No Dvorak version? Booooo.....
    And don't forget Colemak!
    03-28-17 07:02 AM
    502: Days since the "Vienna" was first leaked

50: Fanboys who are impressed with this strategy
    Lmfao
    03-28-17 07:12 AM
    Far less than enthused with the marketing strategy of TCL and BlackBerry Mobile. Yet when I post something stating that in other threads I get flamed. I agree with the OP, somethings gotta give.
    03-28-17 08:50 AM
    And a partridge in a pear tree...
    03-28-17 09:00 AM
    US version 2 just passed thru the fcc of the keyone https://fccid.io/2ACCJN017
    03-28-17 09:01 AM
    Do we even know the launch date yet??? Rumors aside....there has to be some leak???

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:18 AM
    Yeah they totally got no money for it.

[inaudible low voice uttering]
    Um, the link is about BlackBerry and CrackBerry and BlackBerry Support Forums.
    03-28-17 11:47 AM
    Do we even know the launch date yet??? Rumors aside....there has to be some leak???

Posted via CB10
    Nobody knows. They've told their customers nothing.
    03-28-17 12:12 PM
    Nobody knows. They've told their customers nothing.
    Well there's that tweet talking about April being exciting lol

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 12:26 PM
    Even if we got exact release dates in April (multiple regions), some people would still complain it's too long between MWC and the release date.

With the exact knowledge, what would you do with it?
    03-28-17 01:26 PM
    if it is close, get a part time job and earn extra. or stand on the corner looking for handout. (the salary definitely not budget enough ;-)
    03-28-17 01:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. But I only wanted to reply because your avatar is proper.
    03-28-17 02:41 PM
    502: Days since the "Vienna" was first leaked

137: Days since John Chen confirmed the "Mercury"

95: Days since TCL confirmed we would learn more about the Mercury at CES

82: Days since CES, when all we saw was a prototype with zero official specs or details

31: Days since the MWC launch, and nothing since

26: Days since @BBMobile sent out a tweet of their own

34: More days we could be waiting for the release for BB/TCL to still technically fulfill their promise of an April release

0: Things we know from BB/TCL now that we didn't know a month ago

0: Marketing done by BB/TCL and not CrackBerry since MWC

0: Official communication on anything since MWC

50: Fanboys who are impressed with this strategy
    Agree with your 0's lol. Their initial strategy was great to build hype, but they've done literally nothing since. They've lost a lot of folks interest, nobody knows this device every exists except for the crackberry community!
    megafan2000 likes this.
    03-28-17 03:01 PM
    Even if we got exact release dates in April (multiple regions), some people would still complain it's too long between MWC and the release date.

The Galaxy S8 is being announced tomorrow and will likely be available within a week or two. If people knew when the K1 is coming out they would hold off on the S8.
    03-28-17 06:47 PM
    The Galaxy S8 is being announced tomorrow and will likely be available within a week or two. If people knew when the K1 is coming out they would hold off on the S8.
    Depends if they want a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 07:19 PM
    Agree with your 0's lol. Their initial strategy was great to build hype, but they've done literally nothing since. They've lost a lot of folks interest, nobody knows this device every exists except for the crackberry community!
    The only promotion BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) has done so far has been aimed at BlackBerry users via Crackberry and Social Media. So no interest has been lost because the only people that know about the phone are BlackBerry fans and many will be buying it. TCL is the third largest television maker in the world, they were 25th 4 years ago so I think they know something about developing sales. They certainly have deeper pockets than BlackBerry has had for the last few years and I expect that we will see a proper promotion when the time is due. Hold on and stop questioning things you have no involvement with and do not influence. Hold on and enjoy the ride!!

Or, so I hope! ;-)

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-28-17 07:33 PM
    To respond to my own post above, they also seem to be good at carrying on Brand recognition. You buy an RCA TV they made it. Buy Thomson electronics they made it.

03-28-17 08:01 PM
    Possible there are technical issues that theyre not disclosing? Exploding batteries? Bad antenna pickup? Phone bending?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 08:13 PM
    Possible there are technical issues that theyre not disclosing? Exploding batteries? Bad antenna pickup? Phone bending?

Posted via CB10
    Issues? The phone has never been promised before sometime in April.

03-28-17 08:30 PM
    The only promotion BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) has done so far has been aimed at BlackBerry users via Crackberry and Social Media. So no interest has been lost because the only people that know about the phone are BlackBerry fans and many will be buying it. TCL is the third largest television maker in the world, they were 25th 4 years ago so I think they know something about developing sales. They certainly have deeper pockets than BlackBerry has had for the last few years and I expect that we will see a proper promotion when the time is due. Hold on and stop questioning things you have no involvement with and do not influence. Hold on and enjoy the ride!!

Or, so I hope! ;-)

That's a really good point, yamahammer. TCL may be playing the long game. It's not like smartphones are going anywhere, so they've definitely got time to let a strategy develop.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 12:42 AM
    Issues? The phone has never been promised before sometime in April.

I meant.... discovered issues before putting out in the market. If so, its better to have it fix rather out it to market first then have users complaining later on
    03-29-17 01:14 AM
    So no interest has been lost because the only people that know about the phone are BlackBerry fans and many will be buying it.

I disagree. I think when this device first started appearing online, it was generating a considerable amount of interest from other markets other then their target market. My point was i think they lost some of that attention over the course of this seemingly long period of time. I think TCL really missed an opportunity to launch this thing earlier and generate bonus sales outside of their intended target market.
    03-29-17 02:43 PM
    Ya, all the hoopla with the double announcements n then nothing for a month. Brilliant marketing
    That's why you need to visit crackberry everday! Keyone source the crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 02:47 PM
    That's why you need to visit crackberry everday! Keyone source the crackberry!

Posted via CB10
    I really do and consistently disappointed lol except for BlackBerry Russia and instagram page. Always pop up with new K1 pics n cases n such before it even hits here
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-29-17 06:24 PM
    I disagree. ... I think TCL really missed an opportunity to launch this thing earlier and generate bonus sales outside of their intended target market.
    Considering all the different tasks that TCL has to complete before they are able to release the KEYone, I don't think they have missed any opportunities.
    03-29-17 06:31 PM
85 1234