That's the one. Works well for me. No issues typing while using, even if I turn the phone to landscape mode and use vkb.
    How about the Productivity Tab, are you losing it in immersive mode? Are you losing it when hiding the status bar only?
    08-27-18 03:10 PM
    Productivity tab does disappear actually. All I one gestures still works though.

I'm realising I don't actually use the prod tab all that much...
    08-27-18 03:57 PM
    Productivity tab does disappear actually. All I one gestures still works though.

I'm realising I don't actually use the prod tab all that much...
    Last question before I take the plunge:

Is there a quick way to toggle status bar immersive on/off? Perhaps a keyboard shortcut or convenience key? Or the only way to do so is by going into system UI menu?
    08-27-18 04:01 PM
    Last question before I take the plunge:

Is there a quick way to toggle status bar immersive on/off? Perhaps a keyboard shortcut or convenience key? Or the only way to do so is by going into system UI menu?
    It is an option to add to your quick settings menu, but what I do is make it app specific. You can make certain apps use it or create a blacklist as well for apps you still want the bar there for.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-29759.jpg  
    08-27-18 04:19 PM
    It is an option to add to your quick settings menu, but what I do is make it app specific. You can make certain apps use it or create a blacklist as well for apps you still want the bar there for.
    I will need it global with the option to quickly turn it off.

Thank you for all your help!!
    08-27-18 06:22 PM
    I would like to to have one of the keyboard short press keys take me to the desktop. That would be the same as touching the circle button, but I'd like it to be one of the keyboard buttons. Any way to do that?
    09-03-18 10:02 PM
    I would like to to have one of the keyboard short press keys take me to the desktop. That would be the same as touching the circle button, but I'd like it to be one of the keyboard buttons. Any way to do that?
    Yes! Assign the BlackBerry Launcher to one of your keys and you can use it as a shortcut with your speed key in case you have a KEY² or assign it to your Convenience Key.
    09-03-18 10:04 PM
    Yes! Assign the BlackBerry Launcher to one of your keys and you can use it as a shortcut with your speed key in case you have a KEY² or assign it to your Convenience Key.
    Thank you. Tried that now. It works as intended but now I realize it isn't much use because the keyboard shortcuts don't work when you're in most apps. For example if you're in Chrome, pressing a key doesn't activate the shortcut. You have to be already on the desktop which is where I was trying to get to. Oh well.
    09-03-18 10:09 PM
    Thank you. Tried that now. It works as intended but now I realize it isn't much use because the keyboard shortcuts don't work when you're in most apps. For example if you're in Chrome, pressing a key doesn't activate the shortcut. You have to be already on the desktop which is where I was trying to get to. Oh well.
    Get a KEY²! Your shortcuts will then work from any screen using the Speed Key.
    AlUrNiMa likes this.
    09-03-18 10:23 PM
    I've recently been using system UI tuner to toggle immersive mode with some apps... youtube, keyboard browser and excel... buys you a little more screen space :-)
    When immersive mode activated what happens with the existing buttons back, home, recent? Will they become inactive, disabled? Because they are not part of display and display can't be extended, I'm struggling to understand where the “more space“ is coming from. I would be grateful to see some screenshots to understand better.
    10-14-18 03:09 AM
    When immersive mode activated what happens with the existing buttons back, home, recent? Will they become inactive, disabled? Because they are not part of display and display can't be extended, I'm struggling to understand where the “more space“ is coming from. I would be grateful to see some screenshots to understand better.
    Not necessarily! In other words, you can definitely use immersive mode and maintain your capacitive navigation buttons & keyboard.

Read this (link below); it will answer your question & more:

/blackberry-key2-f472/immersive-mode-write_secure_settings-1154878/
    10-14-18 12:17 PM
    Great thread. I've been trying some of these tips out on my BlackBerry Classic. Classic also has programmable shortcut keys and little things like hit the spacebar twice for a period. I'm getting ready to upgrade to a new BlackBerry and seems like I am just now learning how to work the classic. I'm really pumped up about upgrading! It sounds soooo cool!
    01-07-19 05:28 PM
    App updates are in PlayStore (swipe right from the left menu and check for "My Apps.." ). You'll see the updates there.
    Besides, the settings in PlayStore by default are on auto update on WiFi, so you may have all updated. Just check the settings within PlayStore (again from left menu)

The system updates should appear automatically as far as you haven't switched it off. In the App drawer, look for an app called "Updates". This is where you'll find the System update. You can also check the settings from the app, whether it's on auto-check etc.

Hope it helps.
    It's in seTtings now under system since Oreo
    10-11-19 08:41 PM
    got it. thank you. missed that one.
    Mine set to LARGE but OK is there...
    10-11-19 08:50 PM
    Those three dots (aka ellipses) means the button has other options. In the keyboard case, it offers you further keyboard options like emojis, settings, mic etc.

They can't be programmed for an in app menus unfortunately. Some apps probably can take advantage of shortcuts within if they want to. For eg convenience key to do something else or long or short press a key.
    Button mapper can assign convenience key to a non function... there's a thread for that on CB
    10-11-19 08:55 PM
    8. Bonus tip, this also works completely in the background, meaning you can hit the home button (circle) and youtube will not stop
    9. In this mode youtube stops only when the screen is turned OFF
    Awesome tips! I achieve this by using YouTube on browser in desktop mode

Do you happen to know a solution to my query posted here? https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13459489
    I'd be forever grateful!
    11-04-19 08:53 AM
    Go to Keyboard setting - Blackberry-keyboard - Keyboard for multiple languages - press the + sign and add your own multiple language keyboard. It works astonishingly well (even better than on the Passport)
    My options to add are greyed out, cannot toggle them - any idea why? I'm sure it's a user problem, I'm talented like that
    11-04-19 09:07 AM
    will read all this with attention
    07-18-23 06:23 PM
343 ... 121314