If I had to choose a phone to use daily, it would be the iP7+ over the K!, because I think the K1 has too many shortcomings in my opinion.
    In your K1 review thread you said you really liked the KEYone now that you bought one, and spoke highly of it, so it's strange to hear this comment now.

I have to be honest, you sound like one of the most self-conflicted and contradictory people I have ever encountered on CB.
    07-03-17 01:11 AM
    A. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are important.

B. You're bringing up "You're holding it wrong" (which isn't what was said anyway) which was years ago in a forum for a phone whose screens are popping out daily? Makes sense.

C. "Lack of fantasy" doesn't mean anything. I don't know what you are trying to convey with that phrase but it isn't a phrase that makes any sense.

D. I'm not sure why you want to keep pressing this topic. If you don't like iOS you don't have to use it.

A)Considering English is his third language I think he's doing well. Arguably better than you because his speech has more of a sense of artistry than yours. He's probably very eloquent in his native language and that can often come across when speaking a second language. When he tightens up a few aspects of grammar which is quite easy to do, he will have a better command of English than you.

B)You claim to own a keyone but I don't believe it based on your lack of understanding. why don't you save up and buy a keyone so you can actually experience what a fantastic device this is.
    07-03-17 04:39 AM
    the only concern for me is that KEYone might be underpowered.
    other than that, android does everything the same or better. more flexibility, customisations, same apps and capabilities, less price (in almost all cases)
    In real world use its not in any way underpowered. The components are all blended in such a way as to create an overall experience, the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.
    07-03-17 04:49 AM
    A)Considering English is his third language I think he's doing well. Arguably better than you because his speech has more of a sense of artistry than yours. He's probably very eloquent in his native language and that can often come across when speaking a second language. When he tightens up a few aspects of grammar which is quite easy to do, he will have a better command of English than you.

B)You claim to own a keyone but I don't believe it based on your lack of understanding. why don't you save up and buy a keyone so you can actually experience what a fantastic device this is.
    Hey, he is the one that decided to make it some attack against me with an Android is better than iOS argument. I repeatedly said I didn't want to debate with him over that because its pointless but he kept pushing me on it. With that being said, I was not aware that English was not his first language and you are right, it was uncalled for.

My post will be edited to reflect that.

My bad Yessuz, no hard feelings. PM sent as well.
    07-03-17 04:54 AM
    Hey, he is the one that decided to make it some attack against me with an Android is better than iOS argument. I repeatedly said I didn't want to debate with him over that because its pointless but he kept pushing me on it. With that being said, I was not aware that English was not his first language and you are right, it was uncalled for.

Ok no worries. Something odd happened then. This post of yours I'm quoting initially came up as though yessuz wrote it. Forum seems to have rectified itself with a page refresh.
    07-03-17 05:01 AM

hah. no worries mate. no hard feelings it's interwebz
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-03-17 05:31 AM
    I didn't say it couldn't.

My K1 can start to stutter and with a bunch of apps open it can slow down, and I have had apps that crash that cause it to need a restart. Mine does this. Others may not. I've restarted at least once a day since I got the phone because apps refuse to open and crash.

I also think the audio is less than stellar. Turned up all the way it gets distorted and doesn't sound very good.

My signal while normally is ok, but there are times when I don't get a signal or drop a call when it's never been an issue before. I was up at my in-laws earlier this week and I got no signal in their house and I've always gotten a signal before with other phones.

I also have Bluetooth issues sometimes where it cuts out and disconnects and I have to reconnect it. It only happens in my car but it's happened more than once for no apparent reason.

The screen is also very difficult to see in direct sunlight. If I'm wearing sunglasses (polarized) I can't see the screen at all if I rotate the phone to landscape.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the keyboard. Some people may love it but to me it's too squishy. If all the buttons were like the space bar I'd like it a lot more. My space bar clicks but the other keys are mushy and I don't like the feel of them (again personal opinion).

These are what I feel are shortcomings for me.
    I guess that's your phone only having all the issues you mentioned. I have none of the issues. think maybe you should make a claim under warranty instead of posting here?

btw, my reception is as good as my z30 if not better at some place..
    07-03-17 06:16 AM
    Everytime I try to use an iPhone anymore (I was a solid user until iPhone 5s then switched to Windows Phone and then to Android and now on Android/KeyOne) I get aggravated.

Small things add up on iOS - lack of a back button(!), inability to use the file system for attachments, inability to split screen, and so on.

I don't hate iOS, and I think for people who don't need much more than Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Safari -- it is probably a great if overpriced option.

