Yeah that's totally wrong. You can store files locally very easily and send them as an attachment. You simply have to download a file explorer just like you do on Android.
    iOS does not allow you to access file system.
    that is just total bull****.

The best case is that you can use iCloud or box or whatever to store files and the to upload/attach etc. them. still, i would not call it convenient.
    07-02-17 03:27 PM
    No you cannot go into the system files. But you can download any file and store it locally and attach it to an email etc.
    no, you cannot "attach it" when it is stored locally.
    all you can do is actually to go into specific app (let's say acrobat for PDFs), open the file with the app (as the file was "downloaded and stored "within the app""), then press Share (or whatever it does) and the use email.

sorry but this is not productive and not intuitive. it's like assembly of the car engine. through the exhaust pipe.
    07-02-17 03:31 PM
    iOS does not allow you to access file system.
    that is just total bull****.

The best case is that you can use iCloud or box or whatever to store files and the to upload/attach etc. them. still, i would not call it convenient.
    Yikes that's terrible - why does apple do it that way?

You can only share files via cloud storage? That's really weird

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 03:33 PM
    The iPhone is way too restricted for my liking. The simplest, most basic things like downloading files from the Internet or sending a file through Bluetooth is not possible on that platform (or it requires some ridiculous workarounds and/or jailbreaking). In addition to limited customizations options. No thanks. Besides, the most obvious point: No physical keyboard. Isn't that the main, or rather only, reason to get a K1 in the first place? Why else would you get it when there are cheaper and better slabs out there? I, for one, will never feel comfortable typing on a glass screen. And believe me, I've tried (both on an iPhone and a DTEK50 for months, and several others in the past). Android is far from perfect, but I'd choose it over iOS any day.
    I know what you mean about iPhone being restricted. My wife uses an iPhone and she just wanted to get a ringtone for her. So I made one for her and sent it to her phone and she was not able to access it.

Simple things like that should not be a problem for any phone in my opinion. When it comes to music in general, she cant do anything outside of the apple music app and iTunes. That is one key reason I can never choose apple.
    terminatorx likes this.
    07-02-17 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    because you do not have access to file system (so there is no file browser!) on iOS.
    that is the only way to bypass that.

or you access file via the app and send it away. meaning that you can send pdf's only and so on.

and only galery (so pictures and videos) is integrated in mail app.
    07-02-17 03:46 PM
    no, you cannot "attach it" when it is stored locally.
    all you can do is actually to go into specific app (let's say acrobat for PDFs), open the file with the app (as the file was "downloaded and stored "within the app""), then press Share (or whatever it does) and the use email.

sorry but this is not productive and not intuitive. it's like assembly of the car engine. through the exhaust pipe.
    Jeez you guys are touchy. I never said you could, I just said you store files locally on the phone. It works great if you know how to do it, but carry on, BlackBerry is the Best! (is that better?).

You can pick on file storage all you want. There are an many things that iOS does better than Android, and there are things that Android does better than iOS. If I had to choose a phone to use daily, it would be the iP7+ over the K!, because I think the K1 has too many shortcomings in my opinion.
    07-02-17 03:59 PM
    Jeez you guys are touchy. I never said you could, I just said you store files locally on the phone. It works great if you know how to do it, but carry on, BlackBerry is the Best! (is that better?).

You can pick on file storage all you want. There are an many things that iOS does better than Android, and there are things that Android does better than iOS. If I had to choose a phone to use daily, it would be the iP7+ over the K!, because I think the K1 has too many shortcomings in my opinion.
    the only concern for me is that KEYone might be underpowered.
    other than that, android does everything the same or better. more flexibility, customisations, same apps and capabilities, less price (in almost all cases)
    07-02-17 04:07 PM
    the only concern for me is that KEYone might be underpowered.
    other than that, android does everything the same or better. more flexibility, customisations, same apps and capabilities, less price (in almost all cases)
    I'd disagree (except for customization), but that's an age old argument that I don't care to get into.

Price is a moot point because many times you get what you pay for if its a low cost device.
    07-02-17 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same reason apple has never made one of their devices with expandable memory...$. If everything is stored locally and you end up having to backup to cloud or attach files stored on the cloud through apple you will eventually run out of room. You then pay a monthly fee for extra storage. MRR is the end game here and they all know what they are doing when not allowing for external storage.
    07-02-17 04:13 PM
    I'd disagree (except for customization), but that's an age old argument that I don't care to get into.

Price is a moot point because many times you get what you pay for if its a low cost device.
    i mean, can you tell me - what androids don't do what apple can? oh, yes, they do not run iOS. other than that - it's just lack of fantasy.

price is not a moot point. because op compares a 499 GBP device vs 850 gbp device.
    I mean, yeah, BMW M5 is faster than Ford Mondeo. and I would be surprised if it wasn't. but it's because much more expensive.
    murphy_thom likes this.
    07-02-17 04:15 PM
    i mean, can you tell me - what androids don't do what apple can? oh, yes, they do not run iOS. other than that - it's just lack of fantasy.
    It's just preference. Some people like Android, some people prefer iOS. At the end of the day arguing over it is about as childish as it gets. If Android is the end all be all for you, I'm so happy for you. Some people it isn't and that's ok too.

