I missed the behaviour of BB10 when I want to start a call.
    There you can start typing right away and get the suggestion of either the number or the contacts. Unfortunately the Keyone dialer software does not really have a good support for the keyboard (see here).

But on the keyone you have to change the settings for pressing a key to "start search". Also you still can set shortcuts for a long key press. So the phone will behave like BB10.
    pooyam and forrestishmael like this.
    01-09-18 09:27 AM
    Ah yes I'm on AAQ302 also (BBB100-2 - Unlocked UK model)... at least it's not me going mad! Hopefully I'll get the option in a future update soon.
    + 1
    01-09-18 10:32 AM
    This option is not available on my updated Sprint version (but I wish it was!). Wondering how this interacts with the fingerprint login that I use. Fingerprint is deactivated when the phone rings so double click works whether the phone is locked or not?
    This is correct. With the phone locked, I can answer a call by double-tapping the space bar.
    01-09-18 01:37 PM
    Ah yes I'm on AAQ302 also (BBB100-2 - Unlocked UK model)... at least it's not me going mad! Hopefully I'll get the option in a future update soon.
    I found this option in a different location, too! Follow this path:

Dialer App > Click the three dots to the right of the "Search contacts" bar > Settings > Space Key > Enable "Space key answer call" option.

Hope this helps!
    nashama likes this.
    01-09-18 01:46 PM
    I found this option in a different location, too! Follow this path:

Dialer App > Click the three dots to the right of the "Search contacts" bar > Settings > Space Key > Enable "Space key answer call" option.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks! Just discovered the quick answer feature!
    01-10-18 03:00 AM
    I can't find the space bar option anywhere. Neither I find the accessibility settings, nor I have that option in the dialer settigns. Any idea?

It's really strange, the phone does not seem to support picking up and ending calls via key press. Or is there any other option or 3rd party software you could use for that?
    01-10-18 08:14 AM
    I just found this tread and....is fantastic, thanks to all contributors! I've finally set up the search option on keyboard, it is almost same as BB10 now. Than set animation to off, it change the life of the device, incredible!
    MY CONCERN: this discussion is another demostration (if needed) how those guys @ blackberry are ....
    Look: almost all settings hereby discussed are useful to get back, as much as possible, our beloved BB10 behaviour if not enhance device performance.
    WHY THOSE FEATURE ARE NOT IMPLEMENTED BY DEFAULT???????
    In my case: I am struggling with "missed" features and performance since the day I have this k1, I force myself keep using but always PPSE within hand range. now I find out that some of the missed were hided.... meanwhile, 3 friend of mine who look back to BB thanks to this K!, bought it but returned, why? some of the reason are: hub is nice but is so slow, keyboard, nice but do not do the same as BB10...Those guys will not return back a second time soon.

I hope they are working on hub management too.
    I would like to have back:
    1-tapping the folder icon I want set as read or set to be read the email or, in case of group setting, the whole tread
    2-when I open a mail tread, I would like to have all emails closed, line by line, same a s BB10 style. let me decide which of the mail I need to open
    OR...are those request also belongs to the deep hidden features of this OS?
    01-10-18 09:14 AM
    I can't find the space bar option anywhere. Neither I find the accessibility settings, nor I have that option in the dialer settigns. Any idea?

It's really strange, the phone does not seem to support picking up and ending calls via key press. Or is there any other option or 3rd party software you could use for that?
    I was really hoping it would've been there for you. Dang. Hopefully it'll be enabled in a future update. I don't know when this feature came to be for me, but I know it was there at least since the December security patch.
    01-10-18 12:17 PM
    I also have the space bar answer feature on mine and I have had the KeyOne since middle of November.
    01-10-18 12:26 PM
    I haven't seen it mentionned here so i thought i would share the very convenient zoom feature available through 'Magnification Gesture' under 'Accessibilty' settings. It allows zooming the screen quite everywhere that i tested so far through triple tapping as described here :

KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-zoom01-.jpg
    KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-zoom02-.jpg

