I'm a big fan since BlackBerry invite me for a preview on the Z10 and BlackBerry OS 10 and i love the os and had the same feeling how it could grow like I had testing Android 1 .x in the past . I started with Android 1.4.

I also started quick some BBM groups international and region with BlackBerry users, fans and fanatics and I run a blogspot with BlackBerry newsand filled forums with threads about BB10 devices.

but oke. my thread.

The Keyone is a nice and impressing device in battery and camera but missing that extra storage, ram and stereo speakers and still they announced the device for 599,00 euro and that should be fine if the device was sold late 2016 or early 2017. I can live without these extra's and yes I like to pay some more.

Now there are more and more device that came out in march,april and future device with same or better specs with half the price. It's possible only because hardware prices are lesser then before and still the price for the KEYoneis € 599,00 euro. Also the difference between DTEK50/60 compared with alcatel brothers was around 100 euro at launch, so this confuss me and other people also it seems.

So why this threat.

I find out that lot of bbm chat,forums and on my blogspot are willing to buy the device when it was announced but the waiting and the ongoing lower prices of new devices sharing the same specs with the KEYone breaks up. I see more and more people buying new devices and are done with BlackBerry and the KEYone. I also read positve stuff from old bb users are suprised to see this device ,so new users?

I really wanted this device and my wife almost bought me one, but at the moment the excitment is not there anymore and thinking to wait for the next device, but I also thinking to buy another device for the time being. I also find the price after almost 6 months not right and with all other people buying an another device I feel the device sales could be a disapointment for TCL.

what I hear and follow are summed up here under

first : to early announcement and excitment seems to fade away
    second : long wait and no word from TCL/BlackBerryMobile.com
    thirth : stock and delivery problems
    fourth : New devices with same specs /better specs going cheaper and cheaper
    fifth : price
    sitxh : prospects ,old bb users find the device intresting

What is your opinion reading all message's in this forum from people to think to buy another device then the KEYone or your bbm group. Will the KEYone will have low sales at the end and what should TCL do to make a succes.

p.s. I hope for some great sales and lots of new users and old bb users finding there way back to this device. I also love the great positve reviews.
    Last edited by whatsever; 05-09-17 at 03:37 PM.
    05-09-17 03:02 PM
    There's no "could be" about it. Sales of KEYone will be low relative to other devices. It's a niche device. Anyone who doesn't care about the pkb will simply buy a slab. Those who do want a pkb...well, they don't have very many other worthy options, now do they?
    05-09-17 03:09 PM
    I am going to buy the phone!! Still excited, and I am not worried about the wait.
    05-09-17 03:18 PM
    Another thought.... anyone who changed their mind about buying the KEYone, probably was looking for reasons to not buy it.

When it gets released here in the US, we will see how many excited KEYone owners waited for it.
    05-09-17 03:22 PM
    great to here but what if it not sell well becasue of the delay, price etc.
    05-09-17 03:23 PM
    Another thought.... anyone who changed their mind about buying the KEYone, probably was looking for reasons to not buy it.

When it gets released here in the US, we will see how many excited KEYone owners waited for it.
    I hope it will be a nice succes but all mixed reads and what i hear is that also blackberry users are move away. I also must admit I hear people who are old blackberry users like the device.
    05-09-17 03:25 PM
    Playing devil's advocate, they will want to attract anyone interested in a PKB phone and possibly the best way to do that is price the thing aggressively.

If you are a user who would quite like a PKB but not at any cost, then of course you're going to be tempted by cheaper devices with better specs - and obviously the same operating system in Android.

I think the danger is that it will be the law of diminishing returns. With each new release - and ever increasing competition - the number of users who insist on a PKB drops so therefore each new device sells less.

Actually don't think KEYone will sell less than Priv or Classic but understand why some people are frustrated.

Personally, I'm looking forward to buying one but at £500 it will not be until my current carrier contract ends early next year (and I'll be amazed if I have to pay £500 by then).

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 03:28 PM
    The negativity surrounding this device is absolutely crazy! For a site like CrackBerry, I'm honestly surprised at all the whining going on.

Look, people are free to discuss their opinions as to why or why not this is a good device, but do we really need all these threads discussing the exact same thing?

As for price, anyone who didn't expect this to come at a premium price was simply kidding themselves. BlackBerry has never priced their "premium" devices very well, and there was really nothing to suggest this would change with the KEYone. If you want affordable, go with the DTEK50/60. If you want a phone with awesome battery life and is designed as a productivity machine, get the KEYone.

No, it won't sell as well as a lot of other smartphones, but that's also why BlackBerry isn't making their own handsets anymore. They realize it's a niche market and the KEYone isn't going to change that.
    05-09-17 03:28 PM
    I know its been said, but it my opinion its all about marketing.
    A few tweets will not get the job done.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-09-17 03:30 PM
    05-09-17 03:49 PM
    More blah blah in a sea of blah blah. How about you actually get the device, try it and then report.....wait don't bother the result would probably be the same anyways.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-09-17 03:50 PM
    Mixed reads from bb users and there thoughts and yes I like to hear what other hear in bbm groups or in forums and what there opinion is in this matter.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 04:12 PM
    great to here but what if it not sell well becasue of the delay, price etc.
    I think those are fake reasons. If I want a BlackBerry, I will not care about the delay or the price, as my Passport was even more money than the KEYone.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    05-09-17 04:15 PM
    People like to come on CrackBerry for some reason to hate on BlackBerry phones. I don't care about marketing, the delay, or the price.

And... I'm not going to Android Central to spam their forum redundantly saying I don't want to buy the Pixel or the S8.... I just don't have free time to do that.
    05-09-17 04:19 PM
    I had my second passport se for a real deal with blackberry. I got 300 euro for my old passport in trade up programme. So I paid with a discount code around 200 euro. So thanks again BlackBerry.

