Thanks it's very strange Samsung s7 is not loosing wifi connection at all
    07-10-17 02:56 AM
    im sure theres planny .. but the one i like the most and alwayes make smile in my face ... the option where u when ur typing it give also the sugestion emoj ... for ex if u say hello .. it give u the hand emoj betwenn the sugtion words i case u wana use .. and every word u say if thers fit emoj for it it shows .,.. i find it alwayes satisfinng and funny ... it was off my defult somwhere in the seting .. i turn it on
    07-11-17 09:29 PM
    Is there anyway to have the volume rockers skip tracks like bb10? Looked through some options but cant find anything
    Does someone have an answer for this? I know of one app that does this (Button Mapper), but the app does not work when the screen is off (and makes it a useless app for me).
    07-15-17 11:09 AM
    love the double tap when you scroll and accidentally close the screen by swiping into the home button!
    jimmy8269 likes this.
    07-15-17 01:22 PM
    Speed up your phone by removing or reducing the animations......
    1. Settings, about, tap on build number several times.
    2. Turn on Developer mode.
    3. Set animation speed faster or off.
    4. Reboot device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.

Also helpful for speed...
    1 - Go to settings, storage, internal, and hit cached data.
    Wow thanks for this! I hate animations, this makes phone feel so much snappier. Always turn off animations in Windows also and makes it snappier
    07-17-17 09:53 PM
    Anyone miss the feature in BB 10 OS for creating a follow-up meeting? I am used to by clicking "follow-up" on an existing even in calendar; you don't have to retype the subject, but just editing a new date & time in the pop-up screen.
    It is different from recurring event with a fixed interval. Anything close to this in Keyone?
    07-19-17 07:48 PM
    Lots of great tips here, thanks.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for '.com' suffix when typing URL?

Surprised I can't seem to find this readily available on Keyone. Most Android and iPhones do this by simply holding the '.' key or sometimes there's a dedicated '.com' key on the virtual keyboard.

Thanks!
    RK_BB likes this.
    07-20-17 07:35 AM
    Swipe up on the app drawer to access the app drawer a bit faster
    naijab0y likes this.
    07-20-17 11:39 PM
    I use an android three button earset and works awesome giving me all of the music controls on the Mic! There aren't alot of em out there that are good quality so look around!
    07-21-17 04:09 AM
    Swipe up on the app drawer to access the app drawer a bit faster
    What? Swipe up on what EXACTLY?
    07-21-17 07:22 AM
    The app draw widget/icon on the home screen.
    07-21-17 07:38 AM
    Still getting used to the keyone coming from my Passport (whose USB socket started dying, encouraging me to do the switch). Found this thread very helpful.

Trying my way around the hub I found the following shortcuts:

1) press c to compose a message
    2) press t for top of the screen, b for bottom
    3) press p for the next day (page)
    4) press u to move to the next unread message
    5) press s to open the search bar
    6) press n, release but leave the finger on the button: the list with the next events slides open and closes once you move your finger away from the key.

Now is there a way to mimic such shortcuts in other apps? I used t and b heavily in the blackberry browser. As stated here in the thread bb browser is downloadable and it works there. But is there a way/app to get this to work in other browsers or other apps in general?

Two other things: The help (German version) mentions to open the symbols keyboard by swiping down on the keyboard. That doesn't work here. Swiping up to select word suggestions does work.

The help also mentions a couple of times to (translated from German here) 1) swipe down from top to bottom over the screen, 2) touch > xyz > abc. E. g. for changing the ringtones help says to swipe down and touch > sounds > ringtone. If I swipe down there neither is a '>' nor any of the mentioned options. I need to press the settings gear wheel to find any options at least resembling what is mentioned in help. Am I missing something?
    07-24-17 02:02 PM
    Sym key use:
    If you want to input special characters just press Sym key and then use PKB for continuous inputting. This is Sym lock equivalent

If you want the selection to hide automatically then keep the Sym key pressed while you use either PKB or on-screen to input your character(s) and then let go Sym.

Sym key lock is essential to use VKB for swiping keyboard too.
    Hope you guys enjoy the tip.
    08-04-17 04:32 AM
    Two other things: The help (German version) mentions to open the symbols keyboard by swiping down on the keyboard. That doesn't work here. Swiping up to select word suggestions does work.
    You don't need swipe down any more since we have a dedicated Sym button. That help is outdated and is not updated for KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Honestly I won't think everything is meant for KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

Also see my post above about making use of Symbols.
    jsimon208 likes this.
    08-04-17 04:35 AM
    Speed up your phone by removing or reducing the animations......
    1. Settings, about, tap on build number several times.
    2. Turn on Developer mode.
    3. Set animation speed faster or off.
    4. Reboot device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds.

