I'm new to Blackberry and the pkb (my last pkb was a Palm Pre...remember that?). When I came over from a it took me a few weeks to really adjust. Then I had to use my Nexus 6P as I waiting for a K1 replacement (pkb stopped working). After I got my new device I stayed using the 6p for a week or so and now that gave out too.

So I'm back too my K1 and I'm noticing that I have to go back up the learning curve again. It's amazing what a week or too does to your muscle memory.

What are you K1 learning curve experiences?
    12-17-17 11:17 PM
    Its like riding a bike.
    12-17-17 11:35 PM
    Get a typing tutor app and practice typing without looking at the keyboard.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-18-17 07:49 AM
    Get a typing tutor app and practice typing without looking at the keyboard.
    What? Didn't know they had these
    12-18-17 09:30 PM
    What? Didn't know they had these
    These 'learn to type' apps were available even for BBOS.
    12-18-17 09:40 PM
    I would just use it. I think you will get up the curve pretty quickly just by using it every day. The only thing I had to get used to, coming from a Q10, was that I had to get used to a longer
    long press to capitalize a letter.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-18-17 10:15 PM
    I just had to get used to the spacing of the keys. I went from a Nexus 6p to Priv. That was probably the toughest transition because I haven't used the 4-row keyboard since the 9900.

It took a few days but I got the groove back. The Priv to the Keyone was seamless.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-18-17 11:13 PM
    I would just use it. I think you will get up the curve pretty quickly just by using it every day. The only thing I had to get used to, coming from a Q10, was that I had to get used to a longer
    long press to capitalize a letter.
    Thanks...i didn't know that actually!
    12-18-17 11:14 PM
    It's about a two week learning curve and you'll be typing better and faster than ever!
    12-18-17 11:28 PM
    I can't find these two:

The predictive words that appear if you leave the virtual keyboard on, how do you select them?

The little sound the Passport did when selecting one of the three predictive words (left center right) can it be set to the Keyone too?
    12-19-17 06:47 AM
    It's about a two week learning curve and you'll be typing better and faster than ever!
    Yore right! Recently it's coming back to me.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-25-17 01:19 AM
    I can't find these two:

The predictive words that appear if you leave the virtual keyboard on, how do you select them?

The little sound the Passport did when selecting one of the three predictive words (left center right) can it be set to the Keyone too?
    swipe up on the keyboard under the word to select it.
    12-25-17 01:25 AM
    I'm new to Blackberry and the pkb (my last pkb was a Palm Pre...remember that?). When I came over from a it took me a few weeks to really adjust. Then I had to use my Nexus 6P as I waiting for a K1 replacement (pkb stopped working). After I got my new device I stayed using the 6p for a week or so and now that gave out too.

So I'm back too my K1 and I'm noticing that I have to go back up the learning curve again. It's amazing what a week or too does to your muscle memory.

What are you K1 learning curve experiences?
    Took me a month to get really quick. Now i love it
    Byrese likes this.
    12-25-17 06:08 AM
    For me, the biggest hurdle in the learning curve was figuring out where all the special characters I use on a regular basis are. Outside of that, it works perfectly, and after adjusting for a week or two, special characters work nicely too.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-25-17 11:12 AM
    For me, the biggest hurdle in the learning curve was figuring out where all the special characters I use on a regular basis are. Outside of that, it works perfectly, and after adjusting for a week or two, special characters work nicely too.
    It's funny...i just saw the $ key on the bottom right row. Lol
    12-25-17 04:09 PM
    Ya...its finally coming back to me now
    12-30-17 10:39 PM
    A month at least, two or three for typing blind.
    12-30-17 11:25 PM
    please any app to learn typing on K1 can't find any and I'm typing too slowly after passport
    12-31-17 02:02 AM
    I would suggest not to go back to any other phone and give yourself 2 weeks. I don't even have to see the screen as I type this message.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-31-17 02:18 AM
    I would suggest not to go back to any other phone and give yourself 2 weeks. I don't even have to see the screen as I type this message.
    Ya...I've got to give myself another week or two to slay typing on this pkb.
    12-31-17 02:27 AM
    Typing on the KEYone is not nearly as fun as it was on the Classic It just takes too much pressure to type. After a while it really hurts my thumbs. (I had a Classic for 2 years an never had those issues).
    12-31-17 05:26 AM
    please any app to learn typing on K1 can't find any and I'm typing too slowly after passport
    There's an app called Typing Master in the Play Store. You can give that a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.typingmaster
    12-31-17 11:46 AM
    I tried this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dc_typingspeed

and it's pretty nice. I got 33 WPM with 85% accuracy. That's OK for me but I think I'll practice a bit.

In real life, I'm probably doing better because I use the word predictions pretty extensively. It's especially helpful that you can accept a partial suggestions like "extensive" and go back and add "ly".
    FF22 likes this.
    01-01-18 06:41 AM