll have to wait until
    What a nightmare! I hope this horror is solved very soon.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 02:30 PM
    Such a nightmare. I'll wait patiently for amazon to have them in stock for easy return. I wonder if TCL has US warranty department. Amazon does not repair.
    05-29-17 02:44 PM
    Reaching out via PM to better understand this occurrence. We look forward to learning more and working together on a suitable resolution.
    Very good approach! At least somebody there to care.
    05-29-17 04:52 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarphoneWarehouse website.JPG 
Views:	411 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	424080

You are taking it too far now! Settle at something reasonable
    05-29-17 04:55 PM
    No they're not 'taking it too far now', their holiday long weekend has been spent trying to sort this out, in a time frame set by the phone seller. An incorrect time frame period, now corrected through the diligence of the OP.

The OP is frustrated and upset, and been given a hard time by some in this thread re the 'reality' of the event etc

OP, I'm thankful you started this thread, kept us informed and alerted us to this issue, thank you 😀
    Last edited by Heavens1; 05-29-17 at 06:31 PM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-29-17 05:25 PM
    Am I the first person in the world this has happened too? @BlackBerry Mobile very disappointing. I feel so let down

The phone was dropped during a call onto the centre console in my car. Didn't even fall that far.
    Luckily I was able to continue to call.

BUT VERY angry at build quality.
    I'm calling on this. There's nothing inside the phone but empty space
    05-29-17 05:31 PM
    I'm calling on this. There's nothing inside the phone but empty space
    Because everything is behind the plates
    05-29-17 05:35 PM
    Such a nightmare. I'll wait patiently for amazon to have them in stock for easy return. I wonder if TCL has US warranty department. Amazon does not repair.
    Nope they don't. They're amazing though. No hassle 30 day return period but they do not process warranties. During the DR period you would get stuck in loophole hell with both parties redirecting you back and forth lolll.

BlackBerry doesn't warranty anything not purchased directly from them and some retailers such as amazon direct you back to the manufacturer. Pretty stupid but said company doesn't sell phones anymore so we see where that went.

I hope TCL isn't the same way.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-29-17 05:39 PM
    Nope they don't. They're amazing though. No hassle 30 day return period but they do not process warranties. During the DR period you would get stuck in loophole hell with both parties redirecting you back and forth lolll.

BlackBerry doesn't warranty anything not purchased directly from them and some retailers such as amazon direct you back to the manufacturer. Pretty stupid but said company doesn't sell phones anymore so we see where that went.
    What then after the 30 days period? One is stuck with a $700.00 CDN phone that might not work for some reasons
    05-29-17 05:43 PM
    What then after the 30 days period? One is stuck with a $700.00 CDN phone that might not work for some reasons
    Look it up on google and see what you find loll

This was when BlackBerry and DR ran the show.

Most people get their phones from a carrier so I guess that worked out for most because you just file a warranty claim through the carrier.

A lot of 3rd party resellers however, amazon included, send you back to the manufacturer. And BlackBerry send you back to the retailers. Hence you're SOL.

That was then, not sure how TCL will be.
    05-29-17 05:52 PM

Most people get their phones from a carrier so I guess that worked out for most because you just file a warranty claim through the carrier.

A lot of 3rd party resellers however, amazon included, send you back to the manufacturer. And BlackBerry send you back to the retailers. Hence you're SOL.

Probably the same.
    Anyway it is a gamble to buy from Amazon.
    What about Bestbuy?
    Do they do repaired?
    05-29-17 05:55 PM
    @BB_PP UK Consumer law is there to protect consumers like me. BB/TCL sold a faulty product. I am well within my rights to obtain a refund. Why should I settle?
    05-29-17 06:02 PM
    No they're not 'taking it too far now', their holiday long weekend has been spent trying to sort this out, in a time frame set by the phone seller. An incorrect time frame period, now corrected through the diligence of the OP.

The OP is frustrated and upset, and been given a hard time by some in this thread re the 'reality' of the event etc

OP, I'm thankful you started this thread, keep us informed and alerted us to this issue, thank you ������
    @Heavens1 Thank you very much. Will continue until the digital lynch mob throw me out.
    05-29-17 06:03 PM
    @Heavens1 Thank you very much. Will continue until the digital lynch mob throw me out.
    How long did you have it when the disaster happened?
    05-29-17 06:06 PM
    How long did you have it when the disaster happened?
    Purchased from Selfridges London on Saturday 29th April, the screen fell off after the small fall on Friday 26 May.
    05-29-17 06:09 PM

I hope blackberry mobile has repair department here in U.S. I don't want to ship my Keyone to TCL headquarter in Hongkong. I am from California and most of chinese manufacturers are here in California for easy exchange.
    05-29-17 06:11 PM
    Purchased from Selfridges London on Saturday 29th April, the screen fell off after the small fall on Friday 26 May.
    Ole, almost a month
    05-29-17 06:22 PM
    I hope blackberry mobile has repair department here in U.S. I don't want to ship my Keyone to TCL headquarter in Hongkong. I am from California and most of chinese manufacturers are here in California for easy exchange.
    Wouldn't it be listed on their web if such thing exist
    05-29-17 06:23 PM
    The USA and Canada web of tcl has a phone listed for support under the name of Blackberry only
    05-29-17 06:27 PM
    Definitely a flaw with that particular unit perhaps. No other reports from anyone experiencing such the same occurrence. OP needs to explore warranty options first, we can't help here... not yet anyway! I highly doubt that this is a systemic issue.

Buy a Harley Davidson and the rear view mirrors will probably fall off before getting off the lot LOL.
    Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    Sorry but how can you say it's not a systemic issue, when the phone for all intents and purposes hasn't even been released yet????
    05-29-17 07:09 PM
    Sorry but how can you say it's not a systemic issue, when the phone for all intents and purposes hasn't even been released yet????
    Reread my post, "highly doubt"...

By any chance do you have a Harley? :-)

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    05-29-17 08:00 PM
    @BB_PP UK Consumer law is there to protect consumers like me. BB/TCL sold a faulty product. I am well within my rights to obtain a refund. Why should I settle?
    Isn't asking for a refund within 30 days reasonable?

You're not required to have a pos product repaired if it was clearly a manufacturering defect, return it and be done with it.

The odds are high you'll be entering into a world of headache if you try and repair it. You already have this much trouble just trying to get a refund on a phone under 30 days old....
    05-29-17 08:24 PM
    Time to get a replacement from BlackBerry Mobile as offered since you didn't try to return to CPW prior to 30 days. A poster actually posted that here 4-5 days ago.
    If you got it from CPW within 30 days you are entitled to a refund or exchange if it's faulty.
    Regardless, if there is any doubt of getting refund at least get a new KEYone from BlackBerry Mobile as offered.
    Would your credit card cover the purchase?
    05-29-17 08:28 PM
615 ... 7891011 ...