Now that a few months have passed, how do you guys who still haven't decided to upgrade from a KeyOne to the Key2 yet feel?

Although I would love to own the Key2, my Key1 is still beastin and works perfectly for over a year. I'm debating on skipping the second and wait for the third.. I feel like the Key2 might of been the filler of the trilogy.. BBMobile is saving the premium tech for the thrice great Key3.

Thoughts? KeyOne owners feel like the upgrade just isn't worth the price tag?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-18 10:39 AM
    just got replacement for screen fallen off... looks like a brand new device and works fine... often have 6 or more apps open w/o problem... I see no need for upgrade now.

…still holding out hopes for Priv²
    10-31-18 11:01 AM
    Yes, I think this is where I am, too. My KEYone works so well that it's hard for me to justify the upgrade, especially given some of the negative feedback from KEY2 owners. If the KEY2 was getting unanimous, rave reviews, I probably would have purchased.

On the other hand, there is not unanimous, rave reviews for the KEYone, but it seems to work great for me.

Finally, I DO wish I could try a KEY2 or KEY2 LE before purchasing. It feels like a risk to buy sight unseen. I went to Best Buy to check out their in-stock LE, and they wouldn't let me take it out of the box without a $35 restocking fee!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-31-18 11:03 AM
    Yes, I think this is where I am, too. My KEYone works so well that it's hard for me to justify the upgrade, especially given some of the negative feedback from KEY2 owners. If the KEY2 was getting unanimous, rave reviews, I probably would have purchased.

On the other hand, there is not unanimous, rave reviews for the KEYone, but it seems to work great for me.

Finally, I DO wish I could try a KEY2 or KEY2 LE before purchasing. It feels like a risk to buy sight unseen. I went to Best Buy to check out their in-stock LE, and they wouldn't let me take it out of the box without a $35 restocking fee!
    Amazon allows you return if not satisfied.
    10-31-18 11:13 AM
    Based on my experience it’s doubtful I will purchase another device from a company that ignores bugs and refuses to push the monthly updates it promised. Fool me once...
    10-31-18 12:08 PM
    I have viewed with interest the key2 specs finding nothing to sway me to fork over a lot of shekels for it.
    10-31-18 12:14 PM
    Although I wouldn't mind getting a KEYtwo, or even the next new BB phone that comes along, I, like most BB owners usually keep their phones for a long time, unless their are constant issues with them. Albeit the KEYone is not a perfect device but it suits my needs. Their have been quirks and speedbumps since purchasing this device but IMO, that's to be expected. Eventually, I'll upgrade to a newer device but it won't be the KEYtwo.
    10-31-18 12:19 PM
    I have viewed with interest the key2 specs finding nothing to sway me to fork over a lot of shekels for it.
    I agree. I thought the K1 was overpriced, and then the K2 happened. But you get a hardware keyboard! !!!

I love my K1, but there are changes I would want made in order to upgrade and those changes did not make it to the K2.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-31-18 12:22 PM
    I have been using my black edition K1 for a year now and don't really have any compelling reason to "upgrade" to a K2. I don't feel like dual cameras are worth it, the K1 seems to have the better camera with more micrometer pixels in the sensor, or something like that. I don't like the darker Alt keys printing on the K2 keyboard and it's flatter keys either. I will wait at least for the Key3 and see what that one's like, and then I'll decide whether or not to upgrade. For now though, I'll stick with my K1.
    10-31-18 12:33 PM
    Based on my experience it’s doubtful I will purchase another device from a company that ignores bugs and refuses to push the monthly updates it promised. Fool me once...
    I agree !!!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-31-18 12:36 PM
    I forgot to add, I am not interested in buying a new phone with a wobbly spacebar
    10-31-18 12:39 PM
    To be honest, now is not a good time to purchase a new phone anyway. With 5G looking to be released in the US across carriers starting as early as the next few weeks, there's no point in upgrading to a phone that won't be compatible.

I've been really wanting the new OnePlus 6T, but I keep reminding myself that it won't support the new 5G standard and I'll be forced to upgrade at some point anyway. No point in wasting the money!
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    10-31-18 12:45 PM
    To be honest, now is not a good time to purchase a new phone anyway. With 5G looking to be released in the US across carriers starting as early as the next few weeks, there's no point in upgrading to a phone that won't be compatible.

