Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
11-26-18 10:06 PM
26 12
tools
    I am currently sitting on an iphone 7, really liking the phone for it's simplicity and crazy speed without any bugs or lag, but the batterylife really bothers me. Most days i have to worry about my phone dying, which i really hate.

Im not a big fan of the galaxy s8 plus, its too big for me, and an iphone 7 plus is just not me i guess. Then came the Blackberry Keyone. I am really impressed from what i've seen from the phone so far, but am still a little hesitant to buy.

I mostly use my phone for communicating, and play some clash royale games here and there and watch a couple of youtube clips a day and occasionally watch some netflix (3-4 times a week by average), therefore i am worried that the horizontal movie consumption might not be the best on this phone. What is your experience so far?

Also, i really mostly browse reddit, internet in general, snapchat whatsapp email 9gag etc.

Also 2, how is the batterylife for you?
    Thanks in advance,,...
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

GoToMeeting IrfanViewTown of Salem
    Last edited by Shaun Jawline; 11-23-18 at 12:00 PM.
    11-16-18 05:50 PM
    The Keyone is actually a pretty good phone!
    Great battery, but I cannot comment on Netflix, I don't use it. I have been watching a bunch of YouTube videos, and it works fine for that,
    even the camera is pretty good.
    Phones don't get too much better for communication and messaging than this one.
    All in all, a really good phone!
    11-17-18 01:07 AM
    love my BE.
    11-17-18 04:24 AM
    what exactly is the difference between the be and the se?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-18 06:58 AM
    not bad, hard to read, no QI charge, meh
    11-17-18 09:18 AM
    what exactly is the difference between the be and the se?

Posted via CB10
    The BE has better specs - 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, vs. 3 and 32 for the SE. Processor is the same.

I love my KeyOne and don't plan to upgrade to the KeyTwo, but if I were switching to a BlackBerry from another phone, I'd get the KeyTwo. Better specs are always worth it, and the KeyOne will most likely not get Android Pie.

No issues whatsoever with watching videos, and my battery is rarely below 50% at the end of the day.
    11-17-18 09:51 AM
    It's a great device,, a perfect mix for both work and entertainment.. currently I'm on black key2 but have used the keyone for a year(all models i.e silver, black n bronze) of which I liked black the most.

Had some truck GPS apps installed,, 3 accounts to handle emails,, every social media app fb,messenger, insta, whatsapp worked perfectly for me everyday and yeah I watched the whole breaking bad on Netflix on my keyone. It's a great device,, you shouldn't be hesitant to try it,, it's not gonna disappoint you, power packed device.
    11-17-18 11:14 AM
    You don'ts say why you're looking at a Keyone and not a Key2.
    I've had a Keyone Black since August 2017, and it's a very solid phone for everything you mentioned. It's solidly built and hsa enough memory and processing speed to do what you want minus massive games. Even the camera is acceptable.
    You'll buy it if you want a PKB, have a unique phone and still want to do everything you do on any other slab device.
    Then again, if you want to spend a bit more, you'll buy a KEY2. I've tried it and it's an updraded Keyone. I didn't like the feel of the keyboard or space bar, but that's my opinion. You should be able to type quicker on it than the keyone.
    It'll also get Android Pie, while the Keyone is now stuck on Oreo.
    Hope that helps!
    11-17-18 12:02 PM
    Very happy with the KEYone, at least for an Android phone. I live having both a PKB and a best-in-class VKB. It's not a phone for high-end gaming, and the 3:2 screen ratio makes it suboptimal for some video uses, but it's a great device for the average user who isn't satisfied with what the rest of the market is offering.

For me, the DTEK software, which makes it easy to monitor app permissions and behavior, is a big differentiator.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-17-18 12:21 PM
    I love my KEYone, which I have had for a year and a half. I have the silver edition which doesn't have as high specs as the unlocked black edition (note the AT&T space black has the same specs as the silver edition).
    I would definitely advise you getting the higher spec'd one because that has always got to be better. I find my KEYone to be up to every task I give it. I don't watch Netflix so can't speak about that. If it were today for me, however, I would probably go for the KEY2 unless I were strapped for money. I have heard that the KEY2 Keyboard is better than the KEYone. I do consider that a plus since it is such an important feature of the phone.
    11-17-18 01:48 PM
    I love my KEYone, which I have had for a year and a half. I have the silver edition which doesn't have as high specs as the unlocked black edition (note the AT&T space black has the same specs as the silver edition).
    I would definitely advise you getting the higher spec'd one because that has always got to be better. I find my KEYone to be up to every task I give it. I don't watch Netflix so can't speak about that. If it were today for me, however, I would probably go for the KEY2 unless I were strapped for money. I have heard that the KEY2 Keyboard is better than the KEYone. I do consider that a plus since it is such an important feature of the phone.
    Agree that the KEY2 is better in every way I can think of. The Speed Key for using keyboard shortcuts while other apps are active is a HUGE improvement.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-17-18 02:21 PM
    The KEYone is definitely a better communicator (keyboard, battery life) than an iPhone 7.