I think will rock on my passport and decide what I will do when it's available in my country.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 04:20 PM
    The negativity surrounding this device is absolutely crazy! For a site like CrackBerry, I'm honestly surprised at all the whining going on.
    You haven't been a member if you're surprised at all the whining going on
    laketrout73 and keyboardweeb like this.
    05-09-17 04:32 PM
    I agree, but it's always like that with every device. But with the delay it's going extend.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 04:42 PM
    Sadly I'm in the US with my brother for a couple weeks now and we're leaving this weekend. We were pretty happy on buying the Keyone on this trip, but since it got delayed and delayed, we will leave the US without it since it never became available not even in the Blackberry mobile website. We were willing to pay $550 each for it knowing it's actually way too much for such phone, but if I'll have to wait more months there's no way I'm going to pay more than $400. When I'll come back in December I'm pretty sure it will be very devalued and maybe I'll get mine then. Blackberry as usual makes awful decisions when launching a phone. No official date, no launching events, no marketing, no commitment attitude. I thought with the TCL takeover that was going to change but clearly they're following those old steps. I'm pretty happy with my Priv but I really wanted a Keyone. Very unfortunately
    05-09-17 04:50 PM
    People like to come on CrackBerry for some reason to hate on BlackBerry phones. I don't care about marketing, the delay, or the price.

And... I'm not going to Android Central to spam their forum redundantly saying I don't want to buy the Pixel or the S8.... I just don't have free time to do that.
    Except the people who are critical of those things actually want success for BlackBerry devices so they can keep seeing more devices going forward. They aren't criticizing those things just to spam the forum saying they don't want to buy BlackBerry devices. On the contrary, they badly want to buy BlackBerry devices hence why they are critical of this process so far. The fact that you don't care about those things and will buy anyway is actually irrelevant.
    MikeX74, Motass, yujinn and 1 others like this.
    05-09-17 04:55 PM
    Hey whatsever.
    You seem to be looking for excuses not to buy. I ask you this; name one device that is Android and has a built-in PKB? You can't, can you? You can't compare to slabs. People are buying KEYone for the PKB. No other reason, understand?
    I think the actual Professional reviews know a little more than you so not sure your motivation but sounds suspect. Have you even tried the phone?

What delivery problems btw? ; production delays yes but delivery? Google Pixel is still having production delays 8 months later.
    05-09-17 05:02 PM
    Hey whatsever.
    You seem to be looking for excuses not to buy. I ask you this; name one device that is Android and has a built-in PKB? You can't, can you? You can't compare to slabs. People are buying KEYone for the PKB. No other reason, understand?
    I think the actual Professional reviews know a little more than you so not sure your motivation but sounds suspect. Have you even tried the phone?

What delivery problems btw? ; production delays yes but delivery? Google Pixel is still having production delays 8 months later.
    And to add to this, the sales could be low is a question but so far it's been sold out.

Yes it sales number may not be same as iPhone or Samsung and BlackBerry objectives aren't to beat them either. The phone manufacturing costs are cheaper. They've sold good so far.

Lets see what happens in a few months. For PKB users, it's a blessing. Thank God it didn't possess any major flaws.
    05-09-17 05:07 PM
    Hey whatsever.

Fair enough but there was also people who would have been willing to give it a shot even if the sole reason wasn't for the pkb. The initial hype is lost on those people. And they are the ones that need to be capitalized on not the ones who are going to buy it no matter how long it's deleted or how much it costs otherwise growing the user base will never happen and it will continue to fall even.
    This whole only people who want a pkb will buy it and those are willing to wait is ridiculous and frankly not a very good business strategy if that's what it is.
    Motass likes this.
    05-09-17 05:08 PM
    I feel you guys but it true like me really wanted one badly but at the moment my excitement is over and have doubts mainly over the price.

My wife is saying buy it when it's available in the Netherlands instead of importing one.

So I mixed up and see also more people and also see people buying other devices and ma'ybe that worries me also.

I also agree that TCL is dark and that they had use all these collected emails from blackberrymobile.com to send those users a message or hello

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 05:11 PM
    Except the people who are critical of those things actually want success for BlackBerry devices so they can keep seeing more devices going forward. They aren't criticizing those things just to spam the forum saying they don't want to buy BlackBerry devices. On the contrary, they badly want to buy BlackBerry devices hence why they are critical of this process so far. The fact that you don't care about those things and will buy anyway is actually irrelevant.
    Actually, the OP mentions people who are not buying the phone for reasons like marketing, price or delay.

Its not about people being redundant about wanting BlackBerry to be successful, but thanks for adding to your post count by chiming in again.
    05-09-17 05:32 PM
    Actually, the OP mentions people who are not buying the phone for reasons like marketing, price or delay.

Its not about people being redundant about wanting BlackBerry to be successful, but thanks for adding to your post count by chiming in again.
    Ya and I'm talking about those same people. You seem to think that only people who want a pkb device will buy it. I'm saying that's not exactly the case and I'm sure many who weren't waiting for pkb would have still tried it. Those people don't have the patience and won't or didn't wait.

But you keep adding to your post count with your "well I'm willing to wait" . It's pretty clear many aren't and if they don't then that isn't good for the success of the device regardless of how long you will wait. I don't know why it bothers you so much but there may have been some people willing to buy this device when they saw it in January but have moved on since. Heaven forbid right? Again, you willing to wait doesn't matter in the discussion of the success of BlackBerry devices. You dont represent the people BlackBerry Mobile should be trying to go after. The people on the fence. Sorry if it hurts your feelings but that's just the way it is for any business if they want success and growth.
    mister2d and anon(9710735) like this.
    05-09-17 06:36 PM
73 123