Is there anyone who fancied buying the cool Keyone but unfortunately looking at other options because of Keyone's not so attractive price-tag ?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 12:17 AM
    Hi,

Absolutely 'me!! I would love it but it's above my budget sadly. If I sell my Passport them maybe I'll get it.

Cheers,
    JP

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 01:01 AM
    Hey JP! Unfortunately BlackBerry 10 handsets have virtually no resale value these days. My Z3 is in a sorry state for long with ghost touch issues and bb10 OS itself struggling bad with dwindling app support. So I really need to find a new handset. Since "Mercury" news were doing the rounds I was thinking of getting it, when I heard its gonna be a TCL phone basically, I really hoped the pricing would be better. But...duh! With extended support of Whatsapp till end of 2017 I might drag on with z3 hoping the price would come down then, but given the current price , I don't think even a price drop by Jan 2018 gonna brighten things up that much in the cost horizon.
    So I am reluctantly considering other options, as I feel waiting that long for it, for nothing, with a disturbing phone won't be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Neon Knight86; 06-23-17 at 02:48 PM.
    06-23-17 01:29 AM
    Recent s8 trade in deal makes me feel that keyone is expensive.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-23-17 01:31 AM
    I'm a longtime Rogers Wireless customer and got the device on $ on a 2yr renewal!
    06-23-17 11:07 AM
    Me. I was expecting it to be on the 400€ price tag, but 600€ is a bit too expensive for that hardware despite the PKB (And BB Services that I don't like). Moreover it looks like that build quality is below what You expect on a device that expensive.
    As someone said, given that Whatsapp support was extended until EoY I'll wait for a price cut + fix for the current issues. But maybe Then there Will be something more interesting in the market.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 12:20 PM
    Hey JP! Unfortunately BlackBerry 10 handsets have virtually no resale value these days. My Z3 is in a sorry state for long with ghost touch issues and bb10 OS itself struggling bad with dwindling app support. So I really need to find a new handset. Since "Mercury" news were doing the rounds I was thinking of getting it, when I heard its gonna be a TCL phone basically, I really hoped the pricing would be better. But...duh! With extended support of Whatsapp till end of 2017 I might drag on with z3 hoping the price would come down then, but given the current price , I don't think even a price drop by Jan 2018 gonna brighten things up that much in the cost horizon.
    So I am reluctantly considering other options, as I feel waiting that long for it, for nothing, with a disturbing phone won't be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya. Honestly my passport will do me for now but even it's starting to die, the browser is just not up to scratch. Maybe by Christmas the KEYone is something I can look at it. I'm not locked to BB10 so I'm ok with changing. I've used apple and Android before. I'm fine with all I'd just rather go with another BlackBerry if I can.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 02:44 PM
    Is there anyone who fancied buying the cool Keyone but unfortunately looking at other options because of Keyone's not so attractive price-tag ?

Posted via CB10
    Price is very attractive!!! No. Priced right for what you get with this phone. Nothing else like it on the market.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 03:30 PM
    You really must want a keyboard. At BB S7 unlocked is now $100 less with 2x the specs. And same price as the edge if you are seeking android. With issues the k1 is experiencing its a tough sell. If we are talking $ for value.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-27-17 03:34 PM
    You really must want a keyboard. At BB S7 unlocked is now $100 less with 2x the specs. And same price as the edge if you are seeking android. With issues the k1 is experiencing its a tough sell. If we are talking $ for value.
    I don't care about specs. Everything in have read about the KEYone the performance is excellent. Value is in the PKB, tremendous battery life, BB software, quality camera.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat and rx8er like this.
    06-27-17 04:09 PM
    I don't care about specs. Everything in have read about the KEYone the performance is excellent. Value is in the PKB, tremendous battery life, BB software, quality camera.

