So just to add a little background, have been a Blackberry fan since the 7230 (back in 2004) I've had literally every single Blackberry since then and currently still own a p9983 graphite, Classic, and Passport SE.

Like every Blackberry release I order the phone asap, I'm from the US but still couldn't wait so ordered U.K. Variant of Keyone from Selfridges on launch day. Since then I've been using the phone but I'm finally done trying to convince myself I like this phone. A few observations

1. Weight of device is awkward, trying to use while relaxing on couch or even in bed has equated to dropping and or not figuring out a comfortable way to hold the damn thing.

2. Overall speed is really not impressive.

3. Phone experience , calling, hanging up, conferencing is far more stressful than the Blackberry I know.

4. Cell antenna(s) are seemingly low quality in someway.

I don't know if these gleaming reviews are coming from those who have just not had the chance to experience iOS because my 7 plus blows this thing out of the water in just about every way, and trust me I don't want it to but ide be lying to myself if I said otherwise. Fluidity, speed, cell reception, overall UI is far less clunky with iPhone then the Keyone. It's funny because I used to say, well it's a business phone so live with the minor nuances, but now I've totally done a 180, the iPhone allows me to get things done a lot quicker then the Keyone with great battery life to boot (iPhone 7 plus) I want to continue to support Blackberry but it's difficult when I have to convince myself that the Keyone is worth using day in and day out.

I would be curious to find out how many Keyone users have switched from an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, heck even a 6s and actually stuck with their Keyone.

Crackberry Kevin, you're definitely still rocking an iPhone right? Be honest now!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-01-17 06:13 AM
    Never mind. Stick with the corporate apple products. My KEYone has been exemplary so far, got it around the same time and place as you. Loving it.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-01-17 07:20 AM
    I will, rocking p9983 and jet black iPhone 7 plus
    07-01-17 07:33 AM
    You're talking about two different animals. I own both and they are both great phones in my opinion. Comparing the two of them isn't really an Apples to Apple comparison. The KEYone is a midrange Android phone and the 7Plus is Apple's flagship.

From a battery standpoint, the KEYone gets better battery life. But its not better in a way that really matters to me. The 7Plus easily makes it through an entire day up until I go to sleep with lots of battery to spare. Could I go two full days on it, no, but I don't care because I charge my phone every night. The KEYone might last a little longer and get me a day and a half, but I charge every night so its a moot point to me.

I really like the KEYone, and its my Android phone of choice right now replacing my ONEPlus 3T. Its got a great camera and the camera takes pretty good pictures. Video is just so so with no OIS though.

With that being said, I prefer using my 7Plus for day to day, and use the KEYone more for fun. Its set up on my second line and while I enjoy using it, I couldn't use it as my go every day phone.
    07-01-17 08:15 AM
    i own both devices. Love the k1 but to be fair. you are absolutely right. but my i7p costed 900 Euro - k1 600
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-01-17 10:29 AM
    iphone is class of its own
    07-01-17 10:31 AM
    IPhone is like going to an all boys private school
    Android is like going to a public school where there are many more opportunities to experience.
    That's just me
    FF22 and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-01-17 11:19 AM
    I have the same feedback. Using 7plus, and PP/iSE for work. Its not the be all device it could have been, and im a pkb user. @69reichertm, price is right. But with promos youre looking at $150 difference on and off. Makes it hard for the non-fanboys who like tech.
    07-01-17 12:19 PM
    The iPhone is way too restricted for my liking. The simplest, most basic things like downloading files from the Internet or sending a file through Bluetooth is not possible on that platform (or it requires some ridiculous workarounds and/or jailbreaking). In addition to limited customizations options. No thanks. Besides, the most obvious point: No physical keyboard. Isn't that the main, or rather only, reason to get a K1 in the first place? Why else would you get it when there are cheaper and better slabs out there? I, for one, will never feel comfortable typing on a glass screen. And believe me, I've tried (both on an iPhone and a DTEK50 for months, and several others in the past). Android is far from perfect, but I'd choose it over iOS any day.
    NightFire, fankuan, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    07-01-17 12:50 PM
    The iPhone is way too restricted for my liking. The simplest, most basic things like downloading files from the Internet or sending a file through Bluetooth is not possible on that platform (or it requires some ridiculous workarounds and/or jailbreaking). In addition to limited customizations options. No thanks. Besides, the most obvious point: No physical keyboard. Isn't that the main, or rather only, reason to get a K1 in the first place? Why else would you get it when there are cheaper and better slabs out there? I, for one, will never feel comfortable typing on a glass screen. And believe me, I've tried (both on an iPhone and a DTEK50 for months, and several others in the past). Android is far from perfect, but I'd choose it over iOS any day.
    I really don't get this argument any more. I was an android diehard since the G1 and ended up with an iPhone when I was forced to turn in my note7. My iPhone 7 plus lasts longer, runs faster, and doesn't lag.

