This isn't really a deal-breaker for me. The phone I'm using right now doesn't have a headphone jack, which I never really used anyway. LED notifications are nice, but I have a smartwatch so it's not necessary.
    These are deal-breakers for me. I do not like to wear any jewelry except for an expensive watch to a dressy event so the smart watch thing is out.

I refuse to buy any phone without a headphone jack. I am strongly against this omission of hardware that was not asked for. I may not use it all the time but it is nice to have it when needed. If this trend continues to spread I believe that BlackBerry mobile will have me on a chain to their hardware as long as they keep physical keyboards and headphone jacks.

BTW....does anyone like my new profile pic? Kinda goes with my name lol.
    Check out what he is holding
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-02-18 at 12:43 PM.
    11-02-18 12:30 PM
    I agree with you guys as well, but I'm already on the BE 4/64, and unless I do some major Development Mode tweaks, it lags a lot. Mainly during my use of Android Auto, which has practically become a necessity during my daily business doings. That, and the fact that I'm a heavy power user and have in excess of 200+ apps installed.
    Im on the 4/64 and have about 60 apps . Do you "need" 200?!
    At the same time, it's only the ones that are in Use that lag up the device.
    My main lag gripe is with attacking photos; over 10 seconds. They say it's because of the largo number of photos on the SD card.
    11-02-18 03:05 PM
    I have AT&T, and that's true about the hotspot, but I'm trying to stop buying phones every 3~6 months. I'd like a phone to last at least 2 years, and I'm sure in that time there will be 5G-capable devices. I did just buy my current phone about a month ago, haha.
    Aside from no wireless charging and the expectation for a higher performance level (and RAM offerings) from the KeyOne to Key2 (and again, there is definite noticeable improvement, just not to the levels I expected), there's one item I am really upset about.... The absence of band 71, which is the new high speed data band. I confirmed with T-Mobile that this band is already available in most Metro areas of the US, including my area of South Florida. BlackBerry Mobile seems to release devices on the very cusp of "current" tech that gets dated within 6 to 12 months.
    11-02-18 09:24 PM
    what annoys me a bit, is that the KEY2 uses the exact same screen as the KEY1. it's more like a KEY1+ or KEY1.5 than a KEY2.
    Similar to the BB Passport and BB Passport Silver Edition
    11-03-18 01:33 AM
    Now that a few months have passed, how do you guys who still haven't decided to upgrade from a KeyOne to the Key2 yet feel?

Although I would love to own the Key2, my Key1 is still beastin and works perfectly for over a year. I'm debating on skipping the second and wait for the third.. I feel like the Key2 might of been the filler of the trilogy.. BBMobile is saving the premium tech for the thrice great Key3.

Thoughts? KeyOne owners feel like the upgrade just isn't worth the price tag?

Posted via CB10
    I feel sad, because I was first in line to get KEY2, but the hardware they put on it I can not support it, so I won't buy it.

Learn your mistakes BBM, make best camera experience with back and front facing cameras, put best stereo speakers you already got with Passport SE, remove navigation keys and add 4,7inch touchscreen, bring back right shift key and add CTRL key and shut up and take my money!
    ALToronto likes this.
    11-03-18 05:05 AM
    I have my device already year, BE, it works perfectly... so why I need other phone? I'm
    11-03-18 10:52 AM
    No Key2 on Verizon so, NO KEY2!
    11-03-18 11:15 AM
    I feel sad, because I was first in line to get KEY2, but the hardware they put on it I can not support it, so I won't buy it.

Learn your mistakes BBM, make best camera experience with back and front facing cameras, put best stereo speakers you already got with Passport SE, remove navigation keys and add 4,7inch touchscreen, bring back right shift key and add CTRL key and shut up and take my money!
    Perfect! But add 8GB RAM variant to actually be ahead not just "to date".
    11-03-18 01:06 PM
    I'm happy with my K1. I will use until I am forced to get another phone.
    11-03-18 01:21 PM
    what annoys me a bit, is that the KEY2 uses the exact same screen as the KEY1. it's more like a KEY1+ or KEY1.5 than a KEY2.
    Similar to the BB Passport and BB Passport Silver Edition
    If the KEY2 is a "KEY1.5" with the design overhaul it's got compared to the KEYone, then the Galaxy S9 is an S8.25 and the iPhone 8 is a 7.25. The Pixel 3 is a 2.5 etc...