But I sometimes have to live on my phone, and a PKB on Android is the best solution for me at this time.
    07-03-17 08:09 AM
    So to bring this back from the brink of the good old Android is better than iOS and vice versa...

I too have noticably lower signal on my K1 than on my: Pixel XL, iPhone 7 Plus, and Samsung S8+. I don't care what the bars show bc they will differ greatly, but I actually drop calls and lose signal completely on my K1 in places that I do not in other phones. So in a place where I would have 1 bar and be able to talk on another phone, I will drop in and out on my K1. Anyone else notice this consistent difference?
    07-03-17 08:40 AM
    In your K1 review thread you said you really liked the KEYone now that you bought one, and spoke highly of it, so it's strange to hear this comment now.

I have to be honest, you sound like one of the most self-conflicted and contradictory people I have ever encountered on CB.
    Im the same way. As much as i like the device there are shortfalls to it. And fortunately there are people here who have used many other devices and do know how it should be - BBM could have done more. Much as i like the k1 it will never be my #1 device as well.

I will say it again its priced $100 below a premium iphone 7 device with a packed technology list. K1 has a keyboard thats it. Every other component is from a generic garbage bin.

I will give them credit when its due - this attempt isnt there.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-03-17 08:43 AM
    Im the same way. As much as i like the device there are shortfalls to it. And fortunately there are people here who have used many other devices and do know how it should be - BBM could have done more. Much as i like the k1 it will never be my #1 device as well.

I will say it again its priced $100 below a premium iphone 7 device with a packed technology list. K1 has a keyboard thats it. Every other component is from a generic garbage bin.

I will give them credit when its due - this attempt isnt there.
    In that case every android phone has components from a generic garbage bin.

In the case of the keyone I feel they chose the parts very thoughtfully with the end result being a unique phone experience.
    07-03-17 10:44 AM

In the case of the keyone I feel they chose the parts very thoughtfully with the end result being a unique phone experience.
    I can tell you, the screen on this phone is not very good. Go outside with polarized sunglasses on and rotate the phone. It totally blacks it out and you can't see anything. Kind of kills using it outdoors for photos and video for me.
    07-03-17 11:16 AM
    I guess that's your phone only having all the issues you mentioned. I have none of the issues. think maybe you should make a claim under warranty instead of posting here?

btw, my reception is as good as my z30 if not better at some place..

Sure it is. The Z30 had a paratek antenna in it, the K1 does not. There are a multitude of reports from people on here who are getting worse signal from this phone than from the phone they are coming from, so its not isolated.
    07-03-17 11:18 AM

From what I experienced with Mic, speaker, reception, Bluetooth etc - makes me bekiev its from the TCL standard bin which ships with their entry level and pay as you go devices. Which I have used before and can tell.
    07-03-17 11:20 AM
    From what I experienced with Mic, speaker, reception, Bluetooth etc - makes me bekiev its from the TCL standard bin which ships with their entry level and pay as you go devices. Which I have used before and can tell.
    It would appear that we are having very different experiences.

I have no problem with phone reception and the Bluetooth is not only very stable but also sounds fantastic when paired to my arcam stereo via arcam rblink.

A Teardown would be interesting however.
    07-03-17 11:29 AM
    I can tell you, the screen on this phone is not very good. Go outside with polarized sunglasses on and rotate the phone. It totally blacks it out and you can't see anything. Kind of kills using it outdoors for photos and video for me.
    Isn't that an lcd thing?
    07-03-17 12:07 PM
    Isn't that an lcd thing?
    I'm not sure. I thought it was a type of glass thing. Whatever it is, it's not good. I don't have any other phones that do it.
    07-03-17 12:09 PM
    I'm not sure. I thought it was a type of glass thing. Whatever it is, it's not good. I don't have any other phones that do it.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....ses.html%3Famp
    07-03-17 12:12 PM
    Thanks for that. Not a fan of it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-03-17 01:22 PM
    The billion+ of iphones sold must have been to complete fools. If only Blackberry targeted those indiciduals.
    Not fools, but people with really low criteria for productivity and high requirements for games, apps and what's posh.

To be honest, sales are declining, meaning that more and more people are waking up from the Iphone 'epidemic' and choosing Samsung and Huawei, or Sony, or etc.

Very small amount of people really know the advantages of iphone and actually choosing it for that reason.
    07-03-17 04:36 PM
    All IPS screens will do this at some angle with polarized sunglasses.

However, the K1s screen is brighter than my DTEK60 in full sun -- and more visible.
    07-03-17 07:37 PM
    Not fools, but people with really low criteria for productivity and high requirements for games, apps and what's posh.

