Gravity...
    Yes, but gravity only works if you let go. 😉

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    05-28-17 08:33 AM
    Accident
    05-28-17 08:36 AM
    I hope one day you get a defective device and you come to tell people about it and some jackass calls you out for your "alleged" and "fishy" defect. Seriously, how can you be this defensive about a brand?

Posted via CB10
    If you read the rest of my posts in this thread you would have noticed I acknowledged this after further pictures and suggested you return it to CPW within the 30 days. Hopefully you did ??? It seems this has not happened to anyone else with their KEYone yet but I assure you it can and has happened to many manufacturers, even Apple and Samsung.
    05-28-17 08:48 AM
    Pretty much. Shattered a Passport display dropping it off my coffee table onto a hardwood floor but a Z10 I dropped on concrete was perfectly fine.

Sidenote: Interesting that there's not a whole lot going on behind the display. Seems like a lot of vacant space to me but maybe it's just the photo.
    And I dropped my Passport from four feet onto asphalt and only had two tiny scratches.
    05-28-17 09:45 AM
    And I dropped my PP face first onto asphalt and only two small scratches on the screen.
    05-28-17 09:46 AM
    Attachment 423941

For all those who believe this is an "alleged" story or I am faking it, attached are the pics I took, when taping the screen back into place it has stopped working.

Shots show I haven't been throwing the phone around. Light use at best.
    Send it back and get a new one ,why are we going on about this lol
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-17 09:52 AM
    To keep as a reminder that the screen fall off....Lol
    05-28-17 09:59 AM
    Many moons ago, bb9xxx days, the sticker of "made in canada" bb handsets's resale value was higher than "made in xxxxx-mexico, Hungary, or China etc. " if my memory still serve me right.
    Those that made from from Mexico, Hungary, or China were early production for those countries. All keyone is made in china and it's first batches. Also, i have both passport from canada and mexico lol.
    05-28-17 10:24 AM
    This is quite shocking!

Hope this is not a widespread issue though. I'd be so pissed if my phone fell apart like that after one little fall in a damn car for that matter.

Hope this gets sorted without too much hassle on your side OP, it would be truly unfair.

The last time I had similar issue is when my Sony Ericsson W900i Walkman Phone had a screen lift issue that my network sorted out as the phone was branded by them, this was long ago, back in 2006.

All the best OP, let us know what the outcome is.
    05-28-17 10:46 AM
    If you read the rest of my posts in this thread you would have noticed I acknowledged this after further pictures and suggested you return it to CPW within the 30 days. Hopefully you did ??? It seems this has not happened to anyone else with their KEYone yet but I assure you it can and has happened to many manufacturers, even Apple and Samsung.
    I did read your posts. I saw you call the OP a liar in 2 separate posts and then in one tell people to stop overreacting and just return the phone. This is a forum, people are supposed to discuss their reactions because they're more than just the casual cell phone buyer.

Also, no one is bringing up Apple and Samsung. Why do you keep bringing them up and getting defensive about it? The OP is not saying "My K1 sucks, BB Mobile sucks, I'm going to get an Samsung!!!" All he's doing is just saying he's disappointed.
    krazyatom, MikeX74 and LaMach like this.
    05-28-17 11:44 AM
    Am I the first person in the world this has happened too? @BlackBerry Mobile very disappointing. I feel so let down

The phone was dropped during a call onto the centre console in my car. Didn't even fall that far.
    Luckily I was able to continue to call.

BUT VERY angry at build quality.
    Wow, this is crazy. What's the update to the phone now?
    05-28-17 11:50 AM
    I did read your posts. I saw you call the OP a liar in 2 separate posts and then in one tell people to stop overreacting and just return the phone. This is a forum, people are supposed to discuss their reactions because they're more than just the casual cell phone buyer.