The KEY2 has got so many more refinements in its design from the KEYone than most of the latest slabs and their prior iteration.
    11-03-18 02:50 PM
    If the KEY2 is a "KEY1.5" with the design overhaul it's got compared to the KEYone, then the Galaxy S9 is an S8.25 and the iPhone 8 is a 7.25. The Pixel 3 is a 2.5 etc...

The KEY2 has got so many more refinements in its design from the KEYone than most of the latest slabs and their prior iteration.
    Nah. iPhone 8 is a iPhone 6.75 at best. But with the galaxy you are right
    the_boon likes this.
    11-03-18 02:52 PM
    Bought the Black edition 1 year ago. And was surprised BBmobile dropped the key2 this year. This is probably hardly a saturated market seeing so many BB10 users still rant on this forum. (yes it feels like a breakup that BB10 won't for ever be with us, let's get over it the best we can). My previous phone was the pasport SE, and altough i didn't love the 3 rows of keys ( need that alt key!), I just loved how that phone looked! Although Black edition key1 is nice an ninja looking, The key2 silver looks pretty great to me.
    Really wonder if next spring or a key3 will emerge, as I doubt their is hardly a lot of space in the market for it it seems.
    11-04-18 01:09 AM
    This was literally the only reason why I gave up from my K1BE (after some research and testing 2 units of silver K1s as well).

K2 is aside the camera quite better in every other aspect, still, I wouldn't get it if I wasn't so upset with the whiring sound in all of my videos and recordings.

I don't think it's not worth upgrading between these two (K1BE incl.), unless money is only a piece of paper or a couple of digits for you. :-)
    11-04-18 01:27 AM
    Waiting for K3, could be a long wait.
    11-04-18 01:45 PM
    All good points, and the arguments to keep your K1BE (definitely not the Silver Ed.) are sound.

However, as someone already mentioned, $$$ aside, upgrading is a no-brainer if you want higher and seamless performance and a better form factor. The Key2 sits much better in the hand (and doesn't slip like the Key2), more comfortable KB and doesn't look like it gained 20 pounds when you put a case on it. I can verify that the performance is much better, primarily when you really work it hard through multi-tasking and using services like Android Auto and heavy setups for Google Assistant. My K1 is not even usable when connected to AA, and lets not even mention everyday BlackBerry Hub.

I'm sticking with the K2 upgrade, although if some of you are concerned about the pricing (I got the Dual-SIM Key2 with 128GB for mid $600's - that's $100+ less that original asking price), just wait till Black Friday or December and you can find them in the $500's.
    Last edited by willyq711; 11-07-18 at 06:49 AM.
    11-06-18 08:23 PM
    Waiting for K3, could be a long wait.
    .... And yes, you'll be waiting at least a year if not more for the K3
    11-06-18 08:25 PM
    OK, well, I finally got a good go on the KEY2 that a member of our microscopic BB group in Barcelona has.
    I tried the keyboard and ...
    I don't like it!! Why?
    Once I'd got used to the difference in the design I was able to type as fast on it as the Keyone.
    However, I don't like the plasticky feel of the keys and the feel and clickiness of the spacekey. Personally, the Keyone Black keys feel quality in comparison.
    The phone looks nice, but since the keyboard hasn't won me over, there's no reason to buy it. The K1B does everything I need just fine.
    This is just my very subjective opinion for what it's worth.
    So, if I feel like getting another Blackberry Mobile phone, I'll probably go for the LE in red when it comes out. From the reviews and opinions it seems good value for money.
    It'll maintain my interest until the Key3 comes out in a year's time or .... less ? Who knows.

The owner of the Key2 is coming from a Passport, and when you put the two together you start understanding how far BBMo has to go on the software front and a bit more on the general feel of quality of the handsets themselves. The keyboard on the Passport has a better quality feel and hits the sweet spot between matt and shiney. It's in the Goldilocks zone. BB still need to tweak their K series keyboards.
    I'm 100% behind the BBmo phones and put my faith in them continuing to work on improving both aspects.
    the_boon and ALToronto like this.
    11-07-18 10:28 AM
    OK, well, I finally got a good go on the KEY2 that a member of our microscopic BB group in Barcelona has.
    I don't like it!! Why?
    Once I'd got used to the difference in the design I was able to type as fast on it as the Keyone.
    However, I don't like the plasticky feel of the keys and the feel and clickiness of the spacekey. Personally, the Keyone Black keys feel quality in comparison.
    The phone looks nice, but since the keyboard hasn't won me over, there's no reason to buy it. The K1B does everything I need just fine.
    So, if I feel like getting another Blackberry Mobile phone, I'll probably go for the LE in red when it comes out. From the reviews and opinions it seems good value for money.
    It'll maintain my interest until the Key3 comes out in a year's time or .... less ? Who knows.