However, a KEY2/KEY2 LE would be even better than a KEYone at this point
    11-17-18 04:52 PM
    So far very happy with the Key one BE. As good as the old Blackberrys for general communication and messaging. Decent camera and good PDF handling. Recently have been using it for music with Spotify and books with audible, no issues at all. You tube works fine but the screen might be too small for some people (for me is fine). Look for the Key 2 as it has beefier specs, I presume it most be better (can't imagine how but that is what some users say).
    11-17-18 06:48 PM
    I WAS happy with the Keyone - even put up with screen falling off two of them. What has sent me over the edge is as soon as the Key2 launched - my Keyone battery now lasts 1 hour! Yep 1 hour from 100 percent to NOTHING. I have to keep the thing on a charger everywhere and this is my business phone. From that perspective alone I cannot recommend it. However unless the Key2 comes down in price, I'm going to have to cough up and get a 2nd hand Keyone to keep me going. If only I could still use my BB Bold!!
    11-17-18 08:51 PM
    What has sent me over the edge is as soon as the Key2 launched - my Keyone battery now lasts 1 hour! Yep 1 hour from 100 percent to NOTHING.
    But that really looks like something wrong with your device, mine is from the first batch in 2017 and I'm still getting a good life out of it.
    11-18-18 02:46 AM
    But that really looks like something wrong with your device, mine is from the first batch in 2017 and I'm still getting a good life out of it.
    Yeah definitely, must be a rogue app or something.

Nothing that a factory reset couldn't fix
    11-18-18 06:50 AM
    I WAS happy with the Keyone - even put up with screen falling off two of them. What has sent me over the edge is as soon as the Key2 launched - my Keyone battery now lasts 1 hour! Yep 1 hour from 100 percent to NOTHING. I have to keep the thing on a charger everywhere and this is my business phone. From that perspective alone I cannot recommend it. However unless the Key2 comes down in price, I'm going to have to cough up and get a 2nd hand Keyone to keep me going. If only I could still use my BB Bold!!
    That's a problem with your device obviously. Surely you can justify between 400 and 650 euros for a new phone if it's for business. No a big deal. Don't suffer like you are now.
    skrble likes this.
    11-18-18 07:34 AM
    if you can get Key2 or Key2 LE, get one of them instead. KeyOne is under spec'd.
    skrble likes this.
    11-18-18 10:05 AM
    I love mine
    11-18-18 10:13 AM
    No issues. Nice phone
    11-18-18 11:45 AM
    Keytwo has obviously better specs etc. but I didn't have the chance to see keyone or keytwo in real. for me ergonomy and build quality is more important. looking at the pictures keyone seems to have a better build quality but my impression may be wrong. can someone who has keyone and has also seen keytwo in real give their opinion about the build quality differences between these two. or ideally compare it to the passport?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-18 03:23 AM
    Keytwo has obviously better specs etc. but I didn't have the chance to see keyone or keytwo in real. for me ergonomy and build quality is more important. looking at the pictures keyone seems to have a better build quality but my impression may be wrong. can someone who has keyone and has also seen keytwo in real give their opinion about the build quality differences between these two. or ideally compare it to the passport?

Posted via CB10
    I find the Keyone BLACK to have a look and feel above the Key2 ! I was suprised.
    However, the Passport has a slightly more upmarket feel to it than the Keyone.
    The differences shouldn't be deal-breakers.
    To be honest, I'd get the Key2 as it's got betters specs and will be updated to Pie.
    11-19-18 06:40 AM
    superglue fudges a convenience key lol.
    the only negative issue is just the quality of the back plate, other than that, love it.
    11-21-18 06:38 AM
    I have yet to replace my KeyOne and it's still going strong. Planning on holding onto it as long as it continues to work.
    11-23-18 07:41 PM
    Well I'm a single person business and every cent counts so I'm hesitant about throwing another $650 into BB when I paid full price for the Keyone less than 16 months' ago. I don't abuse the phones but thrice bitten (with the Keyone and the lousy exchange policy of BB) - and it's not a question of 'justify' but more 'trust'.
    11-26-18 05:32 PM
26 12