I'm doing it today. It's a great phone though. If I don't get the next BlackBerry, I'll buy it again.

Posted via CB10
    Big call.

But I see your point. TCL are being very coy about future phones, I'm sure they'll do a new DTEK 60. All their PR stating they are in it for the long run, rather than profiting short term.

I have a Priv too, but never got wireless charging with it. I bought in April 2016 via Shop BlackBerry (& Digital River). How much do you reckon its resale value is? Considering it.

I'm sure you know this but the KEYone's camera is far superior to the Priv.

So you using a PassPort & a Priv?

Be interesting to see Selfridges return process?
    05-12-17 08:10 AM
    So you just bought it to use it a few days and then send it back just because? Yeah sure, that will help BlackBerry. Very much.
    Haha, I don't buy things to help the company. That's just stupid. I bought it because I needed a new phone and I don't know if you are aware, they aren't out on display and you can't pick them up. You have to buy one to see what it's like. The size began to irritate after a few days and I had to keep putting on my glasses just to read it (which was becoming a drag. If I made fonts larger, I wasn't getting the right amount of content on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Good Future and anon(9710735) like this.
    05-12-17 08:14 AM
    Big call.

But I see your point. TCL are being very coy about future phones, I'm sure they'll do a new DTEK 60. All their PR stating they are in it for the long run, rather than profiting short term.

I have a Priv too, but never got wireless charging with it. I bought in April 2016 via Shop BlackBerry (& Digital River). How much do you reckon its resale value is? Considering it.

I'm sure you know this but the KEYone's camera is far superior to the Priv.

So you using a PassPort & a Priv?

Be interesting to see Selfridges return process?
    Yes, pp & Priv combo. The resale via mazuma.com or O2 recycle is £160 on the Priv at the moment. I haven't got rid of the Priv yet thank god so I won't be left in the lurch. Privs also go for £200 - £250 on ebay if you want to shift it that way. Yeah, the KEYone camera is pretty slick. Nice shutter speed and really good quality. No lag there either.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 08:18 AM
    I'm doing it today. It's a great phone though. If I don't get the next BlackBerry, I'll buy it again.

Posted via CB10
    Also, what features and benefits are Missing from the KEYone?
    05-12-17 08:20 AM
    Haha, I don't buy things to help the company. That's just stupid. I bought it because I needed a new phone and I don't know if you are aware, they aren't out on display and you can't pick them up. You have to buy one to see what it's like. The size began to irritate after a few days and I had to keep putting on my glasses just to read it (which was becoming a drag. If I made fonts larger, I wasn't getting the right amount of content on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Well said!!
    05-12-17 08:30 AM
    Also, what features and benefits are Missing from the KEYone?
    For me, the main one is size. If I had just a few more mm's width and about 13mm to the height, that would have been perfect for my hands and eyes. Wireless charging would have been great, but that's not a dealbreaker. I liked the feel of it and the one thing that was missing and I kind of took it for granted that it'd be there was some kind of HDMI. Be it slimport support or mhl. I have both of the adaptors and I stay in hotels quite a bit and I've gotten used to just plugging in. I have Chromecast too, but relying on it isn't good, I've had issues in the past. The battery was absolutely amazing and the fingerprint reader was so fast. The other thing that I came to realize was that although I bought it to replace the Priv (personal phone), it was more suited to work, so I thought ok, ill replace the pp, but man, when it came time to let go I couldn't. I've got so used to a BlackBerry 10 / Android combo that the thought of having two Android phones worried me as I have a lot of stuff on the pp and also, there's certain things that the pp does that Android struggles with like reader mode, certain file operations like conversions and certain other things that I've just got used to doing the BlackBerry way. Also, the pp has a lovely wide screen that I don't have to squint at. At the end of the day I had to choose between a good phone that wasn't quite right for me in a role that I had not intended it for or just get my £500 back and wait for a bit to see what's on the horizon. Not easy to let it go but the head won out over the heart this time. One last thing that I didn't feel was quite right was the word flicking on the KEYone. It's not up to scratch yet. I do this a lot on the pp and on the Priv and having the keep swiping to get it to flick a word was getting irritating. It's mainly the area in the middle of the keyboard, it seemed ok either side. Thinking of buying Jaguar as I need a new car and I heard they were struggling, SMH

Posted via CB10
    Mike-Mike and kadakn01 like this.
    05-12-17 09:04 AM
    For me, the main one is size. If I had just a few more mm's width and about 13mm to the height, that would have been perfect for my hands and eyes. Wireless charging would have been great, but that's not a dealbreaker. I liked the feel of it and the one thing that was missing and I kind of took it for granted that it'd be there was some kind of HDMI. Be it slimport support or mhl. I have both of the adaptors and I stay in hotels quite a bit and I've gotten used to just plugging in. I have Chromecast too, but relying on it isn't good, I've had issues in the past. The battery was absolutely amazing and the fingerprint reader was so fast. The other thing that I came to realize was that although I bought it to replace the Priv (personal phone), it was more suited to work, so I thought ok, ill replace the pp, but man, when it came time to let go I couldn't. I've got so used to a BlackBerry 10 / Android combo that the thought of having two Android phones worried me as I have a lot of stuff on the pp and also, there's certain things that the pp does that Android struggles with like reader mode, certain file operations like conversions and certain other things that I've just got used to doing the BlackBerry way. Also, the pp has a lovely wide screen that I don't have to squint at. At the end of the day I had to choose between a good phone that wasn't quite right for me in a role that I had not intended it for or just get my £500 back and wait for a bit to see what's on the horizon. Not easy to let it go but the head won out over the heart this time. One last thing that I didn't feel was quite right was the word flicking on the KEYone. It's not up to scratch yet. I do this a lot on the pp and on the Priv and having the keep swiping to get it to flick a word was getting irritating. It's mainly the area in the middle of the keyboard, it seemed ok either side. Thinking of buying Jaguar as I need a new car and I heard they were struggling, SMH

Posted via CB10
    That is the best explanation....
    05-12-17 09:18 AM
    For me, the main one is size. If I had just a few more mm's width and about 13mm to the height, that would have been perfect for my hands and eyes.
    I actually wondered if it would've been better to install the screen horizontally, make the keyboard a bit larger and have a landscape device.