I thought I would be missing things because everyone always claims "android does more" but I'm failing to see what that is. Downloading a file off the internet? What kind of file? If it's any kind of image file there are apps that can open it. I don't see why you would need to download anything else to a cell phone? Especially when the trade off is bad battery life and lag not to mention your resale value dropping to almost nothing a few months from release. Send files via Bluetooth? There's airdrop... and if you don't have a mac why aren't you using google drive? Again I don't see anything that an iOS device can't do that an android phone can do that really matters anymore. Up until a few years ago there were a lot of limitations but they are gone now as far as I can tell.

Edit:
    Those times I'm out and about and I need to do something on a computer I use chrome Remote Desktop. It runs way better on my iPhone than any of my android phones
    phuoc and BB Kid like this.
    07-01-17 01:45 PM
    I don't see why you would need to download anything else to a cell phone?
    That's your clue right there. The K1 is a pocket computer, while the iPhone is an overpriced albeit good phone.
    fankuan and DolemiteDONS like this.
    07-01-17 01:52 PM
    That's your clue right there. The K1 is a pocket computer, while the iPhone is an overpriced albeit good phone.
    You're quoting that out of context. I'm confused and curious as to what files you are downloading that can't be open with a phone app and what the purpose of that would be?

Believe me I love the K1 and am a huge fan of physical keyboards would much rather hammer out emails on a K1 than a glass screen
    07-01-17 01:54 PM
    So I went to an emulator site and I can download a file right to my box.net account....
    Looks like there really is no differences
    07-01-17 01:58 PM
    One thing iPhone still can't do : reply to email, ADD pdf, send.

You'll say something about some "cloud service" that allows you to do so. But the fact is that, not having some type of "📁" where you can save/move/delete/send files FROM internal storage is just too big of a pole to have up.
    Barbareren and fankuan like this.
    07-01-17 02:11 PM
    As I mentioned, workarounds. I don't need a special account to download a file off the 'net. Ever since 2002 I've used my smartphones as I use my computer. I'm a phone-geek. Anyway, it's all about personal preferences. I just find any thread comparing any non-pkb phone to the K1 ridiculous - as its only real selling point is in fact said pkb. It is a niche device, after all, and I'm a niche user.
    07-01-17 02:12 PM
    I would be curious to find out how many Keyone users have switched from an iPhone 7 or 7 plus, heck even a 6s and actually stuck with their Keyone.
    I do come from iPhone 7+/WhiteBerry Passport.

The only reason I reach for the iPhone since KEYone is for gaming. Sold Passport and iPad, iPhone "replacing" the iPad. So, gaming and Apple TV streaming will be its sole utility. (And not too bad as a back up)

Everything else is done on KEYone. For me, it fits better.

Every issue you stated was my personal opinion of this device too. Then I went back to the store having a defective device. Nothing went right with it. Bugs all over. Signal never present. All sorts of issues here and there (heating back...) and what other phones were doing at same locations, it really did not even came close.
    Anyways, new device, new experience. Now I have a (🤞) 100% working unit and what I thought the PRIV was going to be, is KEYone. An "up-to-date" BlackBerry that does it all slightly better than other brands regarding suiting my needs.