It actually also works eg when playing videos, pretty cool if you're asking me ^^
    Maxine Hardin likes this.
    01-11-18 06:21 PM
    I was really hoping it would've been there for you. Dang. Hopefully it'll be enabled in a future update. I don't know when this feature came to be for me, but I know it was there at least since the December security patch.
    Yes, I got the update today! Now I can pick up calls with the space bar too.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-14-18 05:38 AM
    when in settings | apps - you can type the letter of the name of app you wanna find and therewith jump to it 👉
    was a feature I missed a lot on BB10, PalmOS and webOS had this ...
    Maxine Hardin likes this.
    01-16-18 07:03 PM
    when in settings | apps - you can type the letter of the name of app you wanna find and therewith jump to it
    was a feature I missed a lot on BB10, PalmOS and webOS had this ...
    I wish the same was true for Settings without the need to tap the search before you do so...
    01-16-18 07:23 PM
    I wish the same was true for Settings without the need to tap the search before you do so...
    Yeah would be great, let's hope...
    01-17-18 03:10 AM
    If you want the Convenience Key to do nothing

Install Button Remapper https://play.google.com/store/...ps/...ar2.homebutton

Then after setting it up go to Add Button and Click Convenience Key.

Open it, enable Customise and under Long press action choose Nothing and you're set.

Similarly, you can use this app to assign, Short, Double and Long Press events to perform actions, launch apps etc.

Last edited by TheBond; 01-23-18 at 04:07 PM.
    pooyam and VeryBumpy like this.
    01-22-18 04:56 PM
    Here's something I badly want and I feel I've seen it when I went through the default tutorial (and can't find it anymore in the same tutorial)

I feel that I can use the scrolling motion on the keyboard to bring the cursor to where I want. Say I want to select a paragraph from a website, so I use the screen to place the cursor. Obviously, it won't stop where I want it to stop... so to finetune the cursor placement, I want to use the keyboard's scrolling mechanism.

How can I do that?
    Double tap the keyboard to go into cursor mode
    01-24-18 01:21 AM
    Double tap the keyboard to go into cursor mode
    Nice tip, thanks I was wondering about that!
    01-24-18 02:05 AM
    If you want the Convenience Key to do nothing

Install Button Remapper https://play.google.com/store/...ps/...ar2.homebutton

Then after setting it up go to Add Button and Click Convenience Key.

Open it, enable Customise and under Long press action choose Nothing and you're set. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7a82a82207.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c0d1f68bc7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b1f747b0a7.jpg

Similarly, you can use this app to assign, Short, Double and Long Press events to perform actions, launch apps etc.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...71f7a37557.jpg
    Thanks. This appears to be the only current solution to the annoying prompt to program the Convenience Key.
    01-24-18 07:23 AM
    If you want to Message Someone on Whatsapp Just Start Typing while on the Chat list and it'll start searching for the Contact's name..
    terminatorx likes this.
    01-26-18 05:16 AM
    the fast way to push a note (or a "task" ) to the hub :
    1 - on hub screen press : C , than E (it will open your first email account to create a new email)
    2- than you press ENTER two times to enter the subject field and then enter the note or task (on the subject field)
    3- press Convenience key to return to hub screen (need to set it to hub)

than you have your note or task on the hub ( as a subject of a draft mail)
    01-27-18 06:39 PM
    This is how I have got it saved. Works fine each time.
    See KEYᵒⁿᵉ KEYᵒⁿᵉ KEYᵒⁿᵉ KEYᵒⁿᵉ https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6af20e78c0.jpg
    Awesome. KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    01-30-18 07:36 PM
    Unearthed!

Spacebar (hold) > scroll down (scroll bottom)
    Up-arrow (hold) > scroll up (scroll top)
    Uglyindian likes this.
    03-04-18 03:55 PM
    Unearthed!

Spacebar (hold) > scroll down (scroll bottom)
    Up-arrow (hold) > scroll up (scroll top)
    Wow!!! Amazing.
    03-04-18 04:34 PM
    The up arrow isn't working for me. Space works though, thanks!
    03-04-18 10:18 PM
    The up arrow isn't working for me. Space works though, thanks!
    Hold the Arrow and press the space.
    Uglyindian and Maxine Hardin like this.
    03-04-18 10:21 PM
343 ... 1011121314