Also helpful for speed...
    1 - Go to settings, storage, internal, and hit cached data.
    I don't have that option. Maybe latest up date renamed? I have Window animation scale and transition animation scale, but no 'animation speed'. The options I mention have values from 0.5x to 10x, no 'faster'.
    jsimon208 likes this.
    08-06-17 01:50 AM
    I don't have that option. Maybe latest up date renamed? I have Window animation scale and transition animation scale, but no 'animation speed'. The options I mention have values from 0.5x to 10x, no 'faster'.
    Just turn off all animation scales.
    jsimon208 likes this.
    08-08-17 03:08 AM
    Is there any way to jump to the next text box without tapping it? For example, when logging into a site, is there a way to jump directly from the username box to the password box without using the touch screen, like how the tab key works on a PC?

Also, is there any way to rearrange the order of the two symbols keyboards? I very rarely use anything on the first one, and would rather that the second one comes up first. The workaround that I've been using is just creating a custom one that is identical to the second one, but then I have to cycle through all three just to close the symbol keyboard when I'm done. Is there a quick way to dismiss this keyboard and go back to using the regular keys?

Sym key use:
    If you want to input special characters just press Sym key and then use PKB for continuous inputting. This is Sym lock equivalent

If you want the selection to hide automatically then keep the Sym key pressed while you use either PKB or on-screen to input your character(s) and then let go Sym.

Sym key lock is essential to use VKB for swiping keyboard too.
    Hope you guys enjoy the tip.
    This is very useful. Thank you.
    08-13-17 03:47 AM
    Lots of great tips here, thanks.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for '.com' suffix when typing URL?

Surprised I can't seem to find this readily available on Keyone. Most Android and iPhones do this by simply holding the '.' key or sometimes there's a dedicated '.com' key on the virtual keyboard.

Thanks!
    This would be a great feature update!!!
    08-13-17 11:00 AM
    New keyboard update has changed the way we have Symbols entered using PKB.

Now if you want to continuously input symbols, either you keep the Sym key pressed and use the corresponding PKB key or use on-screen characters directly
    08-25-17 05:22 PM
    dont know if already posted :
    press ALT 2 x : lock the alt keys (numeric and symbols). ALT again : turn off
    press Shift 2 x : uppercase lock . shift again : turn off
    RoninX, dollface, aconteci and 1 others like this.
    08-31-17 05:46 PM
    Hi,

This tip is a solution to a particular problem of remapping search, but it also opens up a multitude of other options to leverage the productivity of the physical keyboard.

The goal is to add the so called Nova Action shortcut that comes with the Nova launcher (I'm not affiliated, but I've been using that one since forever and it's brilliant, sadly not much use on keyone because of PKB) Once that is installed but not enabled there will be the Nova action in the shortcuts available to assign to keys and that's where a 'search' and a lot of other great features can be added.

Any questions I'll try to help.
    09-02-17 04:11 PM
    Hi,

This tip is a solution to a particular problem of remapping search, but it also opens up a multitude of other options to leverage the productivity of the physical keyboard.

The goal is to add the so called Nova Action shortcut that comes with the Nova launcher (I'm not affiliated, but I've been using that one since forever and it's brilliant, sadly not much use on keyone because of PKB) Once that is installed but not enabled there will be the Nova action in the shortcuts available to assign to keys and that's where a 'search' and a lot of other great features can be added.

Any questions I'll try to help.
    Not totally understand what is mentioned here but I think there's already tips around making use of Nova Actions (like mapping N for Notification tray etc) or other Nova Activities.

How is 'search' in Nova Actions, any different to the default search shortcut that can be mapped to a key?

However having Nova does open up quite a few options. If you're using it, I'd like to suggest to try QuickShortcutMaker from PlayStore as well. It gives you even more options and you can add particular actions that you can't within Nova Activities.
    09-02-17 06:03 PM
    if you'd like to remap the built in search to a different key it's not possible to find directly
    09-02-17 06:17 PM
    if you'd like to remap the built in search to a different key it's not possible to find directly
    Do you mean Device Search or Google or Google Assistant?
    09-02-17 06:23 PM
    more info here https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...rtcut-1114589/
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 09-04-17 at 10:34 AM. Reason: fixed link
    09-02-17 06:34 PM
343 ... 7891011 ...