I called my cable provider out because my KeyOne was showing a speed around 38mbps - well below what it should be. The technician ran his speedtest and came in above 80 (on the 2.4ghz) and over 117 on the 5ghz. I then tried my PRIV and on the 5ghz it also was about 120mbps and 2.4ghz it was around 84.

So there is an issue with the KeyOne. The cashe is frequently cleared and I shutdown and restart the phone frequently. So does anyone know why my connection speed is so low on this phone?

Again, it just sucks that Verizon won't support a Key² as I would jump to it in a heartbeat. I am waiting on the next pkb phone too. Anyway, thanks for anyone's help.
    whatnow00 likes this.
    06-15-19 09:54 AM
    I'm experiencing the same thing. And, just a general slowdown of the phone since the last forced update...
    06-15-19 11:18 AM
    I'm experiencing the same thing. And, just a general slowdown of the phone since the last forced update...
    Ditto. KeyOne.
    06-17-19 11:11 AM
    I called my cable provider out because my KeyOne was showing a speed around 38mbps - well below what it should be. The technician ran his speedtest and came in above 80 (on the 2.4ghz) and over 117 on the 5ghz. I then tried my PRIV and on the 5ghz it also was about 120mbps and 2.4ghz it was around 84.

So there is an issue with the KeyOne. The cashe is frequently cleared and I shutdown and restart the phone frequently. So does anyone know why my connection speed is so low on this phone?

Again, it just sucks that Verizon won't support a Key² as I would jump to it in a heartbeat. I am waiting on the next pkb phone too. Anyway, thanks for anyone's help.
    How many bars are you getting on the WiFi indicator on the Keyone?
    06-17-19 05:39 PM
    yamahammer, I am getting full strength on the wifi.
    06-17-19 09:20 PM
    yamahammer, I am getting full strength on the wifi.
    Ok, just checking because if your back cover is loose it can cause poor WiFi coverage. The contacts for the WiFi antenna on the back cover are about 1 inch below the camera and if the back is loose it will tank the WiFi signal.
    06-17-19 09:43 PM
    What are you using to gauge the speed?

When I navigate to the WiFi network connection, it's showing 260mbps. It will fluctuate as I watch it, but it never goes below 130. I've seen it as high as 466. I have an unlocked KEYone Black Edition.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 06-18-19 at 06:32 AM.
    06-17-19 09:45 PM
    Hi jackcarr, I use Speedtest by Ookla. That's the same thing that my Wi-Fi provider technicians use and also the telephone carrier and the wifi router company.
    06-18-19 08:55 AM
    Hi. Thanks for the feedback, yamahammer . My KeyOne is in a case and the back on the phone is very secure. It has never came loose. But thanks for the idea.
    06-18-19 08:56 AM
    My Keyone has given me poor performance since day 1... I wish I could say otherwise but my audio is poor, my calls sound like I'm talking through a can, and yes, my WiFi speed sucks. It's generally around 20mbps up/dwn even though my WiFi and network signal show full strength. I also used Speedtest by Ookla
    06-18-19 09:47 AM
    My Keyone has given me poor performance since day 1... I wish I could say otherwise but my audio is poor, my calls sound like I'm talking through a can, and yes, my WiFi speed sucks. It's generally around 20mbps up/dwn even though my WiFi and network signal show full strength. I also used Speedtest by Ookla
    You got early built silver KEYone?
    06-18-19 12:29 PM
    I got mine in Jan. 2018 at a BestBuy store (unlocked)
    06-18-19 12:32 PM
    ...and yes, it's the silver addition.
    06-18-19 12:32 PM
    Hi jackcarr, I use Speedtest by Ookla. That's the same thing that my Wi-Fi provider technicians use and also the telephone carrier and the wifi router company.
    What settings do you use when you run Speedtest by Ookla?
    06-18-19 07:45 PM
    Hi jackcarr. I don't understand your question. You open the app, it automatically searches for the closest server for your carrier, you press the"Go" button and it runs the test. I don't choose any settings that I am aware of.
    06-18-19 08:08 PM
    Hi jackcarr. I don't understand your question. You open the app, it automatically searches for the closest server for your carrier, you press the"Go" button and it runs the test. I don't choose any settings that I am aware of.
    Multi/Single

In any case, my scores with this app are horrible. Right around 12mbps upload and download.
    06-18-19 08:29 PM
    Ah, I understand. Well mine has "multi" highlighted.
    06-18-19 08:48 PM
    Ah, I understand. Well mine has "multi" highlighted.
    My scores with the app are poor, but my phone seems to respond ok. I've never thought... why is my phone so slow?
    Last edited by jackcarr; 06-19-19 at 10:49 AM.
    06-19-19 06:39 AM

Verizon unofficially does support K2. There are many people on these forums that will get you up and running if you decide to take the plunge.
    06-20-19 09:05 AM
    Verizon unofficially does support K2. There are many people on these forums that will get you up and running if you decide to take the plunge.
    VZW officially and unofficially does NOT support the Key2, officially does support the Key2 LE, and the various step around hacks aren’t 100% foolproof to initiate Key2 functionality. Even when Key2 does achieve setup on VZW, there’s no guarantee it won’t break from IMEI check on the VZW side. The closest anyone has come is having to own both the Key2 and Key2 LE and recertification of SIM in the LE and replacing back in Key2 again. Even that’s not guaranteed initially or continually.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-23-19 08:31 AM
    VZW officially and unofficially does NOT support the Key2, officially does support the Key2 LE, and the various step around hacks aren’t 100% foolproof to initiate Key2 functionality. Even when Key2 does achieve setup on VZW, there’s no guarantee it won’t break from IMEI check on the VZW side. The closest anyone has come is having to own both the Key2 and Key2 LE and recertification of SIM in the LE and replacing back in Key2 again. Even that’s not guaranteed initially or continually.
    “Come on Chuck!”

Should of used a better term than unofficially. Verizon’s IMEI check is much less rigorous than AT&T. If I were in someone’s shoes that is considering the the KEY2 on Verizon, I would risk it.

Glad to see you’re still here for members that may have misconstrued my response. Keep it up!
    06-23-19 10:13 AM
    “Come on Chuck!”

Should of used a better term than unofficially. Verizon’s IMEI check is much less rigorous than AT&T. If I were in someone’s shoes that is considering the the KEY2 on Verizon, I would risk it.

Glad to see you’re still here for members that may have misconstrued my response. Keep it up!
    LMAO

I actually thought perhaps things had been figured out but I've seen at least one, maybe two new reports of issues again. I'm not sure why it should ever happen, at least on basic calling features.
    06-23-19 02:20 PM