I bought a KeyOne off ebay (probably not the best idea) and it worked great until the screen fell off and broke the connector.

The local repair shop said they could fix it and it would take about 2 weeks. Paid up front (again, probably not the best idea but I think that's pretty standard policy).

That was in August! Every time I talk to them, they tell me they are still waiting for the parts from Blackberry. Really? Are parts for the KeyOne really that hard to get?
    12-10-18 11:29 AM
    Well, is the 'local repair shop' an authorized BlackBerry Mobile repair shop? Because if not, the chances of them waiting for parts from 'BlackBerry' is slim to none. Where ever they're getting parts might be the issue and they're just blaming it on BlackBerry.
    12-10-18 12:19 PM
    I bought a KeyOne off ebay (probably not the best idea) and it worked great until the screen fell off and broke the connector.

The local repair shop said they could fix it and it would take about 2 weeks. Paid up front (again, probably not the best idea but I think that's pretty standard policy).

That was in August! Every time I talk to them, they tell me they are still waiting for the parts from Blackberry. Really? Are parts for the KeyOne really that hard to get?
    This is a reputable seller and would have the screen in your hands in 10 days or less. perhaps you may ask for your phone and money back as you are being hosed.

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...o-grade-s.html
    12-10-18 01:07 PM
    I have ordered 3 replacement K1 screens now from etradesupply and they've all come in less than 1.5 weeks.
    12-29-18 10:52 PM
    You should demand them to send you your KEYone back ASAP and order the LCD screen assembly from eBay for like super cheap, then either install it yourself (you can follow Jerryrigeverything tutorial) or have a local shop do it, should be fast and cheap
    12-30-18 12:07 PM
    You should demand them to send you your KEYone back ASAP and order the LCD screen assembly from eBay for like super cheap, then either install it yourself (you can follow Jerryrigeverything tutorial) or have a local shop do it, should be fast and cheap
    Generally agree, but careful if ordering a part and assuming you can go to a repair shop. I did that for my wife's Q10 only to be told by the store that they will only do repairs involving their own parts. Diy is a good option.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-18 12:09 PM