Haven't seen this mentioned yet, probably just an Android N feature but if you click the square button to bring up the App changer, you can long press an App, drag it to the top of the screen and do split screen!
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-screenshot_20170602-003917.jpg  
    gritsinct, tommyv and charlieleach like this.
    06-02-17 12:40 AM
    If you swipe down on the Keyboard to see your Agenda in the Hub you can tap the lower row of keys to open the calendar.
    Diana Melamet and knightfall like this.
    06-02-17 01:09 AM
    Exactly the same here...would be a very nice feature.
    06-02-17 02:20 AM
    if you click the square button to bring up the App changer, you can long press an App, drag it to the top of the screen and do split screen!
    And if you double-tap the square button, you'll switch to the previously used app. Double-tap again and you're back where you started.
    akshay_neudigit likes this.
    06-02-17 02:35 AM
    Here's how you pull down the notification shade with the keyboard.

Download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldownstatusbar

Then add it as a short press/long press on your keyboard. I use the letter N. It pulls down the shade immediately. It doesn't open an app first or something like that.

I'm not affiliated with the app in any way. I just hated reaching to the top to pull down the shade so I tried a bunch of apps. This one has no ads, tracking bull, and is completely free like the developer says.
    06-02-17 12:22 PM
    Pressing CTRL + Enter is doing the following

1. Either it simply doesn't respond.
    2. If it respond to the action it will save the mail as a draft and send a blank email.
    3. Opening the draft and sending it again using the shortcut works.
    @LiamQ your attention when you have a chance please.
    Exactly...buggy
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-02-17 12:29 PM
    If anyone can please tell me how to do the following I will give you my first born male child:

When you press the sym button for the virtual keyboards, there are two keyboards and it takes a second press of the sym button to get to the second one. Is there a way to switch the order of the two keyboards?

I get that I could make a new custom keyboard that shows up first, but all the things I use are on that second keyboard, so it would seem like there has to be a way to just swap the order of the two that are there.

TIA,
    J
    06-02-17 08:12 PM
    In creating a calendar entry, how do you get past the Date setting??? No opportunity to enter/Okay HELP

Calendar shortcuts:

C - Create new
    T - Go to Today

D - Day view
    W - Week view
    M - Month view
    A - Agenda

N - Next period
    P - Previous period
    06-02-17 09:24 PM
    In creating a calendar entry, how do you get past the Date setting??? No opportunity to enter/Okay HELP
    Didn't quite understand what you mean? You should be able to input all details of a calender / appointments entry
    06-02-17 09:29 PM
    I can't get past this point on the K1, Full screen Priv or Dtek's there was additional space at the bottom with Ok or cancel

KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-screenshot_20170602-193350.jpg

Didn't quite understand what you mean? You should be able to input all details of a calender / appointments entry
    06-02-17 09:37 PM
    I can't get past this point on the K1, Full screen Priv or Dtek's there was additional space at the bottom with Ok or cancel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170602-193350.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	424444
    Looks like it's more of a resolution issue.
    Could be a bug nevertheless.

My display settings are
    Display: Default
    Font: Small

06-02-17 09:53 PM
    Same here. Will wait for an Update
    06-02-17 10:22 PM
    Same here. Will wait for an Update
    It can't be the same. I got it working just fine on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

I just played with my settings and compared to what you have. You will definitely have Display size set to Larger.

This is how I have it on mine. You can see the OK/Cancel button as far as you're not on Larger.
    06-02-17 10:27 PM
    got it. thank you. missed that one.

It can't be the same. I got it working just fine on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

I just played with my settings and compared to what you have. You will definitely have Display size set to Larger.

This is how I have it on mine. You can see the OK/Cancel button as far as you're not on Larger. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9221793c4.jpg
    06-02-17 10:29 PM
    Great thread, thanks guys.

- Is there a good way to switch tabs in chrome? Hate reaching to that little "2" .. "3".. digit up there

- Any way to disable the convenience key? (pushes my car's phone holder side arm). I can't seem to assign "nothing". (if I clear the assignment, then pressing the key will open up the choices!)

- I need to find a way to assign foreign language characters to the PKB (when I switch language, it always opens the VKB and PKB still types English). Any idea?

- A way to open Hub by swiping right on home screen? I think someone mentioned but I can't seem to find now

- Assign a keyboard shortcut to open a web page. Couldn't find a way
    Last edited by pooyam; 06-03-17 at 06:32 AM.
    06-02-17 11:17 PM
    Awesome thread.

My biggest challenge has been trying get the keyboard and screen to appear in my hands. Any tips!
    pooyam likes this.
    06-02-17 11:32 PM
    I notice the zero key has 3 dots on it that look similar to the 3 dot menu icon in Android app. Is there anyway to the zero/3 dots key work to open the same menu that tapping the icon on the screen would open?
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-03-17 08:43 PM
    I notice the zero key has 3 dots on it that look similar to the 3 dot menu icon in Android app. Is there anyway to the zero/3 dots key work to open the same menu that tapping the icon on the screen would open?
    Those three dots (aka ellipses) means the button has other options. In the keyboard case, it offers you further keyboard options like emojis, settings, mic etc.

They can't be programmed for an in app menus unfortunately. Some apps probably can take advantage of shortcuts within if they want to. For eg convenience key to do something else or long or short press a key.
    Luke Beauchamp and j21jam6 like this.
    06-03-17 08:47 PM
    ^ Drat. My problem is the Keyone is way longer than my old Classic was. It's hard to reach the menu icon at the top of the screen when I'm holding the Keyone. I was hoping there was a shortcut to open the menu using a key (like you could on early Androids before they replaced the menu button with the recent apps button).

KEYone productivity tricks and tips (the ones not already written down!)-menu-button.png
    06-03-17 11:05 PM
    ^ Drat. My problem is the Keyone is way longer than my old Classic was. It's hard to reach the menu icon at the top of the screen when I'm holding the Keyone. I was hoping there was a shortcut to open the menu using a key (like you could on early Androids before they replaced the menu button with the recent apps button).

Name:	menu button.png 
Views:	624 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	424528
    The menu button isn't there any more in new phones. Most of the apps have moved away by implementing in-app menus using swiping from left.

So it's not a big issue. The problem with shortcuts is that they're app driven. Convenience Key is the only one that can go cross apps however some apps can overwrite it as well.
    06-03-17 11:12 PM
    Is there a way to set the convenience key to open in app menus?
    06-04-17 12:15 AM

Name:	menu button.png 
Views:	624 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	424528
    You can definitely do this and a heck of a lot more like for example left swipe for Hub with this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...os.aiogestures

I have it setup to roll down the notification panel with a long press of the Back key but you can do pretty much whatever suit you!

Happy modding
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    06-04-17 12:22 AM
    A fun bonus for any of you that want to link up a bluetooth keyboard at the coffeehouse. All of the Keyone shortcuts work perfectly with the keyboard so you can essentially power pack your keyboard with over 50 one touch functions. Eliminates tons of screen touches and minimizes the need for a bluetooth mouse.
    06-04-17 08:23 AM
    Another keyboard tip: If you need to SSH into a machine or do some other Linux stuff without an external keyboard, here are the most important shortcuts which work directly from the KEYone's keyboard:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...board-1110718/
    lilituc likes this.
    06-04-17 08:57 AM
    Is there anyway to have the volume rockers skip tracks like bb10? Looked through some options but cant find anything
    That would be an incredible feature! Like the original berries scroller!
    mhw100 likes this.
    06-04-17 11:10 AM
343 12345 ...