Ive been reading lots of posts about key1 falling off after 1 year and I just recently joined the one year club today -__- I bought my phone July 2017 though so I kinda survive 1+ year. May I know what is the best solution in it? Will blackberry replace it or do I just send it to a repair shop and make them put adhesive on it? Thankss because i'm kinda scared to fix / glue it myself eh.
    09-26-18 08:59 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Mobile and see what they say. - https://blackberrymobile.com/hotline...ervice-center/
    09-26-18 09:45 PM
    Contact BlackBerry Mobile and see what they say. - https://blackberrymobile.com/hotline...ervice-center/
    ^This. My screen fell off after the year warranty expired, and they were extremely helpful. If you have the means, I recommend the advanced repair, where they send you a new/refurbished device and you send them your damaged one. They'll need a credit card to secure the transaction, and your existing device shouldn't have any other physical or water damage. I'm sure regular wear and tear won't exclude your phone from the service, but mine lived in a case and was scratch and damage free, so there was absolutely no issue with the exchange whatsoever.

Good luck!
    09-26-18 09:49 PM
    Ive been reading lots of posts about key1 falling off after 1 year and I just recently joined the one year club today -__- I bought my phone July 2017 though so I kinda survive 1+ year. May I know what is the best solution in it? Will blackberry replace it or do I just send it to a repair shop and make them put adhesive on it? Thankss because i'm kinda scared to fix / glue it myself eh.
    Some folks have used local cell repair shops and it was not very expensive.
    09-27-18 10:25 PM
    I have 3 pieces of duct tape holding the screen in... the top 2 blend well with the silver case... it's just that at my age, life is a never-ending series of temporary fixes likely to last a lifetime... MDR
    09-27-18 11:17 PM
    OP, what is the PRD#? I have mine since june last year.. worry that the screen will fall off even after 1 year..
    10-02-18 02:36 AM
    Stuck mine back with Tiger glue it's fine brought off ebay so couldn't send it back
    10-02-18 03:45 AM
    I'm done; advanced repair worked fine and no temporary or other charge was ever applied. the new appearing phone of same PRD with Oreo works fine. they were quick, shipping was free bidirectionally. many good pieces of advice about this process gleaned here on Crackberry...thanks for the support. looks like I'm back in business for a while while I wait for the Priv² to be announced (MDR) !!😕
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    11-02-18 01:06 PM
    Sadly I too have joined the 1 year club The company I bought the phone from here in Australia in July last year no longer exists and the 'official' Blackberry support site has not responded to my email. Now my phone randomly switches itself off ....beyond frustrated because I am not so tech savvy.
    11-03-18 06:52 PM
    Sadly I too have joined the 1 year club The company I bought the phone from here in Australia in July last year no longer exists and the 'official' Blackberry support site has not responded to my email. Now my phone randomly switches itself off ....beyond frustrated because I am not so tech savvy.
    Have you tried:

Australia
    1-800-53-1562
    09:00-17:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)
    11-03-18 10:51 PM
    Yes, I finally got through today. The number diverts to a centre in Mexico. The guy who took my call sounded confused and unsure why I should be ringing from Australia. He created a case number for my problems: front screen loose, back cover popped off and can't be secured and my phone still shuts down at around 50%, running down the battery at record speed! He said he will email me and I have to provide an IMEI number. His email still hasn't come through. BTW I did a factory reset and that has fixed the phone wanting to shut down all the time, but it still will turn off around 50%. I can't discharge the battery because it never lasts that long! Thanks for your suggestion.
    11-04-18 08:23 PM
    I wrote about this somewhere on this forum and my experience was the same as yours. They were very good with resolving this using this method of exchange. Only grief I had was finding the proof of purchase
    11-17-18 06:43 PM