For what it's worth, I believe choosing a smartphone is a personal decision. We all have different needs in a device. It is not a one-device-fits-all world (well, not yet, anyway). And am I ever so glad.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 04:27 PM
    Didn't come from an iPhone so I can't say one way or another if I agree with you. What I do know is that I've been relying so heavily on my PKB (8310) that a VKB device would never suffice.

I agree with a few posters on here that you really can't compare an iPhone or any slab to a KEYᵒⁿᵉ , apples to oranges. If you want the best PKB on the market then go with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, if you want a VKB device there are many to choose from. I will say that if I had the choice of a slab phone I would be looking beyond the "iPhone S8" family.
    07-01-17 04:42 PM
    Didn't come from an iPhone so I can't say one way or another if I agree with you. What I do know is that I've been relying so heavily on my PKB (8310) that a VKB device would never suffice.

I agree with a few posters on here that you really can't compare an iPhone or any slab to a KEYᵒⁿᵉ , apples to oranges. If you want the best PKB on the market then go with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, if you want a VKB device there are many to choose from. I will say that if I had the choice of a slab phone I would be looking beyond the "iPhone S8" family.
    You mean 'apples to blackberries', right? ☺
    tnewton3 likes this.
    07-01-17 05:51 PM
    You mean 'apples to blackberries', right? ☺
    Correct...my bad.
    07-01-17 05:58 PM
    I hate IOS with a white hot passion.... with that said, the K1 is what I'd buy if I was in the market right now.

I'm writing this on a DTKE60, and was sent a K1 for review which I had to return - - so no horse in the race.

It's an awesome but not perfect device.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    07-01-17 06:28 PM
    Is this review of the KEYone or a op-ed for why iPhone 7 is better?
    Barbareren and christenmartin like this.
    07-01-17 07:08 PM
    Apart from the issues some have pointed with the iPhone, I got one more. Not to **** on Apple, but story time!

I was out with a friend when he suddenly remembered he had to upload an assignment to his University's website. There were approx 15 minutes left until deadline.

He took out his iPhone 6S, downloaded the email attachment (a PDF), went to his University's website, then to the upload page and clicked on browse to upload the downloaded file. What did he see? The "Gallery". Yeah, the Gallery was the only option to choose a file from! No way to upload a downloaded file that is on the device itself! Of course there's an app to do that but seriously? No OS-level support for this task?

That is when it struck me, the iPhone and the whole Apple paradigm for tablets and phones is toward people who consume content rather than create it or edit it. The Gallery? I still can't wrap me head around it and iOS STILL (as of right now) doesn't have native support for exploring your own storage! WTF! I think this is where Apple gets its image of being a phone for social media, games etc rather than some serious mobile communication and productivity.

To end the story, I took out my Z30, opened the awesome browser, signed in into friend's email account, downloaded the file, went to the website, clicked on "browse", navigated to the downloads folder, uploaded the file, hit submit and was done in not more than 60 seconds. He never ridiculed me for using a BlackBerry after that.

BB10 is hands down the best mobile OS and it is a real shame, not just for BlackBerry fans but for anyone interested in mobile technology, that it is shutting down.

The only areas where iPhone excels is the build quality and the quality and integrity of the apps on their appstore but you do pay a ridiculous price for that though. Some think it is worth it, some don't, to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 07:48 PM
    One thing iPhone still can't do : reply to email, ADD pdf, send.

You'll say something about some "cloud service" that allows you to do so. But the fact is that, not having some type of "" where you can save/move/delete/send files FROM internal storage is just too big of a pole to have up.
    Yeah that's totally wrong. You can store files locally very easily and send them as an attachment. You simply have to download a file explorer just like you do on Android.
    southlander likes this.
    07-01-17 09:19 PM
    Yeah that's totally wrong. You can store files locally very easily and send them as an attachment. You simply have to download a file explorer just like you do on Android.
    Really? You can now actually browse the iPhone's file system? That hasn't been possible without a jailbreak before... If that's true, that is a big step in the right direction for the iPhone, imo (I haven't used one for awhile...).
    07-01-17 09:25 PM
    Really? You can now actually browse the iPhone's file system? That hasn't been possible without a jailbreak before... If that's true, that is a big step in the right direction for the iPhone, imo (I haven't used one for awhile...).
    No you cannot go into the system files. But you can download any file and store it locally and attach it to an email etc.
    07-01-17 09:27 PM
    Yeah, some arguments here about how ios is bad enough to warrany extra applications, whilst majority of fixes to the k1 on CB is to download tons of 3rd party apps from texting to dialer to improve usability.

I will agree maybe 3+ years ago I was more productive on BBos and bb10 rather than any other OS. Currently even ios is up to task. I dont know whether the arguments in this post are based on old facts, things are evening up now. And the future is in cloud not device storage.
    07-01-17 09:32 PM
    Correct...my bad.
    Sorry! A wink won't show up!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 01:18 AM
    Yeah, some arguments here about how ios is bad enough to warrany extra applications, whilst majority of fixes to the k1 on CB is to download tons of 3rd party apps from texting to dialer to improve usability.

