I wanted to know KEYone owners, who are coming from a Priv, how would you rate the KEYone's screen quality and sound quality compared to Priv?
    Last edited by europolska00; 05-06-17 at 09:55 PM.
    bluesqueen23 and ck2nb like this.
    05-06-17 07:58 PM
    Nobody?
    chrispmoto likes this.
    05-06-17 10:07 PM
    I'm interested in comparisons as well as I currently have the Priv and am planning on the Keyone, thanks!

Edit: also if you've had the passport, still my current favorite BlackBerry

on the road with my BlackBerry
    05-06-17 10:18 PM
    I'm interested in this too - where is everyone?
    05-06-17 10:38 PM
    Maybe waiting for the KEYone which goes on sale May 31st in USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ.
    05-06-17 11:08 PM
    Hello everyone. I came from the priv. The screen quality is good. And after 3days now im slowly getting used to the keyboard again. My only adjustment so far seems to be towards screen size in some apps were im used to watching or playing in a bigger screen. Speed is good and battery is even better! No issues of heat. Also while there is a sym button to access the symbols.. I am kinda used to swiping down on the physical keyboard because I used to have a passport aswell. So sometimes il find myself swiping on the keyboard to bring up the symbol keys.
    anon(3641385) and ck2nb like this.
    05-07-17 12:50 AM
    I use a Passport and a Priv and my πŸ”‘ 1 arrives tomorrow.
    05-07-17 12:50 AM
    Maybe waiting for the KEYone which goes on sale May 31st in USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ.
    This.
    05-07-17 12:55 AM
    Got mine on Friday. Loved the moved. Keyboard is back to a proper keyboard like the Bolds or Classic. Screen appears nice and clear and bright. The sound is fine. The main thing is the battery. Compared the PRIV this thing must be running on nuclear! I usually get a max of 6 hrs before I need to charge on the PRIV. On this I got 16 hrs off charge and was still at 29%!
    James Pelletier likes this.
    05-07-17 01:07 AM
    yesterday i went for 30HOURS! and still had 15%
    05-07-17 03:15 AM
    yesterday i went for 30HOURS! and still had 15%
    Screen capture....
    05-07-17 07:11 AM
    Hello everyone. I came from the priv. The screen quality is good. And after 3days now im slowly getting used to the keyboard again. My only adjustment so far seems to be towards screen size in some apps were im used to watching or playing in a bigger screen. Speed is good and battery is even better! No issues of heat. Also while there is a sym button to access the symbols.. I am kinda used to swiping down on the physical keyboard because I used to have a passport aswell. So sometimes il find myself swiping on the keyboard to bring up the symbol keys.
    Thank you for the comments! Some people are saying KEYone is laggy. I don't care for super high speed. My Priv can sometimes be a bit laggy. I hope the KEYone is at least as fast as Priv or a bit better.

How would you compare the speaker on the KEYone compared to Priv?
    tazcubed likes this.
    05-07-17 10:13 AM
    I use a Passport and a Priv and my πŸ”‘ 1 arrives tomorrow.
    Congrats! Please come back and share your thoughts on KEYone speed, speaker, and screen compared to Passport and Priv!
    05-07-17 10:13 AM
    Screen capture....
    This is for today.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone owners coming from Priv-7337.jpg  
    chain13, ThaLiveKing and Snap51 like this.
    05-07-17 11:17 AM
    I wanted to know KEYone owners, who are coming from a Priv, how would you rate the KEYone's screen quality and sound quality compared to Priv?
    Priv's screen has more pixels/resolution (
    1440 x 2560 pixels (~540 ppi pixel density)
    and the curved screen and is larger at 5.4 inches. Priv is amoled, 16m colours and Gorilla glass 4.

KEYone is more legible in sunlight though. And IPS, also 16m colours and Gorilla glass 4. 1080 x 1620 pixels (~433 ppi pixel density)

Sound quality is hard to tell, both of them are loud. Need GSM Arena to do a detailed review...!
    05-07-17 01:22 PM
    I'm interested in hearing about speed & multitasking ability (no games, just hub, phone, YouTube, & other apps that would make sense for a business user) of K1 vs the priv. I had the privilege & was dissatisfied with overheating & sluggishness when multitasking. I also have a passport but it's a tough comparison when BB10 is so different. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting a powerhouse here, just a generally smooth experience when multitasking productivity aps & pod casts via YouTube.
    05-07-17 04:57 PM
    Yes really want to see a speed comparison here. A lot of people said it will be faster and an upgrade from the Priv. Would really like to see a camera and speed comparison. The rest we know; to keyone has better keyboard and battery etc.
    05-07-17 05:17 PM
    Congrats! Please come back and share your thoughts on KEYone speed, speaker, and screen compared to Passport and Priv!
    Will do. Couple of hours to go!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-17 04:14 AM
    Hello

Can recent KEYone owners also share the benefits / changes running under Nougat compared to Marshmallow before on PRIV.