Also, no one is bringing up Apple and Samsung. Why do you keep bringing them up and getting defensive about it? The OP is not saying "My K1 sucks, BB Mobile sucks, I'm going to get an Samsung!!!" All he's doing is just saying he's disappointed.
    Easy there, I never called him a liar so don't even go there. I said it looks fishy after the first photo as did many of us. I then acknowledged after further pictures he most likely is right and to just return it for new one asap. But here you are trying to bait me into an argument and put words into my mouth.
    This so far is a one off problem and in my opinion because of that getting way too much attention. If you want to keep beating a dead horse then go for it.
    The only solution is to return it if that has not happened already.
    05-28-17 12:02 PM
    My experience has been just the opposite. I've very rarely owned a BlackBerry (since '08, and I've owned them all since then!) that has had any of the issues I've read about all these years. Considering that most people ONLY post if they DO have an issue, it can seem overwhelming at times. Years ago I did a search on other forums for other types of phones and saw pretty much the same stuff.
    Not sure why some people are still not aware of that phenomenon that people are more likely to comment in a forum or vote in a poll when things do not go right with their device versus if everything just worked...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-28-17 12:03 PM
    Exactly, that is the only solution. If one is to complain they better have a solution to the problem. He made us all aware but reality is we can't fix this for him. We advised OP what needs to be done and he is now in contact with BlackBerry Mobile. Done..
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-28-17 at 12:24 PM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-28-17 12:04 PM
    Frankly I think this is a good sign meaning it's easy to replace the display if need be. Well, as long as the adhesive isn't misapplied as it seemed to be here.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-28-17 12:11 PM
    Frankly I think this is a good sign meaning it's easy to replace the display if need be. Well, as long as the adhesive isn't misapplied as it seemed to be here.
    I agree. I am happy that priv and keyone are super easy to replace the screen. This thread is very helpful. Thanks OP.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-28-17 12:22 PM
    Am I the first person in the world this has happened too? @BlackBerry Mobile very disappointing. I feel so let down

The phone was dropped during a call onto the centre console in my car. Didn't even fall that far.
    Luckily I was able to continue to call.

BUT VERY angry at build quality.
    This can happen to any device every launch has issues it's 6 months after launch you find out what the real issues are.
    05-28-17 12:39 PM
    Hello The_Q. Please contact BlackBerry Mobile support hotline for an immediate solution on your encounter: United Kingdom 08000260729 9:00-21:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed ).
    Dear BB Support

I tried the UK number on Saturday and contrary to your post they were closed yesterday (Saturday). @BlackBerry Mobile have said in a PM that they will arrange a replacement.

I didn't have the device in my possession this weekend, but I thought I'd go to a CPW store today to see what my options were and they said the following.

1. We didn't even know BB made phones anymore
    2. They then proceeded to quote their website "if we can't fix it there and then, you'll be eligible for a return, exchange or repair"

BUT....after, finding my account I was also told the following which, had I not know I am eligible for a replacement, would have made this situation worse.

3. Because I purchased the phone on 27th April, and came into the CPW store today (28th) I have no recourse for a refund or exchange, only a repair. He also, said he wouldn't know how long it would take for a repair as they don't sell/repair many BB's
    4. The chap was convinced I would be better off not buying BB anymore
    5. With regards to getting a refund, he was quoting some sort of 14 day refund/exchange policy which confused me a little and didn't make sense.
    6. The chap was also eluding to having more "cover" if I hadn't purchased it as SIM free. In all a rather confusing visit.

Either way, I left the store, convinced TCL have not done enough to educate their resellers. Just as a test, I went to a Vodafone store, they too had no clue BB had a new phone.

I know this post is slightly of topic, but just sharing my experience with UK retailers of KeyOne.
    Out of interest what are my official rights in this situation?
    krazyatom and anon(3641385) like this.
    05-28-17 05:29 PM
    Not good encountered.
    Can't wait to see their reply
    05-28-17 05:37 PM
    Sorry to hear that OP. I would buy it from amazon only because amazon return is awesome at least in US.
    05-28-17 05:40 PM
    There is a reason the phone comes with warranty. send it in get it fixed/replaced and move on.
    You did mention that YOU dropped it.
    05-28-17 05:41 PM
    There is a reason the phone comes with warranty. send it in get it fixed/replaced and move on.
    You did mention that YOU dropped it.
    If a phone cannot withstand a small soft drop. It is not a good phone
    05-28-17 05:43 PM
    Amazon is a country itself and works more or less the same worldwide. Nice!
    05-28-17 05:46 PM
    If a phone cannot withstand a small soft drop. It is not a good phone

Thank you, for £499 I expected more, I expected the phone to handle a small drop, I expected the retailer to know they actually sell this phone, I expect the retailer to understand this particular handset was always faulty and give me the full option of a refund.
    Alain_A likes this.
    05-28-17 06:06 PM
    Sorry to hear that OP. I would buy it from amazon only because amazon return is awesome at least in US.
    I agree, but I was too excited, and couldn't wait for my pre-order to arrive so I went to the launch store.
    05-28-17 06:08 PM
615 ... 45678 ...