Not sure what "lack of fantasy" means, but carry on.
    ray689 likes this.
    07-02-17 04:23 PM
    It's just preference. Some people like Android, some people prefer iOS. At the end of the day arguing over it is about as childish as it gets. If Android is the end all be all for you, I'm so happy for you. Some people it isn't and that's ok too.

lack of fantasy is.. because:
    in android you can make your phone look and "feel" same as iOS (with few exceptions) but capable to do more (i.e. always better integration with google products (if you need it), or access file system). or anything you dream of.
    it is basically limitless customisation options, while iOS is just "the way we at apple think you should use the phone and nothing else".

oh, and do not forget - you hold it wrong.
    07-02-17 04:27 PM
    lack of fantasy is.. because:
    in android you can make your phone look and "feel" same as iOS (with few exceptions) but capable to do more (i.e. always better integration with google products (if you need it), or access file system).
    it is basically limitless customisation options, while iOS is just "the way we at apple think you should use the phone and nothing else".

oh, and do not forget - you hold it wrong.
    A. Deleted, and uncalled for comment.

B. You're bringing up "You're holding it wrong" (which isn't what was said anyway) which was years ago in a forum for a phone whose screens are popping out daily? Makes sense.

C. "Lack of fantasy" doesn't mean anything. I don't know what you are trying to convey with that phrase but it isn't a phrase that makes any sense.

D. I'm not sure why you want to keep pressing this topic. If you don't like iOS you don't have to use it.
    Last edited by donnation; 07-03-17 at 04:55 AM.
    kbz1960 and rkanazawa like this.
    07-02-17 04:33 PM
    A. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are important.

B. You're bringing up "You're holding it wrong" (which isn't what was said anyway) which was years ago in a forum for a phone whose screens are popping out daily? Makes sense.

C. "Lack of fantasy" doesn't mean anything. I don't know what you are trying to convey with that phrase but it isn't a phrase that makes any sense.

D. I'm not sure why you want to keep pressing this topic. If you don't like iOS you don't have to use it.
    a) my English grammar and punctuation is probably way better than you Lithuanian or Russian. So please, don't start yet another when-I-have-no-arguments-I-become-a-grammar-nazi flame war, mkay? English, although is my daily driver now, still is my third language.

b) I brought this up here just because it is just another example of "we are telling how you should use your device, because we know best, because we are Apple". I haven't seen that TCL would say "you hold it wrong, and that's why screens fall off".

c) well, quite opposite. lack of fantasy means, that your assumption that iOS is more capable or equally capable - is wrong. Because all what limits you on android - is your fantasy.
    Saying that, BB10 in the light of customisations is probably even worse.

d) I am not using it. I just point out where, I believe, you are wrong
    07-02-17 04:41 PM
    a) my English grammar and punctuation is probably way better than you Lithuanian or Russian. So please, don't start yet another when-I-have-no-arguments-I-become-a-grammar-nazi flame war, mkay? English, although is my daily driver now, still is my third language.

b) I brought this up here just because it is just another example of "we are telling how you should use your device, because we know best, because we are Apple". I haven't seen that TCL would say "you hold it wrong, and that's why screens fall off".

c) well, quite opposite. lack of fantasy means, that your assumption that iOS is more capable or equally capable - is wrong. Because all what limits you on android - is your fantasy.
    Saying that, BB10 in the light of customisations is probably even worse.

d) I am not using it. I just point out where, I believe, you are wrong
    Great! It's your opinion. I'm happy for you. Are we done now?
    07-02-17 04:44 PM
    One thing iPhone still can't do : reply to email, ADD pdf, send.

You'll say something about some "cloud service" that allows you to do so. But the fact is that, not having some type of "📁" where you can save/move/delete/send files FROM internal storage is just too big of a pole to have up.
    Extremely incorrect.
    07-02-17 05:34 PM
    The billion+ of iphones sold must have been to complete fools. If only Blackberry targeted those indiciduals.
    07-02-17 05:40 PM
    Extremely incorrect.
    Extremely arrogant.

Still here is an example.

Apart from the issues some have pointed with the iPhone, I got one more. Not to **** on Apple, but story time!

I was out with a friend when he suddenly remembered he had to upload an assignment to his University's website. There were approx 15 minutes left until deadline.

He took out his iPhone 6S, downloaded the email attachment (a PDF), went to his University's website, then to the upload page and clicked on browse to upload the downloaded file. What did he see? The "Gallery". Yeah, the Gallery was the only option to choose a file from! No way to upload a downloaded file that is on the device itself! Of course there's an app to do that but seriously? No OS-level support for this task?