To be honest, sales are declining, meaning that more and more people are waking up from the Iphone 'epidemic' and choosing Samsung and Huawei, or Sony, or etc.

Very small amount of people really know the advantages of iphone and actually choosing it for that reason.
    I dont know, what ive seen is a shift in communication on how bausiness is handled as well - the role of BB "type" devices has taken a change. Its a different decade - our procurement has changed as well. I can for sure tell you that majority used BB becaue it was assigned to them at work and even that has taken cuts at every major company i worked for in past 7? Years.

Those productive individuals are just fine with their slabs and have not lost any productivity. Has been a shift in the entire industry from what ive seen.

In general i personaly feel the tole of the phone just become more streamlined. Other means of communication have become better to replace the constant "crackberry" need.

Again its the change i have seen.
    07-03-17 07:48 PM
    I hate the OS debates, everyone has their preference and everyone seems to exaggerate the weakness of the others. I use BB OS, Android and IOS. All are great. IOS is still the smoothest of them all but the people who say Android is buggy are living in the past or using poor spec'd phones because high end Andrioids are very close in fluidity now to Iphones. And I don't get the Android fanboys who say Ios is too closed...it's true that it's closed but you can do about 97% of the things Android can do. BB OS 10 was probably my favorite of all of them but let's face it, it is dead and it's not coming back so we have to move on. As for IOS vs Android...both are freaking awesome in my opinion...who would have thought you could watch live football matches from Europe live in HD while laying on the beach in Miami....you can do that on both formats and the tech in both OS's are incredible.
    07-03-17 08:52 PM
    So just to add a little background, have been a Blackberry fan since the 7230 (back in 2004) I've had literally every single Blackberry since then and currently still own a p9983 graphite, Classic, and Passport SE.

Like every Blackberry release I order the phone asap, I'm from the US but still couldn't wait so ordered U.K. Variant of Keyone from Selfridges on launch day. Since then I've been using the phone but I'm finally done trying to convince myself I like this phone. A few observations

1. Weight of device is awkward, trying to use while relaxing on couch or even in bed has equated to dropping and or not figuring out a comfortable way to hold the damn thing.

2. Overall speed is really not impressive.

3. Phone experience , calling, hanging up, conferencing is far more stressful than the Blackberry I know.

4. Cell antenna(s) are seemingly low quality in someway.

I don't know if these gleaming reviews are coming from those who have just not had the chance to experience iOS because my 7 plus blows this thing out of the water in just about every way, and trust me I don't want it to but ide be lying to myself if I said otherwise. Fluidity, speed, cell reception, overall UI is far less clunky with iPhone then the Keyone. It's funny because I used to say, well it's a business phone so live with the minor nuances, but now I've totally done a 180, the iPhone allows me to get things done a lot quicker then the Keyone with great battery life to boot (iPhone 7 plus) I want to continue to support Blackberry but it's difficult when I have to convince myself that the Keyone is worth using day in and day out.

I would be curious to find out how many Keyone users have switched from an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, heck even a 6s and actually stuck with their Keyone.

Crackberry Kevin, you're definitely still rocking an iPhone right? Be honest now!
    Sir I own both the keyone n iphone I cam assure u pls do a factory reset n set ur keyone as a new phone u won't be sorry. The both excel in their own way. Good luck
    07-03-17 09:19 PM
    I dont know, what ive seen is a shift in communication on how bausiness is handled as well - the role of BB "type" devices has taken a change. Its a different decade - our procurement has changed as well. I can for sure tell you that majority used BB becaue it was assigned to them at work and even that has taken cuts at every major company i worked for in past 7? Years.

Those productive individuals are just fine with their slabs and have not lost any productivity. Has been a shift in the entire industry from what ive seen.

In general i personaly feel the tole of the phone just become more streamlined. Other means of communication have become better to replace the constant "crackberry" need.

Again its the change i have seen.
    Well, question is the definition of productivity...

The other day, when my daughter was at her swimming lessons, I was sitting behind the pool with other parents. One working mommy was typing few pagedown email on her Samsung slab. She was sitting right next to me.
    I noticed that she got absolutely same problem that I get - too many mistypes. I mean, it hurt my eyes to see how often she had to fix the spelling error, when she pressed b or v instead of space etc.

This, is by the way, my experience. I just make too many mistyping errors. I was doing that with my Z10, was doing with my Xiaomi glass slab. Then, when I moved to passport, number of my mistypes dropped by roughly 95% or so.

You can do stuff on glass slab, of course. But productivity, when you have to fix all the mistakes all the time, eh?

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and terminatorx like this.
    07-04-17 02:05 AM
108 ... 2345