The kicker ? I don't even take the iPhone with me anymore when about to photographe something. (Main reason I kept using iPhones until now)

To Be Continued...
    Barbareren and fankuan like this.
    07-01-17 02:28 PM
    I really don't get this argument any more. I was an android diehard since the G1 and ended up with an iPhone when I was forced to turn in my note7. My iPhone 7 plus lasts longer, runs faster, and doesn't lag.

I thought I would be missing things because everyone always claims "android does more" but I'm failing to see what that is. Downloading a file off the internet? What kind of file? If it's any kind of image file there are apps that can open it. I don't see why you would need to download anything else to a cell phone? Especially when the trade off is bad battery life and lag not to mention your resale value dropping to almost nothing a few months from release. Send files via Bluetooth? There's airdrop... and if you don't have a mac why aren't you using google drive? Again I don't see anything that an iOS device can't do that an android phone can do that really matters anymore. Up until a few years ago there were a lot of limitations but they are gone now as far as I can tell.

Edit:
    Those times I'm out and about and I need to do something on a computer I use chrome Remote Desktop. It runs way better on my iPhone than any of my android phones
    What you can't do on IOS? Let me enlighten you, I've been using a 6s for couple of weeks and went back to my passport. Then trade them both in when the KeyOne arrived.
    One major blow for me is you can't attach multiple files to an email, you have to choose a file one by one... this is just not serious for a 'wanna be a business' phone. I know, I know, there are third party app... well, there are other phones as well...
    Second - you can't rename a photo, that is essential for me, cause I use a lot of pictures to send my onside filled in paperworks to office and I need them named correctly and then stick in folder.
    Third - emailing - ridiculous ordering of emails when choose 'organise by thread' - if you receive an email and reply, all good, but when receive a reply to that, you get your last reply/the whole quoted message/, then his last reply/ the whole quote message, and it goes on and on and you end up with a thread of 10 messages but only three exchanged emails... that is a total nonsense, a total...
    07-01-17 03:30 PM
    As I mentioned, workarounds. I don't need a special account to download a file off the 'net. Ever since 2002 I've used my smartphones as I use my computer. I'm a phone-geek. Anyway, it's all about personal preferences. I just find any thread comparing any non-pkb phone to the K1 ridiculous - as its only real selling point is in fact said pkb. It is a niche device, after all, and I'm a niche user.
    Yes, I use my device as a computer in every aspect that it will allow. I suffered some injuries last year that make it painful to sit at a desk for an extended period time. It's nice, when feasible, to be able to recline and word process and email from my phone. With my KeyOne (and Priv), I can print documents, create and edit signs and flyers, access our POS system at work to make changes and pull reports. And let's not forget emails...

Of course, I could do these things from most any modern Android phone, but it is made even easier and more fluid with the physical keyboard that BlackBerry provides.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 03:59 PM
    One thing iPhone still can't do : reply to email, ADD pdf, send.

You'll say something about some "cloud service" that allows you to do so. But the fact is that, not having some type of "" where you can save/move/delete/send files FROM internal storage is just too big of a pole to have up.
    The access to the online services is as seamless as having access to internal storage without having to take up space on the physical device. Not to mention having to mess around with moving and deleting files off your phone because it runs out of space due to junk being left on it feels pretty outdated imo.

Most email apps allow PDF sending and multiple file attachments. Outlook works great and keeps my work calendar a tab away as well.

And yes there are apps to edit file names and just about anything else you can think of. If you can't be bothered to download an app that is about as ridiculous as choosing a computer with a celeron processor over a core i7 because the celeron processor computer has adobe reader pre loaded.

I'm not trying compare K1 to iPhone because for me a physical keyboard trumps glass any day, but to argue one OS does so much more than another? I don't see that in 2017.

