Ive had the Priv since January 2017 and I can say it's been overall just 'ok'.

Now, I'm new to android and blackberry for what it's worth. I came from a long line of iPhones ending with the 5 and felt that despite some of the shortcomings I read in reviews, the Prov would suit my absolute need for a pkb.

This may be blasphemy, but I'd do anything for a smartphone version of the Sidekick. It had the best feel of keyboards in any device. I'm sure the blackberries of old did too, but I digress.

My main concerns with upgrading to the KEYone is now that it's been a couple months does anyone have these problems that just annoy the crap outta me with the priv:

-Bluetooth skipping. Oh my God this is annoying. Happens all the time, in my car, with my Bose speaker, at a friend's house. Really jarring and lasts for a good 2-4 seconds, then sounds like a warped record for a couple seconds more.

-overheating. In an area that has a spotty cellular connection? Better be cold cause this thing gets so hot. Also if I use maps AT ALL.

-Speaking of maps, Google maps is slower on this device than the oldest iPhone. I'm serious. I though my iphone 5 was getting sluggish, but holy hell, you better not need directions any time soon

-squishy keyboard. Whereas I do enjoy the priv over an iPhone (or any virtual keyboard phone), this keyboard is juuuust not perfect.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long rant/question and let me know what ya'lls experiences have been thusfar with the KEYone
    08-18-17 07:27 AM
    The keyone is a great replacement for the priv it's much faster no no lag like the priv has. It's smaller with a better keyboard too.
    08-18-17 08:25 AM
    And it doesn't have the overheating issues of the PRIV.
    08-18-17 10:52 AM
    much better keyboard and overall user experience. however the phone does lag quite a lot. maybe less so than the PRIV. but the lag is frustrating and its random. it's the one thing that bugs me
    08-18-17 11:10 AM
    I swap between using my BlackBerry Priv and my KEYone and with the exception of the screen, the KEYone is far superior to the BlackBerry Priv.

It doesn't have an overheating issue like the Priv has. Playing a game for 5 minutes will cause my Priv to show the message about needing to cool down. Using Google Maps (Navigation mode) will also cause my Priv to display the warning in the notification area about needing to cool down especially if I have it plugged into the charger while driving.

The KEYone is also more responsive than my BlackBerry Priv.

In terms of the keyboard, the KEYone keys feel "funny" especially the lower keys (near the space bar). This might be due to me being used to the Passport keyboard. The KEYone keys close to the spacebar (at least with my KEYone) feel like they are lower than the other keys like they are depressed and not raised.
    08-18-17 11:29 AM
    Ive had the Priv since January 2017 and I can say it's been overall just 'ok'.

Now, I'm new to android and blackberry for what it's worth. I came from a long line of iPhones ending with the 5 and felt that despite some of the shortcomings I read in reviews, the Prov would suit my absolute need for a pkb.

This may be blasphemy, but I'd do anything for a smartphone version of the Sidekick. It had the best feel of keyboards in any device. I'm sure the blackberries of old did too, but I digress.

My main concerns with upgrading to the KEYone is now that it's been a couple months does anyone have these problems that just annoy the crap outta me with the priv:

-Bluetooth skipping. Oh my God this is annoying. Happens all the time, in my car, with my Bose speaker, at a friend's house. Really jarring and lasts for a good 2-4 seconds, then sounds like a warped record for a couple seconds more.

-overheating. In an area that has a spotty cellular connection? Better be cold cause this thing gets so hot. Also if I use maps AT ALL.

-Speaking of maps, Google maps is slower on this device than the oldest iPhone. I'm serious. I though my iphone 5 was getting sluggish, but holy hell, you better not need directions any time soon

-squishy keyboard. Whereas I do enjoy the priv over an iPhone (or any virtual keyboard phone), this keyboard is juuuust not perfect.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long rant/question and let me know what ya'lls experiences have been thusfar with the KEYone
    BT-improved to better access
    Overheating: none due to the chipset
    Keyboard-much better not as squishy much more firm
    Google Maps-much faster due to LTE+ access

**Overall better typing experience, better keyboard
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-18-17 at 02:47 PM.
    08-18-17 11:50 AM
    if u want a pkb BBM Phone then it's hobson's choice!
    08-18-17 12:16 PM
    Coming also from the Priv to the KEYone I can assure you that the problems you refer are all solved apart of the Bluetooth which I don't know since I never used it !

They keyboard is absolutely perfect and you will enjoy a great battery life ! With the same usage on both phones the battery life of the KEYone is about 2 1/2 times more !
    08-18-17 01:49 PM
    I had a PRIV, and liked a lot about it, but the K1 is better in all aspects. If you want a Keyboard Phone, the K1 is the answer. The PRIV's keyboard was weak, at best.
    08-18-17 02:29 PM
    Would the Priv for around 240€ brand new make sense as a backup phone to a KEYone owner?
    08-18-17 02:32 PM
    Had the Priv and the K1 is definitely better . Great battery life, no lag, no heating, gorgeous design (Priv too), and the PKB reminds me of my Classic and Bold 9900. I love this device.
    08-18-17 07:00 PM
    Up until almost 2 weeks ago I was still using a Classic, precisely because I loved the keyboard + tool belt on it. I tried a Priv in stores and passed because I didn't care for the Priv keyboard, and was also aware of the overheating issues.

The KeyOne's keyboard is much better than the Priv's imo. Nougat out of the box is a big plus. So far my KeyOne has barely gotten warm once, much less hot. The only thing I liked about the Priv more was the screen. I think you'll be very happy with a KeyOne.
    08-18-17 09:10 PM