This is obviously a solid device...great keyboard and BB friendly Android OS. That said, there are likely several things on the K1 that they have already realized can be changed for the better. So, my take is that if a second version of the K1 ever gets released, that will be the primo device.

This takes nothing away from the K1. Like I said, I'm sure it is fantastic. I just think that the next version will tidy up the loose ends and any pestering issues that people will have with it.
    05-05-17 07:31 AM
    This is obviously a solid device...great keyboard and BB friendly Android OS. That said, there are likely several things on the K1 that they have already realized can be changed for the better. So, my take is that if a second version of the K1 ever gets released, that will be the primo device.

This takes nothing away from the K1. Like I said, I'm sure it is fantastic. I just think that the next version will tidy up the loose ends and any pestering issues that people will have with it.
    The same could be said for any device. Any next generation device will be an improvement over its predecessor.
    05-05-17 07:33 AM
    Well of course. But I think it'd be foolish to wait for a hypothetical second device. You might be waiting a long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 07:35 AM
    Well of course. But I think it'd be foolish to wait for a hypothetical second device. You might be waiting a long time.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Life is too short to wait for 'the improved version' for anything nowadays.

Buy now and enjoy or be expectant and annoy for 1.8 years.
    05-05-17 07:43 AM
    I didn't say I was waiting...
    05-05-17 07:59 AM
    Jdr, they will release a refresh early next year and everyone who purchased one in the summer by the time it arrives will be pissed...and so the cycle begins. I agree with you from reviews it was a solid shot but the follow up device will be the one to get.

And if there is no refresh coming or plans only in 1.5-2 years thats even worse.
    05-05-17 08:04 AM
    ...and I didn't say I was buying either. Lol.

That's how I see it too, niklow
    05-05-17 10:01 AM
    If everyone waits for the second version to buy a KeyOne, than there simply won't be a second version.
    05-05-17 10:23 AM
    If everyone waits for the second version to buy a KeyOne, than there simply won't be a second version.
    And THAT is the most important thing to remember.

Posted via CB10
    megafan2000 likes this.
    05-05-17 10:28 AM
    The second version would likely be a budget device actually, if we go by the things they have said...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-05-17 10:41 AM
    The second version would likely be a budget device actually, if we go by the things they have said...

Ummm could you elaborate a little? What have they said?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 10:54 AM
    Ummm could you elaborate a little? What have they said?

Posted via CB10
    They have hinted that they wanted to release this phone (before they named it the KEYone) and then a more budget friendly version after it. I don't know if plans might have changed, but this was said a while ago. Sorry for no sauce(intentional), can't remember exactly where I read it.

05-05-17 10:57 AM
    Still waiting for my playbook 2!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 11:02 AM
    They have hinted that they wanted to release this phone (before they named it the KEYone) and then a more budget friendly version after it. I don't know if plans might have changed, but this was said a while ago. Sorry for no sauce(intentional), can't remember exactly where I read it.

I'd rather have them not do a budget friendly version. Because in the eyes of the public it won't really be all that budget friendly for a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 11:11 AM
    If I would like to see something changed on the successor of the KeyOne, it would be those capacitive navigation buttons. Get rid of them. Either make the PKB larger or extend the screen further. Hell I wouldn't even mind physical navigation buttons, although the former options would be better.

Also take another look at the material of the backcover. IMHO both the Classic as well as the Passport SE sported grippier materials with better feel to them. Which doesn't mean the K1 feels bad by any means, it could just be better.
    05-05-17 12:20 PM
    If I would like to see something changed on the successor of the KeyOne, it would be those capacitive navigation buttons. Get rid of them. Either make the PKB larger or extend the screen further. Hell I wouldn't even mind physical navigation buttons, although the former options would be better.

Also take another look at the material of the backcover. IMHO both the Classic as well as the Passport SE sported grippier materials with better feel to them. Which doesn't mean the K1 feels bad by any means, it could just be better.
    Yes, I think that the capacitative buttons will go for either more screen space or larger pkb. Top of phone will likely be altered as well so it's more uniform with the bottom. Probably a bit faster engine with similar battery life as it gets now...improvements to overall camera quality...etc.

At the end of the day, if there is a K2 it means that K1 was a hit. So, maybe we just need to go get one and spread the word.
    05-05-17 12:59 PM
    Aren't those buttons a Google requirement for android? One of those things you MUST have if you want to have Google Play?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 01:19 PM
    Yes, but I think the way they are integrated on th K1 makes them fixed (they don't disappear in certain situations like they do on other Android phones).
    05-05-17 04:05 PM