I don't think there is even consensus on what constitutes "wobbly".
    This ^^^^

If you look at the design of the space bar closely you can see that the actual button under it is in the middle and it is wide so it will wobble by its very nature.

My KEY² was built on 8/28/2018 and the first thing I looked at was the keyboard and the space bar specifically.

There may have been earlier constructed devices that have a problem. Mine works fine and doesn't bother me at all.

ps: I know this is a KEYᵒⁿᵉ thread.
    11-01-18 04:45 AM
    This ^^^^

If you look at the design of the space bar closely you can see that the actual button under it is in the middle and it is wide so it will wobble by its very nature.

My KEY² was built on 8/28/2018 and the first thing I looked at was the keyboard and the space bar specifically.

There may have been earlier constructed devices that have a problem. Mine works fine and doesn't bother me at all.

This ^^^^

@mralgi knows better than all of us how the spacebar is built since he tore down a KEY2 to bare bones.

Does your 28/08 unit have any looseness/rattling when resting your finger on it without depressing the button?
    11-01-18 05:27 AM
    @mralgiDoes your 28/08 unit have any looseness/rattling when resting your finger on it without depressing the button?
    Nope, Firm and Solid.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-01-18 05:38 AM
    KeyTWO is for me like my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. OK it has the special key but this is it for rough. If the next Key... is smaller then I change. Until then I'm very happy with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    11-01-18 06:35 AM
    I have been very happy with my KEYone and had every intention of upgrading to the KEY2 just to support the form factor...

... But when the KEY2 came out with an inferior camera to the KEYone, I could not abide by it. Patiently waiting for the KEY3 to emerge.
    11-01-18 06:46 AM
    KeyTWO is for me like my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. OK it has the special key but this is it for rough. If the next Key... is smaller then I change. Until then I'm very happy with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    Forget the speed key, it's about the larger matte finish keyboard
    11-01-18 06:52 AM
    Well I did 3 days ago.... within 48 hours the screen stopped working on my Key2 (No touch feedback whatsoever). Did all the reset options, called Blackberry Mobile, but since mine is the int'l version, I have to wait for repair approval which takes 2 weeks. I have no words.... in the mean time, I've further tweaked my KeyOne through the Developer options to at least have a bearable working phone. Must say, it's definitely at least 25% faster and Android Auto works just a bit better. The Key2 however was blowing the KeyOne away in performance, plus it's slightly lighter and thinner (not to mention better design IMO) as well.
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    11-01-18 11:36 AM
    Well I did 3 days ago.... within 48 hours the screen stopped working on my Key2 (No touch feedback whatsoever). Did all the reset options, called Blackberry Mobile, but since mine is the int'l version, I have to wait for repair approval which takes 2 weeks. I have no words.... in the mean time, I've further tweaked my KeyOne through the Developer options to at least have a bearable working phone. Must say, it's definitely at least 25% faster and Android Auto works just a bit better. The Key2 however was blowing the KeyOne away in performance, plus it's slightly lighter and thinner (not to mention better design IMO) as well.
    I wonder to what degree one can use the KEY2 if the display touch response is non functional, since you have all the shortcut keys available.

There's also a thread on how to get pointer mode which I did successfully on my BE KEYone a few months ago
    /blackberry-keyone-f445/enable-pointer-mode-keyone-like-verizon-south-korea-priv-had-1126647/
    Basically, it allows you to hit the currency key which activates a mouse pointer like on a PC, and then you use the capacitive keyboard to move it around, and double tap the keyboard to select. It's possible to get around the whole phone without ever touching the screen with this mod
    11-01-18 11:57 AM
    If I had one of the first-gen KeyOnes I might consider it, but the black 4GB/64GB is so good for an Android device I'd already decided it was going to be my keeper phone for longer than my usual "one year or so". If the K2 came in red, though...
    11-01-18 02:31 PM
    My Keyone works fine, and upgrading would just be because I'm a BB fan and like new phones.
    To be honest I thought I'd be more enthusiastic about getting the K2 than I am. If I nice bronze version comes out, I might be persuaded. I'd be willing to pay 800 euros to get a higher spec phone with dual speakers and a better camera. I think most of the same people would buy it at a higher price with better specs because of its unique PKB.
    And shock horror, I'm even thinking about getting a nice red LE as a 2.5 while waiting for the 3.
    11-01-18 02:34 PM
    My Keyone works fine, and upgrading would just be because I'm a BB fan and like new phones.
    To be honest I thought I'd be more enthusiastic about getting the K2 than I am. If I nice bronze version comes out, I might be persuaded. I'd be willing to pay 800 euros to get a higher spec phone with dual speakers and a better camera. I think most of the same people would buy it at a higher price with better specs because of its unique PKB.
    You've captured my sentiments exactly, mrsimon.
    11-01-18 02:38 PM
    I agree with you guys as well, but I'm already on the BE 4/64, and unless I do some major Development Mode tweaks, it lags a lot. Mainly during my use of Android Auto, which has practically become a necessity during my daily business doings. That, and the fact that I'm a heavy power user and have in excess of 200+ apps installed.
    11-01-18 06:07 PM
    I agree with you guys as well, but I'm already on the BE 4/64, and unless I do some major Development Mode tweaks, it lags a lot. Mainly during my use of Android Auto, which has practically become a necessity during my daily business doings. That, and the fact that I'm a heavy power user and have in excess of 200+ apps installed.
    I just installed a head unit with Android Auto and agree, my KEYone lags like crazy if I don't close out of all apps in the task manager first. Usually, clearing out the apps as I get in my car is all I need to do.