Believe me I wanted to stick with android but when I'm working I can't have apps crashing, refreshing when I'm switching between them, the battery dying every 3-4 hours and lagging when I'm trying to get stuff done that's why I haven't switched back. I'm hoping the keyboard on the KEYone will be worth the trade off for the fluidity of iOS though because I HATE not having a keyboard on my phone.
    anon(9304963) likes this.
    07-01-17 03:59 PM
    The access to the online services is as seamless as having access to internal storage without having to take up space on the physical device. Not to mention having to mess around with moving and deleting files off your phone because it runs out of space due to junk being left on it feels pretty outdated imo.

Believe me I wanted to stick with android but when I'm working I can't have apps crashing, refreshing when I'm switching between them, the battery dying every 3-4 hours and lagging when I'm trying to get stuff done that's why I haven't switched back. I'm hoping the keyboard on the KEYone will be worth the trade off for the fluidity of iOS though because I HATE not having a keyboard on my phone.
    1 : you probably have a bad unit. Warranty it.

2: cloud relies on network. So your just screwed without your "super cloud". Not being able to work with YOUR own files offline and not having the " option" outta the box (iOS) is unacceptable "in 2017" - quoting you. As for memory issue, get a 2T SD card. But only if you keep your KEYᴼᴺᴱ, since iPhone does not allow this.

Again, TRADE back this unit. If you get a working unit you'll change your mind.
    07-01-17 04:12 PM
    1 : you probably have a bad unit. Warranty it.

2: cloud relies on network. So your just screwed without your "super cloud". Not being able to work with YOUR own files offline and not having the " option" outta the box (iOS) is unacceptable "in 2017" - quoting you. As for memory issue, get a 2T SD card. But only if you keep your KEYᴼᴺᴱ, since iPhone does not allow this.

Again, TRADE back this unit. If you get a working unit you'll change your mind.
    Why/how would you be editing and sending files with no network connection?

I'll take your word for it and see if maybe I just have a lemon. I really want to love this phone!!!
    07-01-17 04:15 PM
    I will, rocking p9983 and jet black iPhone 7 plus
    Jet black, too. That must be the difference in performance. ~
    07-01-17 04:16 PM
    Believe me I wanted to stick with android but when I'm working I can't have apps crashing, refreshing when I'm switching between them, the battery dying every 3-4 hours and lagging when I'm trying to get stuff done that's why I haven't switched back.
    You seem to be comparing some old or dirt-cheap Android phone to the newest iPhone. Just like the iPhone used to be much more restricted in terms of what you could do with it, Android used to be much buggier.

Fair point about the iPhone being less 'sandboxy' now and that you can use features that were previously not possible unless you were willing to jailbreak it. If you like pkbs that much you should be very happy with the K1. Non of the issues you mentioned are present on the K1 and the battery life is top notch.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    07-01-17 04:18 PM
    Why/how would you be editing and sending files with no network connection?

I'll take your word for it and see if maybe I just have a lemon. I really want to love this phone!!!
    Traveling, network disconnects, other countries, tunnels, planes... Etc. With one you can work offline and prepare everything to be sent once connected. With the other, can't finish your emails unless you get that connection back. Time gained for 1st and in bag phone is.

And I had some of your issues, went back, traded in, new gem ! None of the issues the other had. All fluid.
    Xmeatizmurderx and kbz1960 like this.
    07-01-17 04:20 PM
    Os are that and has nothing to do with how fast a phone is. I used all three. But lately my bb10 is relegated to being at home for blend. My iPhone I don't touch because texting emailing is a pane so is navigating. I have a 6s not a 7plus but a 7plus may be faster but you still navigate and use the is the same exact way. On KEYone at least my OS usage is still bearable. Not Bb10 great but sill better then ios. Ultimately, the OS paradigm is different and so is little things and the intricacies of the OS. Android at least is catching up to BB10 a lot faster than iOS.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-01-17 04:24 PM
108 123 ...