Power isn't the only answer for performance. No other phone has a PKB with short cuts, outstanding battery life, quality camera, and the HUB. By all accounts the KEYone performs extremely well and the tech inside is matched properly for the device.
    Posted via CB10
    It gets awesome battery life because it uses slower middle-mediocre chip. The camera itself is poor optimization and lack of ois. Hub and blackberry suites are available in playstore or easily ported adfree using cobalt tools. Pkb is the only one left. Vurnerable screen lift, poor reception antenna, at $550 pricetag?
    07-02-17 07:47 PM
    If performance is your concern, you could get more powerful phone than keyone at the same price.
    you confuse with definition of performance. If the user proficient in KB, say much faster type and acurate on it than VKB, that is performance advantage to him. If he is not interested to play game, the fast processor may have little advantage to him, therefore, it is not on his performance matrix. "powerful" spec could means very little to him in terms of his performance. If TCL marketing confuse spec with actual user performance, it would be a sad day onwords... (BB always key on performance, never was after "powerful" spec reader... most of them, really are very price sensitive type in the droid field... Unfortunately, BB=droid customers is not like BBOS of BB10, too many price/"powerful" spec reader on CB board - newbies that are different than the true "performance" driven users... you can almost tell from their year of joining or number of the post... the spec reader are relatively new to CB... say a year or two, possibly, the old TCL customers jump over to the BBM). Just an observation...
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-02-17 08:28 PM
    you confuse with definition of performance. If the user proficient in KB, say much faster type and acurate on it than VKB, that is performance advantage to him. If he is not interested to play game, the fast processor may have little advantage to him, therefore, it is not on his performance matrix. "powerful" spec could means very little to him in terms of his performance. If TCL marketing confuse spec with actual user performance, it would be a sad day onwords... (BB always key on performance, never was after "powerful" spec reader... most of them, really are very price sensitive type in the droid field... Unfortunately, BB=droid customers is not like BBOS of BB10, too many price/"powerful" spec reader on CB board - newbies that are different than the true "performance" driven users... you can almost tell from their year of joining or number of the post... the spec reader are relatively new to CB... say a year or two, possibly, the old TCL customers jump over to the BBM). Just an observation...
    I actually don't confuse with the performance. True it is a advantage having a pkb for heavy typing users, its a right tool in the right place for the right user. But having powerful processor doesn't mean a little advantage. Processor is common fundamental for any kind of tasks. It isn't joke when you typing long email while multitasking a lot apps in the background then your type experience is lagging because the hiccups. If I consider the price, they should put at least the same processor as dtek60 at least. Just my opinion.
    07-02-17 09:17 PM
    Is there anyone who fancied buying the cool Keyone but unfortunately looking at other options because of Keyone's not so attractive price-tag ?

Posted via CB10
    I would love to...if someone would sell me a Keyone
    07-02-17 09:25 PM
    $550.00 USD for an unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ in the states. Was not thrown by the price whatsoever. Bought two of them with the 1 year warranty through Best Buy on release day.
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-02-17 09:32 PM
    OnePlus 5 and S8. The camera isn't anything special, the Google pixel has the same sensor but their image processing is much better than KEYone's so I think blackberry could improve on that. But to be fair for a blackberry the camera is VERY good, compared to other phones on the market not so much.

You can get hub services on other phones as well, not sure how much it is per month.
    Pixel is north of $800 dollars and no other phone has PKB. There are plenty of slabs we can buy but only one phone has a PKB with short cuts and an excellent battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 09:37 PM
    $550.00 USD for an unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ in the states. Was not thrown by the price whatsoever. Bought two of them with the 1 year warranty through Best Buy on release day.
    Does Best Buys in US sell phones outright?
    They make a big stink of it in Canada (worked forBest Buy Mobile) and try to avoid selling. Usually the only way to do it would be a MTM contract, then cancel the plan soon as you leave.
    07-02-17 09:46 PM
    It gets awesome battery life because it uses slower middle-mediocre chip. The camera itself is poor optimization and lack of ois. Hub and blackberry suites are available in playstore or easily ported adfree using cobalt tools. Pkb is the only one left. Vurnerable screen lift, poor reception antenna, at $550 pricetag?

Slower mid-range chip is optimized for the phone. The overwhelming majority of feedback is that the performance and the camera on this phone is great. This phone isn't geared to gamers so in reality specs are just fine. IMO batteries blowing up is / was a bigger issue than screen lift and Apple has had issues in the past with their antenna. Tech issues are going to happen. The big question is will BlackBerry Mobile correct the issues and learn from it or will they just fold the tent.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-02-17 09:51 PM
    I actually don't confuse with the performance. True it is a advantage having a pkb for heavy typing users, its a right tool in the right place for the right user. But having powerful processor doesn't mean a little advantage. Processor is common fundamental for any kind of tasks. It isn't joke when you typing long email while multitasking a lot apps in the background then your type experience is lagging because the hiccups. If I consider the price, they should put at least the same processor as dtek60 at least. Just my opinion.
    Yet the majority of users state performance is fantastic. Seriously are you talking about a tenth of a second lag? Christ my daughter complains about her iPhone 6s having lag issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 09:58 PM
    The overwhelming majority of feedback is that the performance and the camera on this phone is great.
    You mean feedback from crackberry forums?
    Is it great in comparison with other device at the same price range?

This phone isn't geared to gamers so in reality specs are just fine.
    I know, so it is fine to buy a regular speced device with the price of flagship because it is advertised not to be flagship or geared to gamers.