I will agree maybe 3+ years ago I was more productive on BBos and bb10 rather than any other OS. Currently even ios is up to task. I dont know whether the arguments in this post are based on old facts, things are evening up now. And the future is in cloud not device storage.
    I know cloud storage is where it is going, but it makes me paranoid. We have all heard tales of celebrities being hacked and whatnot. Have I used cloud storage? Sure, for game saves and apk files...or stuff that my sister-in-law insists on sending me--because she isn't as paranoid as I am. Have I had a few moments where I wish I had some backup to the cloud? Admittedly, yes, but then again, I should only be tormenting myself because I wasn't vigilant about backing up my files offline more often.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 01:25 AM
    It says a lot about ios that I have set my keyone up to be as much like it as possible.

However it is now better than an iphone due to the added functionality this phone has.

If you get a good unit this phone is an absolute joy to use, the best iv ever had.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 07-02-17 at 04:11 AM.
    07-02-17 03:25 AM
    I know cloud storage is where it is going, but it makes me paranoid. We have all heard tales of celebrities being hacked and whatnot. Have I used cloud storage? Sure, for game saves and apk files...or stuff that my sister-in-law insists on sending me--because she isn't as paranoid as I am. Have I had a few moments where I wish I had some backup to the cloud? Admittedly, yes, but then again, I should only be tormenting myself because I wasn't vigilant about backing up my files offline more often.

Posted via CB10
    You're paranoid but are using Android as your OS?
    07-02-17 05:16 AM
    Gonna drop a whole bunch of warnings here. Knock off the immature name calling. I should probably drop some infractions too but I'm going to be nice since I'm sitting with a coffee, enjoying the view of the forest preserve and I'm in a fairly good mood.
    Keep the thread on topic.

[WARN]Taking Threads Off Topic - While the interplay of a conversation in the forums will naturally wander; members must not intentionally derail a thread from its original topic.[/WARN]

[WARN]Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.[/WARN]

[WARN]Inappropriate Language:
    Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, images and links family appropriate. Creative misspelling of profanity to circumvent the filters in place to block variations of profanity will not be tolerated. Moderators may delete or edit posts at their discretion, if posts are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be typically be given a warning for the first violation. Continued violations will result in a ban from the forum.
    [/WARN]
    07-02-17 07:00 AM
    Believe me I wanted to stick with android but when I'm working I can't have apps crashing, refreshing when I'm switching between them, the battery dying every 3-4 hours and lagging when I'm trying to get stuff done that's why I haven't switched back. I'm hoping the keyboard on the KEYone will be worth the trade off for the fluidity of iOS though because I HATE not having a keyboard on my phone.
    Ha you should have tried a Oneplus phone. The Oneplus 3T and now 5 would amaze you as far as battery life, Dash charging and the 6-8 gb of RAM that keeps apps loaded in memory and ready to go.
    07-02-17 07:40 AM
    You're talking about two different animals. I own both and they are both great phones in my opinion. Comparing the two of them isn't really an Apples to Apple comparison. The KEYone is a midrange Android phone and the 7Plus is Apple's flagship.

From a battery standpoint, the KEYone gets better battery life. But its not better in a way that really matters to me. The 7Plus easily makes it through an entire day up until I go to sleep with lots of battery to spare. Could I go two full days on it, no, but I don't care because I charge my phone every night. The KEYone might last a little longer and get me a day and a half, but I charge every night so its a moot point to me.

I really like the KEYone, and its my Android phone of choice right now replacing my ONEPlus 3T. Its got a great camera and the camera takes pretty good pictures. Video is just so so with no OIS though.

With that being said, I prefer using my 7Plus for day to day, and use the KEYone more for fun. Its set up on my second line and while I enjoy using it, I couldn't use it as my go every day phone.
    This is one of most spot on descriptions I've seen for my use case. Thanks for commenting.
    07-02-17 07:41 AM
    my only gripe about the keyone is the round edges. it's hard for me to have a good grip on it. I finally got a cheap case from amazon and it's made a big difference on the way I hold it. other than that, it's a great phone. It's still not a BlackBerry device though.
    07-02-17 08:20 AM
    You're paranoid but are using Android as your OS?
    Touché!

And while I'd like to go off on some tangent about Internet privileges and traded freedom, I realize it is beyond the scope of this conversation (and best suited for a different forum).

But comparatively, yes, I am paranoid.
    07-02-17 09:05 AM
    Touché!

And while I'd like to go off on some tangent about Internet privileges and traded freedom, I realize it is beyond the scope of this conversation (and best suited for a different forum).

But comparatively, yes, I am paranoid.
    Lol, understood. And I'm with you, I was just making a joke.
    NightFire likes this.
    07-02-17 09:06 AM
    The access to the online services is as seamless as having access to internal storage without having to take up space on the physical device. Not to mention having to mess around with moving and deleting files off your phone because it runs out of space due to junk being left on it feels pretty outdated imo.

