Bad signal reception...tcl need to fix it

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 11:50 PM
    I can only say mine is not plagued by such an issue. In fact it has better reception than Priv and seems to be about the same level as the Note 7.
    hpjrt likes this.
    06-08-17 03:23 AM
    I can only say mine is not plagued by such an issue. In fact it has better reception than Priv and seems to be about the same level as the Note 7.
    Are you by chance in or near a city?

I've noticed that mine has excellent reception at work (city) and poor reception at home (county). This leaves me wondering if those who are reporting no concerns with reception are in populated areas with greater signal?
    06-10-17 10:16 AM
    I don't have any issues, signal is awesome! 4 to 5 bars in most places.
    06-10-17 10:25 AM
    I would definitely say the ketone gets better reception than any other phone I've had. Send it back bad antenna.
    06-10-17 12:07 PM
    Also, auto corrected keeps changing to ketone. It's going back. ;-)
    06-10-17 12:08 PM
    I would definitely say the ketone gets better reception than any other phone I've had.
    Same here.
    06-10-17 03:36 PM
    I've had my KeyOne (Rogers) for 8 days and I noticed 2 things so far :

- At first, the 4G signal was weak and fading in and out a lot, which was concerning because this can strain the battery. And sure enough, in the first 4 days, I was disappointed in the battery performance which was frankly only average.

- Then,on day 5, things suddenly got a whole lot better! The 4G signal is much more stable now. And the battery....Wow....really good!

Conclusion : The battery needs to cycle a few times before it finds its groove. For me, it took 5 days.

Conjecture : Maybe part of the battery initiation process involves tuning the signal reception ? I've read lots of signal strength posts, and I wonder if this naturally sorts itself out as the phone and battery calibrate in the first few days.

So hang in there with your new KeyOne and give it some time to find its MOJO.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:42 PM
    My signal strength has been perfectly normal since making the transition from PRIV by BlackBerry to KEYone. I will have more details once I venture out of the city.
    06-10-17 04:45 PM
    I've had my KeyOne (Rogers) for 8 days and I noticed 2 things so far :

- At first, the 4G signal was weak and fading in and out a lot, which was concerning because this can strain the battery. And sure enough, in the first 4 days, I was disappointed in the battery performance which was frankly only average.

- Then,on day 5, things suddenly got a whole lot better! The 4G signal is much more stable now. And the battery....Wow....really good!

Conclusion : The battery needs to cycle a few times before it finds its groove. For me, it took 5 days.

Conjecture : Maybe part of the battery initiation process involves tuning the signal reception ? I've read lots of signal strength posts, and I wonder if this naturally sorts itself out as the phone and battery calibrate in the first few days.

So hang in there with your new KeyOne and give it some time to find its MOJO.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure there is any such thing as a radio calabration. Maybe there was an issue with a tower that got fixed near you.
    06-10-17 04:52 PM