As we wait for news whether Nougat will arrive for PRIV / Dteks.

Thanks

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    05-08-17 04:24 AM
    KEYone has arrived. Just installing the 185 apps from a Google Backup and the last Nova backup. Should be up and running soon. 😁
    05-08-17 05:31 AM
    OK, I have to say, so far I'm impressed with the KEYone. Text is crisp and a pleasure to read. The phone is light compared to my pp and I think about the same as the Priv. (Might be wrong) just a guess. I'm equally at home on a vkb and just flipping the phone sideways brings up the vkb if you want to use it. It seems zipper than the Priv and Nova Prime goes well with it. It looks hefty but I think it's light. Feels premium and is the first phone I've used that gives me that old BlackBerry feeling like a 9900. Good job BlackBerry.
    ardakca likes this.
    05-08-17 07:30 AM
    OK, I have to say, so far I'm impressed with the KEYone. Text is crisp and a pleasure to read. The phone is light compared to my pp and I think about the same as the Priv. (Might be wrong) just a guess. I'm equally at home on a vkb and just flipping the phone sideways brings up the vkb if you want to use it. It seems zipper than the Priv and Nova Prime goes well with it. It looks hefty but I think it's light. Feels premium and is the first phone I've used that gives me that old BlackBerry feeling like a 9900. Good job BlackBerry.
    Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying your device.

How is the sound on the speaker for music and speaker phone? Is it clear? How is the volume? How would you compare the speaker to the one on the Priv?

Happy to hear it is faster than the Priv!

How is the screen in direct sunlight? Can you see it?
    05-08-17 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the feedback! Glad you're enjoying your device.

How is the sound on the speaker for music and speaker phone? Is it clear? How is the volume? How would you compare the speaker to the one on the Priv?

Happy to hear it is faster than the Priv!

How is the screen in direct sunlight? Can you see it?
    Speaker is great for speakerphone but not as good as the passport (no surprise there) it's better than my Priv in this regard and is loud and clear. Music is ok but nothing special. It's quite tinny and if you enjoy using your phone speakers for music, do not entertain this device. Priv is better for music. In terms of lag or stutter, I have almost 200 apps installed and it's as quick as a whippet. I do appreciate that I haven't given it a chance to build up a cache yet so we'll see but I played empires and allies on it and the Priv found this challenging after 5 minutes and got hot and lagged badly. The KEYone handles it fine and just got a little warm. Charging is super fast and the screen does not feel small.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9710735) and kadakn01 like this.
    05-08-17 10:25 AM
    Speaker is great for speakerphone but not as good as the passport (no surprise there) it's better than my Priv in this regard and is loud and clear. Music is ok but nothing special. It's quite tinny and if you enjoy using your phone speakers for music, do not entertain this device. Priv is better for music. In terms of lag or stutter, I have almost 200 apps installed and it's as quick as a whippet. I do appreciate that I haven't given it a chance to build up a cache yet so we'll see but I played empires and allies on it and the Priv found this challenging after 5 minutes and got hot and lagged badly. The KEYone handles it fine and just got a little warm. Charging is super fast and the screen does not feel small.

Posted via CB10
    One more q. How is the Bluetooth sound quality? Can you make a comparison between the priv and k1? And last but not least, how is the simcard tray? Any wobbling?
    05-08-17 10:41 AM
    One more q. How is the Bluetooth sound quality? Can you make a comparison between the priv and k1? And last but not least, how is the simcard tray? Any wobbling?
    Bluetooth? I've only used it to make a call from the car's bt handsfree and tbh Priv, pp and KEYone all sound the same over bluetooth. Might be my inexperienced ear though as i'm not a big music listener. The sim tray is one of the firmest and best engineered ones that I've seen. The tray sits almost perfectly flush with the frame and is very sturdy.

KEYone owners coming from Priv-img_20170508_164840.jpg

Posted via CB10
    kadakn01 likes this.
    05-08-17 10:48 AM
139 123 ...