That is when it struck me, the iPhone and the whole Apple paradigm for tablets and phones is toward people who consume content rather than create it or edit it. The Gallery? I still can't wrap me head around it and iOS STILL (as of right now) doesn't have native support for exploring your own storage! WTF! I think this is where Apple gets its image of being a phone for social media, games etc rather than some serious mobile communication and productivity.

To end the story, I took out my Z30, opened the awesome browser, signed in into friend's email account, downloaded the file, went to the website, clicked on "browse", navigated to the downloads folder, uploaded the file, hit submit and was done in not more than 60 seconds. He never ridiculed me for using a BlackBerry after that.

BB10 is hands down the best mobile OS and it is a real shame, not just for BlackBerry fans but for anyone interested in mobile technology, that it is shutting down.

The only areas where iPhone excels is the build quality and the quality and integrity of the apps on their appstore but you do pay a ridiculous price for that though. Some think it is worth it, some don't, to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    Own an iPhone, you'll get in this mess yourself. If you own an iPhone, you WORK AROUND it every time. Sending multiple files at once? Not directly from an email received. Etc.
    For that price, unacceptable. KEYᴼᴺᴱ ? Able. iOS's best way is through cloud services. Still unacceptable. As a tool. As a toy? Sure don't matter. 1 is for all. The other is for play/distraction/sales/fashion. Which is which...
    07-02-17 06:08 PM
    To each his own... #the dumbeddownsmartphonecallediphone
    Last edited by C_McD; 07-05-17 at 12:50 PM.
    07-02-17 06:50 PM

Preference doesn't mean android can't do something ios can. You also mention the many shortcomings of the KEYone. Care to elaborate?
    07-02-17 06:54 PM
    LOL. I love it. All the same argument but bbos replaced by the use to be hated just as much android.
    Carjackd likes this.
    07-02-17 07:02 PM
    Preference doesn't mean android can't do something ios can. You also mention the many shortcomings of the KEYone. Care to elaborate?
    I didn't say it couldn't.

My K1 can start to stutter and with a bunch of apps open it can slow down, and I have had apps that crash that cause it to need a restart. Mine does this. Others may not. I've restarted at least once a day since I got the phone because apps refuse to open and crash.

I also think the audio is less than stellar. Turned up all the way it gets distorted and doesn't sound very good.

My signal while normally is ok, but there are times when I don't get a signal or drop a call when it's never been an issue before. I was up at my in-laws earlier this week and I got no signal in their house and I've always gotten a signal before with other phones.

I also have Bluetooth issues sometimes where it cuts out and disconnects and I have to reconnect it. It only happens in my car but it's happened more than once for no apparent reason.

The screen is also very difficult to see in direct sunlight. If I'm wearing sunglasses (polarized) I can't see the screen at all if I rotate the phone to landscape.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the keyboard. Some people may love it but to me it's too squishy. If all the buttons were like the space bar I'd like it a lot more. My space bar clicks but the other keys are mushy and I don't like the feel of them (again personal opinion).

These are what I feel are shortcomings for me.
    07-02-17 07:25 PM
    I didn't say it couldn't.

My K1 can start to stutter and with a bunch of apps open it can slow down, and I have had apps that crash that cause it to need a restart. Mine does this. Others may not. I've restarted at least once a day since I got the phone because apps refuse to open and crash.

I also think the audio is less than stellar. Turned up all the way it gets distorted and doesn't sound very good.

My signal while normally is ok, but there are times when I don't get a signal or drop a call when it's never been an issue before. I was up at my in-laws earlier this week and I got no signal in their house and I've always gotten a signal before with other phones.

I also have Bluetooth issues sometimes where it cuts out and disconnects and I have to reconnect it. It only happens in my car but it's happened more than once for no apparent reason.

The screen is also very difficult to see in direct sunlight. If I'm wearing sunglasses (polarized) I can't see the screen at all if I rotate the phone to landscape.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the keyboard. Some people may love it but to me it's too squishy. If all the buttons were like the space bar I'd like it a lot more. My space bar clicks but the other keys are mushy and I don't like the feel of them (again personal opinion).

These are what I feel are shortcomings for me.
    And just imagine if you paid $800 and up in your own currency for it....

That's us in Canada man!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 07:31 PM
    Negative. Haven't used iPhone nor had desire to use it since getting my KEYone back in February. Well, I mean, I used it in my recent drop test video (that was actually my old Jet Black 256GB one I destroyed the glass on). Still sitting smashed now.

Crackberry Kevin, you're definitely still rocking an iPhone right? Be honest now!
    erinsteadman likes this.
    07-02-17 09:04 PM
    LOL. I love it. All the same argument but bbos replaced by the use to be hated just as much android.
    Consistency is important
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-03-17 12:31 AM
108 12345