Probably around 5000 to 10,000 units sold.

Posted via CB10
    Must be more than that surely?
    Remember that the initial batch of 700 sent to Selfridges pretty much sold out on the first day and it was then a week or so until it was rolled out across the UK to CPW stores.
    And one salesman in a London store told me a business customer had bought 400 units. (No reason for him to lie to me.)

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 03:17 PM
    BB10 devices sold better.
    they got much more marketing also
    07-16-17 03:25 PM
    It cannot be many. I've traveled a bunch the last 30 days. Across the country and back, twice, and not once did I see a K1 in an Airport, a Plane, a restaurant, anywhere. Disappointing. In that month, I had 3 people ask me about my phone. That is it, 3. The Crackberry meet-ups didn't look like 100's of people. Looked like small groups.
    07-16-17 03:32 PM
    they got much more marketing also
    Did they? I don't remember any marketing campaign for bb10 devices... :-(
    07-16-17 04:20 PM
    I atleast thought so.. atleast I think the launch was bigger but I don't really know
    07-16-17 04:57 PM
    he number of unique users who have ever installed this app. We only count one install regardless of how many different devices they installed it on. It includes the users who have later uninstalled the app."
    Preinstalled apps dont show up in the download numbers UNTIL the user updates it for the first time. Then its counted for that users account.
    mister2d likes this.
    07-16-17 05:00 PM
    I remember they ran endless (albeit terrible) commercials for the Z10. Not much after that.
    07-16-17 05:13 PM
    I love how someone posts - 10.000 or less. are you guys for real?
    Selfridges 1st batch was 700 or 1000 alone - been sold out in a day or two
    Hell, even KEYone Delta test group has 30 already + TCL employees
    be serious, come one
    There were limited supply. OK. But no one ever would launch the production line for something like 10.000 or so devices it takes much less than a day, on the line, to make a phone.
    so think about it. they make hundreds/thousands phones a day in a factory
    07-17-17 02:12 AM
    Regarding marketing etc, remember they were also sponsoring the Mercedes Formula 1 team until late 2015, so that would have been general marketing for the BB10 range.
    Always looked good when Lewis Hamilton stood on the podium with the BlackBerry logo on his driving suit. (Not so good when he was snapped using his iPhone.)
    07-17-17 04:20 AM
    Because this launch has been pretty much like every BlackBerry launch in the past few years.
    It's just a novelty phone at this point. I would guess about 100k were sold

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 06:29 AM
    Hundreds sold! At least hundreds, I tell you! All to Crackberry posters.
    07-17-17 07:41 AM
    It's just a novelty phone at this point. I would guess about 100k were sold

Posted via CB10
    I think thats probably a fair assessment. The problem now is that the KEYone is out of the honeymoon phase of "look at this new phone from BlackBerry!! Its great!!" Now its just "Oh yeah, BlackBerry has another keyboard phone." Too many other phones coming out that people will turn their attention too. In my opinion, TCL had a decent window to get this phone out and make some decent sales with it, but they blew it.
    ray689 likes this.
    07-17-17 07:44 AM
    About 1.5 billion smartphones were sold in 2016. It's difficult to estimate BlackBerry sales since their market share is so miniscule. About 200,000 BB OS phones were sold in Q4 alone. That doesn't include Priv, which would be lumped into Android. The link below has good numbers for 2016, but impossible to deduce how the KeyONE would be doing without taking large leaps.

http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3609817

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 11:39 AM
    so any actual figures?
    07-17-17 05:21 PM
    so any actual figures?
    There aren't likely to ever be official figures released.

My own estimate, as I've explained in other threads, is about 20,000 to this point, though I predict that will rise to as much as 100,000 by the end of the year, but at that point, I expect demand to be just a tiny trickle. With ANY phone, the bulk of the demand comes in the first 2 quarters from its release date.
    07-17-17 07:04 PM
    At least one sold. I'm 100% positive of this.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-17-17 09:30 PM
    The K1 Launch was quite pathetic and continues in the same vain. Sad there is no REAL traction with this potentially awesome device. It should have, and could have, been a home run hit with the right marketing people in charge. Maybe the next release?

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100-3 / 10.3.3.1463
    07-17-17 10:19 PM
    The K1 Launch was quite pathetic and continues in the same vain. Sad there is no REAL traction with this potentially awesome device. It should have, and could have, been a home run hit with the right marketing people in charge. Maybe the next release?

If these guys have screwed up the release of the KeyOne as you state, what makes you think they will do any better with the "next release"?
    07-18-17 06:12 AM
    If these guys have screwed up the release of the KeyOne as you state, what makes you think they will do any better with the "next release"?
    At this point of mediocrity, your guess is as good as anyone else's. The beauty of the future? Anything can happen...like the character "JP"in the 1994 production of "Angels in the Outfield" ... "It could happen"!

07-18-17 11:42 AM
    I might have my wife pick this up for me for Christmas. If they had it at Best Buy---I would have held it and bought it---but it's hard to generate excitement for something you can't touch. I don't know why they just don't give Best Buy and Wal-Mart 10 for each store on spec and wait 90 days to sell or return it. This would take the risk of stocking it.
    09-22-17 11:57 AM
    Honestly I don't think anyone should expect that they've sold many at all. I would think maybe several thousand.
    Ya it sold so poorly they decided the not release the black version of the keyone. Ohhhhhhh wait that's wrong lol they wouldn't be releasing another version of a non selling phone man
    09-22-17 12:27 PM
    Ya it sold so poorly they decided the not release the black version of the keyone. Ohhhhhhh wait that's wrong lol they wouldn't be releasing another version of a non selling phone man
    Yeah, makes sense. All the BB10 phones that were produced sold so well and that’s why they kept making more devices after the massive success of the Z10 ������
    09-22-17 01:23 PM
    I might have my wife pick this up for me for Christmas. If they had it at Best Buy---I would have held it and bought it---but it's hard to generate excitement for something you can't touch. I don't know why they just don't give Best Buy and Wal-Mart 10 for each store on spec and wait 90 days to sell or return it. This would take the risk of stocking it.
    Hey probably tried. But shelve space cost money and BB probably couldn’t afford it
    09-22-17 01:29 PM
    Yeah, makes sense. All the BB10 phones that were produced sold so well and that’s why they kept making more devices after the massive success of the Z10 🙄
    Ya but they tried to diversify n go back to the keyboard n basic ppl got scared of the new OS.

It's different now. This one's a hit. Deal with it lol
    09-22-17 01:36 PM
    Ya but they tried to diversify n go back to the keyboard n basic ppl got scared of the new OS.

It's different now. This one's a hit. Deal with it lol
    I’m not saying it isn’t. I just don’t think it’s sold much, but they most likely weren’t expecting it to sell much.

And you could look at the Black version as a way of them saying “How can we sell more of a phone that isn’t selling? Let’s change the color and pretend the first version didn’t happen.”
    09-22-17 01:42 PM
52 123