But then I remembered all those apps that are not optimised for landscape mode or those that always display in "portrait" ... and that would've given a really bad experience.
    05-12-17 09:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    My gripe is that there's a incredible lag when using TIDAL. But I think that's TIDAL rather than the KEYone.
    05-12-17 09:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    How did the refund go?

BTW, does the Priv support MHL? Or just slimport?
    05-12-17 06:03 PM
    Slimport only, afaik.
    05-12-17 06:07 PM
    Slimport only, afaik.
    Thanks
    05-12-17 06:58 PM
    Screen quality: more robust and less interference due to the flat screen/keyboard doubling as a bezel.
    Sound quality: better but more easily muffled.

Couldn't wait to get ride of the priv. Gave it to my wife. Everytime I pick it up now it feels nice. Don't know what youve got until it's gone I guess. Anyway, I need a tough device.
    05-12-17 08:34 PM
    My gripe is that there's a incredible lag when using TIDAL. But I think that's TIDAL rather than the KEYone.
    I've never used TIDAL but I believe it is really heavy due all the HD content. But then again, I asked my daughter to test the Snapchat experience on it and she said it was horrible. Her phone is a Nexus 6p.
    05-13-17 02:18 AM
    How did the refund go?

It's just slimport for the Priv. I use MHL for my xperia z3 tablet. Essentially, there's no difference between the two in terms of performance
    Good Future likes this.
    05-13-17 02:21 AM
    How did the refund go?

Refund process was painless. They said DPD would be round on Monday to pick it up. It's boxed and ready.
    05-13-17 02:25 AM
    I don't know if you are aware, they aren't out on display and you can't pick them up. You have to buy one to see what it's like. .

Posted via CB10
    I've spent hours trying it out in various CPW stores in London over the past couple of weeks!
    05-13-17 07:35 AM
    I've spent hours trying it out in various CPW stores in London over the past couple of weeks!
    That's great. I live 100 miles from London.
    05-13-17 08:55 AM
    That's great. I live 100 miles from London.
    That's a shame.
    Agree with you about the flick up to type. I use that a lot as well on my Priv & it works great. On the Keyone it seems the raised space bar interferes. Also a pity that the Keyone lacks swipe down for symbols, etc & also swipe up from the home circle. Also keyboard scrolling seems smoother on the Priv.
    Orthodox typing is superior on the Keyone but the trackpad drawbacks mentioned above let it down, at least at the moment. Hopefully TCL can improve these areas.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    05-13-17 10:19 AM
    That's a shame.
    Agree with you about the flick up to type. I use that a lot as well on my Priv & it works great. On the Keyone it seems the raised space bar interferes. Also a pity that the Keyone lacks swipe down for symbols, etc & also swipe up from the home circle. Also keyboard scrolling seems smoother on the Priv.
    Orthodox typing is superior on the Keyone but the trackpad drawbacks mentioned above let it down, at least at the moment. Hopefully TCL can improve these areas.
    Yes, using it felt very natural and apart from my personal gripes and the dodgy word flicking, it's a great phone. I really think that if BlackBerry mobile build on this as a foundation, then a return to the mainstream for BlackBerry is on the cards. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for whatever comes next.
    05-13-17 10:37 AM
    I like my priv as well and am in no hurry to replacement it. I'm gonna wait and see if Verizon even carries the keyone. If the reports are true, and if they carry it, it will be fall. By then my priv will be pushing 2 years old. I'll wait and see on that and if there are any further updates to it as well as how it's performing. If all is well then I may just hang on awhile longer. I don't like dropping a bunch of money for phones anyway and right now my priv does all I need to do and then some. I do admit the battery life on the keyone is very tempting though. This is a good thread and I'll keep reading as long as you are updating
    Verizon isn't going to carry the KEYone, it's only Sprint and T-Mobile. My buddy is a Manager at T-Mobile and my Aunt is a corporate manager at att and even att isn't going to carry the KEYone. T-Mobile will have the KEYone the 24th for display.
    05-13-17 11:34 AM
    If TMO carries it I am in.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-13-17 12:03 PM
    any thoughts on cell reception vs. the Priv, some commentators have said the reception is worse for the Keyone? Also, regarding Verizon availability, are you 100% sure they wont carry it? I have heard differently in other places.
    05-15-17 10:06 PM
    any thoughts on cell reception vs. the Priv, some commentators have said the reception is worse for the Keyone? Also, regarding Verizon availability, are you 100% sure they wont carry it? I have heard differently in other places.
    In my experience, the reception on my KEYone is better than on my Priv... and I'm using a UK imported device in Toronto, Canada on the Rogers network.

I would get the occasional dropped call on my Priv but no such issues with the KEYone.

Such a great and gorgeous device!
    kadakn01 likes this.
    05-15-17 10:59 PM
    Refund process was painless. They said DPD would be round on Monday to pick it up. It's boxed and ready.
    You're lucky.

Carphone Warehouse Selfridges do not offer money back only an exchange.....
    05-21-17 08:13 AM
139 ... 23456