IMO batteries blowing up is / was a bigger issue than screen lift and Apple has had issues in the past with their antenna. Tech issues are going to happen. The big question is will BlackBerry Mobile correct the issues and learn from it or will they just fold the tent.
    Posted via CB10
    Comparison? After the problem acknowledged, Samsung pulled out those devices from the market also offered the users exchange with other similar flagship (S7). Apple gave the bumper for free for any iphone purchased since antenna problem bubbling up, and that was 2011. But its 2017 already. So what does blackberry/tcl do?
    07-02-17 10:14 PM
    Yet the majority of users state performance is fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    You mean majority of crackberry users right?
    07-02-17 10:17 PM
    Yea - and what if I told you it was $800 and up in our currency loll

Posted via CB10
    07-02-17 10:18 PM
    Yea - and what if I told you it was $800 and up in our currency loll

Posted via CB10
    Was there anything like that before this?
    In my country, keyone is up to $826 unlocked including tax.
    07-02-17 10:21 PM
    Hub and bbry suite of apps actually run just as well if not maybe even better on the K1 than on my Pixel. I did tip down the animations and transition settings to .5 in dev mode. Honestly i think K1 is as if not faster for most core tasks, there may be a slight lag on launching a few apps but nothing near a stutter yet.

I have not pushed the camera but it's very good in bright settings and hopefully tweakable to improve over time. I can't remember what i paid for the pixel but i remember it being very expensive, if i thought it was better i would even switch back but for me the K1 feels like an improvement over hub/Berry on the pixel pretty near perfect device...as long as my screen doesn't pop off.
    07-02-17 11:00 PM
    I purchased my device for the keyboard and considering there was nothing of such calibre in the market, I had no choice. A decade ago, this would not have been an obtainable option. So glad it is now. In the last two years, I have spent more on smartphones than I ever have. Nice that I can afford that luxury, but I understand all too well why for some that is an impossibility. If I felt at&t was going to offer me the KeyOne under some form of contract, I would have held out; frankly, I don't see that happening. Notably, I was sent an email a few days ago stating I was eligible for an S8 (or plus). I guess they don't realize the importance of a keyboard to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 12:11 AM
    Hub and bbry suite of apps actually run just as well if not maybe even better on the K1 than on my Pixel. I did tip down the animations and transition settings to .5 in dev mode. Honestly i think K1 is as if not faster for most core tasks, there may be a slight lag on launching a few apps but nothing near a stutter yet.

I have not pushed the camera but it's very good in bright settings and hopefully tweakable to improve over time. I can't remember what i paid for the pixel but i remember it being very expensive, if i thought it was better i would even switch back but for me the K1 feels like an improvement over hub/Berry on the pixel pretty near perfect device...as long as my screen doesn't pop off.
    Good if that works for you.
    07-03-17 01:25 AM
    I see. your performance is each individual components to compare to the performance of what most of old Chap's "user performance" at system level. The set of "performance matrix" usually set up at design level, to ensure the most cost effective (plus the brand awareness) method to met user requirements. Just look at Black Phone. security is utmost importance, therefore, the phone basically is a network access super machine. little or no app... would you say it is low performance? talk about K1, if the 835 (1)is unknown entity at design time - knowing K1 was designed long time ago. (2) potentially availibility issue at small qty supply with risk of pending law suit (3) marginally improve performance - see the video for comparison of K1 vs sammy (4) unsure battery comsumption at design stage (years ago). compare to 625, (1) known performer for both battery and efficiency, (2) you can lay hands on right the way to optimize at system level (3) adquite performance for all the user matrix (4) superior battery efficiency can be achieved at system level to ensure business usage. it is no brainer for me to select which one. I am usually pusseled why got those mash-mush spec come from some of the Asia brand - like no SD card, but dual sim, massive on board RAM with all the bloadware... I guess I start to see the group of designer just pick the best of every category of device, being processor, memory, camera, what ever, try to mush them together and call it "Power Performance"... oh, Boy, if KX go down to that road, beam me out of CB... (I would perfer black phone any time...if I can lay my hands on one... I guess MIL will not let me..).
    07-03-17 05:58 AM
    I see. your performance is each individual components to compare to the performance of what most of old Chap's "user performance" at system level. The set of "performance matrix" usually set up at design level, to ensure the most cost effective (plus the brand awareness) method to met user requirements. Just look at Black Phone. security is utmost importance, therefore, the phone basically is a network access super machine. little or no app... would you say it is low performance? talk about K1, if the 835 (1)is unknown entity at design time - knowing K1 was designed long time ago. (2) potentially availibility issue at small qty supply with risk of pending law suit (3) marginally improve performance - see the video for comparison of K1 vs sammy (4) unsure battery comsumption at design stage (years ago). compare to 625, (1) known performer for both battery and efficiency, (2) you can lay hands on right the way to optimize at system level (3) adquite performance for all the user matrix (4) superior battery efficiency can be achieved at system level to ensure business usage. it is no brainer for me to select which one. I am usually pusseled why got those mash-mush spec come from some of the Asia brand - like no SD card, but dual sim, massive on board RAM with all the bloadware... I guess I start to see the group of designer just pick the best of every category of device, being processor, memory, camera, what ever, try to mush them together and call it "Power Performance"... oh, Boy, if KX go down to that road, beam me out of CB... (I would perfer black phone any time...if I can lay my hands on one... I guess MIL will not let me..).
    That was just my opinion, it's good if you can still find the value. But I got it, it's 625 actually to ensure the battery life right. You for sure came a long way to say that alone by brought up user matrix and ...

everything else
    07-03-17 08:55 AM
43 12