I've been really wanting the new OnePlus 6T, but I keep reminding myself that it won't support the new 5G standard and I'll be forced to upgrade at some point anyway. No point in wasting the money!
    VZ's 5G proof of concept is broadcasting to a fixed base station.

AT&T's 5G is the first mobile application... it will be a Hotspot.

At this time, they are still finalizing the 3GPP standards... meaning no handsets till mid-late next year at the earliest.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-31-18 02:21 PM
    I came across a great deal on a BlackBerry KEY² so picked one up. This phone is way ahead compared to the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ in terms of processing power, only downfall is the forced loss of the right shift key. The speedkey isn't worth losing right shift, and losing the currency key for right shift just makes it worse.
    10-31-18 04:11 PM
    I bought a Black Edition KeyOne in February for $700. Now, the Key2 is between $830 and $900. (All Canadian prices). Not sure making the jump for that kind of coin with less than a year of ownership is a good deal for me. I cannot complain with the performance of my KeyOne so upgrading at this point is just silly.
    10-31-18 05:56 PM
    My K1 works really well and on top of that all set up the way I want. A little tough to justify going to the K2 though I am tempted by the bigger RAM and bigger keys!
    10-31-18 06:23 PM

Just to let you know there is not headphone jack or LED RGB notification light on the Oneplus 6T

On the flip side there is this:

https://themrphone.com/article/onepl...led-workaround
    10-31-18 06:42 PM
    I forgot to add, I am not interested in buying a new phone with a wobbly spacebar
    If it's wobbly, just exchange it.
    Same as KEYone last year with the screens lifting on the early silver models. Except this time around, not all devices are affected.
    10-31-18 07:27 PM
    I didn't have a wobbly space bar but it should not even be an issue since it can be immediately returned.
    Non issue!
    If there was any issue it would be if you did not like the feel of the keyboard or the difference in feel of the space bar.
    That's it!
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-31-18 at 08:36 PM.
    10-31-18 08:12 PM
    If it's wobbly, just exchange it.
    Same as KEYone last year with the screens lifting on the early silver models. Except this time around, not all devices are affected.
    the_boon -- is there consensus that the newer KEY2s are uniformly better, as in solid spacebar?
    10-31-18 08:24 PM
    the_boon -- is there consensus that the newer KEY2s are uniformly better, as in solid spacebar?
    I don't think there is even consensus on what constitutes "wobbly".

The same keyboard varies from "I didn't even notice" to "this is a total disaster".
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-31-18 08:33 PM
    I don't think there is even consensus on what constitutes "wobbly".

The same keyboard varies from "I didn't even notice" to "this is a total disaster".
    So, unlike the KEYone screen lift, there is no discernible improvement with the KEY2 space bar?
    10-31-18 08:54 PM
    So, unlike the KEYone screen lift, there is no discernible improvement with the KEY2 space bar?
    It's hard to say. The same individual would have to see a large number over time to make a statistically valid judgement.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-31-18 08:57 PM
    Pretty much what Conite said above. No one's really reporting anything about the spacebar for some time now, whether positive or not.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-01-18 02:35 AM
    I tried upgrading but BlackBerry/Amazon didn't want me to apparently. I preordered on Amazon before launch and received no estimated ship date until after launch and the date they gave me was over a month out. I contacted Amazon about the delay and they didn't seem to care so after a couple weeks with no change I gave up and canceled my preorder.

I got the Oreo update shortly after and honestly am a lot happier with my KEYone now. Still have some issues but it seems a lot more polished and less buggy. BlackBerry has a long way to go as far as OS updates go though. My Essential phone gets updates the same day as Google releases them sometimes and they are a small startup. My KEYone hasn't had a single update since the upgrade to Oreo.

That said I finally tried a KEY2 on display when visiting Canada last month and it was pretty nice but I definitely noticed the different clickiness of the spacebar. Maybe I'll get a KEY3 next year.
    11-01-18 02:47 AM
77 123 ...