Also be careful about putting your phone in your center console on a hot day as it might start bogging down and throwing high-temp warnings.

Waze doesn't seem to want to run very smoothly unless I reboot the phone, which is a pain.

... These are the moments when I start considering a KEY2............. but then I remember about its crappy camera.
    11-01-18 06:20 PM
    Well for the 2 days I had the Key2 working, I will say it's overall performance, especially with Android Auto, was very satisfying.

However, for the purposes of this thread, unless you're a power user or wish to use Android Auto seamlessly, the KeyOne BE 4/64 should do just fine for you till a Key3 is released. The performance gain is definitely noticeable, but not sure if a typical user will need it over the BE. The slightly lighter weight and thinness is also a plus on the Key2, but again, not enough reason for a $650 upgrade. I'm not so picky as to the camera since I'm not an avid pic taker other than a few family and plenty of business pix, but they don't need to be stellar. Honestly, as noticeable as the performance upgrade is, I was expecting more. BlackBerry needs to release a true flagship variant of these phones with powerful processing and hardware that will turn heads in the tech community. The exact same Key2 as it has been released with a bit better processor, 8gb RAM and 128-256gb of memory (and a better camera of course) would have rocked the phone tech world.

In conclusion, if it wasn't for the lag and Android Auto performance, I may also be waiting for the Key3.

And BTW, let it be know that I LOVE my KeyOne, but perhaps after having the Key2, love it a bit more....
    11-01-18 09:52 PM
    I'm loving my KeyOne limited edition black, performance is still on top no complaints at all so far. I'll wait for the Key 3.
    11-02-18 01:57 AM
    I tried to hang in there with my silver KEYone and Oreo kinda helped me keep it longer, but it's time for a KEY2. It's starting to bog down and the battery is starting to drain faster than it used to.
    11-02-18 04:39 AM
    For my usage, the KEYone Silver works fine. Messaging and Youtube watching.

I won't exaggerate and claim it's a speed monster with OREO or whatever. It does what I need it to do and does it acceptably. No other phone will have so many programmable shortcuts on physical buttons.

KEY2 would be nice to have, but not worth the upgrade for me at the moment. But if something happens to my KEYone, I'm pretty sure a KEY2 will be in my Amazon cart almost immediately. 1-Click to Buy!
    11-02-18 04:56 AM
    No other phone will have so many programmable shortcuts on physical buttons.
    Yeah, the few millisecond differences when opening an app on a KEYone vs a Slab sporting an 845 would be made up for when you just have to hit the shortcut key vs having to swipe around looking for the app icon.

This wouldn't always necessarily be the case but you get the idea.
    11-02-18 06:25 AM
    I don't like how the keytwo display glass is larger and goes to the top of the phone. I feel for that reason it's less durable. I already fixed my screen on the keyone myself and won't be falling out. the keyone is also plenty fast for what I do. keytwo doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade for me. I just hope the keyone gets some more updates
    11-02-18 07:30 AM
    I don't like how the keytwo display glass is larger and goes to the top of the phone. I feel for that reason it's less durable. I already fixed my screen on the keyone myself and won't be falling out. the keyone is also plenty fast for what I do. keytwo doesn't seem to be enough of an upgrade for me. I just hope the keyone gets some more updates
    It's the same screen. The speaker/camera grill is just a bit narrower.
    11-02-18 07:40 AM
    I'm happy with my KEYone, and would never upgrade any phone more often than once in three years. I think the KEY2 is a better device in almost every way, and I probably would have waited if I'd known it was coming.

But, more relevantly, now that I'm using an Android device more regularly, I am looking at a future where I use a mobile OS less and less. Android doesn't support my work as well as legacy BlackBerry devices. So, I will likely only use one occasionally.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-02-18 07:49 AM
    is there something that Key2 can do that KEYᵒⁿᵉ can't. I'm ok with KEYᵒⁿᵉ for another 2 years 😀
    asbuender likes this.
    11-02-18 09:19 AM
    is there something that Key2 can do that KEYᵒⁿᵉ can't. I'm ok with KEYᵒⁿᵉ for another 2 years
    Aside from Portrait shots and the speed key (aka keyboard shortcuts with a custom launcher are now possible), and aside from Android Pie with gestures eventually, then no, there's nothing the KEY2 can do that the KEYone "can't"

Edit: Well, many reported that services like Android Auto work so much better on the KEY2 while they lagged on KEYone... so there is that
    11-02-18 09:31 AM
    Just to let you know there is not headphone jack or LED RGB notification light on the Oneplus 6T

On the flip side there is this:

https://themrphone.com/article/onepl...led-workaround
    This isn't really a deal-breaker for me. The phone I'm using right now doesn't have a headphone jack, which I never really used anyway. LED notifications are nice, but I have a smartwatch so it's not necessary.
    11-02-18 11:04 AM
    VZ's 5G proof of concept is broadcasting to a fixed base station.

AT&T's 5G is the first mobile application... it will be a Hotspot.

At this time, they are still finalizing the 3GPP standards... meaning no handsets till mid-late next year at the earliest.
    I have AT&T, and that's true about the hotspot, but I'm trying to stop buying phones every 3~6 months. I'd like a phone to last at least 2 years, and I'm sure in that time there will be 5G-capable devices. I did just buy my current phone about a month ago, haha.
    11-02-18 11:18 AM
77 1234