Most email apps allow PDF sending and multiple file attachments. Outlook works great and keeps my work calendar a tab away as well.

And yes there are apps to edit file names and just about anything else you can think of. If you can't be bothered to download an app that is about as ridiculous as choosing a computer with a celeron processor over a core i7 because the celeron processor computer has adobe reader pre loaded.

I'm not trying compare K1 to iPhone because for me a physical keyboard trumps glass any day, but to argue one OS does so much more than another? I don't see that in 2017.

Believe me I wanted to stick with android but when I'm working I can't have apps crashing, refreshing when I'm switching between them, the battery dying every 3-4 hours and lagging when I'm trying to get stuff done that's why I haven't switched back. I'm hoping the keyboard on the KEYone will be worth the trade off for the fluidity of iOS though because I HATE not having a keyboard on my phone.
    What if you aren't always on WiFi and don't have an unlimited data plan?
    07-02-17 09:17 AM
    Apart from the issues some have pointed with the iPhone, I got one more. Not to **** on Apple, but story time!

I was out with a friend when he suddenly remembered he had to upload an assignment to his University's website. There were approx 15 minutes left until deadline.

He took out his iPhone 6S, downloaded the email attachment (a PDF), went to his University's website, then to the upload page and clicked on browse to upload the downloaded file. What did he see? The "Gallery". Yeah, the Gallery was the only option to choose a file from! No way to upload a downloaded file that is on the device itself! Of course there's an app to do that but seriously? No OS-level support for this task?

That is when it struck me, the iPhone and the whole Apple paradigm for tablets and phones is toward people who consume content rather than create it or edit it. The Gallery? I still can't wrap me head around it and iOS STILL (as of right now) doesn't have native support for exploring your own storage! WTF! I think this is where Apple gets its image of being a phone for social media, games etc rather than some serious mobile communication and productivity.

To end the story, I took out my Z30, opened the awesome browser, signed in into friend's email account, downloaded the file, went to the website, clicked on "browse", navigated to the downloads folder, uploaded the file, hit submit and was done in not more than 60 seconds. He never ridiculed me for using a BlackBerry after that.

BB10 is hands down the best mobile OS and it is a real shame, not just for BlackBerry fans but for anyone interested in mobile technology, that it is shutting down.

The only areas where iPhone excels is the build quality and the quality and integrity of the apps on their appstore but you do pay a ridiculous price for that though. Some think it is worth it, some don't, to each his own.

Posted via CB10
    I agree on the last 2 paragraphs. 100% with you. Bb10 or older. Best.
    07-02-17 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can make the same argument against BB10. Want to print a file? Oh, can't do it natively, need an app for that. Want to do something as simple as block a number from contacting you? Can't do that either on BB10, need an app for that.

All OS's have their strong and weak points.
    07-02-17 01:51 PM
    So just to add a little background, have been a Blackberry fan since the 7230 (back in 2004) I've had literally every single Blackberry since then and currently still own a p9983 graphite, Classic, and Passport SE.

Like every Blackberry release I order the phone asap, I'm from the US but still couldn't wait so ordered U.K. Variant of Keyone from Selfridges on launch day. Since then I've been using the phone but I'm finally done trying to convince myself I like this phone. A few observations

1. Weight of device is awkward, trying to use while relaxing on couch or even in bed has equated to dropping and or not figuring out a comfortable way to hold the damn thing.

2. Overall speed is really not impressive.

3. Phone experience , calling, hanging up, conferencing is far more stressful than the Blackberry I know.

4. Cell antenna(s) are seemingly low quality in someway.

I don't know if these gleaming reviews are coming from those who have just not had the chance to experience iOS because my 7 plus blows this thing out of the water in just about every way, and trust me I don't want it to but ide be lying to myself if I said otherwise. Fluidity, speed, cell reception, overall UI is far less clunky with iPhone then the Keyone. It's funny because I used to say, well it's a business phone so live with the minor nuances, but now I've totally done a 180, the iPhone allows me to get things done a lot quicker then the Keyone with great battery life to boot (iPhone 7 plus) I want to continue to support Blackberry but it's difficult when I have to convince myself that the Keyone is worth using day in and day out.

I would be curious to find out how many Keyone users have switched from an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, heck even a 6s and actually stuck with their Keyone.

Crackberry Kevin, you're definitely still rocking an iPhone right? Be honest now!
    I mean, you realise, that KEYone is almost twice cheaper device than Iphone7?
    and please, tell us, how your iphone 7 has better email (corporate stuff, ya know) experience than any android (not mentioning BB10). I mean, that thing, that you have to sync any of the attachments with iCloud in order to attach anything other than picture to email is just... cute. and quick. and fast. and easy.
    other than that, I would be extremely surpriced if Ip7+, sould perform worse. because of price category.

ant one is touchscreen and another is pkb. everytime I type on touchscreen I curse. a lot
    07-02-17 03:06 PM
108 1234 ...