Posted via CB10
    Spec needs are subjective person to person. But thats why i said the pkb should be the deciding factor. Well being it no longer bb10' - bb software it comes with can be loaded on any android device. And it personally hasn't blown my mind, wouldn't judge on that.
    kbz1960 and chain13 like this.
    06-27-17 04:16 PM
    Spec needs are subjective person to person. But thats why i said the pkb should be the deciding factor. Well being it no longer bb10' - bb software it comes with can be loaded on any android device. And it personally hasn't blown my mind, wouldn't judge on that.
    No interest in another slab. I checked BB for the S7 - $492. What the KEYone has to offer is worth $50.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 04:21 PM
    Keyone offering is not bad. Problem is that other competitors offerings are too good. Recent Samsung S8 deal makes other Android phone face palm lol. It's not fair to BlackBerry but Samsung is giant Mobil.
    06-27-17 04:28 PM
    Sure cost is a factor and I was almost ready to kick the physical kb but I hate being the same as the next person. All I see is Apl and Samsung. Even though people say "You still have a BlackBerry" I just smile and say "Yes I do!" Long live Bby and K1
    06-27-17 07:13 PM
    Price is very attractive!!! No. Priced right for what you get with this phone. Nothing else like it on the market.

Posted via CB10
    True, but with the given price we could get more performance horse phone from big company that will actually last longer in software support and performance.

Keyone itself with the unique design has many hardware bugs, like screen lifting and antenna poor reception, which actually can not be solved with only software update.
    06-28-17 10:17 PM
    Me. I was expecting it to be on the 400€ price tag, but 600€ is a bit too expensive for that hardware despite the PKB (And BB Services that I don't like). Moreover it looks like that build quality is below what You expect on a device that expensive.
    As someone said, given that Whatsapp support was extended until EoY I'll wait for a price cut + fix for the current issues. But maybe Then there Will be something more interesting in the market.

Posted via CB10
    Yeap, same here... I was willing to go as far as 400€, but 600€ is a deal breaker for me... don't want to risk giving 600+€ for potential faulty device...

Will have to satify with Lenovo P2 for 250€: pretty much same specs minus camera quality & pkb

Posted via CB10
    06-28-17 11:10 PM
    Rogers Wireless has the device 0$ on a two year renewal or signup.
    06-29-17 09:43 AM
    True, but with the given price we could get more performance horse phone from big company that will actually last longer in software support and performance.

Keyone itself with the unique design has many hardware bugs, like screen lifting and antenna poor reception, which actually can not be solved with only software update.
    There been a few issues like most new phones. There are more that haven't had any issues at all. It comes down to PKB = either it's important to buyers or its not. I haven't decided yet on the KEYone... my concern is the overall size. I don't like large phones.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 08:18 PM

Performance is the reason I would get a Keyone. I don't play games and I watch very few videos on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 08:20 PM
    There been a few issues like most new phones. There are more that haven't had any issues at all.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there are a lot more keyone with no issues. Yet, is it worth to gamble your money?

Performance is the reason I would get a Keyone. I don't play games and I watch very few videos on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    If performance is your concern, you could get more powerful phone than keyone at the same price.
    06-30-17 07:19 PM
    I have a keyone. For the price you can get phones with higher spec and overall better phones. I've seen other phones with similar if not better battery lives, so this phones only advantage is the keyboard.
    06-30-17 07:48 PM
    Yes, there are a lot more keyone with no issues. Yet, is it worth to gamble your money?

Worth the risk? People still gamble Samsung and I phones after the issues they have had. Issues are going to happen... if one does happen just return it.

If performance is your concern, you could get more powerful phone than keyone at the same price.
    Power isn't the only answer for performance. No other phone has a PKB with short cuts, outstanding battery life, quality camera, and the HUB. By all accounts the KEYone performs extremely well and the tech inside is matched properly for the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 07:56 PM
    I have a keyone. For the price you can get phones with higher spec and overall better phones. I've seen other phones with similar if not better battery lives, so this phones only advantage is the keyboard.
    Really I must have missed the phones you are talking about with a PKB with short cuts, outstanding battery, quality camera, and the HUB built into it.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    06-30-17 07:58 PM
    I think it's a very good value for the price, as long as the screen doesn't fall off, it's a better deal than almost any device bbry has released since... we'll since ever.
    06-30-17 08:04 PM
    Really I must have missed the phones you are talking about with a PKB with short cuts, outstanding battery, quality camera, and the HUB built into it.

Posted via CB10
    OnePlus 5 and S8. The camera isn't anything special, the Google pixel has the same sensor but their image processing is much better than KEYone's so I think blackberry could improve on that. But to be fair for a blackberry the camera is VERY good, compared to other phones on the market not so much.

You can get hub services on other phones as well, not sure how much it is per month.
    06-30-17 08:08 PM
43 12