07-25-17 09:38 AM
    "may" is the KEYword there.....

BlackBerry doesn't launch hardware anymore, their licensees do and in India that would be Optiemus Infracom. Not impossible that TCL and Optiemus have "partnered" and that BlackBerry will help them make an announcement. But it's also possible the Optiemus has finally done something on their own.
    07-25-17 10:01 AM
    (Title tweaked)
    07-25-17 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry KEYone might be launching in India on August 1

Today, BlackBerry and Optiemus have sent out media invites regarding a launch they are conducting in India. It is most likely that they will be launching the much-anticipated KEYone at the event. The launch will be held on August 1 in New Delhi.
    07-25-17 11:55 AM
    If you go to Optiemus Infracom website (Optiemus – Just another WordPress site) , it says "BlackBerry Keyone - Limited Edition Black" Amazon Exclusive. So it will go on sale on Amazon?
    Azumarill likes this.
    07-26-17 06:36 AM
    If you go to Optiemus Infracom website (Optiemus – Just another WordPress site) , it says "BlackBerry Keyone - Limited Edition Black" Amazon Exclusive. So it will go on sale on Amazon?
    Good find! It looks amazing:

KEYone possible India Launch - 01-Aug-2017?-screen-shot-2017-07-26-12.23.10.png
    07-26-17 07:24 AM
    Optiemus Infracom is suppose to be a public listed company but their website seem too basic. (I also encountered several dead links while browsing their site)
    It makes me bit worried about the quality of blackberry that they will release.
    Any thoughts?
    07-26-17 10:23 AM
    Optiemus Infracom is suppose to be a public listed company but their website seem too basic. (I also encountered several dead links while browsing their site)
    It makes me bit worried about the quality of blackberry that they will release.
    Any thoughts?
    I agree with this. So as a stock and going by their earnings statement they definitely would qualify as pretty tiny. I'm talking about this as a business journalist - Optiemus is not a company with widespread coverage. Somebody had posted they are a big manufacturer in India, but honestly, that's not saying much and they are not going to approach the likes of Foxconn or even TCL. So whether they can meet production quality is a fair question I think considering TCL, which is fairly experienced, clearly had issues initially (i.e. Falling screens)
    07-26-17 12:23 PM
    It looks like Optiemus is scrambling to update their website before the rumored Aug 1 launch.
    They deleted all the information about the Blackberry Keyone. (see photo below)
    KEYone possible India Launch - 01-Aug-2017?-download.jpg

Please don't tell me the imported "Black" Keyone is the big news on Aug 1...
    07-26-17 02:35 PM
    I agree with this. So as a stock and going by their earnings statement they definitely would qualify as pretty tiny. I'm talking about this as a business journalist - Optiemus is not a company with widespread coverage. Somebody had posted they are a big manufacturer in India, but honestly, that's not saying much and they are not going to approach the likes of Foxconn or even TCL. So whether they can meet production quality is a fair question I think considering TCL, which is fairly experienced, clearly had issues initially (i.e. Falling screens)
    Here is an interesting find from article dated Feb 3, 2017.
    "Recently, Optiemus set up smartphone contract manufacturing operations with Taiwan’s Wistron in the India. It is this facility where the BlackBerry-branded smartphones will be made."
    Delhi-based Optiemus Infracom to make and sell BlackBerry-branded smartphones in India: Report

So that means Optiemus is just a distributor after all...
    I'm actually not sure if this is good or bad.
    07-28-17 07:43 AM
    Here is an interesting find from article dated Feb 3, 2017.
    "Recently, Optiemus set up smartphone contract manufacturing operations with Taiwan’s Wistron in the India. It is this facility where the BlackBerry-branded smartphones will be made."
    Delhi-based Optiemus Infracom to make and sell BlackBerry-branded smartphones in India: Report

So that means Optiemus is just a distributor after all...
    I'm actually not sure if this is good or bad.
    According to several articles written at the same time as the above quoted one they are going to actually be made in India at the Taiwan-owned Wistron facility.
    Alex Thurber tweeted today that he is headed to India. He wrote cryptically about why he was going as a tease but has been at the major release events for the BlackBerry branded phones in various parts of the world.
    07-29-17 12:28 AM
    @bbmobileindia posted two teasers. Appears to point to launch of a silver model and an all-black model https://mobile.twitter.com/BBMobileI...643712/video/1
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BBMobileI...096128/photo/1
    07-29-17 02:37 AM
    07-29-17 03:17 AM