The owner of the Key2 is coming from a Passport, and when you put the two together you start understanding how far BBMo has to go on the software front and a bit more on the general feel of quality of the handsets themselves. The keyboard on the Passport has a better quality feel and hits the sweet spot between matt and shiney. It's in the Goldilocks zone. BB still need to tweak their K series keyboards.
    I'm 100% behind the BBmo phones and put my faith in them continuing to work on improving both aspects.
    Good points as well, and just to piggyback on that, I will say that the KB on the Key2 is definitely different from that of the K1 and may not be acceptable for everyone.

My change from the Passport to the PRIV was just VERY different, not necessarily welcome (other than that I could type faster). However, I will say that coming from the PRIV, the K1 Keyboard (and form factor) was a very welcome change-up. Finally, from the K1 to the K2, that's definitely going to be user option specific.
    11-07-18 11:53 AM
    I don't like it!! Why?

KEYone has better key travel, key resistance and a better spacebar.
    KEY2 has a better finish (matte ftw) and bigger keys

I prefer the latter and won't even consider going back to a KEYone at this point.

Typing this on my PPSE and I'm slow as hell on the 3 rows
    11-07-18 12:25 PM
    unless my newly arrived KEYᵒⁿᵉ replacement for loose screen punks out, I am very sure i will never own a key2 of any type. the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is fine for what I am doing. after 6 apps running, it slows a bit. I am beginning to wonder if TCL will make anymore of this line. I wanted Priv² and it looks like a pipe dream... a pity. Another small funny-shaped screen hard to read is not for me.
    11-07-18 01:51 PM
    I am quite happy with my Silver K1. I did however buy a Key 2 and after using it for couple of months went back to my K1
    My K1 looks and feels nicer and classier.
    K2 camera was a let down as it looks like BB just stuck in a second camera as an after thought. K1 cam is fine (not great like my P20 Pro).
    I can see the second character quite clearly on the K1 while the same second characters on the K2 are almost impossible to see.
    I admit that the size of the K2 keys are better than the K1 but overall I prefer my K1.
    I also need the "forehead" of the K1. I use an app "HRV4" which, by design, has me placing my forefinger on back to cover both cam and flash as the HRV is taken (HRV is Heart Rate Variability). So in order to steady my finger on the back I have to slightly pinch with my thumb on the forhead which I cannot do on a glass front as a touch there causes all kinds of other functions to happen.
    11-08-18 04:43 PM
    KEYone Black Edition still going strong. I’d wait for Key3 because of (hopefully) better camera, and with Android Pie’s gestures, we may finally get rid of those permanent multitask, home, and back buttons (I absolutely hate that they’re not on screen buttons).
    11-08-18 06:47 PM
    KEYone Black Edition still going strong. I’d wait for Key3 because of (hopefully) better camera, and with Android Pie’s gestures, we may finally get rid of those permanent multitask, home, and back buttons (I absolutely hate that they’re not on screen buttons).
    I absolutely hate them, period. After 5-1/2 years with BB10 I know damned well that they're completely unnecessary for any company willing to invest in a little UX design.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-09-18 07:36 AM
    I really like my keyone black so I'm on my second one after my first one walked away on me, which is the first time ever for me. It's plenty fast and has all I need. Shame nobody is really marketing them in Canada. Almost no stores carry them and some don't even realize blackberry phones still exist. Yet a lot of people who see my phone like the look of it and would like the keyboard, but didn't know that was even an option any more. If this phone dies on me It'll be a new key2 or if history is any indication on my phones usual lifespan maybe key3 or 4.
    11-09-18 01:59 PM
    I absolutely hate them, period. After 5-1/2 years with BB10 I know damned well that they're completely unnecessary for any company willing to invest in a little UX design.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Same for me! Absolutely hate them too!
    I hope that plenty users complained about them in the survey we had few days ago for the upcoming K3.
    11-09-18 02:24 PM
77 1234